Seven

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At first she said yes and now she was getting second thoughts.

Jeongyeon was annoyed with herself saying yes to Jiwon and now he wouldn't leave her side. She had been putting her things away and when she couldn't reach, he would grab it and place it for her. He smiled at her but she only rolled her eyes and finished up.

Everything he was doing would tenfold and made it annoying.

The annoying part was that, every touch he accidently did and made her heart jump crazy doing flips. Her cheeks would heat up and he would smirk probably catching that. She nudged him away when he got to close and he only chuckled seeing her react to his closeness.

Although, he couldn't help but to do it on purpose. He wanted to see if she was bothered by him or get a hint of affection from her to him. Surely after being close to her and helping her put away her things. He saw her act nervous and blush.

He liked it because he felt it too inside.

He wanted to continue but he was following behind her by five feet going to meet Nayeon. Jeongyeon had mentioned that she was still friends with her when he questioned her about it and it made his stomach do a twist. He didn't think they were still friends but what did he expect? He was the reason they were friends.

He tried to walk closer but Jeongyeon would stop knowing she felt him close and he would stop taking a step back. It was funny since he felt like a minion learning her new habits. But it was all for show for now. Soon he would be by her side like he always wanted to do. It should have always been that way.

Jeongyeon opened the door to a cafe near her place and smiled seeing Nayeon sitting down with her phone. She was probably messaging Inseong for the day. Jeongyeon went over to her and hugged her.

"So what's the news?" Nayeon asked holding her hands. "You have me anxious."

Bobby walked over to them and waved to her. "Hey.."

Nayeon widen her eyes at him before going back Jeongyeon. She blinked her eyes to her and then back to Bobby. "I didn't expect this kind of news."

Jeongyeon sighed putting her head down before looking back at her friend. "Neither did I, but he wouldn't leave me alone."

"You can't say you don't like having me around." Bobby snorted looking at her from the side and then to Nayeon. "She wants to have you as a witness."

Witness?

"Wait.." Nayeon looked over to Jeongyeon as she was already sitting down and Bobby sat next to her. But Jeongyeon pushed him over more but she couldn't. Bobby chuckled again and moved himself a bit from her like she wanted. "You decided to give him a chance to explain?"

She spoke to her about me?

Bobby looked over to Nayeon and saw how she hadn't changed much. She was still cute and bubbly from her facial features and concerned for Jeongyeon. He knew he did good for Jeongyeon. He wanted her to have a friend that will stay by her. He didn't talk much to Nayeon after what happened.

"What changed your mind?" Nayeon asked looking over to Bobby as he smiled at her.

"I don't know, but tell me I'm not crazy agreeing to this." Jeongyeon looked at her best friend before looking at the corner of her eye to him.

Bobby stayed quiet before leaning on the table. "Like I told her, I need to gain her trust first and then I'll explain everything."

"Why not explain now?" Nayeon asked him tilting her head.

"That's what I said." Jeongyeon sighed looking at him.

He smiled and did something he should be careful with but he couldn't help himself. He was just glad she was letting him be around her. He placed his hand on her thigh making her widen her eyes. "Because, I need to earn trust before I can explain. If I explain now, you might not believe me and think it's a poor excuse."

"What if it wasn't?" Nayeon laughed nervously. "I mean you never know unless you try right?"

Bobby felt his heart racing anxiously to her comment knowing she knew something they only knew. He left his hand on Jeongyeon's thigh until she pushed it off making her change seats sitting next to Nayeon. He smirked at them both. "I know what I'm doing."

Jeongyeon sighed and opened up her purse. "I'm going to get something sweet, want anything Nayeon?"

The girl shook her head with a smile. "Ask Jiwon if he wants something."

Bobby shook his head and Jeongyeon got up not looking back at him. He smiled seeing her annoyed but it was cute and fun. He had forgotten how cute she can be. He looked over to Nayeon, who was biting her bottom lip. When they made eye contact, she leaned on the table and crossed her arms.

"Did she forgive you?" She asked him.

He shook his head. "I'm working on it. I got two weeks off."

"Do you think that's enough?" Nayeon questioned looking behind him. Jeongyeon was behind and thankfully it would take some time. She needed some alone time with Jiwon to really talk about what he is up to with Jeongyeon. "What are your true intentions with her?"

He leaned on the table as well and got serious. "I plan to fix everything. "

"Oh, right so can clear your conscious?" She glared at him.

Bobby rolled his eyes shaking his head. "It's not like that. I've been wanting to fix things for a long time. I still care about her and...my feelings are true."

"What?" Nayeon widen her eyes surprised. "But in school you said --"

"I know what I said." He looked at her hoping she could see the truth in his eyes. "I said that so you would go to her and stay by her. I'm surprised you still are."

"Of course I have!" She defended herself with her friendship with Jeongyeon. "I've been there for her since that day."

- - -

Jeongyeon went into the ladies room after seeing Jiwon around some girls flirting and when he looked at her, he acted like he didn't care anymore. He continued talk to them and then a girl kissed him on the cheek taking him by surprised and that made Jeongyeon flee the scene.

She locked herself in the stall and a lump formed in and soon tears slid down her cheek making her cover . She hated this new year of school. Things had been fine with her and Jiwon and now he was doing things she hadn't see him before.

It hurt her inside and made her wonder what went wrong in their friendship. She stayed until she stopped and heard the bell ring a few times. She didn't know what subject it was but she couldn't stay inside the restroom forever. When she came out a girl with long black hair with curls at the bottom was fixing her hair and make-up.

Jeongyeon didn't hear anyone come in.

She ignored that thought and went to the sink to wash her face. The girl looked over to and felt concerned. She bit her bottom lip and knew what she had to do. She let out sigh and cleared . "Do you want to borrow my make-up for your eyes?"

Jeongyeon looked at her as she closed the faucet and grabbed the paper towel. "What?"

The girl smiled making her eyes go up and handed her the compact and nodded. "Or do you want me to do it?"

Jeongyeon wasn't sure but she looked at herself and didn't like what she saw. If she went home like that, Seungyeon was going to take care of the matters in her own hand. Jeongyeon looked back at the girl and nodded. "Thanks."

"No problem. I'm Im Nayeon."

"Yoo Jeongyeon."

Nayeon smiled finishing up the make-up and turned Jeongyeon around. "All done."

"Thanks." Jeongyeon gave a small smile back to her let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Nayeon asked looking at her in the mirror. "Do you not like it?"

Jeongyeon shook her head. "It's not that."

"Then?"

"I'm losing someone...important to me."

Nayeon felt a pang in her heart and hugged the girl she just met. "Well from now on, you will have me and you won't have to think of that person."

Jeongyeon didn't know what to say. She couldn't trust someone she just met. She didn't hug the girl back but she let go and smiled at her. "You don't have to pity me."

"I'm not." Nayeon swallowed the real words and saw how broken she was in front of her. "How about we talk during lunch and we can get to know each other better?"

At first, Jeongyeon didn't know what to say but she didn't have much of an option. Her sister was gone from school, her other friends were Jiwon's friends and she didn't talk to anyone in her class expect maybe her desk buddy sometimes.

Baek Juho.

He was always asleep though and quiet but he did talk with his friends.

Jeongyeon left the bathroom first going back to class agreeing to Nayeon and would see her for lunch. Nayeon was the last one to leave the restroom and when she stayed in her place she turned to the right and saw the person who sent her in.

Kim Jiwon.

He only nodded and went back to class. He closed his eyes feeling guilty as it was eating him up inside. It was happening every day and he couldn't stop it. There was no point in it all. He started it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter