Fourteen

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn't feel like two whole months.

It felt longer.

Kind of like, half a year.

Maybe it was exaggerating to most people who weren't family and maybe Jeongyeon was letting it get to her head but no one could explain what was she was feeling. Every so often, she would zone out into her own world and think about what she was like two months ago.

It was cold and hard.

Nothing else mattered.

She had lost her sister and wished it was only a nightmare.

Bobby would catch her drifting out into her own world and he gently placed his hand on hers bringing her back. He gave her a small smile and she would laugh it out but he knew what was really on her mind.

Seungyeon.

The night before, Jeongyeon couldn't sleep since she was in another place and Bobby was already knocked out with his arm draped over her waist, with him breathing behind her ear. At first it didn't bother her but the warmth around that he gave made her get up from the bed and go to the sofa.

It wasn't because she was uncomfortable, it was because her mind was awake and thinking of Seungyeon.

She curled herself with the thin blanket that was on the sofa and closed her eyes. She stayed that way for a while until she felt a heavy weight on her. She let out a groan and saw Bobby looking at her worried. She explained what was bothering her and he kissed her for comfort letting her know he was there.

He wasn't going anywhere else.

Bobby moved himself behind her and got under the thin blanket as well. He and his body heat were enough to keep each other warm. He wanted to be back on the bed with her and hold her in his arms but the smaller space made it better.

"Got everything?" Bobby's voice rang through her ears as she picked up her head and looked over to him. He had just come in from work and thankfully, he got off early. Jeongyeon didn't bother going in since everyone at work knew. Her father didn't go in either but he would go tomorrow.

Jeongyeon nodded as she was only taking her bag and a soju bottle. "One drink with my sister is all I need."

Bobby chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Do you think you'll be able to sleep with me tonight.. in my bed?"

"Define sleep?" Jeongyeon tease pushing her nose to his as he nudged hers making her giggle.

"You know what I mean." He pecked her lips and sighed as she slowly swung them. "I don't want you to shut me out...not when we are together."

Jeongyeon sighed and smiled at him. "I won't shut you out. I hope I do sleep well tonight with you holding me in your arms."

He chuckled kissing her again and again. "Ok. Ready to head out?"

She nodded and he lead them out. It was going to be at least an hour drive by bus. They were going to take a taxi but it was expensive and Bobby was going to pay but she didn't want him to. He didn't mind but she did.

In her new relationship, she was going to have to adjust on him paying for things he wanted to do. He didn't have to worry about her depending on him since she did just fine but once in a while didn't hurt. He liked seeing her smile and laugh while he was with him. Sometimes he saw her go into a sad expression and he would put his arm over her and bring her closer as he kissed the top of her head.

'Everything was going to be ok'.

She had to tell herself that.

Jeongyeon hasn't spoken to her family expect her father since it happened. She wondered how her mother was doing and her sister Seoyeon. It had been a while. She just hoped this wasn't going to be the only day they got together.

That would be depression.

A family broken and only brought together on a birthday, death anniversary and the day of dead. It was a long day and it was already going to end in just a few more hours. Everyone from her family must have already stopped by. It was probably Jeongyeon left.

She didn't mind since she wasn't sure if she even wanted to see her family. She missed them but they hadn't been one in two months.

No one is to blame. It just happened.

Things change.

- - -

Jeongyeon had been staring at the tall white building for the longest time. It hadn't changed since the last time and she never went in. It was too depressing for her and she rather be outside with the fresh air.

Thankfully, there wasn't much space and her parents wanted something private and open. Her family ended up getting a tree and putting up her name up with some ribbons and some flowers. It was different and simple.

Jeongyeon had no say since she never thought her parents would do that. She thought they would keep it traditional and have her cremated and in a small box where they can only see her through a window. But a tree was much better and Seungyeon would like the open fresh area instead of being crowded.

"Where is she?" Bobby was standing at Jeongyeon's side holding her hand giving her a little shake. Jeongyeon gave him a small smile and started walking to the left. She pulled him as they walked along a trail. "She's not inside? Does she have a mound?"

Jeongyeon shook her head. "She is outside but she doesn't have a mound."

Bobby noticed her silence since yesterday when he got back from work. He distracted her for a bit but she always seemed to go back in to her own world. He observed her and watched what he said around her. He didn't know what she would be going through. He had an older brother but he stayed in America. They spoke often when they could but if he ever lost him, it would break him inside.

That's probably how she felt but worse.

He sighed as they walked for ten minutes not saying anything. What was there to say? There wasn't any right words to speak. He sighed as he saw others visiting families and loved ones. He swung their hands trying to remind her, he was still there.

Jeongyeon smiled at their hands and even though she was happy; she was also feeling down and wondered if she deserved to be happy right now. She finally has the right person in her life to give her the happiness she needed.

Kim Jiwon.

It has always been him. But as she was getting closer to the tree, she couldn't help but think to herself the same question over and over.

Do I deserve to be happy?

Jeongyeon stopped in front of tree as the leaves were already growing back and little green leafs were showing on the tip of the branches. She let out a sigh and stared at the plank board with her sisters name on it. She saw a few flowers down below and a small white teddy bear that used to be in her room. Someone from her home must have brought it.

"Seungyeon, you remember Jiwon right?" Jeongyeon nudged Bobby as he saw her name and smiled.

"Hello Seungyeon... I'm... sorry for everything and don't worry Jeongyeon is in good hands with me now." Bobby let go of her hand and went to the tree and touched her plank. "I wished I had known sooner about you and Jeongyeon wouldn't have been without me."

"Stop making it seem like I was alone." Jeongyeon opened her bag and pulled out the soju bottle and put it by the flowers and teddy bear. "I had Nayeon, Inseong, Youngbin, Dawon, and Juho."

Bobby snorted and nudged her back making her lose her balance. "Yeah, none of those people are me."

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and went to touch the plank board as well and smiled at her name as she slowly traced it with her finger tips. "Seungyeon, I'm wearing the earrings you bought me. When I wear them I think of you and know you're at my side."

Bobby listened to her and did notice the earrings on her ears. He thought they were cute and belonged to her cute style. He had seen them on her a long time ago in school but it was awkward to even give her a compliment after everything. It was like those past memories will be imprinted with them and he couldn't take them back.

He slowly started going into his own mind and started to think. Jeongyeon hasn't said anything about forgiving him. She has said, 'I love you' many times but he wanted to hear her say 'I forgive you'. He need closure for himself.

He didn't want to push it since its only their second day being together but if he had to wait a bit longer her would. Although, the truth was out. Did he really need to keep waiting longer?

"Bobby?" Jeongyeon went to him cupping her face. "What's wrong?"

At her touch he stopped zoning out and grabbed her wrists and felt the coldness from her hands but he only smiled at her. "Nothing Baby."

She gave him a look that made him chuckle at her and sighed. "I don't believe you."

He looked over her shoulder and saw Seungyeons' name on the board and sighed thinking about what happened two months ago. He was sure that Jeongyeon would need to know. After all, Seungyeon was going to talk to her for him. He smiled at the tree and closed his eyes for a moment and looked back at his girl. "I'm ready to tell you the secret I mentioned yesterday."

Jeongyeon nodded with the same smile and turned back to the tree. "It's nice to see you again Seungyeon, I'll be back soon and we'll talk more about stuff."

A gush of wind hit the bodies of the two couple and they each took it as a sign that maybe Seungyeon was actually there listening. Jeongyeon and Bobby laughed and they looked at the tree one last time before turning their backs and walking down the trail to find a bench.

Jeongyeon didn't want to stay to long and freeze. She just wanted to put the bottle for a drink and stare at the name that will always belong to her sister. She would never be forgotten, but she will always be loved.

- - -

Bobby didn't know how to start. They were sitting on the bench as the sky was changing colors slowly. It had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter