Five

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day.

Another new start.

Jeongyeon had been at work for a few hours and she couldn't stop spacing out. She would be looking at the chart when Taeyang went to sit some people down and then she would go. Other times Jaeyoon would have a turn but lately he had been shadowing the cooks and has been in the kitchen more often.

Taeyang would catch her spacing out as well when he would see people come in and she wouldn't attend them. He would take them to sit down. He would come back to his post and Jeongyeon would still be in her place. He could only guess her mind was thinking about her sister. It was understandable.

He had seen her always happy and smiling and talking about the days with Seungyeon having fun and sharing memories. Now she doesn't do that and all she does is stay quiet. He would try to bring it up but she avoids it and smiles to make him believe her.

But he knew better.

He cleared his throat that made her flinch and snap her head to look at him. "What's on your mind?"

She shook her head. "Nothing. I'm fine."

Taeyang was younger than her but he could tell by now. "Come on, let's have some serious talk and let's see if I can help."

Jeongyeon wasn't sure if she wanted to dump all her problems on him. He is family and he does manage to help distract her mind and he is also a good friend to her. She sighed and went to lean on the stand looking at the names and the chart. "How do you stop crying for someone?"

He thought for a moment and knew she was referring to Seungyeon he leaned on top of her leaning his elbow and heard her groan but she didn't mind it. "You don't."

Jeongyeon stayed quiet before she let out a sigh. "I miss Seungyeon and all... but I'm tired of crying so much. I mean...maybe I sound cruel or something but I just want to stand on my own two feet and stop crying."

Taeyang moved off her and made her stand up correctly and put a hand on her shoulder. "You cry because you love her. She is family and a part of who you are. Everyone is different in healing and you're still accepting that she isn't here anymore. It takes time."

Jeongyeon knew he was right. What else was she to do? She missed her sister but now, she was just going to have to put her foot down and stop crying every chance she got. "If I want to stop crying.. should I start being strong and make my life better?"

Taeyang shrugged to her with a smile. "I don't know. You know yourself better than anyone and it was hard for you to adjust remember? Inseong and Nayeon were worried the first few days and thought you would do something to yourself."

The girl snorted and shook her head. She was in a bad state but how could she not? Her sister was gone and she wasn't coming back. That was a hard adjustment and something she needed to accept. It wasn't easy. Every day was the same, tears of pain, tears of anger, tears of sadness and it was on a repeated cycle.

The boy sighed and looked at his cousin with adoring eyes. He cared a lot about her and wanted her to turn back into her old self again. Smiling brightly and having fun. But he knew she was gone for now but he knew she will come back with the right person. "It's ok for you to be stronger if you want to get better. But it's also ok for you to cry when it's too hard. We all have our limits. Just take it slow and take a few chances for new beginnings."

Jeongyeon widen her eyes and blinked at him. "Did someone tell you about Jiwon?"

Taeyang blinked at her and shook his head. "Jiwon? The guy who --"

"Don't finish that sentence." Jeongyeon cut him off and looked at the front door as it opened but she widen her eyes yet again as she saw a familiar face with a plus one. "Oh... kill me now."

Taeyang chuckled at her comment but he turned to what she was staring at and he too widen his eyes. "I'll do it fast like ripping off a band-aid."

- - -

Matthew and Bobby were out for lunch and were walking through the area until they decided on a place. They were working long and hard since the first few hours and when Bobby got some free time he went back to the studio to work with his stuff. But he couldn't find the right beat.

He was going to sit through his lunch and leave early but he got lucky and got dragged out by Matthew for lunch. They hadn't talked since the early morning since Bobby called him. Matthew thought it would be good to talk about it through lunch.

Bobby couldn't help but agree since his mind was thinking about her and when she slapped him. He couldn't stop thinking about it or about Juho taking her back home. Mixed feelings were stirring inside him but he had no place to say something.

When they walked inside the place to eat, he stopped in his place to see her unexpectedly in her work uniform looking back at him with widen eyes. He nudged Matthew and he turned his head to look at him before meeting eyes with the girl with copper hair up to her shoulders and he raised his eyebrows.

That must be the girl?

Bobby stared at her longer with a smile on his face but she mumbled something to her co-worker and he said something back to her. He went up to her and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Hey."

She put her head down and gave him a smile and the person beside him. "How many?"

"Two." Matthew spoke out trying to keep the peace between them.

Taeyang cupped her ear as he whispered into it. "Do you want me to take them?"

Jeongyeon shook her head and took two of the menus from the stand. "This way gentlemen."

Bobby followed her and Matthew was right behind him. It was silent as they walked but there was noise as the people were talking around them in their own conversations. Jeongyeon placed the menus down and waited for them to take their place. When they did and Jeongyeon bowed her head was about to walk away but Bobby grabbed her wrist making her gasp and in that moment they both felt something.

Bobby looked up at her and felt a rush of bumps all over his arm making his hair stand. He watched Jeongyeon as she closed her eyes and flinched at his sudden touch. "This is Matthew Kim, we work together."

Jeongyeon opened her eyes and turned to look at the person with a strong and masculine face and he was tall for his height. He smiled at her and gave her a nod. "Hi."

Jeongyeon gave him a nod and wiggled her wrist from Bobby's grip. He was going to let go but he let his hand slide down to the palm of her hand. She felt his finger tips lightly brush around her palm and she let out a sigh as she turned to look at him.

He smiled at her with his eyes that meant well and she took it for a way to escape his touch. She released herself and cleared . "Enjoy your date."

Matthew snorted upon hearing her remark as she walked away. "Damn, she is good and cute."

"Hey, watch it." Bobby turned back to look at his friend. "She's mine."

Matthew leaned on the table and smirked. "First things first, how do you plan on being around her?"

Bobby smirked as he brought that up. But he needed a moment to look down at his hand as he felt the touch of her soft skin on his hand making him feel sensational. It had never happened before and seeing the look on her face, she must have felt something too. He didn't know she worked here and now that he does, he saw this as another opportunity.

"Bobby?" Matthew called out to him as he was waiting.

He looked up at him and had the same smile on his face. "I'm going to take two weeks off from work."

- - -

Jeongyeon was in her room already dressed and ready to head out for the weekend. She didn't know what to do but she would think of something once she got Jiwon on board with her. She grabbed her phone and dialed his number. He didn't answer the first time. She pouted and let out a sigh. She tried again and he picked up.

"What's up?" He asked without saying hello.

"Do you want to do something? I'm ready to go. I can meet you somewhere and we can --"

"Sorry but I'm out with my mom right now. We are meeting some friends of hers." He told her as he sighed. "You know I would want to hang out with you more but... you know my mom."

"She loves to socialize." Jeongyeon chuckled into the phone. "I guess it can't be helped."

"I'll see you at school." He said and hung up before she could respond back.

Jeongyeon looked away from her phone and it went back to her wallpaper. She sighed and saw Seungyeon passing her room and thought of Plan B. "Seungyeon!"

The older girl went back to her sisters room and leaned on the door frame waiting for what she had to say.

"Do you want to hang out? Jiwon can't, he is out with his mom." Jeongyeon asked as she was sitting on her legs on the bed.

Seungyeon smiled at her sister. "So when Jiwon can't, I'm backup?"

Jeongyeon nodded quickly. "Is that a 'Yes'?"

Seungyeon rolled her eyes and sighed going to her room for a moment and had her bag and phone. "Let's go."

The younger girl squealed and grabbed her things quickly and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter