Sixteen

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine Months Later.

It's incredible when time flies.

One minute, someone is crying over a great loss and at the same time trying to heal, someone wants to help and make it better.

Words that slap someone in the face hurts less than heartbreak all over again. All the pleading doesn't make up for it but with the right words, someone can take a chance and try a second time.

Someone once said, 'Always give a second chance, not a third.'

Not anyone deserves three.

What's important in any relationship is trust. Without it, what is there? Just words being exchanged and trying to believe if its real or fake. Follow your heart or mind? What helps build trust?

In the time spent between Jeongyeon and Bobby, everything was real and amazing. They had a few bumps along the way, like when Bobby kept begging Jeongyeon to move in with him and she could save money, since he did get more than her. She wasn't sure leaving her apartment was the best choice, but she was staying over at his for months.

She gave in making him more happy than he could ever be.

There was another time when Jeongyeon was cleaning up some mess that Bobby left on the coffee table with nothing but papers and scribbles. She stacked everything into a pile making Bobby frustrated when he had it fine. Sure, the papers were scattered but he left it like that because it helped him know what he was doing.

He had to apologize to Jeongyeon while they were in bed as she had her back facing him and he held her as they spooned. He gave her nothing but soft kisses around the bottom of her earlobe going down her neck until he was forgiven.

Which wasn't until she pinned him down and attacked his neck after getting her aroused.

Then, there was one night when Juho had walked Jeongyeon home since Bobby had been out of town for a couple of days and every time Bobby called her to check up on her, she was giggling along with Nayeon as they were out and about.

He thought she was getting closer to Juho but he was reading into way too much. No one could blame him for his insecurities when it came from him being away from her.

All in all, things were just normal in their relationships.

No lies.

All promises.

Honesty and more.

- - -

Jeongyeon was on her way to pay Bobby a visit for finding something that made her anxious and annoyed. She was cleaning up a bit again and some of the papers where he likes to work on lyrics were scattered again and she picked some up. She didn't mess anything up this time. She was merely curious to see what he was working on and maybe she could help.

But when she picked up one sheet, she felt nothing but anxious all over. Maybe she was reading into it. She read the lyrics again and again.

It made her comfortable since they relationship had been going extremely well. He even bought her a ring with a round stone of opal. Even though her birthstone is topaz, she fell in love with the colorful white opal as it shimmered in the sunlight.

Sometimes she saw it more as a engagement ring than anything else. It was on the wrong hand but she fell in love with it the moment he gave it to her. He did mention someday he would propose to her and she will have the most beautiful ring.

When Jeongyeon arrived at the building standing before her, she felt nervous closing her eyes trying to relax. Nothing seemed to working. She opened her eyes and pulled out the paper as it was folded and stared at it.

We shared a life that wasn’t short
Our hearts matured
Rather than lovers, we were like family
Now whatever we do, feels like we already did it

There was only three verses and one chorus.

Or at least that's what it looked like. She wasn't sure why the words that he wrote affected her. She loved him, but seeing the written proof that something is going on and he wasn't telling her? That was another problem. He was always open and honest with her. She was the same way, she would cry randomly but that was a girl thing monthly and sometimes she would recall a memory with Seungyeon.

Jeongyeon sighed as she read the other parts.

Worries seem like doubt
What if’s become reality, we’re both obsessing
No strength to talk out the misunderstandings
Just saying sorry
Before we noticed, we slowly grew apart
Because of that, we need to shout at each other now
In order for each other to hear
God girl, what do we do?

When you have to try in love
That already means it’s not love
With love without the butterflies
Only attachment remains

The song was confusing when it came to the chorus. She was trying to figure out why was he writing about a relationship that is going downhill and the chorus is nothing but love.

I love you
Still (girl)
I love you
I’m still in love with you girl
I’m still in love with you
(Yeh ye ye ye)

It doesn't make sense!

Jeongyeon closed her eyes again trying to calm herself before she went in and caused a scene that would embarrass Bobby and if he tells her the truth, she would feel the same way. Embarrassed.

She opened her eyes and put the paper away and grabbed on the strap of her purse and went inside the building.

Kim Jiwon, you have some serious explaining to do!

She reached the island of three different receptionists' and one that was familiar with her smiled as she stood up. "Hello Jeongyeon, are you here to see Bobby?"

Jeongyeon smiled as she grabbed the pen and signed in. In the beginning of their new relationship, Bobby had asked for a pass for her whenever she came by. It took a few weeks but he made sure one of the workers knew her since they had different schedules but one was always there.

The older girl handed her the pass with a smile. "I believe he is in one of the studios recording."

"When isn't he?" Jeongyeon joked making her laugh as well. "Have a good day."

She nodded and sat down looking back at the screen and answering the phone. Jeongyeon grabbed the straps of her pass and put it around her head. Instead of passes usually being stickers and tags. This was more like a VIP pass to enter with no problem.

Jeongyeon headed to the elevators and just when she pressed the button to go up, the doors opened for a ding and she widen her eyes seeing a familiar girl looking back at her with the same reaction.

Her hair was dark brown as it was down and straight. She wore a cute yet simple outfit, her jeans were ripped around her knees and an oversized blouse as it was tucked in with her white thin strap of her purse as it was on the side of her hips. It had been a while since Jeongyeon saw her. If anyone were to see her, it would be Bobby. But he never mentioned anything.

Jeongyeon moved herself to the side so the girl could pass but instead of her walking away she stayed in front of her.

"Do you have a minute?" Daisy asked the older girl hoping she would agree. It had been months and she just wanted to apologize. She had come back from visiting Bobby and she was surprised he forgave her. But he made it clear that she had to apologize to Jeongyeon as well.

Please...

Jeongyeon didn't know what to say. The doors closed and she missed her chance to escape but she didn't know her well like Bobby did. She gave her a nod. "Sure."

Daisy gave her friendly smile pointing to the small cafe that was inside the building. It was rare for some to have it but it was also good for business. "Thank you."

I hope I don't regret this..

- - -

It was quiet and that made Jeongyeon fidget it her chair. She didn't know what Daisy wanted to talk to her about. It's been months and she was the one who caused her problem with Bobby but if it wasn't for her, they wouldn't be together right now. That was the only thing she was grateful for. Her actions were wrong but she is young. At least that's how Bobby saw it.

Jeongyeon took a sip of her tropical fruit juice and it was refreshing but it wasn't taking away the nerves.

Daisy was in her place trying to bring up a conversation but the right words weren't around. It was as if her mind was making her suffer for her wrong doings and she had to deal with it on the first thing that came to mind. She sighed and nodded to herself.

Just wing it..

She opened and saw the pass around her neck with Jeongyeon's name on it and signed by Bobby. She smiled knowing she had one too but she was going to give it up. She didn't want to lose Bobby as her friend and brother. "Bobby requested that for you?"

Jeongyeon realized she was talking about her pass and looked down at the rectangle clear cover and saw the paper inside that was hers. She nodded to her. "Yeah just after a few weeks we got together."

The young girl nodded and took in a deep breath and let it out. "I'm sorry for what I did to you and Bobby. I was wrong to get involved. I was jealous, he was picking you over me."

She was shocked at her apology feeling her heart racing. She didn't know if it was a good feeling or what. But it did take her by surprised. "Are you... trying to have a clear conscious?"

Daisy bit her bottom lip and shook her head. "I'm not sure really. Maybe...I just wanted to apologize to Bobby and he forgave me but he told me I should apologize to you as well. I didn't just hurt him. I hurt you too."

Bobby told her to do this?

Jeongyeon sighed and sat back on her chair. "If he didn't tell you to do this, would you've done it either way?"

"Yes." She replied quickly. She wasn't surprised at her answer. Ever since that day of seeing Bobby angry at her and hearing the words leaving his mouth. It was kind of like a wakeup call for her. She felt bad for taking away his happiness for her selfish reasons. It wasn't right. "I shouldn't have been immature like that. If anything, I should've helped him with you but I let my feelings get the best of me. So, I'm sorry for what I did and I hope you can forgive me."

Jeongyeon saw young girl still biting her bottom lip waiting nervously. It was nice for her to apologize and start over. Ever since that incident, Bobby didn't mention her and she hadn't been calling him either. She was probably beating herself up. Seeing someone you like flirting with someone who isn't you.

"Is it possible for us to start a friendship with a clean slate?" Daisy asked hoping it was possible.

Jeongyeon gave her nod and held out her hand. "Yoo Jeongyeon, nice to meet you."

"Daisy Yoo. Pleasure." She took her hand and they gave each other a squeeze.

"'Yoo'? Are we related?" Jeongyeon joked making the girl laugh.

"Probably not." Daisy smiled making her eyes go up and she had a cute laugh that gave an idea to Jeongyeon.

"I know this is forward of me, but would you consider in a blind date?" Jeongyeon grabbed her phone and scrolled through her pictures. She found what she was looking for and smiled looking down at him. She handed her phone over to Daisy. "This my cousin, Taeyang. He is single and he will brighten your day with his personality and more."

Daisy's cheeks were already burning as she stared at the picture. His smile was already making her smile in the process. How was that possible? Even her heart was starting to race. She handed the phone back and nodded quickly. "Only if you're there."

"Double date it is." Jeongyeon laughed agreeing. "He is sweet, kind and works with me. So if you guys hit it off well, I'll be watching him all the time."

Daisy giggled at her remark sipping her drink trying to cool herself off. "Thank you for giving me a chance. I'm not going to be the person I was before. I'm going to be better."

Jeongyeon could see her being confident with her words and hoped she stays true to herself. Not for someone else. It has to be for herself. "Just don't lie to me."

"Never again." She responded back smiling. "If I do, you can slap me."

The older girl blinked at her request and couldn't help but smile. "I'm not that cruel."

Daisy laughed along with her and stood up. "Bobby has my number, just text me when and where for the date."

"Sound good." Jeongyeon nodded getting up and waved bye to the young girl. It looked like it was going to be a start of a new friendship. Now that she got her mind distracted for a bit, she was going to go bother her boyfriend.

Time to face the real problem.

She threw away her drink and just when she started walking, she bumped into someone. She excused herself but she smiled meeting the person. She laughed seeing him and the girl next to him.

"Here to see Bobby?" Matthew asked as he held Seunghee's ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter