Nine

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young girl looked at her phone and frowned not getting any messages from Bobby. She had been texting him but no response came back from him. She had heard he was taking two weeks off but he never told her anything.

She knew they weren't together, but she had a lot of free time and would want to spend time with him. She tried to call him but it only rang and rang. It reached his voicemail but she didn't leave one.

So she did the next best thing that came to her mind.

She wasn't a stalker but she went to his work place. She searched around for a familiar face and hoped to get the answers she needed. She kept turning her head over to the side and smiled seeing whom she was looking for.

"Matthew!"

The tall built guy looked up at the person calling his name and he stopped in his place as she started running to him. He rubbed the back of his neck and gave her a friendly smiling. "Hey Daisy."

"Have you spoken to Bobby? I can't seem to reach him." She waved her phone to him and frowned again hoping to get some answers.

"Uh..." He chuckled nervously and tired to avoid some eye contact. "He is visiting his parents."

"Oh really?" Daisy smiled already bouncing on her heels. "I can just give his mom a call and we can meet for lunch --"

Crap..

"No don't..." He stopped her from calling. He watched her expression and waited for him to say more. Matthew had to come up with something quick and hoped she didn't look more into it. "He just wants some quiet to rest. I mean, he will be back soon don't worry about him. Go and have some fun."

Daisy thought about his words and nodded knowing he could be right. She always saw Bobby working hard and stressing sometimes. It was her turn to let him rest and have a break away from her. She smiled up at the tall person. "Yeah, he will be back and when he is, I'll come back."

Matthew agreed and saw her leave but she took out her phone again and hoped she wasn't going to call him and was calling her friends.

"Hey Nancy! Do you want to go the theme park?"

- - -

Jeongyeon got off the phone with Nayeon and did not like what she planned. She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples sighing. She didn't know how she was going to tell Bobby especially. He said he would come over later in the afternoon which was already getting close and he wanted to talk.

It was curious to want to know but at the same time, she didn't want to know. She wasn't in the mood but he had been good to her and his words would linger around her mind but she didn't want to think about them too much and get her hopes up.

She was still having second thoughts.

It is difficult to trust someone who meant so much to you at one point and then gave nothing but lies and now they are willing to make it right?

What is trust?

It's built on words that people chose to believe and trust them.

Jeongyeon went to her room getting her things and decided to wait outside her building while Bobby showed up. She was already dressed and she just needed to go out and get fresh air.

Going down the steps slowly, she was thinking about Bobby. The other day, she was thinking about all the different times he lied and then ended their friendship. She always thought about the bad but it wasn't like that. There was a lot of good before the bad happened.

She smiled as she made it to the last step and stayed outside. She was giving him a chance hoped he was using it wisely. There had been a lot of teasing like when they were younger and words that made her heart jump all the time and the closeness he gave her.

It made her blush feeling hot around her just thinking about. It was as if he was trying to show how he feels towards her. In just a short time, she saw that he hasn't changed as much. He is just more handsome, attractive and y but she will never admit that to him.

"Are you waiting for me?" A familiar husky voice called out to her. She turned to the right as he had a bag with some things in it.

For some strange reason, she smiled as he got closer and nodded. "I got a call from Nayeon wanting to do something but you can say 'no' to it."

He smirked and stopped once he got close enough. "What's up?"

Jeongyeon didn't exactly know how to say what Nayeon suggested, not to mention Inseong doesn't know Bobby but he knew the story on what happened. She bit her bottom lip before letting the words slip out. "Nayeon wants to do a double date with you, me, her and her boyfriend."

Say what?

Bobby was shocked at the sudden idea. He didn't think Nayeon would do something like this. Even though she did agree to help him, he hadn't spoken to her since then. He had to admit it was smart to think of it and wished he had thought of it himself but that would only make him be in bad place with Jeongyeon.

He didn't want that.

"It's a bad idea... I'll call her and tell her no." Jeongyeon got her phone and started messing with it. But Bobby stopped her taking her phone away.

"I didn't give you my answer." He kinked his eyebrow to her. "I don't mind going. Plus what a great way to spend time with you and have fun."

"Fun?" Jeongyeon gave him a serious look and crossed her arms.

"Oh.. wait.. that didn't come out right." Bobby rubbed the back of his neck. He quickly got nervous and should have picked better words to say. "I meant to have a great time with you while we have fun."

"It's a theme park." Jeongyeon blinked at him as a smile formed on her face.

"Even better." Bobby chuckled seeing her roll her eyes and raised the plastic bag to her. "And I thought we could watch a movie, eat some snacks and talk."

"We could still talk." Jeongyeon suggested getting the bag and started going up the steps to put the bag away. "It will take us a while to get to the theme park."

Bobby shook his head as he went inside her place. "It can wait. I rather have you alone."

"You sure?" Jeongyeon put the bag on the counter and pulled him out as they were going back down the steps after she locked it.

"I'm sure." Bobby reached to grab her hand and held it.

Jeongyeon shook her head but she couldn't help but laugh as her heart was jumping like crazy. He was doing sweet things with her and wondered if this was some way to help gain his trust. If it was, it was working and she didn't know how.

- - -

"OVER HERE!"

"NO HERE!"

"JUST PASS THE BALL!"

"STOP SHOUTING AT ME!"

Jeongyeon looked at her team player as she had the basketball. She told Jiwon she didn't want to play but they didn't want to have an even number of players. It was only two on each team. She was with Jiwon. Hanbin and Yunhyeong were together but she never got to throw it into the hoop. She let Jiwon do that.

She had done it a few times but she and the ball either went over the hoop or bounce off the rim. She was getting better with his help when others weren't around watching. She felt embarrassed when they did.

"PASS IT JEONGYEON!"

She heard Jiwon and passed it to him hoping he would get it. He did and faked a turn with Hanbin and ran to the hoop bouncing the ball and made it. He screamed with joy and he went to Jeongyeon putting his sweaty self on her. She made a face and pushed him away.

"Gosh you stink." She joked making the others laugh in the process.

"It's my awesome man scent." Jiwon went back to her and rubbed himself on her making her squeal trying to push him away.

They should just date already.

Can they be more obvious?

"GET OFF ME!" Jeongyeon kept trying to wiggle herself out from Jiwon's grip.

"I thought you liked it!" Jiwon chuckled rubbing his cheek next to her's as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He couldn't believe he was this close to her. He felt his heart pounding hard and fast and wished he could kiss her.

He wanted to do it badly now.

He just couldn't because his friends were around and they weren't pay attention to them or anything but he didn't want to ruin the fun he was having with her.

Jeongyeon smirked and learned a trick from Yunhyeong and nudged him and she heard a groan coming from him as he let her go and she winked at him. "Now, who wants to change players? I'm over being Jiwon's."

"Seriously?" He questioned getting up and looking over to his friends and glared. He didn't want them pairing up with her. Not because he was jealous but because, he liked having her as a team player, he did everything and liked the challenge and because he liked her.

"Me." Yunhyeong spoke up and smiled at Jiwon knowing he didn't get his way. "Hanbin can be with Jiwon and I'll take Jeongyeon."

"I object!" Jiwon stood up and grabbed the ball from him. "She stays with me."

"Says who?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter