Four

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cassandra Clare said, "Lies and secrets...are like cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leaves only destruction behind."

No one likes to be lied too.

Yet, the words slip out and it makes someone believe them and accept it. While the other is feeling guilty inside questioning why did they do it?

It's not easy to tell a lie but it when becomes a habit it's hard to stop and it only keeps going.

- - -

From afar, a young boy was staring at young girl as she was smiling brightly with her friends around her. She was laughing for a moment and then made a glare and started to chase one of her friends around shouting at him.

The people around her were laughing and enjoying their time with her. He felt his own heart breaking in the process. He looked away for a moment and thought back on all the lying he did. At first, it was for a good reason and he thought his reason would go away. But it didn't.

He had to keep lying through his teeth and soon the one person who was his close friend became a stranger to him.

He picked his head back up and saw her still trying to attack the person she was chasing. He felt the corner of his lips twitch upward and thought to go over there and make everything right. He wanted to tell her the truth and work through it.

But he never moved from his spot. He kept watching in a distance and it was going stay that way. He will always care for her and wish her the best.

"Jiwon let's get going!" A girl called out to him.

He heard her but he kept his eyes on the young girl. He just wanted one more look for the day. Her smile made his heart race and feel something nice inside him. Her hair was short in a pixie cut and couldn't believe what a change she went through. But it was perfect on her. She looked more cute and adorable.

"Jiwon?" The girl came to his side tugging on his arm. "What are you looking at?"

He turned to stare at her and shook his head. "Nothing. Let's go."

The girl smiled and pulled him away from his place.

- - -

It was a Saturday night and it was a nice evening. Jeongyeon had gotten a sudden surprise when Inseong brought over Juho for the night. She hadn't seen him for a while and she didn't want to let go of him from when he arrived. She managed to jump on his back and he only chuckled carrying her around the apartment.

Inseong made a comment for them to date, so he and Nayeon could do double dates but Juho snarled at him to shut it.

Juho had been crushing on Jeongyeon for a while but he was waiting for her to be ready. He didn't want to rush her on anything. He enjoyed her company and always cared for her. He had plenty of chances to confess but he always made up some excuse.

Nayeon was almost finishing up pouring the snacks into bowls and Inseong brought plenty of soju bottles for the night.

Nothing could be better than spending time with friends and having a good time. There were card games, board games and even playing games on the wii. It was just something Jeongyeon needed to get her mind off of everything.

A blast from the past.

Her sister.

The bottles of soju were laying around and it was even better since they were slurring their words and trying hard to stay awake.

Nayeon was already passing out on her boyfriends shoulder as he was trying to keep the conversation going with Juho.

Juho was sitting on the floor trying to keep his eyes opened but he was nodding off. He couldn't stay awake even if he wanted too.

Jeongyeon chuckled seeing how their tolerance for liquor was already at its limit. She couldn't believe it. They only had at least three and she was on her fifth. The old her would've been passed out on her bed ready with a trash bin next to her for when she would explode. But she managed to build hers and managed to drink more with lots of practice.

She pushed herself up and stumbled a bit going to the counter and found some water. She poured it and drank. There was no taste it of course but she saw her friends already out of it and decided to slip out. She wasn't going to go far, just for a small walk. Some fresh air was needed and it was best thing.

Thankfully, the air was cool, crisp and breezy.

She closed her eyes taking it all in as it cooled off some heat she was giving and kept walking. She had no idea where she was going but she wanted to stretch her legs and enjoy what she can before she returned home because she doubted someone would come for her since they were drunk.

Jeongyeon opened her eyes and saw nothing but darkness since it was night and heard quietness. She smiled and let out a sigh as she spun a few times making her lose her balance. She started to laugh before she looked up. "Seungyeon... I'm drunk and it feels nice."

It became a habit for Jeongyeon to look up at the night sky seeing some stars flicker and give a sad smile. She wanted to tell Seungyeon anything that she could and it was only at night. During the day it felt hard since people will hear her talk to herself. At night, she would be alone and she can say whatever she liked.

She raised her hands up trying to reach for the sky but the more she reached, she could touch it. She pouted for a moment and stopped putting her hands down. "It's not fair Seungyeon...its' not fair."

That's when the water was filling up her in her eyes. They were becoming layered over each other until she either blinked or let them slide down on their own. She checked her surroundings and saw a small park nearby. She took herself over there and sat on the bench to sit. She closed her eyes and let them out again.

She was tired of crying.

She wanted to stop.

She wanted to stop being sad.

She wanted the pain to go away.

It was hard. She couldn't stop thinking about her sister but then someone else has been coming into her mind and she doesn't want that either.

Why was this happening to her? Why now?

Jeongyeon cried putting herself in a fetus position. She pulled her legs up and hugged them to her chest. She wanted this to end and stop. The pain in was hard to swallow and to push down. Sometimes putting up a front is the best thing to do but it's also hard. She tells herself she is fine but knows in ways, she is lying.

She didn't want to be that way anymore.

- - -

When he couldn't think like he wanted, Bobby would go out for a late night walk to block out everything and calm his mind. But he never expected to witness something in front of him. He had seen someone talking to herself and laughing. He thought it was odd but when he looked closer, it was Jeongyeon.

He had followed her to a nearby park and watched her from afar and didn't understand what was going on. It bothered him and wished he knew. He would try to put the puzzle pieces together but what was there to put? He didn't know anything and hasn't been around her for years. He must have come into her life in a difficult time.

He looked down for a moment and heard her let out cry. He took a step forward and went to her sitting on the bench quietly letting her cry. He didn't want her to be alone and have some random guy pick her up.

He wanted to call out to her and ask what was wrong but it was best he let her cry until she finished. It was the only thing he could do. Maybe then she would tell him what's going on.

- - -

"How can you not be crushing on someone?" Jiwon asked as he was sitting on bench as they were waiting for the bus. They were going to meet Yunhyeong at the mall since he was going to some party with his parents. Somehow he couldn't pick out clothes for himself and needed a second opinion.

Jeongyeon shrugged and smiled. "I just don't."

Jiwon rolled his eyes and leaned back. "There has to be someone in mind."

The girl bit her bottom lip for a few seconds and shook her head. "Nope."

There is... but I don't want to ruin what we have.

"I rather focus on studies than be distracted by heartaches." Jeongyeon turned to him and stuck out her tongue.

Jiwon scoffed and turned seeing the bus coming. "Come on."

She saw the bus as well and stood up going with him to be in line. They each paid and to their luck, the bus was full and they each had to grab onto the rail. Jeongyeon bit her lip and felt a uncomfortable at the space. A few boys over were making some eye contact to her. Of course, Jiwon had been watching her and them and moved himself closer to her.

Jeongyeon felt someone closer to her and she automatically shut her eyes feeling anxious. She didn't want to be assaulted on the bus and then possibly no one would believe her. She then felt a hand on her waist when the bus did a turn.

"Relax, it's just me." Jiwon whispered into her ear. This time, Jiwon couldn't help himself. He saw those boys looking at Jeongyeon and didn't like it. He saw them get up and try to get closer but he gave them a glare and put both hands on her hips hovering over her and they stopped going back to their place to sit.

Jeongyeon snapped her eyes opened and turned to the side to face him. "Thanks."

"No problem, besides its crowded and you know how people's hands can be." He chuckled into her ear making her blush making her turn away.

She was glad he was with her in a situation like this. She didn't have to worry because he was always going to be there with her. Just thinking about it made her heart jump and set off butterflies in her stomach but she knew he possibly wouldn't like her the way she liked him.

When they got to their stop, Jiwon was the first to grab her hand and pull her off the bus before anyone else did. But of course, Jeongyeon had her moments when she became clumsy and tripped over herself. Jiwon caught her quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter