Twelve

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the fifteen minutes came around, Jeongyeon took Bobby to the back. It was a long booth that was glued into the wall and it was special since that's where all the waitresses and hostesses were able to take their breaks and have a small meal before going back.

Jeongyeon told one of the waiters to bring some water and then she put in their meals of something simple. Thankfully, her father knew she was on her break and he made some Ddeokbokki. Even though he owned a good place, he never failed to make some extra sides for others who didn't know what to order.

Sitting down after standing so much, Jeongyeon's feet were happy not to be standing and she looked over to Bobby as he sat across from her but he ended up moving to the other side and sat next to her placing his hand on top of hers that were on her lap. She smiled looking at his hand that were on hers but he flipped it over and interlaced them together.

"What happened with Juho?" She asked in a low whisper.

He sighed and rubbed her knuckles with his thumb. "He isn't too thrilled that you let me back into your life and he thinks I'm just using you for my own reason."

Jeongyeon sighed and placed her head on his shoulder. She moved it up and down getting comfortable making Bobby chuckle at her gesture. He turned his head and kissed the top of her head. A few people were watching them, mostly the workers but they never said anything else.

Bobby cleared his throat getting her attention and she groaned not wanting to move but she did anyways and turned to look at him. He smiled at her and tucked a small strand behind her ear. "Do you think he is right?"

Jeongyeon wasn't sure. She had been told the same thing by Juho before and Taeyang said the same. But he added to be careful. She wanted to trust Bobby more than anything and even if she gave in quickly, she couldn't help it. Her feelings got in the way and it got the best of her. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders to him. "Will you tell me the truth now?"

He noticed her searching for the answers from her eyes and he wanted nothing more than to do that with her. He didn't want to wait anymore but they were in an public area. He wanted to be alone with her and have it all sink in before she questions him.

"You're not going to tell me are you?" The sound of sadness came from her voice as she looked down.

He placed his index finger under her chin and used his thumb to hold her chin in between. He stared at her dark brown orbs and slowly leaned in for a chaste kiss taking in the moment. He pulled away and sighed. "I will, just not in public. I need us to be alone and talk."

Jeongyeon hummed and moved away to look at him. She gave him reassuring smile and something caught her eyes as she stared at the corner of his lip. It was a soft purple that looked like a bruise making her furrow her eyebrows. "What happened there?"

He didn't know what she was talking about until he saw her touch it, more like poke it and made him flinch. "Juho punched me there."

"What!" Jeongyeon cupped his face and moved his head back and forth looking for anything else.

He chuckled getting worried and only grabbed her wrists. "I'm fine Baby."

Jeongyeon looked up at him upon hearing the nickname making her heart jump with more flips than it could ever do and blinked at him.

Bobby closed his eyes with a sigh realizing the word he spoke out and only chuckled. "Sorry... I shouldn't have said that."

She didn't understand why he had to be sorry for, she actually liked it. "I don't mind...I mean we do need to talk about the kiss."

He nodded and opened his eyes staring at her. "I know, but we need to put that on hold."

"Why?" She wasn't understanding why he would say that. That kiss meant so much to her yet, did it possibly mean nothing to him? "Didn't you say you wanted us to be more than friends?"

Yes.

Bobby nodded as he sighed.

"Then?" She asked waiting for an explanation.

He looked over to her and cupped her cheek. "I want nothing more than to be with you. Boyfriend and girlfriend. Believe me I do... but."

"But?" She repeated the word.

"It all depends on you after you hear the truth. I can't have us together without you knowing the truth." He pulled her to him as their foreheads touched and he let out a sigh. He closed his eyes and Jeongyeon moved herself a bit to brush her lips around his.

The moment his breath touched her skin, she felt chill and wanted nothing more than to be with him and hold him. But if that meant she had to wait, than she would have to understand. "Alright, I'll wait."

Bobby looked at her and smiled. "I won't make you wait too long. I'll be telling you everything soon. I promise."

Jeongyeon smirked. "Making two promises already? Watch it now, you don't want to go breaking them."

He chuckled at her remark and pulled her into a hug as he placed himself into the crook of her neck and gave her light kisses. "Not when they are the same promises."

She giggled at what he was doing but she managed to push him away as she felt her phone ding a few times and knew her break was over. "I have to get back to work."

He nodded and slid out of the booth before standing and held out his hand to her. She gladly took it and he walked her back to her post. "I'll see you later."

"You're not coming to pick me up?" She asked looking a bit hurt with a pout.

He cupped her face again and pulled her to kiss her forehead. He looked back at her and smiled. "I knew you would end up missing me."

I do...so much.

"I got an email from work and I can't ignore it. I go back tomorrow." He sighed and let go of her face and grabbed her hands and kissed them. "I'll pick you up tomorrow after work. How's that sound?"

She nodded still pouting but sighed in agreeing.

He chuckled seeing her act cute and wished he could pick her up tonight, but he couldn't. He had been gone from work for two weeks and he needed to get back to his routine again. "I'll call you later ok?"

Jeongyeon nodded and they each let go of each other but Bobby still managed to look back one last time before he was gone for good. Jeongyeon was a bit hurt knowing he wouldn't come by later to pick her up and walk her back. She had adjusted to him being around and now it was going to be a bit hard. They both work and will have different schedules'. How will it work out once they were dating?

She sighed shaking her head and started to focus on her work as Taeyang took his break and went to have a small snack.

- - -

The kiss meant everything to him.

He wanted to do it again and again and again.

He wanted to get closer to her.

Bobby sighed as he was wide awake after telling Jeongyeon sweet dreams. He had his hands behind his head that were prompted on the pillow as he let out sigh looking above him. He had a smile plastered on his face like a boy having a crush for the first time.

He couldn't believe so much has happened in just two weeks and soon it was going to be official. Jeongyeon was going to be his and he didn't care what her friends think. He was doing something for himself by making it right with Jeongyeon.

The only thing he was worried about is when he told her truth about everything. It was all because of his feelings getting the best of him and instead of hiding them away and acting like a jerk, he could have just been honest and...

He shut his eyes and felt frustrated with himself.

It wasn't going to go away until he told Jeongyeon the truth and if she forgave him. The kiss wasn't supposed to happen but he wanted to kiss her. He had plenty of chances but he wanted to wait but this time he didn't. He did what he wanted tonight and didn't regret it.

Patience and time is everything to building a trust with someone but, he wanted to make it go faster. So he kissed her and so far everything is going good.

He didn't want to keep anything from her anymore. It was time to being a new chapter of his life and it was going to be with her.

Bobby was starting to feel sleepy but before he rolled over to his side, he grabbed his phone and changed the name for Jeongyeon and smiled seeing it.

Baby.

- - -

She didn't like being defeated.

She thought of a plan and it was too simple.

She was standing in front of the door as she had knocked a few times and when the door opened she saw the person on the other side with his messy bed hair and he smiled letting her in.

She gave him a smile as well that always made everyone believe she wasn't up to anything. She always got what she wanted.

- - -

As much as Jeongyeon fought with herself, she hated admitting to herself that she missed Bobby. How was that possible? It had only been two weeks of having him be annoying and around her but he always made her laugh and have fun.

It was driving her crazy.

She wanted to know what he was doing.

She wanted to know if he had eaten.

She wanted to know when they would talk about them.

She wanted to be more with him just as much as he did.

But she had to wait.

She has waited for the longest time. Ever since middle school and now somehow, even though she didn't believe in fate. It was giving them a second chance. It was unbelievable but it was happening.

Jeongyeon had to put herself on the line again to trust him even if he hurt her before. But once those feelings started to stir up inside her, she knew it was over and she was able to go ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter