Thirteen

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their lips were like magnets.

Always going back to each other and enjoying every second of every kiss.

They were still on the floor not caring to move to another comfortable place. They were together and the truth was out. Nothing really mattered after that. Jeongyeon had stopped crying and Bobby was glad he felt most of the weight on his shoulders had been lifted. He sighed as he leaned back from releasing her lips with a smack smiling at her.

Jeongyeon her bottom lip and they each had pink puffed lips from every kiss. It was gentle at first and it turned into a passionate kiss and Bobby had to tone it down a bit. He couldn't help but feel happy. It was all he wanted and more with her.

"I should get up huh?" She questioned as she looked at him shy.

He chuckled. "I'm not complaining but...there are some things I need to tell you."

She nodded and moved herself off and got to her feet and held out her hands to him. He grabbed them pulling himself up and they both laughed as they both went for another kiss. It almost felt prefect every time.

There was no such thing as perfect. They were a few hidden secrets and he wasn't sure how she was going to react to them. He let go of her hand and went to grab his sweater that he gave her so she could put it on. "Come with me to my place."

Jeongyeon blinked at him nervously at first but she nodded and put on the sweater. It was still oversized but she liked it. It was like wearing a snuggie just for her. She grabbed her bag with her things and smiled at him. "Ready."

He smiled taking her hand and kissed her forehead. "We need a change of scenery to relax and talk. Plus, I think you'll love my place, you'll want to move in."

Jeongyeon stepped out of her door and locked it scoffing. "Don't push the issue on the first day."

"Oh? I don't think I'll have too." Bobby pulled her to him making her place her hands on his shoulders making her laugh. He loved hearing it. He loved her. "I love you... so much."

She smiled at him and leaned for a chaste kiss. "I love you too."

- - -

Jeongyeon couldn't believe his place was close to her work and close to his. She glared at him and pushed him away making him chuckle as they were going through his door. He smirked knowing he was right and all she had to do was the say the word and he would help her pack. She said nothing but the moment she looked around his place she was in awe.

She saw the table in front of the kitchen as it was up against the wall and open space between the table. She saw a few solo chairs with a coffee table in the middle and further down, she saw the living room with sofas.

"I need to make a call. I'll be right back." Bobby kissed her cheek and went to the bedroom as it was open and next to the living room. He went into another door which she assumed was the bathroom.

She was surprised that her place was nothing compared to his. Also knowing her job was only ten minutes away from his, as to her place was at least twenty. She let out a sigh of defeat and started thinking maybe moving in would be an option.

But wouldn't it be too fast to move in?

We just started as a couple..

But we've known each other for years.

Jeongyeon closed her eyes as she turned to look at the stacks of papers on the coffee table spread out and music notes all over the place with scribble. Just when she was about to pick up a paper, she gasped at the touch of Bobby holding her from behind and turning around.

"Nope, not today." He chuckled heading to the bedroom.

"What do you mean? Were those lyrics to a song or something?" She asked as he plopped them down to his bed and made him comfortable as he held her from behind but he sighed and moved her around to face him.

"Yeah and some are just not ready." He cupped her face and pulled her to him like before when they shared a kiss. "I come up with something and then it goes away and some aren't that great."

"Coming from a producers assistant?" Jeongyeon joked to him putting her hands on his chest slowly moving up around his neck but before they got more comfortable, she moved herself to sit up and stared at him with a questioning look. "How did you know Nayeon had a key to my place?"

Bobby blinked at her question and wished she was laying down instead of sitting. "It was a lucky guess."

She glared not believing him. "Really?"

He knew there was no way out of it so he pushed himself to sit on his bed just like her and sighed. "I called her the moment I left here to go to you."

- - -

Nayeon yawned into the phone as Inseong was pulling her closing to him. She sighed into his touched forgetting Bobby was on the line.

"NAYEON PLEASE!"

She quickly opened her eyes and sat up in bed. Her heart was racing fast and heard him panting. "What happened?"

"I'll explain later but do you have the key to Jeongyeon's place? She probably won't let me in and I need to speak to her!" The sound of a horn was heard making her feel anxious but she got out of bed leaving Inseong half asleep.

"What did you do?" Nayeon got a few things and started to change quickly putting Bobby on speaker.

"Trust me Nayeon, I can't lose Jeongyeon again.. not like this! Do you have a key or not?" He was breathing hard running as every second counted.

"Yes. I'll meet you there." Nayeon ended the call and saw Inseong with his messy hair and wondered what was going on and who was talking about Jeongyeon. "Inseong, I'll explain later and trust me on this ok? I need to go."

Before he could respond, Nayeon left the apartment and started running to Jeongyeon's place. She didn't know how fast she was running since she got there before Bobby. She closed her eyes letting the air back into her lungs. She leaned forward and breathed in and out slowly.

"Nayeon!"

She heard her name and saw Bobby out of breath just like her. She stood up straight and held the key to him. They went up the stairs and stopped at Jeongyeon's door. "Don't screw this up."

"I won't. This wasn't me this time. I'm telling her everything." He heard the click of the door and it opened. He smiled and looked over to Nayeon. "Thanks. I owe you."

Nayeon nodded and closed the door after letting him in and slide down against the wall taking a chance to catch her breath. The moment, she did, she heard nothing but Jeongyeon screaming and it surprised her at first but Nayeon knew she was in good hands.

I must get out of here before Jeongyeon bites my head off.

- - -

"Traitor." Jeongyeon frowned and then averted her eyes to Bobby as he chuckled. She pushed him and he chuckled more seeing her react silly.

"She isn't a traitor." He scooted over to her and cupped her face. "She is good friend and if it wasn't for me... you two wouldn't have met."

Jeongyeon snapped her eyes back to him and felt confused. "What are you talking about?"

Bobby gave her a smile and her cheek. "Remember when I said that, there would be some secrets that I need to tell you and we would get to them?"

Jeongyeon nodded remembering he said that.

He sighed. "Nayeon is one of them."

What does that mean though?

How?

"If you're going to be mad at anyone, it will be me. Despite all the bad things I did to you. I did some good too. You just didn't know." His smile slowly faded as he looked down at her hands and let go of her face. "That day when I ignored you because I was talking to those girls, I sent Nayeon to the restroom to check up on you."

"What?" Jeongyeon shook her head not believing it. "That's impossible."

"It is." Bobby looked up at her. "She was in my class along with Dawon. At the time, you weren't talking to Dawon yet but I asked Nayeon to check up on you without telling you. You needed a girl-friend and she would be a perfect fit for you. I was hurting just as much as you... maybe more."

He sighed looking away from her and got off the bed. He walked over to her and sat at the edge, as her back was facing him.

"For a few weeks, I had Nayeon spy on you for me." Bobby looked at the corner of his eyes and didn't see Jeongyeon facing him. He didn't stop confessing what he made Nayeon do for him. "I wanted to know how you were doing, I would watch from afar. I saw you smiling happy and brightly. You were chasing that one person in your class and Nayeon was at your side watching you for me."

Jeongyeon slowly moved in her place and couldn't believe what she as hearing. Nayeon had been her close friend and she never thought about how they became friends. She just always thought they met in the ladies room and she cheered her up. "Why would you do that?"

Bobby glanced over his shoulder. "How could I not? I lied and I was worried about you. I knew that I couldn't be forgiven. I wanted someone to give me updates on how you were doing and make you forget everything I did so you can move on."

He sighed looking away and leaned his elbows on his thighs.

"One day, Nayeon and I met at a park where she would tell me how you were really doing." He chuckled remembering the memory, taking in the moment.

"What did she say?" Jeongyeon felt nervous as she scooted closer wanting to know.

"She said, she didn't want to spy for me anymore. She enjoys being your friend and didn't want to lie anymore. She felt horrible and I felt bad bringing her into the mess I created. I agreed to stop and let her be a true friend to you." Bobby sighed again and turned over to her. "I just wanted to know how you were doing. I was worried and...she was helping me. But she didn't feel comfortable anymore. I understood and that was the last time I spoke to her."

Jeongyeon leaned in and wrapped her arms around his neck for a hug and closed her eyes. "Thank you."

Bobby was confused for a second but he chuckled and held her in his arms. He smirked getting an idea she might not like but he did it anyways. He lifted her up a bit from her waist and pulled her to him as he got her to straddle him. She gasped but when she pulled back to see what he did, she only blushed and hugged him more.

"You sent me an Angelic person to me and she is the best friend I could have." Jeongyeon pulled away and looked at him as he smiled looking back at her.

"Nayeon is a good person, don't doubt that. She cares about you so much. I was the one who planned it and she wanted out. If your angry..."

Jeongyeon cut him off pressing her lips on him leaning forward making his head go upward as she on his lips before pulling back. "I'm not angry. You still cared about me."

Bobby chuckled loving her even more. "I've always cared about you. It's just all the stupid lies I did by pushing you away and hurting you. It wasn't easy for me. I... hated it. Even that day when you slapped me in the hallway and I called off our friendship."

I remember that day...

It wasn't something she liked to remember but everything he did was for her despite them hurting each other.

"I wanted nothing more than to go back to you and apologize for everything and make you mine." He whispered closing his eyes and cupped one side of her face. "It's always been you Jeongyeon... no one else."

Jeongyeon leaned her head touching his and closed her eyes. "I wish you could have been honest with me from the beginning."

"I wanted too... but I was worried about our friendship so I pushed you away, I lied and had to be cold." He sighed and brushed his lips around hers feeling an intense sensati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter