Six

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day off for Bobby and he was supposed to go and meet Yunhyeong and Hanbin at some place to catch up. But Bobby mentioned them to come over to his apartment and they could bring food along with drinks.

After all, Bobby lived in a spacious loft and it was big enough for a party which he never had. He enjoyed his space and papers were usually all over the place. Sometimes, Bobby would forget where he left a certain paper and he had to create more of a mess.

Even for his clothes, he sometimes left it on the floor until he is down to his last clothes and he has to gather everything to wash. It's happened a few times and he had to call into work because he had nothing.

The boys arrived at the same time and Yunhyeong got started on cooking since he got some meat from his families' restaurant and Hanbin popped opened the beer bottles and started drinking. Yunhyeong could only take a few sips since he was cooking.

Hanbin almost burned the veggies that were cooking on the grill and Bobby couldn't help how he had the easy job. He shook his head and went to Yunhyeong taking a sip of his drink and grabbed a piece of meat putting it in his mouth.

"Heeeeey!" Yunhyeong raised his the tongs up in the air pretending to hit him. "Don't spoil your appetite!"

Bobby chuckled and heard a knock on his door. He moved away from his friend and smiled. "I hope you don't mind, I invited Matthew."

The boys shook their heads and saw him walk in with a bag of more drinks and junk food. "I wasn't sure what to bring."

Bobby smiled taking the bag putting it on the counter. "We can have it for later. Thanks."

Hanbin got the veggies and put them on the table along with a few other things. Yunhyeong was finishing up and Bobby went to get a drink for Matthew. The older one thanked him and took a sip."It hits the spot from a long week of work."

"Tell me about it." Bobby chuckled hearing him.

"No talking about work!" Yunhyeong turned around and brought the tray of meat to the table. "We agreed nothing related to work today. This is a stress free day."

Bobby and Hanbin exchanged looks together staying quiet.

"How is it stress free when you're probably the one making them stressed?" Matthew commented to him as he took another sip.

"How could I be doing that?" Yunhyeong glared at him.

"By bossing us around." Hanbin sat down at the table along with Bobby.

"I am not!" Yunhyeong shouted at them and soon grabbed his drink and started to chug it.

"Oh great..." Bobby stared at him and shook his head. "He'll pass out before he finishes eating."

Hanbin and Matthew snorted from his comment and started getting some food on their plate. They started joking amongst each other, enjoying their company and how life had changed from the three friends.

Matthew had met his friends a while back when they were internships and they were glad they hit it off and were comfortable around each other. He didn't mind passing up a night out with his friends.

"How's Taehyung?" Bobby asked looking at Matthew as he chewed on his food. He was getting full already and the drink was making that happen too.

Matthew nodded to him. "He is good, he wants to transfer with us, but he doesn't want to leave just yet."

"Girlfriend?" Bobby answered him.

Matthew gave him a smile. "Yeah but he says yes, but then says no."

Kim Taehyung, was one of Matthew's closest friend and they only spilt up after college. They are both into music and went after the same path. But Taehyung got picked into another company down south that was barely growing at the time and now it's in Japan making lots of profits. He enjoys his work over there.

"He is loves her and is happy. His decisions of wanting to come back gets him frustrated. But, clearly he wants to stay there longer." Matthew opened up another bottle, which was now his third one. He shrugged and leaned back on his chair.

Bobby nodded and leaned back as well and saw Hanbin quiet now and thought maybe the alcohol was getting to him and he was ready to pass out. He only had two drinks. Yunhyeong was on his third as well and he was still talking but more like slurring.

"I saw Jeongyeon the other day." Bobby let the words slip out from his mouth.

Hanbin and Yunhyeong snapped their heads up to each other and Hanbin turned to look at his friend. "When was this?"

Bobby took a sip and thought about it. "Last week and a few days ago. It was three times."

"How did she look?" Yunhyeong asked wanting to know more. It had been a while since they spoken and seen her. They were all friends once until Bobby decided to ruin it on his own making it awkward around the them.

"She looked good but she wasn't happy to see me." Bobby sighed standing up getting another bottle. "I saw her crying a few times and I don't know... she looked angry and --"

"Can you blame her?" Yunhyeong cut him off. "You were the one who didn't want to be friends with her anymore."

"He had a reason." Matthew defended Bobby taking a sip. "Did you ever tell them?"

Bobby shook his head and went back to his place. "I didn't... I didn't know how too."

Hanbin and Yunhyeong were still looking at each other as it was quiet around the table. Yunhyeong used his eyes to direct Hanbin to tell Bobby something, but Hanbin shook his head until Matthew caught the silence and leaned forward looking at the two young friends.

"Why do I get the feeling you both know something we don't?" He asked looking at them still and did a quick look to Bobby.

He moved forward as well leaning on the table and stared at his friends. "What do you guys know?"

Hanbin shook his head and looked down at his plate. "Nothing."

Yunhyeong rolled his eyes and moved his leg under the table making Hanbin jolt from his place.

"Ow! What the hell!" Hanbin glared at him rubbing his leg.

"Tell him." Yunhyeong leaned back in his place and crossed his arm. "He needs to know."

Hanbin stayed quiet looking at his friend quietly. He wanted to tell Bobby but not just yet. He didn't know when would be a good time but hearing that he bumped into Jeongyeon, there was no point in waiting longer. He sighed closing his eyes and then opened them. "I saw her a few days back."

Bobby choked on his drink and patted his chest as it went down the wrong pipe. "When? How? What happened? "

Hanbin averted his eyes to Bobby and gave a sad look on his face. "There is something you need to know about Jeongyeon."

Bobby blinked his eyes for a moment and then averted his eyes to Matthew. They stayed quiet and he nodded to him. Bobby looked back at Hanbin and nodded staying quiet.

I need to know.

- - -

Jeongyeon had been smiling at the cute dog on her lap as he curled himself in a ball and was now falling asleep. "He is so cute."

Hanbin smiled after he took a sip of his second drink and saw Jeongyeon looking down at his dog. "Yeah, he can be silly and funny."

"That explains his name." Jeongyeon looked up at him and he nodded at her.

"So what's new with you? I already told you about me." Hanbin took another sip and placed it down as he chewed on his snack.

They had arrived at a corner store and Hanbin got a few bottles to drink. Jeongyeon finished hers quickly and started on her snacks. She then opened the second bottle making Hanbin to go get more and more snacks. She asked him questions on what was he doing, did he have a girlfriend and if he is happy with his life.

Hanbin smiled hearing all her questions and couldn't help but chuckle. He was working as an assistant at a company with music but he was still learning. He had to take a break after his internship because his mom got sick and he had to play a big role in taking care of her and his sister. He didn't mind though. He was seeing someone and he was happy with her.

He was dating a Japanese girl by the name of Myoui Mina. He told her she is quiet and shy person but he enjoys his time with her and always makes her laugh.

Jeongyeon enjoyed hearing everything and wished she could get better for her sake and knew it will take time. She was working on herself and it was progress. She sighed and hummed. "Well, I work as a hostess with my cousin and friend at my father's restaurant. I'm not seeing anyone at the moment. I just have a lot of friends thanks for Juho."

"Baek Juho? Your desk buddy?" Hanbin was surprised to hear that name but he knew someone wouldn't like to know about them still knowing each other. He stayed quiet as he saw her smile at him and soon it faded in a fine line.

"It's be hard this past month..." She looked down at Obang and started to his short hair. "My oldest sister Seungyeon passed away and its... been really hard but I'm adjusting and so if you see me crying out of nowhere or spacing don't take it personally."

Hanbin couldn't believe the words that left . He remembered her sister, they were always together in school once she stopped hanging out with Bobby. But her sister graduated and she didn't hang around her other sister. They were different. She was more quiet and Jeongyeon was more outgoing and fun.

He felt his throat tighten and felt the air becoming uncomfortable as he looked down at Obang as he was closing his eyes slowly and soon they shut. Hanbin let out sigh and saw Jeongyeon as she finished up her drink. He was amazed at her tolerance and saw her smiling.

"It's good." She laughed and soon let out a hiccup that was cute.

"I'm sorry about your sister." He told her and reached over to hold her hand for comfort. "How did she... unless you don't want to tell me."

Jeongyeon shook her head too quickly making her laugh. "Car accident. The person was looking at their phone and she was crossing the street."

"She got hit?" Hanbin was horrified by the remark and couldn't believe it. The person had to be going fast in order for that to happen. He sighed and saw Jeongyeon crying. He felt bad bringing it up. He got up going inside and went to get some tissues for her.

After paying he saw her looking at Obang and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter