One

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was never going to be the same.

How can someone adjust to a change to their life when its breaking inside?

How can others keep going on in their life?

How does one adjust to going to sleep and waking up to start a new day?

For Jeongyeon, it was nothing but darkness.

The sound of the TV on and male voices were in the other room talking amongst themselves. They had been in the living room for a few days keeping an eye out on Jeongyeon. They didn't want her to lose herself into doing something bad.

It had been a few days since the change in her life happened and she did not once stepped out of her room. Jeongyeon heard a bit of laughter and that only made tears swell up in her eyes.

How can someone be laughing right now?

She closed her eyes and let the tears slide down. One was tickling her as it slid down the bridge of her nose going to the other side of her eye. It was not a good day.

It hasn't been a good day since that day.

The day her life broke into tiny pieces.

- - -

Jeongyeon ran quickly to the hospital after she got a call from her mother. She was at her apartment waiting for her sister to come over so they could marathon on some movies. It was going to be another day hanging out with her sister.

But when she got the call, she left in a rush as her heart was shaking with anxiousness.

She didn't stop running.

Along the way, a few boys that where her friends saw her running quickly and they decided to follow her. They had called out to her a couple of times but she never once turned back.

The words were replaying in her mind. It was something she couldn't shake off.

"Seungyeon has been in accident!" Her mother cut her off and told the young girl to come over.

Jeongyeon felt the burning sensation inside her lungs as she kept going. Her legs and feet were aching in the process. Deep breaths were making it harder on her. Every time she breathed in, she was slowing down her pace but she still kept going.

When she saw the tall building, she ran across some cars making them honk at her and she passed the sliding doors going to the front. She followed the directions given and heard her name again. She turned seeing a few friends but she didn't have to wait.

She went up five flights of stairs taking two at a time not wanting to take the elevator. By the time she reached the top, she was ready to pass out. It was a good work out as she was out of breath.

Jeongyeon finally found her mother and saw her in the arms of her husband as she sobbed. She panted looking at them but they didn't say a word.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor said to them looking down and walked away with the nurses.

Wh-What?

Loss?

That's when she felt her heart going up and she could feel herself shaking. The sound of footsteps echoed down the hall. Her friends were out of breath as well as one leaned against the wall for support, the other leaned on his friend as he had his hands on his knees.

"Where is...Seungyeon?" Jeongyeon managed to get the words to crawl out of . She continued to shake in her place and she didn't want to believe what the doctor said. She couldn't.

She looked at her parents still sobbing but no one said anything.

It wasn't true.

Her father looked up at her with heartbroken eyes and didn't know how to accept the change. He blinked away his tears a few times and looked over to the three boys that were waiting for an answer as well. He couldn't smile at them but he was thankful they were there for her.

Jeongyeon looked at the frosted clear doors on her right and started to bang on them. She wanted to know her answer. Her parents never gave it to her. So many emotions were rushing through her.

Anger.

Anxiousness.

Worry.

Sadness.

The more she banged on them the more it wobbled making her friends look at each other but one with sharp and intense eyes went to her grabbing her by the wrist to stop. She pushed him off but he only did it again until the door opened.

When it did, someone on a hospital stretcher was laid out with a white sheet covering their body, head to toe. The nurses had looked at the family sitting there and said nothing. One looked over to the younger girl. "Sorry for your loss."

"Wh-what?" Jeongyeon felt her voice crack as she looked at the sheet. She shook her head and looked over to her parents. Her mother stopped crying for a moment and her father stood up. His hand shook as he reached out for the sheet. He pulled it over and Jeongyeon's eyes widen as she saw the person laying there not breathing. "Oh my god..."

She stumbled back but the boy next to her caught her in his arms and held her. He saw it too and looked at his friend. They exchanged looks with each other and put their heads down.

"N-n-no.. this has to be a m-m-mistake!" Jeongyeon shook her head constantly and looked up at the nurses with tears in her eyes. "Where is my sister!"

The nurses only looked down as the older man put the sheet down letting them take the body to the other room.

"N-NO!" Jeongyeon cried out to them as they were leaving her and her parents. Her mother went back to crying in her husband's arms.

Jeongyeon wiggled out of her friends grip but the more she walked over to the following the nurses, she started to let out sobs that was breaking her heart with every step as it made her heart pound with pain every second. She closed her eyes and fell to her knees.

Her friends went to her to comfort but she only cried and tears came out. She fisted her hand and pounded on her chest. All the pain was coming from her lungs. Not being able to breathe properly. Images flashed in her mind seeing her sister with her eyes closed.

"Se-seung..ye-yeon!" She called out, pounding her chest trying to avoid the pain as it grew more and more inside. It was taking up everything she had. The love for her sister, the trust they had, the spot of her being her best friend. "SE-SEUNGYEON!"

All the pain wasn't going to go away and Jeongyeon knew that her life wasn't going to be the same.

- - -

A soft knock was heard on Jeongyeon's door as she was laying in her bed. She was in a fetus position for a while until she wanted to stretch out her legs. She hadn't slept for days nor eaten since the accident. Tomorrow was going to be the wake and she would have to be strong and awake for her parents but they weren't talking to her.

They hadn't since the accident.

Jeongyeon isolated herself from them and tired too with her friends but they were stubborn not to leave her alone. She blinked her eyes as more tears came down as she tried to avoid everything that was happening.

Life is never excepted to come out they way people plan it.

The life of a person is unwritten and someone else decides how life is written. Somehow, that meant for Seungyeon and it was unfair. A typical car accident, driver was drunk and hit an innocent person.

Another knock was heard coming from the door but this time it opened and in came two people.

One let out a sigh and had his hands on his hips. "You need to get up and get some air."

"Leave her alone, she needs to eat." The other person with the female voice spoke. "She hasn't eaten in days."

"Who could eat with what happened?" A deep voice was watching the girl and boy as he leaned against the door frame. "Leave her alone."

"No! It's been three days and tomorrow is the wake and she needs to be rested." The boy with his hands on his hips went to the girl under the sheets. "Look, she not even asleep. Get up Jeongyeon."

"Leave her alone Rowoon. I mean it." The deep voice looked over to him glaring.

Rowoon felt his eye twitch and smirked. "Just because you have feelings for her doesn't mean you have an effect on me. Besides, if you keep babying her she will never get up and move around."

Juho opened his mouth to say something but he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Inseong shaking his head. "Enough both of you. Nayeon, give her some food everyone else out."

Rowoon rolled his eyes and walked out brushing Juho's shoulder making him stumble back. He shot him a glare and badly wanted to tell him off. But he didn't for the sake of Inseong and mostly Jeongyeon. He turned back to look at the girl with the copper color hair and she met eyes with him as she slowly pushed her tired body from the bed.

He felt his heart hurting for her for what she has been through. She cried all night when he was with her at the hospital. Every time she hit her chest with her fist, he wanted her to stop but it was the only thing making her feel like it was real pain.

Inseong and Youngbin were with him that night as well. It was a change they didn't expect but they were there with her.

"Let's go Juho." Inseong spoke to him and pulled him back to leave the room shutting door.

- - -

"Open." Nayeon asked sweetly to her. She smiled at her friend that was in nothing but dazed. Jeongyeon opened slowly and ate some warm porridge. It had been difficult to get Jeongyeon to eat but when Nayeon came by it got easier. Normally, Rowoon has a fit trying to get her to eat but Nayeon had the magic touch.

No one usually eats when they lose a loved one.

How can they?

It's like the whole world around you stops and its unbearable to think someone from your life is gone. How can someone think about food?

"Open again." Nayeon looked at her friend as she picked up the spoon and waited for Jeongyeon to open . She was like a patient at a health center being told what to do and being obedient.

Nayeon sighed looking at the bowl seeing how it was half way gone. She smiled at how much progress she has eaten. When she picked up another spoonful, Jeongyeon shook her head closing her eyes. "No more."

She opened her eyes and saw Nayeon holding up the spoon. "Just one more."

Jeongyeon opened and took the spoonful. She slowly chewed on it and tears filled her eyes. Nayeon saw her and quickly went to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter