Power of true mate

Torn Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Kai was silent for a long moment before he spoke "mom, I am truly falling for Sehun, I really am. But I don't think I can do this to Jongin, and I don't think he'll love me back not to talk of choosing me over Jongin" "That's not for you to decide, I will make sure you mate with him son" came his father's voice. "Dad" Kai said watching as his father step closer clad in his elegant office suit. "You're mating with Sehun in less than three months" Mr kim added. "Dad no– I don't want that. I mean I want Sehun for sure but I don't want to force him into this. I don't want to hurt Jongin." "You don't get to decide on anything from now onwards, you've found your true mate and you'll mate with him whether his your brother's boyfriend or husband, the Gods must be served." "Dad please don't do this, I want them to be happy. And if they both find happiness in each other then so be it." "Kai I understand you're altruistic and want the best for your brother but this is not something you can decide whether or not to do,  no matter how much you hate to hurt Jongin you can't avoid it. There is nothing you can do to stop anything, Sehun is your true mate. And you will mate with him. My decision is final." "Dad i–" "Kai you and Jongin are both my sons and I will always want the best for both of you, unless you want to lose your omega" Kai looked at his father confused "what do mean lose him?" "He'll die Kai, if another Alpha mate with him after knowing about your existence, that's the rule of mother nature not mine." Kai's eyes widen "die?" He hushed out. Mr Kim nodded ."He'll die, it has happened before to my very close friend, he was an omega but he died refusing to mate with his true mate insisting on mating with me, and do you know what happened to his Alpha? He died as well, he couldn't handle the death of his omega, he felt hollow and lifeless inside and that's how he ended his own life because the pain was too much to bear. If you think I am making this up, you can ask your mother she's a witness to what had happened" Mr kim said pointing at his wife who nodded instantly. "Oh my God!" Kai gasped placing a hand over his mouth. "I don't want that to happen to my own children, and if Jongin insisted on mating with him he will be affected as well, because you can't temper with the balance of nature even though he's a son of nature himself." Mr kim paused rubbing his temple "I don't know what will happen to him exactly but I read somewhere if he's a high born Alpha with super ability he will lose his powers for good, he'll lose his ability to age slowly, his healing powers and all. I don't know Kai, do you think Jongin can live the rest of his life as wolf without those things or his boyfriend? No matter how much he loves Sehun, he loves his abilities as well because he's supposed to love them as wolf and can't live without them, so Kai, now you tell me, do you want your omega and brother to suffer such cruel fate?" Kai shook his head with 'No' "And I want you to be happy you're my eldest son, my pride. I want you to have the best of life." his father patted his shoulder with a small smile. "He's right son, you should mate with Sehun. You should marry him." his mother encouraged Kai sighed "okay but–" His father waved a dismissive hand. "No more buts, I will call Mr Oh so we could discuss and arrange the wedding– and yes since you're not yet mated his heat will come earlier than usual, he needs his Alpha's knot for it to fully subside." Kai felt his cheeks heating up, he felt so embarrassed with his father telling him stuff like that and his parents seemed to notice. "Don't feel embarrassed about stuff like this, you're a wolf and an alpha, it's only natural for you to know those things, it is part of who you are." his father said and his mother nodded agreeing with her husband. Kai took few steps and wrapped his arms around his father's body "thank you dad."  "You're welcome son, but don't thank me so soon, I have a lot to do just yet." he said hugging his son back .
*****
Unable to drive longer, Jongin parked his Lamborghini Diablo iii at the side of the road few miles away from Sehun's house, he buried his face in his hands, with a loud sigh. He's a bit relieved to know that Kai didn't go all the way with Sehun, but still he couldn't help the feeling of being betrayed by his brother and his boyfriend. Why Kai? Why not him? Why did Kai have to be Sehun's true mate?–  *Jongin!* he heard his name. Jongin snapped his head up and looked around searching for the source but didn't find anyone. He must be going crazy he thought to himself.
*Jongin are you listening?* He abruptly opened the door and stepped out of his car as his eyes kept looking for the source, he narrowed his eyes and scanned his surroundings with his super vision but again didn't see anyone.  What the . he cursed inwardly. *Language Jongin* "Haha," he laughed hysterically "I must be going crazy" he mumbled to himself. *Listen I know you're confuse and probably thinking you're going crazy but you're not,  and if you want to communicate with me, you should do it inside your mind otherwise I won't be able to hear you* the voice told him. What are you ? *Wrong question, I was hoping for a 'who are you'*  Hell, how are you even talking to me in my head? Jongin asked *Use your logical thinking, how do you think?*  Look I don't understand anything right now, heck I am not in the right state of mind to think logical. *I understand, but stop indulging yourself with heartaches and go home, get some rest*  What? How did you know I am not at home right now?. he asked looking around once again. *Because I can sense you*  Who are you?
There was a long silence as the voice didn't respond, and Jongin was thinking the person had hung up the telepathic phone on him, but he decided to be sure.  hello, are you there? He asked.  *Yes, yes I am here* He let out breath. Answer my question please! *Because I am your mate, your true mate Jongin*  What?. Jongin felt his breath coming out in shallowly. He can't believe this was happening. *You heard me*  Who– I – you I mean who are you? *I wish I can laugh right now, but I am somewhere close to you*  How do I find you? *Oh, you wouldn't want that trust me*  And why? *Trust me, you'll be safer without knowing who I am, like that you'll be able to mate with someone that you love if you don't know about my existence –*  But i do now, I know you exist *True, but every wolf have his or her true mate, some are lucky to meet them while some are not and they ended up mating someone else, and you see, no matter how hard you try to find me, you won't be able to, because I have the ability to block you, my scent won't affect you either– at least not until i want it to. The only thing I can't I avoid is if we make skin contact, but luckily for us both, you don't even know me for you to touch me, am I right?* Jongin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. 
 Why are you talking to me then? Why do you decide to let me know of your existence? Just why? Why today? *Because today was the first day I met you myself, and I just found out as well*  Today? Where? *Where will the fun be if I tell you huh?*  Are you trying to mess with me omega?Jongin was getting irritated, he wasn't sure if his so called mate was an omega but his gut told whoever this person was should be an Omega. *no, no Alpha I will never do that, I am only trying to protect you, I know you love someone else, I felt your heartache, I know you feel betrayed but trust me neither your boyfriend nor your brother betrayed you*  How did you even know that? *It's part of my abilities, I am not bragging but my ability is very special, I can know things when I want to know them, especially things that concern those I care about*  You care about me *I do alpha* Jongin couldn't describe this feeling of pride and contentment in his heart when his mysterious omega addressed him as alpha.  But you don't even know me to care about me *It is natural to care about you the moment I learned about you, I felt it and I don't think you will understand just yet or probably never will, but I care a lot about you* Jongin's heart sank a little at the other's words.
 Can I meet you someday? *You've already met me Alpha, but you just didn't know I was the one* Jongin closed his eyes trying to remember the people he had met today, he's been to collage, to Kris' house and to Sehun's house but none of it made sense. *Stop stressing yourself, I told you'll never be able to find me, unless I want you to*  I will find you omega,i surely will *For what good? What good will it do you?*  I don't know, I just feel the urge to find you *No– don't bother, goodbye Jongin*  No wait, please hold on I have something I want– *Goodbye * Jongin felt like a phone call has just been disconnected, he tried communicating with the other but couldn't."" he cursed running his hands through his hair.He entered his car and drove straight home, things were getting too much to handle at this rate.
Walking in the house, Jongin saw his mother and father discussing something, he didn't even bother to greet them and was about to walk up the stairs when his father called him. "Jongin!" He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn to face his dad. "Come here sweety" his mother gestured her hand for him to come forward. Jongin reluctantly walked to where his parents were, "good evening" he greeted with a bow. His father motioned for him to take a seat. And he did as instructed. "I will go straight to the point" Mr kim began "Kai is going to mate with Sehun and the wedding will take place in a month time, I know the omega is your boyfriend but you also know that he's Kai's true mate and it is onl–" "Dad" Jongin called calmly sufficiently cutting his father off. "Why are you doing this to me? I know I am not a true born like Kai, but this is not just about status, I am also your son, your flesh and blood,  at least I presented as an Alpha too. Why do you hate me this much?" "Jongin your father will never hate–" Mr kim interrupted his wife with a raise of his hand "let him talk, keep going Jongin I am listening." Jongin wiped the tears that started forming at the corner of his eyes. "You knew I love Sehun and he loves me too, yet you still went ahead and decided for Kai to mate with him because Kai is your favorite son, isn't he ? Tell me Dad did Kai put you up to this? Did he put the words in your mouth? Because I know you'll do anything he wants, 'cause he's the only one you see as a son," he paused to wipe his tears once again. "I am just here as a shadow, Kai's shadow, you never gave me the love I deserved but I never complained, because this woman here–" he pointed at his mother "showered me with enough love that I needed not to complain, but now dad, I am complaining because I love Sehun and I won't let him go, I won't let anyone take him away from me, I don't care if he's Kai's true mate or not, 'cause I don't give a damn about true mate, the only thing I believe in is the love I have for Sehun. So dad no. It's a big NO I won't let this happen, I know Kai is behind all this–" "He's not Jongin."His mother once again spoke, Mr kim glared at her and she immediately shut . "He's manipulating you into believing he's the selfless one, but in reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter