Reunion and Jae's stunt.

Torn Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The moment the chip left his body, Kai's wound healed itself naturally. Then he felt his consciousness kicked back, and the bond between him and his mate– his sehun! Sehun was in pain. And when his eyes caught the sight of his omega kneeling on the floor, he abruptly stood up ignoring the throbbing and dizziness in his head,  He's about to launched himself on his mate's attacker when he saw some other guy beat him to it as the latter turned the former Into ash with just one touch, whoever he this man was must be powerful. But Kai's attention and focus were on his mate who was laying in Luhan's arms, his instincts kicked in as he rushed to his omega side, pulling Sehun away from Luhan who looked extremely terrified. Then he smelled it  silver it must be a silver bullet because it's the only thing lethal to werewolves and he could feel the burning pain his mate was going through. "No, no stay with me– you're not leaving me, not when I just got back to you, not now ,not ever–" Kai can't lose Sehun, the thought of possibly losing his mate scared him to the bones, he didn't want to even think about a life where there was no Sehun in it.  The omega had gone through a lot without him, he wanted to make it up for the time they'd lost, not to suffer the same fate as his mate went through, Sehun have to live, he have to survive through this. "Kai, bring him over here, holding him in your arms won't save him" he heard Jin yelling from behind as the doctor finished setting the necessary surgical equipments "Now!" He added. Kai picked his mate up, he could feel the life in his mate slipping away slowly as he walked towards Jin, he gently placed the unconscious omega on the cot and caressed his face."Step back please, I am going to operate on his stomach and i won't appreciate infections getting in his wound." Jin said as he began to cut Sehun's shirt open. Kai wanted to protest but he knew better to listen to what his cousin said, he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and he turned slightly to see his father in-law smiling softly at him."He'll make it son,I know he will"  Kai nodded before turning his attention back to Sehun."Kai please you're slowing me" Jin said again. Kai reluctantly stepped away giving enough space as Jin requested."Why are you still there? You heard what Jin hyung said" he asked the unknown young man who was still standing beside Jin. "Jin here is a werewolf." he said almost leaning on Jin's shoulder. "That I know of, so?" "Sooo" he drawled "I am the only non wolf here who can touch silver without getting burned" he reasoned, which was true. Kai sighed and he watched from his place as Jin cut his mate's stomach open. "Did you sanitize your hands?" Jin asked the unknown guy beside him who nodded almost enthusiastically. "Now place your hand on the cut and pull the bullet out with your mojo." Jin told the man and the latter almost nodded his head off due to how happy he seemed to be beside Jin. Kai wondered what the other man's deal was but he noticed the looks he gave his cousin that spoke a lot. The excited guy placed his gloved hand on the cut, Kai just hoped the other know what he's doing or at least focus to do it properly because he wouldn't appreciate anyone putting his mate's life at more risk. Almost In a blink of an eye the lethal bloodied item was resting on the guy's hand.
"That was fast" Chanyeol commented. Kai gave him a look and the beta raised both hands in surrender. Kai watched as Jin inspected the cut.
"I need to close him up, the silver burned through his skin, it will take time before it heals naturally and leaving the cut open is not a good decision, he'd already lost a few blood." "I can help with that" came a familiar voice. Kai turned around to the source and instantly recognized her "Seulgi!" He said moving closer to her. "You remembered me?" She seemed surprised. "Of course I do" he said with a small smile. "Hey! Sorry to bug in but can you postpone your reunion? Cause we still need to close him up" Jin reminded from his place. Seulgi walked to where the others were, Kai was expecting her to get the stitching equipments but instead she used her finger like a laser beam to seal the cut. "Wow, that was cool" Jin couldn't help but express his amusement. "I could do that too" the young man beside Jin said with a pout. "Then why didn't you?" Jin asked coldly and Kai immediately felt pity for the other guy. "You didn't ask me to, I thought she was going to provide you with the normal stitching equipments to close him up" the man said and Jin rolled his eyes. Then sehun stirred, Kai instantly moved closer to his mate."Sehun!" He called taking the other's hand in his. Sehun let out a low groan as he slowly opened his eyes."Sehun!" Kai called again, gently squeezing the omega's hand. "K-kai!" Sehun voiced weakly. "Hey" Kai said as happy tears began to roll down his face. The happiness and relieved of seeing his mate talk was overwhelming at the current state of his heart.  "Don't cry, please" Sehun said. Kai offered a smile and nodded before leaning in to place a soft kiss on his husband's lips, he was about to pull back when Sehun gripped his shirt, stopping him form moving away."I missed you" the omega mumbled with tears in his eyes as well, as he chased after Kai's lips for another kiss. "I missed you so bad, Sehun– God you have no idea how much"  Kai said as he let his tears to run freely. He pulled back and wiped Sehun's tears with his thumb."I am sorry" he told the omega. Sehun shook his head."No, don't say that it's not your fault, I mourned you– grieved you–i– I am just glad to finally have you back."  Kai smiled as Sehun wiped his tears with his thumb as well. He held the omega's hand before giving it a longing kiss."Me too–" he choked out.  "I don't ever want to know who we are without each other again, when i lost you I lost a part of me Kai" Sehun held his husband's hand tighter.,"I was broken kai– I don't ever want to know what is like to live without you again, I don't ever want to experience the other side of a world without you, never ever again." he sobbed and Kai hugged him as he sob as well. "Me too" he said to his omega "I can't live without you Sehun, I was lost without you and I don't ever want to experience that ever again, it was just too hard– God I love you so much Sehun" "I love you too baby" Sehun hugged him tightly, and they cried for a while before the omega pulled away sniffing and that made Kai chuckled at how cute his mate was. "God they're making me emotional" Kai heard Junmyeon said. "They're so adorable" he heard the unknown guy said. "They made me cry" Kai heard Jongin said. "Me too" Kris said as well "and my husband too" he added. Kai turned slightly to look at them all.
Luhan was wiping his tears with a smile on his face, his father in-law is grinning as he draped an arm over Junmyeon's shoulder, Kris and Chanyeol were hugging each other rubbing one another's back, Jongin was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed over his chest, as he smiled and wipe his own tears. Jin was smiling shaking his head slightly and the unknown guy was staring admiringly at Jin as he placed a gentle hand on his cousin's should, but it seemed Jin was too occupied watching them to notice. Kai smiled at them before turning his attention back to his mate, and caressed the Omega's face affectionately, "I am so happy to be with you again, you're my everything you know that, don't you?" Sehun smiled and nodded." I know and you're my everything too, I can't wait for you to meet our son, he's so much like you– Oh my God Jae" Sehun said voice laced with fear. And Kai's heart almost exploded at the mentioning of his son."w-where is he?" He managed to ask between the heavy beatings of his heart. "She– Irene took him and only you can–" Kai didn't wait for Sehun to finish his sentence as he abruptly rose to his feet.  "Where?" Was all he asked as he began to pull his shirt off. "Basement, she's trapped in here so she can't get out." Luhan answered. Kai's eyes were already turning red from the anger bubbling up in his entire body.
Irene. How could he ever forget what she did to him, how could he ever let the woman that made his and Sehun's life miserable walk away? He would pay her back in thousands and now she dared to touch his son, a baby for that ing matter, he swore to rip her from limb to limb and feed her remnants to the vultures. He hurried out of his pants not being bothered by the fact that he's in front of many eyes, he couldn't care less about that right now. "Wow! That's huge, you're big" the unknown man AKA Jin's admirer said, shamelessly looking at his .  Jin smacked the other on the head and Kai silently thanked him for that before turning his attention to Seulgi."I am sorry but I have to do this" She shook her head slowly."It's okay Kai, you should do what you have to do, she did hurt you and your family besides I don't consider her my mother anymore not after what she did to me." she said with an encouraging smile. Kai was truly grateful to Seulgi, he gave her a curt nod before turning his attention back to his mate "I will get him back and I will rip her from limb to limb" he bowed down and kissed his mate's lips softly. "Please be safe and come back to me" Sehun said wiping his tears away. "I promise!" He said and pulled away before morphing into his huge grey/red wolf form. "Even his wolf is huge, I can see why his is–ow" the unknown man was stopped mid-sentence by another smack from Jin .Kai snarled at him and he sees the other flinched, he turned to look at his mate one more time and Sehun gave him a curt nod mouthing 'i love you' before he took off.  His instincts have taken over all he wanted to do at the moment was to save his pup, protect his son from a threat. He broke through the glass door as he ran down to the basement and it only took him few seconds to get there. The basement was dark but he could see clearly with his heightened vision.He came to an abruptly halt when a sight caught his attention. It's a light cascading around a small boy– toddler, filling his being, the air around him was like a liquid version of the night sky, it's both bright but dark light at same time, shinning in a way that the stars can't even compare. Kai watched as the little boy's body disappeared? Met into glittering arcs for a moment before appearing again, then the light became too much but Kai didn't blink even as his eyes started to water and sting he kept them open unable to miss a glimpse of what was happening to his son. Then the light faded and the little boy floated as he slowly dropped on the cot, the baby giggled kicking his legs excitedly, Kai let out a breath he hadn't realize he's been holding, as his heart grew a few sizes from the sound of his son's giggles, But what the hell just happened? How was Jae floating in the air by himself? What was that light all about? What did the witch do to his son? He was not able to continue questioning himself when he sighted the witch mixing some formulas and instantly rage boiled in his veins. He charged as he ran into the glass door, breaking it into pieces. His enemy was here, the person that made his and his mate's life miserable, how dare she lay a hand on his son?. Irene quickly turned when she heard the shattering of glasses and the moment her eyes met with Kai's blood red ones, she shivered, he could see the fear in her orbs. Kai launched forward with a super speed and in less than a second he's pinning her to the ground with his huge paws.He growled and snarled at her making her to tremble under his paws. Kai wished he could talk to her in this form, he would– "Think about what you want to say, I can read your thoughts."  She told him in a surprisingly calm voice. *Why?* Was the first thing he asked  "Why what? You have to specify for me to understand"  *Why did you take me a way from my mate and made his life miserable* "I am a scientist Kai, you probably won't understand or even believe me, but I wanted to give you a better life" *A better life? By keeping away from my son? My mate and my family?* "You could have had another with my daughter, she could give you a son, she could be your mate and we could be your family" *What? You're unbelievable. Irene you kept me away from my family for a year and a half, you lied and and deceived me into thinking Seulgi was Sehun. Do you have any idea how they felt thinking I was dead?* "Well, like I said I am scientist I don't use my heart for some emotional bull but use my brain instead" Kai growled angrily at her, he initiated the conversation with her because he wanted to give her a chance to come clean, even though Seulgi said she didn't consider her as a mother at least it's the best he could do for a good friend like the other, but Irene will never feel remorse for what she did, he didn't see an ounce of remorse in her eyes.
*How could you do such things? What did you do you my son?* She chuckled a little.
"I made his life more intriguing" Kai pressed his elongated claws, digging into her shoulder, drawing blood but he couldn't care less. He needed to know what she did you his son not some cryptic words that he didn't understand. 
*Tell me what you did to him* he snarled again. "What I've always wanted to achieve from you, I gave him a pure blood's power since he's a true born I a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter