Lost and Broken.

Torn Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Luhan rushed down the stairs after watching the news from his room with his baby cradled in his chest. His heart clenched painfully at the sight of his brother laying motionless in Jin's arms as the Alpha tried to rush him out of the house. Everyone looked dejected, Mrs Kim was crying out loud clenching her husband's shirt as the Junmyeon tried to calm her down, shedding his own silent tears as well. While Jongin stood there rooted unable to move an inch until his husband rested a tender hand on his shoulder. The alpha jerked at the sudden touch, then he realized Jin had taken Sehun out of his sight, he quickly turned around and trailed after them. Luhan was about to follow but Jongin stopped him.
"No, stay at home with the baby, mom needs someone by her side right now" he said and quickly turn on his heels without waiting for Luhan's response as his heart tightened– hurting every part of his senses.  It can't be right, there must be a mistake somewhere, Kai is not dead, he's a true born he can't die, he can't leave his pregnant omega helpless, no –no, he can't leave me. Jongin kept repeating those words over and over in his head. Sehun regained his consciousness on the way to the hospital and immediately his water broke and he went into labour as he squirmed and whimpered in pain. Jin, Junmyeon and Jongin tried to keep it calm but failed seeing the omega's misery."Hyung. He's going into labour" Jongin said frantically. "I know" Jin stepped on the gas pedal. "Isn't it too early? He still have 2 more weeks before his due" Junmyeon said "I know" Jin responded absentmindedly. "Hyung please say something sensible" Jin sighed turning silently to look at the omega in Jongin's arms "it will be okay, he can do it" he said more to himself in assurance. "Jin hurry, he's losing it" Junmyeon said to his nephew when Sehun let out a loud scream. "Just a little more, we're almost there."   The door to the hospital entrance bust open and sehun is being carried into the delivery room, voice shouting left and right, nurses giving out instructions that sounded like gibberish to Sehun's ear. Someone threw a surgical gown into Jin's hand and the latter hastily rushed to his office to sanitize and change properly before entering the labour ward,  Once inside the labour ward Jin fixed his eyes on Sehun, whose features were contorted in pain as he tried to breath though the much stronger contractions, his skin was shining in sweat, strands of hair placated across his forehead as he kept mumbling Kai's name over and over. Jin tried as much as possible not be emotional at this point, he needed to be there for Sehun, he needed to help him deliver his baby. One of nurses tugged his arm. "Dr Kim, he needs your attention" she reminded. Jin curtly nodded and took further steps towards Sehun as he finally got back control over his mind and body, be bent down and whispered encouraging words into the omega's ear before moving down to Sehun's lower half, he readjusted his gloves as he inspect the omega's hole."Sehun, I can see the baby's head, I need you to push Okay? Just a little"  Sehun grabbed one of the nurses hand "my husband, get my husband. I can't do this without him" he managed those words out. The nurse looked at Jin and the Alpha nodded.
"Get Jongin, he's not in his right state of mind to differentiate their scents" Jin whispered into the nurse's ear. And minutes later Jongin walked in wearing a scrubs, he hurriedly went and and held Sehun's hand."Kai?" The omega breathed out. Jongin did his best not to break down in front of Sehun. Who's in more pain than he was. "I am here, breath, baby breath" and Sehun did just that. "Yes, you're doing a great job, just like that, I need you to push little hmm?" Sehun closed his eyes with a deep intake of air and he tightened his grip on Jongin's hand. The omega now was pushing as best as he could, groaning when his muscles tensed painfully and taking a quick breaths between each try and he look like he's a step away from crying. Jongin brought the hand he's hold to his lips and gave it an encouraging kiss. once, twice and whispered encouragement against the omega's skin. One hour passed and Sehun was still pushing, two hours, and now three and Sehun look like he's out of it. eyelids droopy and gaze lost somewhere in front of him– he's still pushing but it seemed he has no strength left to do anything more than what he's trying at the moment. Jin called another doctor and asked her to take care of the coming baby while he tried to push the baby out with his powers ( he worked in a secret medical department for wolves, so they all knew about his abilities, in fact all the nurses and doctors in that department were all werewolves, some of the higher government officials were involved in creating the department for the benefit of their kind. Junmyeon included) At this rate Sehun can't even seem to notice Jongin's presence anymore so Jin advised him to stay outside while they do their job. Jongin reluctantly left the labour ward and Jin came to stand near Sehun, massaging his neck a little, the omega's body was limp, then Jin placed a palm on the belly as bright light illuminated his hand and he pressed a little harder."Okay Sehun I want you to push one more time." With all his might, Sehun pushed and with a hard press on his belly the baby came out with a loud a cry announcing its arrival to the new world. All the nurses and doctors smiled, Jin gave the baby a small smack on the bum."You Little rascal, you gave your papa a hard time" and the baby cried louder in response. Sehun passed out minutes later as the baby was being cleaned up. ****
Mrs Oh cried harder when she held her new grandson.  Kim junmyeon has been on the phone with some people, while Jongin sat down staring blankly at the ceiling.Then Jin came out informing them that Sehun's asleep at the moment. Mrs Oh passed the baby to Jongin when the Alpha asked to hold him and she took her place beside her husband who was sitting silently, somewhere in the waiting room.  Jongin stared at the baby making silent promises, despite trying he couldn't hold back his tears. Jin patted his cousin's shoulder. "I am sorry Jongin, I wish Kai had listened to me–" he paused wiping his tears away, "I am so sorry, I really am" "It's not your fault hyung" Jongin said in a hush tone. "I know, but I should have  tried harder to stop him." Jongin shook his head."You know Kai well enough, he wouldn't have listened, he doesn't believe in such things" he passed the little boy to Jin. Jin sighed before collecting the baby, carefully supporting the baby's head with his palm as he held him close.The baby kicked his feet a few times, letting out a whiny cry and Jin's heart grew a few sizes inside his chest and he vowed right there and then to protect this priceless life with his own, to love him and care for him like a father will.
"I will love and protect you little one, I'll never let you feel the lost of your father. I promise" he whispered placing a soft kiss on the baby's forehead.
.
****   Sehun woke up alone in a hospital room, his hands automatically went to his stomach. It's flat, which meant he gave birth for real, it wasn't just a dream like he thought it was. He smiled wondering how his little boy look like, how did Kai felt when he held their baby–"Kai!" Sehun mumbled, if he really gave birth which meant he's not dreaming about Kai being–  Then realisation downed on him as he still couldn't feel the bond between them.Nothing, like it was never there before or it has never existed in first place. His heart throbbed painfully inside his chest, how could this be happening? Few hours ago Kai was well and alive being the clingy husband he'd always been, and now he's gone. "No, No please, no, please Kai, please come back to me I love you, I can't– I can't live without you" Sehun choked on his sobs, his heart twisting painfully, he never knew this was how or what it felt to lose a mate. It hurt, it hurts so ing much, he wished everything will just stop, he wished it's just a nightmare and he'll wake up to see his Kai by his side, holding him like he used to. But no, the emptiness he felt was real, Kai was gone and Sehun can't live without him, he can't, he just can't. It hurt damn too much to endure. With that, he slowly roused to his feet feeling as if a part of him had died, like he's just a body without a soul. Walking slowly out of the room, Sehun scanned his surroundings and didn't see much people around. Only some nurses and a few doctors roaming around. He dragged his tired feet to a door and started taking the flight of stairs, he walked as tears kept pouring down his face endless until he reached the rooftop, it was empty and he kept dragging his feet till he reached the edge and climbed on the railing. Staring blankly into the sky, he wished he can freeze time before it turned this cold, he can't live without Kai, the love he have for the alpha was never going to end, the only way was to end his life along with it, he couldn't live with just memories, he couldn't, it's too painful to live like that and as long as his heart beats, Kai will forever be in his heart beats, the best way was to stop his heart. Kai was his everything, he didn't want to live a life where there was no Kai in it, his eyes traveled down and he could see the cars passing by like toys. Lifting his head a little, Sehun could see han river from his spot, memories of the time when he wanted to end his life and Kai stopped him invaded his mind. But now no one was going to save him– God, he doesn't even want to be saved, he rubbed his palm over his chest to ease the pain his heart was going through, but it's not working if anything it kept increasing. " I am lost without you Kai, I can't do this without you, how could you–" he cried harder "die carelessly without thinking what I will go throug? I don't want to live without you please, give me a sign just a little hope that I will see you again. Please Kai-" he ran his fingers through his hair and let out a heart wenching scream."I wish I can erase all the memories,all your touches, I just want to erase everything, because it hurts so much, so ing much. I can't live like this, it's all too much for me," he let out another scream again " I can't, I can't, I can't, I am broken Kai, I can't carry on like this." He just want to die and join his mate in the other life, he wanted to be where Kai was, and right now Death was the only solution, the only thing that could stop his sufferings, the only thing that could reunite him with his mate.  With that, Sehun moved his right leg forward as tears endlessly streamed from his eyes, his vision was blurry and just when he's about to fall down the 56 story building a hand held his tightly, his heart skipped a beat "Kai!" he called as he quickly turned around only to be met with Jin. Sehun stared at the other with red puffy eyes and Jin stared him back with tears running down his face as well, then Sehun averted his gaze and noticed a bundle cradled in Jin's arms, he stared at the bundle intently and that's when  realization downed on at him, he hadn't even met his baby and was about to end his life without seeing what his and Kai's baby look like. "He's a sweet innocent child, and have Kai's features" Jin stated looking between the baby and to Sehun."But he has your nose and beautiful lips,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter