The bond stirs

Torn Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
From that day onwards Junmyeon had promised to protect Kai and when Kai had his first transition at the age of two, he knew better to believe Irene. And it was after Kai's transition that he told his wife about what Irene said. Junmyeon finished his narration with a deep intake of air. Their eyes all were on him and they could all sensed the distress in the older alpha. "Oh my God!" Sehun gasped "it's all my fault I shouldn't have marked him." "No Sehun it's not, you think he didn't know that? I told him the moment he found out about you being his true mate. He knew the consequences but he still asked you to mark him because he loves you" Junmyeon said to him. "Still I shouldn't have done it–" "It's already done, son, there is nothing we can do to avoid it anymore" Sehun ran his fingers through his hair,
"We have to help him ,we have to get him out of there" he said rising to his feet as he paced through the room, he can't believe all this happened because he left his mark on Kai, if he hadn't marked him, Kai wouldn't have been vulnerable to be captured and now, Oh God– "We know that, but we don't even know where Kai is" Jongin gave his point. "Then we should locate him" Sehun added almost impatiently. "Oh my God! Oh my God!! I caused this" he grabbed a fist full of his hair as he continued to pace through the room.  "Sehun calm down, like uncle Junmyeon said it has already happened, we can't undo it but we'll get a way to save him." Kris said holding Sehun's hand. "You don't get it. do you? I shouldn't have done it in first place, I shouldn't have complied when he asked me to do it" "Kai asked you to, because he wanted it Sehun, he wanted your mark on him, so it's not your fault, it's no one's fault but those damn witches. So Please calm down" Kris tried again. "The way we've seen Kai I don't think he's in trouble or living uncomfortably, he seemed like a normal person with a family, I bet he'll be in chains, locked up somewhere if Irene really did took him like father said" Luhan pointed out. "She did took Kai, I am certain about it." Junmyeon said "I am sure the whole plane crash escapade was her doing just to take him." he added rubbing his temple. "I can't believe she killed innocent lives just to fulfill her ego" "Well maybe she doesn't need to restraint him because she wiped his memories and binded his wolf, she knows we all think he's dead and will not bother to look for him since the plane was burnt and the bond Sehun felt was no longer there, but I am sure he needs our help." Jongin said and they all nodded agreeing to his words.  Sehun wiped his cheeks when Kris succeeded in calming him down, his husband was so close yet so far away, but he'll get him back, now was not the time to put a blame on himself, he will do that when he's sure his man was back in his arms. He quickly fished out his phone and dialed Krystal's number. "Hey! Sehun what's up?" She chimed from the other line. "It's about Kai, we need you at the Kim's right now"  "What– what about him?" "He's alive Krystal, we need his location"  "Jesus!" she gasped "you're joking, ain't you?" "No Krystal, I am serious."  "Will be there in five".  And the call ended, no one needed to ask him why he called her because they all know she's needed, but there was one question. "What do we do when we find him?" Jongin asked. "We get him and get the hell out of there" Sehun replied. "We need a plan to do that, and what about his– his new family?" Jongin chewed on his lips even to him those words left a bitter taste on his tongue, he couldn't imagine what Sehun was going through, knowing your husband may now have another family and the worst was he doesn't even remember you or the child  he had with you. "We need to think of something even though you said he doesn't look troubled, what if it's all part of her plan because from the little I've learned about her she's really a " Sehun took a deep breath, he didn't want to look weak or break down in front of the others, now was not the time, he needed to be strong and think about a way, fast– his thoughts were interrupted when Krystal walked in sporting a prominent baby bump, with her mate(Amber) walking right behind her.Krystal had found her true mate 8 months ago, a very unique female Alpha, Amber, the two mated (accidentally) the very first day they found each other and they got married two months after that, now Krystal was 6 months in. She walked to where Sehun was seated and sat beside him. "Hun! What is going on" she asked the moment she took her seat without giving herself a chance to breath. "Like I told you Kai is alive and we need you to locate him" She put her palm over .
"How?– how is that even possible?" Sehun took another breath before narrating everything to her. She wiped her tears and her mate was kneeling right in front of her holding her as she rub soothing circles on her wife's thighs."I need to see through your head to locate him, you're the one with the strongest connection with him" she said and Sehun nodded. She placed her thumb on his temple
"Ready?" He gave a curt nod. She took a deep intake, and closed her eyes as she began– then a loud scream escaped the moment she started seeing through Sehun's head to get Kai's location. "Krys– baby look at me" Amber said holding her mate's hand tightly. The locator gasped loudly and opened her eyes as her nose began to bleed. "Oh my God Krystal are you okay?" Sehun asked worriedly when he saw the blood running down Krystal's nose "Dear! are you alright?" Mrs Kim asked as she stood up with Jae in her arms and picked a handkerchief from a small drawer. "I can't– something was blocking me and when I tried to break through it I felt as if my head is being spilt in half but I saw a face" she shut her eyes before opening them again "a familiar face" she accepted the handkerchief Mrs Kim offered.
"The woman with Kai, Seulgi– I've known her in my first year of college back in the US, she was a transferred student from here and us being both Koreans helped in becoming friends with her in no time" Krystal told them. "Seulgi? You saw her?" Junmyeon asked. Krystal nodded " Dear God, she's Irene's daughter the little girl in the story I told you about– this really confirmed my suspicion. Irene really took my son." "But I've known Seulgi for two years and she seemed to be a good person, she had a boyfriend and she always told me her mom was against it, and wanted something much more for her– and now. I just don't get it." She rubbed her fingers together." Things are really confusing, I never knew she was a pure blood witch."  "Did she break our bond?" Sehun asked. "No, she couldn't, not even a powerful witch like her could do that, there's nothing or anyone in this world that is strong enough to break a mated wolves' bond and we are talking about a true born's bond which is the strongest and unbreakable ,she must have binded his wolf deep inside him, but its still there." Junmyeon explained And Sehun sighed in relief, accompanied with a small smile. "She's a venomous snake, of course she'll do anything possible to make sure we  won't be able to locate Kai." Junmyeon added. Minutes passed in silence as they all cracked their brains for a way out. Then Junmyeon decided to hold his grandson (Jae), hyoyeon read her husband's thought and passed the toddler to him. He sniffled the boy's hair.
"You smell different– I mean richer all forest and cinnamon." Sehun tensed at that, of course Kim junmyeon was not the head of the family for no reason, he will definitely notice the scent difference Jae carried now, even though Sehun didn't know what elder's  ability was but he's sure the man was old and wise enough to sense the difference. "That's because he's –" "He's having a flu" Sehun quickly cut his brother off, he knew what Luhan was about to say and he gave the older omega a look  that says 'you promised' and Luhan gave him an apologetic look that says 'i am sorry' "Flu? Oh no you should take him to the doctor– or wait let me call the family doctor and–" "I'll take him" Sehun cut in. "Now" he added. "I'll go with you" Krystal offered, one thing Sehun liked about her was; as long as she's seen through his head there was no need to voice what he wanted to say or wanted her to do, and she's very understanding, she must have seen about Jae and why sehun didn't want the Kim's to know. "Are you sure Sehun? I mean the doctor can just come here and will save you some stress" Mrs Kim said. "No mother, it's fine, really." He glanced at his wristwatch "I should probably get going– oh I totally forget Jin hyung can take care of him" Sehun suddenly remembered. "Oh right, I too forgot we have a doctor in the house" Mrs Kim said."he's been awfully quiet, Jin sweety are you alright?" Jin tried a smile "I am fine, thanks for the concern aunt. I will check and see what the problem is when we get home" he lied.  "So uhm what's the plan now?" Jongin asked "We need to locate him first, then we'll think of what to do next, don't worry I'll contact my people, some of them are strong locators we'll work together to see what we can come up with" he turned his attention to Sehun "Sehun don't worry son, your husband will come back to you. I promise" Sehun nodded. "thank you father" he said rising to his feet. "I think I should get going– Jin hyung do want to stay longer?–" "Nah, let's go" he stood up as well. Mrs Kim hugged Sehun once again and Junmyeon patted his shoulder before passing Jae over to him. Luhan hugged his brother with soothing words before the younger left , but not before he thanked Krystal and her mate for their help. Chanyeol and Kris decided to stay behind and have more words with Junmyeon, to see if they could come up with something.   *****   It was after they arrived at the apartment that Sehun recalled he has an unfinished business with Jin. He watched as the alpha fed Jae before changing his diaper and clothes, it made him feel even more guiltier, Jin had been so nice and caring towards him and Jae. And now he have to break the other's heart just when he accepted it. "I guess you won't be going to college today. Right?" Jin broke the silence between them as they sat in the living room after Jae had crawled onto his Papa's lap and fell asleep. "No, it's almost three o'clock" he said glancing briefly at his phone and Jin nodded "I am sorry hyung"  "For what?" "For everything, for–" "C'mon Sehun don't apologise for something that is not your fault" he said to the Omega. "I know, but just when I gave you hope– it got crushed" Jin waved his hand with a small smile "I guess I was never meant to be with you" he looked intently into Sehun's eyes  "it's against the nature to be with another alpha when your mate is still alive. So it's not your fault– let's – let's not talk about it anymore please."  Sehun understood and nodded as he blinked away the tears in his eyes– God he had become such a cry baby, he wonder how he still has more tears with the amount of crying he's been doing lately. "Thank you hyung, you'll always remain such a special hyung and a friend to me." "Good! Because I am planning on remaining that way for a very long time" Jin said rising to his feet. "I should check at the hospital, I will be back before dinner. Should I come with something for you to eat?" "No it's fine, I will cook something or order  pizza, okay?" Jin smiled again,"okay" he bent down and ruffled Sehun's hair before exiting the apartment. Sehun let out a loud sigh before lifting his body and walked to the bedroom with Jae cradled In his arms, he didn't waste any second as he threw his body on the bed and hugged his son to his chest, he needed to catch some sleep, he'll worry about his problems later.   *** The night was cold as the almost winter breeze slipped through the window and hit his skin, that's when Sehun woke up, he glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand that's showed 9:35pm.
"Dear God, I over slept."  Lifting Jae from his chest, Sehun laid him on the bed as the boy continued to sleep soundly. A small smile curved on his lips at the serene sight of his sleeping son, he watched as Jae threw his chubby hands in the air a few times before curling up like a ball "You're cold huh?" He bowed and placed a soft kiss on his boy's forehead. "I will close the window, you'll feel better soon" he placed another kiss on his cheek before standing up and walked towards the window to close it. He placed his hand on the knob and was about to pull the glass, but that's when a figure caught his attention. The person was standing directly below the window he's about to close, he was wearing a black hoodie and a skinny jeans.  Taking one more look at the stranger, Sehun recognized who it was. It was no stranger at all but his husband."Kai!"he muttered lowly. Pulling away from the window only to bolt out of the room, Sehun quickly wore his shoes before rushing out of his apartment. The elevator ride felt like forever to him. He kept tapping his fingers on his thighs anxiously as he waited and when it finally stopped he literally ran out of the building. Kai seemed to be deep in thought as he was still staring at Sehun's room window."KAI!" He shouted and that seemed to revive the said man, he averted his gaze to Sehun and he looked stunned for some seconds before sprinting away. Sehun ran after him.
"Kai please stop" he yelled pleadingly. But the man kept running and Sehun ran faster, he can't let Kai slip away from his grasp. No, h
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter