Progress

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene didn’t know what happened but by the end of the fourth week, Seulgi was back.

She’s back to the Seulgi before the kiss happened, only it’s a better version because lo and behold, Seulgi is finally getting used to Irene’s kisses (or so she thought). It was only a small greeting kiss and good night kiss by the end of the day but Irene has never been happier than this in her life. It’s like Seulgi has this sudden awakening about their relationship in one morning and whatever it is, Irene was grateful.

Of course, there are still a few obstacles here and there. Like, for one that keeps happening quite constantly these days are Seulgi’s fangirls stopping them in their tracks.

Irene knows that the girl was meant to confess.

She didn’t miss how the girl also sent Irene a brief glare because everyone around the campus must now notice Irene’s presence lingering around Seulgi more often than not. Irene didn’t pay them any attention. Irene also have made it sure to the last person who tried to confess to her that she’s taken, though she didn’t spill who is the person. And that’s the thing about them. They never talked about how they will do this dating thing.

It was simply just Irene asked Seulgi out, Seulgi agreed, they went on several library and dinner dates, she hugged Seulgi, she kissed Seulgi’s cheek. They are officially dating. They are a couple. And it’s going for their third month dating.

But none of them have thought about spreading the word, because does it really need to?

Irene thought it’s not necessary.

She wasn’t the person who liked attention that much anyway but Seulgi was different. Irene wasn’t sure if she liked being in the center of attention or not but she’s clearly used to it already.

People will notice with the way they’re interacting with each other that there has to be something more going on between them. Until of course, a few people still think they stand a chance with either of them. Especially Seulgi.

“Seulgi-sunbaenim, can we talk?” The shorter girl asked, eyes full of hope.

Seulgi gives a small smile, arm still being engulfed with Irene’s in a protective way. “Sure.” Yet Seulgi didn’t move an inch from where she is standing. The girl noticed Irene holding onto Seulgi (obviously it was right before her eyes) and her eyes went back to Seulgi.

“Can we talk alone? Just the two of us.”

Irene tightens her hold around Seulgi’s arm and that's the cue where Seulgi gives the girl her apologetic smile. “I’m sorry, but if you want to talk. It's better if my girlfriend comes along as well.” And Irene choked hard on that.

She did tell Seulgi about her jealousy but she swore they never agreed on doing this. On Seulgi telling her fangirls that she would rather have her girlfriend be at her side when someone is suspiciously trying to get close to Seulgi. She was taken aback just as much as the girl in front of them.

“Y, your girlfriend?” She stuttered. “How? S, since when…?”

Seulgi raises an eyebrow, thinking. “Mm, around three months ago.” Then she turned to Irene with her charming smile, Irene blushes hard. “Right?”

Honestly, Irene couldn’t remember because she was still feeling shocked. She only nodded at Seulgi who turns her attention back to the girl.

“So, what is it that you want to talk about with me?”

“S, sunbaenim— You can't.” That makes Seulgi frown. “You can't be dating her! W, what did she do that you agree to date her? She must've done something, right, sunbaenim?”

Irene was offended.

She's been trying hard to not glare back at this girl because she knows Seulgi will turn down her confession anyway but to even bad-mouthing Irene in front of her face like this is crossing the line and pushes all Irene's buttons. Irene was fuming and ready to spit fire-

“She confessed.” Seulgi suddenly said with a very visible frown. She looks a little pissed too. “She confessed and I accepted.”

And honestly, Irene never planned for them to come out about their relationship like this but what done is done and she would like it if Seulgi didn’t say more than that. It will be better if they just get out of this drama before other people starts gathering around them. They didn’t owe this girl any explanation more than what's necessary. Seulgi is off limits now and that should be clear enough.

She tugs Seulgi's coat, making the other turning her head to the side, looking at Irene. “Let’s go now. I'm hungry.” She lied, she wasn’t that hungry but the stares are increasing in numbers and it starting to piss her off.

Seulgi agreed wordlessly but not before giving her fangirl a look and a polite nod—god, Seulgi is really well-mannered. If it were Irene, she doesn’t even want to spare a small glance at the girl.

Irene keeps dragging Seulgi through the campus corridor until Seulgi calls her out softly, slowing her down to a stop. “You okay?” there's small concerned look adorning Seulgi's face and Irene didn’t know why she is blushing at the sight.

Irene shakes her head, “I’m okay. A little surprised but totally okay.”

And as always, Seulgi didn’t pry further. “Are you really hungry?” Seulgi asked.

The two started to walk side by side in a slower pace, as if taking their time. “Yes, I'm starving actually.” Irene lets out a small giggle.

She wasn't even hungry but the only time she gets to spend more time with Seulgi was whenever the two of them agree to eat out together. Oh well, guess Irene has to do extra work in burning more fats because she eats more since she started dating Seulgi—not that Seulgi was complaining about her body but she still need to look appealing enough for her.

Unfortunately, Seulgi told her she can't have dinner with Irene that day. She told her about some kind of meeting she needs to attend and Irene understands. So, with that, Seulgi goes her way to the car, leaving Irene with a deep sigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter