First Date: Part I

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, Irene may have expected more for a first date but this is good enough. Maybe. Irene lets out yet another long sigh that goes once again unnoticed by her date. The new couple has settled to go for a simple date (if this is still worth to be call a date, that is). Irene got to pick the place but she was trying to be considerate, so she tries to not pick a place that would make Seulgi uncomfortable. The latter have told Irene that she doesn’t usually hang out with her friends as much as teens her age does, which is why she doesn’t know that many places for them. Irene suddenly felt the urge to lead their first date, one that will make Seulgi comfortable.

But there is one problem.

Irene doesn’t know much about Seulgi either.

All Irene knew about Seulgi was that the younger girl is an art student, she memorizes most of Seulgi’s classes (when will she come in and out of class), she also knows when Seulgi usually spend her time at after class and honestly, with how often Seulgi does her fixed schedules, anyone would be able to memorize Seulgi’s workaround each day. But aside from all that, Irene doesn’t even know what Seulgi usually eat, much more her favorites—except that she noticed Seulgi holding a can of red Pringles from time to time (though not all the time). Irene doesn’t know what kind of drink Seulgi prefers, maybe she likes tea...she doesn’t look like she’s a coffee kind of girl— “Irene?” Irene came back from her trance and found Seulgi’s eyes looking at her, a slight frown decorating her pretty flawless face. Before she can stop herself, she was already gawking at Seulgi. It was the closest Irene has ever look at Seulgi’s face and the longest time she has ever spent observing the art that is Kang Seulgi—

“Hey, Irene, you okay?” Irene felt a hand on top of hers and she realized it was Seulgi’s. “Is there something on my face?”

Irene felt the small electricity when her skin touched hers, so she jumped a little. “Huh? No, no, not at all. You’re perfect.”

She watches Seulgi chuckles at her reply and that’s when Irene realize of what she just blurted out.

“I, I mean not that. Well, you’re perfect but you asked about your face and I—“ Irene lets out an exasperated sigh. Why is she being a stuttering mess right now? This is embarrassing. Irene’s plan was to impress Seulgi, make Seulgi like her and interested in her more. This is not working so well now. “Sorry, I’m not usually like this. You...well, being next to you like this makes me slightly nervous, you know.”

Unfortunately, no. Seulgi doesn’t know that her presence is making Irene nervous.

And she doesn’t know how to deal with this fact.

“Oh, sorry. Um, should I put a little distance then?” It made the slightly older girl turn to look at her. Her lips are threatening her to burst into a wide grin and lets out her laugh. The next second, Irene gave up and released a small laugh and Seulgi could only sport a confused look.

“What?” Irene thinks it was cute how Seulgi taking it very seriously. “Okay, I mean… It's okay, Seulgi. Just because I said so, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'm nervous, yes, but you know... In a good way.”

Irene suddenly have the small urge to slap herself because her ‘smart’ brain decided to give Seulgi the most absurd explanation (honestly, it wasn’t that bad but Irene just like exaggerating things when it comes to Kang Seulgi).

After almost a minute, Seulgi looks up and nodded to herself. “Nervous in a good way. Mmhm, alright then. I'll stay close to you if that's the case.” And just like that, Irene blushes.

Seulgi didn't talk further, neither did Irene. It feels like an hour have passed in the library- oh, yes, before you crease your brows into a frown. Indeed, yes they are now at the library and not just any library, it is the campus' library.

Irene's choice.

Because she doesn’t want to ruin Seulgi's usual routine at the library.

Well, that’s what she keeps on telling herself. What actually happened was she blanked out when Seulgi asked, when she finally snapped out of it, Seulgi offered them to just hang around the library. Another reason was because Seulgi had to read this specific book about…business? Irene wasn’t exactly sure. But she immediately agree with the charming bear's small suggestion. Seulgi said it may not take that long for her to finish, she added “we can go have dinner together later, if you want” and Irene couldn’t find the answer ‘no’ to that offer.

Irene also thought it must not take that long.

And even if it takes long, Irene doesn’t mind because she gets to sit there across Seulgi—her girlfriend—and just steal a second (or a whole three minutes) staring at her. Irene thought Seulgi won't notice but when Seulgi looked up and their eyes met, Irene's breath hitched and she quickly broke her gaze to look down. If only Irene hold it a little longer, she would catch Seulgi smiling at her.

After that, Irene returns to her cons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter