New Love? Old love?

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi woke up with a groan.

She rarely wakes up feeling as if someone just slap her in the face for her to open her eyes and come back to her reality. Usually, she would wake up feeling okay and will start her day peacefully but now that Yerim is sleeping under one roof with her, gone was the peaceful morning.

Yerim was being excited, too excited.

Seulgi wondered how could she has so much energy this early in the morning. But then again, this is Kim Yerim we’re talking about here. She never seemed to be able to lose her energy, even she has better alcohol tolerance than Seulgi and Seulgi’s tolerance was impressive enough. Yerim’s voice was heard all the way from inside the bathroom to Seulgi’s bedroom, reminding her to stop sitting around and start to get ready for college.

Right, it was Yerim’s first time to go to Seulgi’s college and soon she will also be one of the students. “Unnie, get up now.” Yerim commanded the older girl despite her being two years younger than Seulgi. She just finished her shower, a bathrobe hugging her small figure. “Don’t you have to pick up your girlfriend?”

That immediately reminded Seulgi of her Joohyun. She sprung up and off from her very comfortable bed. Seulgi has no idea why the thought of seeing Joohyun so early in the morning makes her feel so alerted and excited. Goodness, didn’t they just see each other last night? Shared a good five minutes make out even? What is this feeling…? Seulgi wondered in her mind as she starts to take off her clothes.

Seulgi turns on the shower and for the first two minutes she was just standing there, her mind going back to the moment where she and Joohyun kissed yesterday. She couldn’t lie that Joohyun’s lips are incredibly soft and she smells so good, the usual lavender scent she always has. Seulgi had never kissed anyone before Joohyun, perhaps this is why couples love kissing each other on the lips. She was sure there was some addictive feeling that left Seulgi wanting more.

Maybe it’s just the kiss. Maybe it’s Joohyun’s lips. Maybe it’s really just Joohyun.

She felt a tingling feeling throughout her whole body, somewhere in her stomach and down to her most sacred part. It’s so weird that Seulgi shakes her head almost violently to stop herself from thinking too much. Seulgi ends up spending her shower time while trying to not think of Joohyun.

They were all set up to go and Seulgi to make a short stop at a flower shop just a few blocks from the campus. Yerim thought Seulgi is really doing so much effort for someone who says that she doesn’t love her girlfriend yet. It’s so cute though, seeing Seulgi trying this hard and Yerim was also impressed that Seulgi would buy her girlfriend a bouquet of flowers for no occasion.

“Is today your monthsary or something?” Yerim asked.

Seulgi only shrugs, tight smile on her lips. “Nope. But it’s important to give her this.”

Yerim didn’t ask more about it. She figured this is her unnie’s effort in showing her girlfriend that she cares though she doesn’t love her yet. Yerim was so sure her unnie will fall in love with Joohyun soon enough. It surprises Yerim enough knowing that she didn’t fall for Joohyun the first time she sees her—no joking, Joohyun’s beauty is definitely something else on a whole other level.

Seulgi took Yerim to Joohyun’s dorm in which, once again, the one who opened the door wasn’t Joohyun rather her roommate, Chorong. Seulgi remembers her. And of course, Chorong remembers Seulgi (I mean, who wouldn’t?). The slightly taller girl was faster to react when she snaps her fingers the moment she sees Seulgi standing there.

“Irene, right? Hold on.” Seulgi was left to nod her head and Chorong went back inside the dorm.

Yerim, who was standing on Seulgi’s side was amused. Looks like her unnie have done this a lot, huh? Even Joohyun’s roommate acknowledged Seulgi’s intention of coming here. Also, fun fact, Yerim feels somehow familiar with the roommate earlier. Where have I seen her before…? It’s very unlikely that she’s someone from Yerim’s old school in Korea.

Her thoughts were broken when the door opens again and this time reveals the girlfriend.

Yerim was ready to greet her future sister-in-law but froze when she heard her unnie speaks up first.

“Good morning, baby.” Seulgi greeted with her blinding eyesmile and a hand with a bouquet of flowers towards the girlfriend.

Yerim did not expect that at all.

She knows her unnie and Seulgi never uses endearment. No, that was never Seulgi’s thing. That was more like Byulyi’s thing! Byulyi and Yongsun! Oh, Yerim sure knows where Seulgi got it from now. Honestly, it wasn’t just Yerim who’s surprised with what Seulgi said in her sweet morning greeting. Even the girlfriend herself, Joohyun, was taken aback. Her eyes were wide and gaping in awe. Joohyun couldn’t really believe it.

Seulgi, on the other hand, only smiles like she always does. She doesn’t know exactly what she’s feeling at the moment but seeing Joohyun in the morning feels good, it’s just like that time when they camped at a secluded place. Seulgi honestly couldn’t forget the image of Joohyun’s sleeping face. It was so peaceful, that was mostly the reason why that morning Seulgi didn’t end up waking her girlfriend up. She didn’t have the heart to do it. And she hasn’t admitted it to anyone, but Seulgi loves the feeling of waking up to Joohyun cuddled up in her arms.

“Um, Joohyun…?” Seulgi called out when Joohyun seems to have frozen in her place.

The said girl snaps out of it and smiles, failing to hide her blush when she stutters a greeting back.

“Yes, um, morning too… S, Seulgi.”

Seulgi kind of expected Joohyun to return her endearment. After all, Joohyun have once let it slipped that time in the car when they had a small argument about waking up late and not being able to attend their classes. Seulgi thought Joohyun wanted the two of them to use endearment. After all, Moon Byulyi-unnie taught her that endearment is tiny important things to do and it will surely make your partner’s heart flutter with fluffy things. And Seulgi also liked the thought of Joohyun calling her with ‘baby’ or something that Byulyi uses a lot with Yongsun: “Babe”.

Byulyi also said that it doesn’t have to be the common ‘baby’ and ‘babe’ – she said it could be your little nicknames for each other. For example, Byulyi often calls her girlfriend ‘Yongddonnie’ or ‘Yongkong’ while Yongsun would call her ‘Byulkong’. Seulgi have now learned that those aren’t just nicknames they come up with, those are actually special terms to address each other. Neither Yongsun or Byulyi even allow Seulgi to use those names for them, it was really restricted to only the two couple. The two, however, have their own endearment for Seulgi and that is to call her ‘bear’ (it used to be ‘little bear’).

So, for Seulgi, it was a tiny bit disappointing that Joohyun didn’t return her endearment. Maybe they need to talk about it first? Like, settle for one? Well, Seulgi figured she’ll bring up the topic when there’s only the two of them.

Fortunately, this time Joohyun was all prepared for her first class. Seulgi came at the perfect time, not too late and not too early.

“Do you usually go to class at this hour?” Seulgi casually asked.

Joohyun, who was walking by Seulgi’s side, mutters a soft, “Yeah.”

Yerim purposely walks behind the couple, afraid she would disturb their cute atmosphere although it irked Yerim that they didn’t even hold hands. The photos Yerim seen on Twitter the other day was a picture of Joohyun linking her arms around Seulgi’s, so where is it now? Why are they walking as if they’re just friends?

Just when she was about to voice out her small frustration, Yerim sees how Seulgi puts one of her arms around Joohyun’s shoulders and pull the smaller girl closer to Seulgi’s side. Okay, damn it, that was cute. That was really cute. Yerim couldn’t help but squeal at them inside her head.

She secretly took a picture of Joohyun and Seulgi from behind.

Then she uploaded it to Twitter which received quite a great response from her friends, they started questioning who were the cute couple and what is Yerim doing creeping behind them like a creepy stalker. Yerim decided to mute the tweet because it got too many notifications already. What Yerim doesn’t know was that the photo went viral only fifteen minutes later as people starting to recognize the couple was Joohyun and Seulgi though they only see the picture of their backs.

Only when Seulgi stops walking and reach down for her phone in her coat pocket, does Yerim realizes that maybe she shouldn’t have tweeted that on Twitter.

Turned out Seulgi got a call from her mother. Seulgi didn’t tell but Yerim could tell since it was obvious with how she reacted. She spares Yerim a knowing look, and Yerim had nothing to use as her defense. She let her slip for now as Seulgi continued taking her girlfriend to her first class, this time Joohyun initiates linking arms and Yerim uses everything in her to not pull her phone and take another picture.

But it’s so hard when Yerim loves their dynamics!

Joohyun looks so small walking next to Seulgi (bless her being slightly taller and having such attractive broad shoulders) and the way Seulgi steals a small kiss on Joohyun’s hair for two times already only makes Yerim ship them harder. This is not good but Yerim doesn’t care because Seulgi looks happy and so was Joohyun and that’s actually what matters most.

Yerim watched how the so-called famous couple interact when they finally reached Joohyun’s first class. Yerim noticed their surroundings, they were either try to not look at the couple or subtly try to capture their interactions with their phone cameras. Despite the couple not yet officially coming out as lovers, it has already become a public secret in the campus that they are definitely each other’s girlfriends. The couple remained unbothered, however.

She also noticed how a few people sparing herself a look, probably wondering why the hell a blonde young girl would be standing nearby the couple and acting as if she’s guarding them—wait. This isn’t how ‘Katy Grande’ should be known for—!

Yerim put a face, “Unnie, are you done?”

The couple turned their heads to Yerim. Joohyun with her slightly cute flustered face and Seulgi with her obvious annoyed one. Wow, Seulgi really didn’t like that interruption.

“Yes, of course. I’m sorry, Yerim…” Joohyun gives her a sorry look then turning her attention back to the taller girl, she put a subtle touch on Seulgi’s forearm, eyes looking up as if they sparkle with love. “Thank you for taking me and for the flowers.”

“You like them?” Joohyun nods, her smile grew an inch wider. “I’ll bring you one every morning then.”

Yerim nearly choke. Well, it was so very sweet of her. Seulgi clearly meant well, she wanted to bring her girlfriend the things she liked and she happen to like those flowers. But bringing Joohyun a bouquet of flowers every morning was a bit too much.

Joohyun giggles and at that, Yerim sees how Seulgi’s cheeks dusted with light pinkish color. How cute…

“No, you don’t have to. People usually do it for special occasion.” Seulgi frowns. She thought seeing Joohyun every early morning is a special occasion. She was about to differ but Joohyun beats her to it. “I’d be happy if you just come pick me up without all the flowers.”

And with that, Seulgi settles with a decision that she will start making it a routine to pick Joohyun up from her dorm and take her to her first class. It’s a good exercise too for Seulgi because then she will have to wake up way earlier than she usually does. Seulgi wasn’t done yet though whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter