Fluff

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun never had a sleep as good as she is in right now.

Even her dream is full of fluffy sweet things that she almost doesn’t want to go back to her reality. She’s dreaming of a bunny and a bear and it’s the cutest thing she had ever dreamt of, what makes it better was how she herself resembles the bunny and the bear resembles her girlfriend Seulgi. She feels her heart flutters through the whole night and just the way her body been engulfed the right way in the most affectionate and comforting arm—Joohyun doesn’t want to wake up.

But alas, she still woke up but still didn’t intend to get up.

No, it’s too good for her to miss. Too good for her to not stay in Seulgi’s arm longer, to not stare at Seulgi’s face so closely and hear her steady breathing and how cute she looks though she made a gap with almost carelessly. Seulgi looks so peaceful in her sleep that she doesn’t have the heart to wake her, to even move just an inch—afraid that Seulgi would wake up from her movement. So, she stays there, her head resting on Seulgi’s shoulder blade as her hand draping over Seulgi’s middle like a side-hug. Joohyun couldn’t help but observe Seulgi’s sideview, her sharp jaw, her protruding ear that she finds very cute and for once Joohyun was glad of her own ear because they’re the same with Seulgi’s. Her eyes went down a bit to her neck, quickly putting aside the urge to kiss her there.

Joohyun remembers the event from last night and she immediately got flustered because who would’ve thought she and Seulgi would end up this way? Certainly, she didn’t think Seulgi will make such a huge change.

Joohyun likes to think Seulgi changes for the better. The taller girl confessed how she likes Joohyun for some time but never actually voiced it out to her. She also confessed how she is feeling the small jealousy of seeing Joohyun and Wendy. But what took her by surprise and make her so happy was when Seulgi told her she wanted to try being an actual girlfriend. And she wants to try it with Joohyun, thus asking her to be patient with her slow progress. Of course, progress as in developing feelings for Joohyun.

Even after everything, it still feels surreal.

Joohyun still trying to grasp everything, maybe slightly hoping everything Seulgi said were true and weren’t just words. That Seulgi wasn’t just saying it in the heat of the moment because they did kiss and that can very much trigger those hopeful thoughts.

She sighs audibly, hand starting to move on its own to Seulgi’s collarbone, caressing it with her finger like a feather. The gesture didn’t wake Seulgi at all, she thought she would wake her when Seulgi moved but she didn’t. Instead, Seulgi pulls Joohyun closer to her side. Her eyes were still dopey, half-asleep when she looks at Joohyun and then she just went back to sleep again before inhaling deeply as if she wanted to collect as much air around them.

That’s cute.

Joohyun wants to kiss her but she hesitates. Kissing Seulgi while the girl is pretty much unconscious will look like she’s taking advantages of her vulnerable girlfriend. That’s not okay for her at all. So, she ends up trying to wake the girl up, then maybe give her a small peck for the morning before seriously waking up because really, what time of day is it now?

“Seulgi…” She whispers softly, tapping Seulgi’s shoulder lightly.

Seulgi remained unmoving.

“Seulgi…” She tries with a bit of a louder voice.

Still unmoving.

“Seulgi-ah…” A louder voice and a shake this time.

Seulgi responded with a soft hum, yet still isn’t moving at all.

It is clear now that Seulgi isn’t a morning person type. And she has taken a note that Seulgi can be a hassle to wake from her slumber. Perhaps, Joohyun has to try another way to get her to wake up. First though, Joohyun needs to get up from Seulgi’s protective-like arm around her. Joohyun moves so she can sit up but failed when Seulgi held her firmly in place.

“Yah—Seulgi,” Okay, so Seulgi isn’t actually asleep.

“I’m awake.” She heard Seulgi mutters. It amazes her that in Seulgi’s half-asleep state, she still has such a strong hold on Joohyun. The girl doesn’t even have her eyes open. “Stop moving.” The bear-like girl added, her tone is sounding as if she’s drifting away into her sleep again.

But Joohyun isn’t going to allow that.

Because in all seriousness, though cuddling with Seulgi is one of the best things happened in all her life, they still need to wake up and don’t even forget about their responsibilities as a college student. They need to maintain their absence and turn in their assignments and be present in class for in case there’s a sudden pop quiz (which doesn’t happen all that often but it tends to happen at a random time, it’s hard to keep track).

So, yes, Joohyun has all the right to prevent Seulgi from going back to sleep.

“Y, you have to wake up…” She managed to say, though it came out too weak. She fought all the thoughts about the younger’s sleeping state. How cute she looks and how much Joohyun actually wanted to stay here with her. The thoughts are so tempting—too tempting.

“Mm,” The vibrations on Seulgi’s throat made Joohyun bites her lip. This is not good. She was about to say something else when Seulgi talks again. Less slurred this time. “And I’m awake. I just don’t like to immediately do all the morning routine… I’d like to take my time lying in bed.”

Well, if that’s the case then Joohyun could make an exception.

“Okay, ten minutes. That enough?”

“Fifteen.”

“Five.”

“Yah…” Joohyun held back her giggles hearing Seulgi’s weak whine. It’s really no use bargaining with Joohyun, the more Seulgi ask for more, the more Joohyun give her less. It’s the kind of ‘take it or leave it’ deal.

“Okay, five. But you need to stop moving… Be a good pillow for me, please.”

Honestly, Seulgi doesn’t even need to ask.

Joohyun smiles inwardly, moving slightly one last time to give a light kiss on Seulgi’s jaw. She doesn’t know where this confidence came from but knowing Seulgi is awake enough to talk with her, she thinks it will be fine to finally give her a kiss. She sees the light pink forming on Seulgi’s cheek and there’s a small pride knowing it must be because of the kiss. God, she’s so cute. She put aside the urge to give Seulgi another kiss and just settle herself near Seulgi’s neck, whispering a soft ‘morning’ as she closes her eyes.

What supposed to be five minutes, turned out to be a whole thirty minutes.

Joohyun should’ve known. And to her surprise, she woke up without feeling Seulgi’s warmth wrapping around her. She woke up alone, to the sound of some light chatter outside of the tent she’s in. Clearly, that must be Seulgi. Seems like Seulgi was talking to someone on the phone, so she let her be and went to fetch her own phone somewhere around the tent. Thankfully, it isn’t that hard to find and the first thing she sees on her phone was the digital clock screaming at her—

“!” She quickly slaps her own mouth, slapping it a few times for cursing so loud in the morning—goodness, it’s not even morning anymore!

Joohyun was startled when someone rushes to the tent. It was Seulgi. Her eyes were alarmed, her breath was ragged as she speaks, “What? What happened? Are you okay?” Joohyun felt a bit guilty for making Seulgi so worked up.

“Joohyun, are you okay?” She hadn’t realized when Seulgi climbed inside the tent, her hand touches Joohyun’s arm gently and she’s still look so worried that Joohyun actually like the way Seulgi gives her this much attention to her well-being.

“I, I’m okay—it’s just…” Joohyun held her phone up to Seulgi’s eye-level. “It’s twelve-thirty in the afternoon and we missed the whole morning classes. Sorry, I was just…shocked. It was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter