Restart

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At that moment, Joohyun’s eyes were wide open in shock. Her mind went blank. The only thing she can register is how Seulgi’s citrus scent enters her system and how soft her lips feel against hers. It felt like minutes when the kiss actually only lasted for a mere couple of seconds before Seulgi pull away, yet still having her lips inches away from Joohyun’s nervous ones.

It ends as quick as it started.

“You kissed me.” She pointed out the obvious.

To be completely honest, Joohyun was still playing the short moment they had just a few second ago. It was so surreal, almost as if it felt like it didn’t happen—like it was a short daydream she had. Joohyun nearly doubt the kiss happened for real though she can still feel how soft Seulgi’s lips feel pressed against hers. How despite the kiss lasted for less than a minute, it was enough to make Joohyun see a glimpse of the heaven? She thought maybe it was too much to describe it like that, but she couldn’t find a better way to express it. Seulgi’s kiss did feel like heaven. And for another reason, she can barely even think right now.

“I kissed you.” Seulgi repeated.

She sees how Seulgi looking so stunned, as if she couldn’t believe it either. Maybe she is? Did she do that on impulse… But even when she looks so stunned and taken aback with her own action just now, there is also a hint of relief in her eyes. And Joohyun told herself to stop assuming the negative because maybe, just maybe, there is actually progress with Seulgi. She just doesn’t show it much nor know how to do so.

Looking into Seulgi’s eyes suddenly gives her more feelings than usual, and when she dared to take a short glance down at Seulgi’s lips, she blushes again. “W, why…? I mean, what was that for?”

Seulgi retrieves her hand from Joohyun’s warm cheek (much to Joohyun’s dismay) and Joohyun immediately misses the feeling, lowkey wanting Seulgi to keep touching and caressing her cheek gently. Maybe later. She lets Seulgi shifted in her seat as she looks up at the clear night sky, the moon looks as if it shines brighter tonight along with the stars being its loyal company.

Joohyun waits for her until she starts to speak.

“Honestly, I don’t know.”

Seulgi’s answer puts a frown on the older woman’s face, yet she still waited for her to continue seemingly know that there is more to Seulgi’s answer.

“It felt…right. It felt like the right thing to do, so I did it. I doubt if it was on impulse, if you also wondering that. Maybe because it’s you too, Joohyun… I’m not sure, but there’s so many things with you feels so new to me.”

Joohyun bites her lower lip, feeling a little anxious for no reason. “Is that a good thing?”

“Well, like I said,” Seulgi shrugs again, “It’s the right thing. And the right one is usually the good one.”

She hums, agreeing. “Was it also another thing your unnie taught you?”

“Sort of.”

“You sounded a little unsure.”

“Well, Byulyi-unnie told me a few things. Some pointers on what to do and to avoid. But most importantly, she kept on reminding me to stop being so logical and overthink too much.” Seulgi chuckles at the memory the other night. Her unnie won’t stop telling Seulgi to stop thinking so much and loosen up. “She told me to use my heart for once. Not my head.”

Joohyun was impressed with Byulyi at this point because wow, Yongsun’s girlfriend taught Seulgi really well. She made up her mind right there that she has to meet Byulyi and give the girl a proper thank gratitude.

“Does that mean your heart told you to do it?”

Joohyun doesn’t need to ask, but she wanted it to be clear and coming right from Seulgi’s soft attractive pair of lips.

She watches Seulgi giving up the bright moon up in the sky to look at Joohyun with a smile almost ready to compete the moon itself. Joohyun’s heart skipped a beat again—how many times already?

Then with no hint of uncertainty, she says “Yeah, it had to.”

Joohyun can hardly remember what exactly happen after that, it still feels so unreal to her that Kang Seulgi kissed her first on the lips minutes ago because she thought it felt right and now they’re cuddling inside the comfortable tent as if Seulgi has never hated skinship. It’s still a little weird for Joohyun, she is yet to acknowledge whether Seulgi is changing for her or revealing her hidden sides. She hoped it’s the latter because that would mean Seulgi finally able to open herself up with Joohyun, little by little.

She didn’t get to ask properly about Seulgi’s feelings for her now, but she recalled when Seulgi admitted that she does like Joohyun to an extent. And that should be enough.

It’s good enough…for now.

She lets out a small relief sigh, earning the younger’s attention. “I take it you like this as well as the other skinships.” Oh, liking it is definitely an understatement. But Joohyun settles for the subtler respond.

“Glad to know you finally caught up to my love for skinship.” Joohyun smiles, feeling this conversation will be lighter than earlier and the fact that they’re doing this while Joohyun settles in one of Seulgi’s arms as her own arm draped over Seulgi’s middle only makes it a lot better.

Seulgi’s soft chuckle causes her muscles to flexes and Joohyun couldn’t hide her blush from how good it felt. She tried to push the thought way into the back of her head. Stop being a ert! She scolded herself mentally, relaxing once again when Seulgi speaks.

“If I think about it again, it’s actually so easy to tell. Besides, you told me yourself that you like skinship and you do it regularly.” Joohyun only hums and mutters a soft ‘true’. “Sorry you had to deal with how slow I got myself used to all the skinship. It really took me a while, right?”

“Yeah, but I don’t mind. In fact, I wouldn’t have it any other way. We’ve gone over that long time ago, haven’t we?” Seulgi nods, her hand rubbing Joohyun’s shoulder soothingly. And just the little act like this is enough to set red on her fair cheeks. “When you told me you like me, at the same time, you proved me wrong when I thought there is no progress with your feelings.”

“I think there’s always a little progress… It’s just that I don’t—never—show it to you. And although… I may not know since when I like you, but that can still be considered a progress, right?”

Definitely. Joohyun reaches out to hold Seulgi’s hand while still settling it on top of Seulgi’s toned stomach. “Mmhm… A big one, perhaps.” It wasn’t Joohyun who intertwine their hands, but Seulgi and it sends another funny feeling in her stomach. As if this small act releases a few butterflies inside her.

Seulgi hums, then smiles once she sees Joohyun’s lips forming a sweet bea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter