Uh, oh.

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi doesn’t like her.

Seulgi is the type that likes everybody and everybody likes her back. No matter what first impression it is, Seulgi will try to like that person and they’ll eventually grow soft for Seulgi. It works like that; it always works like that for Seulgi. But this one person… Seulgi doesn’t know why. But she doesn’t like her. What goes through her mind as she witnesses the sight before her eyes—

Which, if you forgotten, it’s her girlfriend sharing a tight hug with that girl Seulgi doesn’t like.

Seulgi doesn’t even know who she is.

Why she’s acting so close to her girlfriend?

Seulgi never even saw her before, so what is she doing right now? Is she Joohyun’s friend too? But Seulgi doesn’t know her at all, nor Joohyun ever mention about this girl. Joohyun told Seulgi she has two close friends, Seulgi met one of them, Wendy and Seulgi knows the other one too, Joy. The tall friend Seulgi once saw at the library before Joohyun ever thought of confessing to Seulgi. But never this one girl. All Seulgi knows was that she doesn’t like her and the fact that she’s being so comfortable and close with her girlfriend.

On the other hand, Yerim, who was standing next to her and also witnessing what Seulgi is seeing, starting to sense something bad is coming at her favorite couple. This is bad. Yerim thought once she steals a glance to Seulgi and down to her clenched fists. She really doesn’t like this.

Yerim was about to say something when Seulgi suddenly taking her steps towards her girlfriend and whoever that other girl she’s hugging. A tiny part of her wondered if she will witness Seulgi getting angry or pissed and then start acting possessive over her girlfriend—Yerim thought it’ll be so cute though. But it also worries her seeing how hard Seulgi clenching her fists, she looked like she was going to punch that girl’s face so hard she’d faint. So, Yerim rushes to match Seulgi’s pace, ready to prevent the ugly worst scenario.

When they’re five feet away, Joohyun and that girl separated. Joohyun notices Seulgi and smiles at her, she was ready to give her a sweet greeting and maybe give a small kiss on the cheek too. But her smile falters when Seulgi only walk pass her without sparing a single look. Not even something as little as a glance. Joohyun also notices how Seulgi’s face seemed extremely annoyed, as if she’s in a bad mood or something.

Yerim was glad but also as surprised when her unnie end up not doing anything but walk pass those girls. She didn’t follow Seulgi, but stopping once she’s a foot away from her unnie’s girlfriend. She eyes Joohyun and the girl. Before she can say anything, the girl already beat her to it, asking to Joohyun.

“Do you know that girl?”

Joohyun, who was frowning at the retreating back of her girlfriend, turned to the girl. “Hm? Oh, yeah… She’s, um…”

When she stuttered, it makes Yerim frown. Why would she hesitate, right?

“Her girlfriend.” Yerim cutting off casually, making both Joohyun and the girl paying their attention to her. “Hi, I’m Kim Yerim. Joohyun-unnie’s girlfriend’s cousin.” She holds her open palm towards the girl who was still a bit surprised with what Yerim said.

Instead of accepting Yerim’s hand, the girl turns her attention to Joohyun instead as if wanting Joohyun to confirm it herself.

Wow, rude. Yerim thought.

Joohyun blushes and refuse to look back at her when she mutters, “Yeah, the girl earlier. She’s my girlfriend and this is her cousin, Yerim.”

Only after that did the girl turn back to Yerim and accepted the handshake with a smile. “Sorry, I was a bit surprised there. Last time I checked, Hyunnie isn’t someone who would get herself a girlfriend and the way that girl was acting doesn’t look like she even knows her. Anyway, my name’s Jennie, Kim Jennie. You can call me ‘Jennie’, nice to meet you.”

The moment Yerim heard how Jennie talks, she sensed that this girl is bad news.

She tries to not show it though. “Me too. And my cousin is probably just in a bad mood. Don’t worry, she’s a really nice person once you know her. Right, unnie?” Joohyun was startled when Yerim asked her, she was too focused in thinking about what could Seulgi be thinking earlier. What is it that bothered Seulgi until she looked so pissed that she didn’t even spare Joohyun a small glance?

But she was quick to give a small smile at Yerim and Jennie to hide their suspicion. “Yeah, she’s not usually like that.”

Unfortunately, Jennie didn’t share the same thought.

“Really? Because it’s clear to me that she’s neglecting you.”

Yerim was ready to differ. “No, she wasn’t—”

“Guys, let’s not dwell on it anymore. I’ll talk to Seulgi, I bet it’s nothing serious.” Joohyun put on her best encouraging smile to convince Yerim and Jennie, especially Jennie because obviously Jennie doesn’t seem to like how Seulgi acted just now. “Stop frowning, it’s all good. Um, what’s your number now? I’ll contact you later, we definitely need to catch up and all.”

“Where are you going anyway?” Jennie asked instead.

“Just the library—”

“Then I’ll just come with you.”

Once again, Yerim tries to meddle in despite she only knew Jennie a few seconds ago but she feels like it won’t be a good idea if Jennie comes along to Joohyun and Seulgi’s library date. Seulgi surely won’t like it. Besides, Yerim was sure that whatever the couple do at the library must be something boring. There’s just no point if Jennie comes along.

“No, you can’t!” It apparently came out too loud for Yerim’s liking.

“Well, why can’t I? The library’s open for everyone, right?”

“Well, it’s boring. They’ll probably spend the time reading books and not talking, tell me if I’m wrong.”

Joohyun couldn’t deny that fact. Indeed, all of their “library dates” consists only them reading books, sometimes Joohyun write and review a few notes from class but really, all Seulgi is doing was just reading books after books. When she’s done with one, she would have another one to start. The only time they would talk was when Seulgi offers Joohyun to eat dinner together or if she has to excuse herself to go to a meeting. But those are all in the past, right? Seulgi did say something about wanting to try and be a better girlfriend for Joohyun. And it would be a lie if Joohyun didn’t anticipate the little changes Seulgi has for her.

Also, she wants to introduce Jennie to Seulgi. She needs to properly introduce Seulgi as her girlfriend to Jennie—oh wait, does she also need to tell Seulgi that Jennie was her first love? She has to tell her at some point, but maybe not now.

“You’re not wrong, Yerim but it’s okay if Jennie wants to tag along.”

Jennie chuckles instead. The three of them started walking in the direction of the campus library. She casually draped an arm across Joohyun’s shoulders, pulling Joohyun closer to her side. Joohyun was startled yet didn’t push Jennie away. Yerim was not so happy with what she’s seeing. Jennie is clearly someone close to Joohyun and not like a regular friend because they both acting far too comfortable with each other. Joohyun and Seulgi doesn’t even act this comfortable together.

“Are you guys bestfriends?” Yerim decided to ask. She hates having to guess stuff.

Jennie was the one answering. “Yeah, you can say that. But maybe more than bestfriends too.” The way Jennie said it holds a small amount of ambiguity in it. As if she was implying something. Joohyun though gives her a playful shove at Jennie’s answer.

“Yeah, right.” Then proceeds to roll her eyes. Jennie no longer holding Joohyun’s smaller frame as they walk. “We went to the same High School. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter