You Look Like You're In Love

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was tasked to take her dear little cousin to her place. The apartment Seulgi is currently living in. The younger girl insisted to stay with Seulgi because she hates having to stay at another place (whether an apartment as well or a condominium or even a penthouse). Yerim is a brat who loves living expensively indeed, but she also admitted that every luxurious thing she owns will be nothing without another person enjoying it with her. That's why Yerim is one of the popular girls in her school. She has so many friends from the regular ones all the way to the famous ones–oh, that singer Kim Taeyeon? Hwang Tiffany? Even some famous figures from Hollywood.

It's crazy thinking about Yerim's popularity. Her circle of friends is something she's very proud of and Seulgi can't really relate to her sometimes.

But it's really nice that no matter how popular she becomes or how many new people come into her life, she would still remember her favorite unnie and that is the one and only Kang Seulgi.

Before they head to Seulgi's apartment, she drove them both to the studio where Byulyi works as a dance teacher for little kids. Her original plan was to switch cars with Byulyi and let Yerim see her second favorite unnie. Yerim was excited for finally meeting Byulyi again after so long.

"Is Byul-unnie still dating Yongsun-unnie?" Seulgi gives an affirmative nod. "Whoa… Why don't they just get married then? It's been, what, four years?"

"People don't just get married. Besides, they're still fairly young."

"Lots of people get married when they're young."

"You mean people get MBA?"

"What does this have anything to do with basketball, unnie?"

"MBA, Yerimie. Not NBA." Yerim giggles, she was just messing with her unnie. And Yerim knows what MBA stands for; Married by Accident. It's when teenagers do reckless free and end up being pregnant at such a young age and then was forced to get married. It happens a lot in this twenty-first century era.

After two turns in intersections, Seulgi finally parked the car by the sidewalk right in front of the dance studio.

"Unnie!" Yerim cheered once she spotted Byulyi the moment the stepped into the practice room.

Byulyi's eyes went wide in shock when she heard that voice.

From that distance, Seulgi could see how Byulyi resisted the urge to run towards Yerim–however, her dear cousin, couldn't exactly hold herself as she sprinted towards Byulyi. Well, the sight hurt Seulgi a little because why did Yerim seem to be more excited seeing Byulyi than Seulgi at the airport? But oh well, Seulgi knew better than being petty over a little thing like that.

Byulyi managed to excused herself from her students and took Yerim and Seulgi outside of the practice room.

"Sorry, I can't let you guys inside for long. I've had one strike when I brought Yongsun here." Byulyi explained, smiling.

"It's okay, unnie. I was just here for this." Seulgi pulled up the car key in her hand, letting it jingle with the cute hamster and squirtle keychains. Along with this, Seulgi was smiling almost smugly. Byulyi caught it immediately.

". You stayed the night with her."

At that statement, Seulgi immediately blushed. She tries hard to not act all shy though.

"Well,"

Seulgi averted her eyes to Yerim for a second, noting that the youngest was listening carefully. Yerim must know Byulyi was talking about Irene. Seulgi her lips slowly and gulp subtly (it's not so subtle).

She the shrugged her shoulders. "Well, it was late."

Byulyi scoffed at the lame excuse.

Yerim narrowed her eyes.

They didn't believe her.

Seulgi sigh deeply and admit defeat. "Fine. It was part of the plan since you suggested that staying with her longer would be better."

Meanwhile, Yerim looks extremely interested with everything the two unnies are talking about. She knows it's about Seulgi who apparently stayed the night with Irene. And it looks like that just happened last night. She will probably dig deeper behind this.

"I didn't suggest you to stay the night though–" Seulgi felt a little betrayed hearing that. "But it's good! I can tell it went well, huh?" Byulyi smirks at the lack of details in Seulgi’s answer.

Seulgi scratches her nape softly, avoids Byulyi's and Yerim's eyes. "Sort of. Um, yeah, anyway, I was just stopping by because Yerim wants to see you and I wanted to get my car." Byulyi took the keys and spares her a knowing look. She figured Seulgi has more things to tell to her but not now when Yerim is here too.

Well, eventually, she will tell Yerim too about Irene.

And perhaps, about what her mother told her as well.

They bid goodbye after Yerim made Byulyi promise to treat her special cooking. Byulyi has always been the best cook between Seulgi, Yerim and even Yongsun. They settled with a plan to hang out at Seulgi's place sometime this week.

"Invite your girl, Seul!"

Her girl.

Well, I guess it is now a good time to introduce Joohyun properly to my friends.

--

On the way back, Seulgi and Yerim had a few small topics and the one that intrigued Yerim was when they started talking about Seulgi’s circle of friends. It’s not like Yerim doubted Seulgi’s ability to have many friends, it’s just she knows Seulgi would rather not have so many people entering her life.

Still, Seulgi has friends too but close ones are definitely only restricted to Byulyi and Yongsun. Yerim said those aren't friends when Seulgi always refuse to hang out with them. She reasoned that she agreed to go to a party with them one time and quickly decided that a party isn't really Seulgi's environment. She felt like an alien the whole time being there and wished she can just go home already. Yerim told her that's exactly why she doesn't have as many friends as Yerim.

Of course, Seulgi reasoned again by naming a few people she remembered. The ones that often join in her table without the intention of confessing their feelings to Seulgi. There are…a few of them. Actually, there are quite many people but Seulgi only remembered some. Three girls go by the name Kim Jisoo, Yoo Shia, Jo Eunae and two guys, Lee Taeyong and Park Jimin. However, like Yerim suspected, Seulgi don't hang out with those people on a regular basis. They’re fun to talk to and sometimes joke around, but that’s it.

In the end, Seulgi admitted that ‘getting friends’ wasn’t something she pays her close attention to. Yerim gets it and decided to not push more into the topic. Instead, she asked Seulgi if she can meet her girlfriend tomorrow.

At the mention of ‘your girlfriend’, Seulgi suddenly feels her cheeks getting hot. "Uh, yeah. In fact, I was supposed to pick her up at her dorm in the morning, you can tag along if you want."

Yerim didn't immediately answer to Seulgi's offer. When Seulgi take a small glance at her cousin, the latter was staring at her as if she's admiring Seulgi's face. That's a little weird.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Seulgi asked, looking back and forth from Yerim and the road ahead.

"Wow, unnie…"

"Why? What is it? Something on my face?"

"No, but I wonder how long have you been dating her?” Yerim asked, finally stop staring at her unnie.

Seulgi proudly says, “Four months.”

“What?!” Seulgi once again almost step on that break which could cause either a collision or whoever it is behind them to crash their car. “That long?!”

When she was meant to look at Yerim’s way with a glare, Yerim was already looking back at her with wide eyes. It looks like Yerim couldn’t believe what Seulgi just said. Seulgi wondered if it’s really that surprising… Byulyi and Yongsun practically had the same reaction about it. Maybe Yerim was the same. She doesn’t like the fact that Seulgi didn’t tell her anything about it and she had to find out herself through social media and the news.

But boy, was Seulgi wrong.

“Sorry, unnie. But you’ve been dating for four months and yet you’re still picking her up at her dorm? Wow, that’s actually really sweet. I mean, the honeymoon phase usually only last for a month or two and then it wears out. But I guess it’s different with some people, like you and Irene-unnie for example.”

Seulgi would like to ask about the ‘honeymoon phase’ Yerim talked about earlier but she was focusing more on the topic where Yerim seemed to mistaken a small detail there. The fact that Seulgi only started doing this yesterday during the whole four months of dating. Technically speaking, Seulgi can just dodge Yerim’s mistake and play along – but doing that would feel like she’s lying to her dear cousin. Thus, she will straight things up for Yerim.

“Um, Yerimie…” She started, scratching her nape nervously. She hoped Yerim won’t be mad knowing the truth. Seulgi still remembered how disappointed Byulyi was when she told her about it. “I’m only started doing this—picking her up and all—just yesterday. Well, technically it was two days ago but I kind of failed on the first day so it doesn’t really count.”

“Wait, I get what you’re saying but…”

Seulgi nods her head, eyes unable to look at Yerim as she keeps driving. The rest of the trip to Seulgi’s place was filled with Seulgi telling Yerim about her and Irene. She slipped by calling Irene with her Korean name because she was used to call Irene that way.

And just like her mother mistook Seulgi to be dating two girls at a time, Yerim almost thought so too. Seulgi was quick to tell her they're the same person.

"Oh, so it's like me…" Yerim trails off, leaving Seulgi wondering if Yerim also has another name for herself. "It's a thing these days, unnie. My english name is Katie by the way. Do you have any, unnie?"

Seulgi shakes her head. Negative.

"Should I make one for you then?"

"Please, don't…" Seulgi sighs.

Seulgi proceeds to tell Yerim more about what happened. The young blonde was upset after she heard it. She lands a few slaps on Seulgi's forearm while saying that Seulgi shouldn't have treated her girlfriend the way she did. Saying that it was very insensitive of her and she should stop using work and her lack of knowledge in dating as an excuse. Seulgi didn't stop her cousin from hitting her, she knew what she did was wrong anyway.

When Yerim calmed down, Seulgi told her that she and Irene have talked it out and now Seulgi will do her best to be a much better girlfriend for Irene.

"You better! Ugh, if I were her, I wouldn't even give you a second chance, unnie."

"Now that's a bit too harsh…"

"Well, you're not exactly treating her right either."

Seulgi dipped her head once she parked the car. Yerim was honestly feeling so upset and disappointed. She expected better. She knows work is important to Seulgi but the way she portrays Irene as if she was just a new addition to her life. Just something new to spice up the boring life. It's not okay for Yerim. But Seulgi also explained to Yerim that she wanted to try to be better, that she knows she was wrong and willing to try again. And so, Yerim decided to let her cousin take her shot.

"I'm really sorry–"

"No need to apologize. I'm not Irene-unnie anyway." Yerim unfastened her seatbelt and motion to open her door. She looks at Seulgi who's still dipping her head down in guilt. Maybe she was being a bit too much. "Unnie, it's okay. I'm not mad so stop sulking."

Seulgi lifted her head, eyes full of hope to back at Yerim.

"But I'll watch you! So, make sure you do it right."

"I promise."

Promise.

Well, at least Seulgi really means it. Yerim knows Seulgi never back down on her promises and when she gives her that, she better put all her bet on it.

"Good. And can you unlock this door already?"

Seulgi helped Yerim settle down at her place. Because Yerim came to Korea unannounced, Seulgi didn't have the time to clean up the guest room. It was just a spare room whenever Byulyi has to stay over at her place. Seulgi planned to turn it into an art room, just simply put up her art stuff in there so she won't make a mess around her place. But Seulgi got busy with the company that the plan seemed to be forgotten. Well, at least now she can have Yerim use that room for her.

"Seulgi-unnie, I'm starving." Yerim whined, sprawled on Seulgi's couch while Spongebob was playing on TV.

It's cute how Yerim never really changed. She may have a new hair, grew a few centimeters taller and dressed more maturely. But Yerim is still her dear little cousin Yerim who loves to whine about things to Seulgi and Seulgi always spoil her in return.

"Should we eat out?" Seulgi was a bit hesitant. Yerim looked too lazy to even part away from her couch. "Or I can call some take out from that chicken resto you like so much."

And at the mention of her favorite chicken restaurant, Yerim's ears perked in interests as she got up from the comfortable couch, grinning from ear-to-ear and then she pecked Seulgi's cheek.

"You're the best, unnie!"

Fifteen minutes later, Yerim was so into whatever that is on TV while Seulgi was busy being in a call with her mother. Seulgi asked her mother more time to think and then talk with her girlfriend and earlier, her mother agreed to give her time. Unfortunately, the rumors and news about Seulgi having a girlfriend arrived sooner to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter