Call Me Baby

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was sure Seulgi was experiencing jealousy.

Well, she could be wrong but she was so sure that Seulgi must felt jealousy towards Jennie and herself. It just shows, you know. Joohyun can see how it fits in the story because why else would Seulgi be so pissed towards Jennie when she barely even knows her. Seulgi was jealous and she tried hard to not show it in front of everyone especially Joohyun herself.

It’s kind of cute, Joohyun thinks.

The way Seulgi turned a little possessive just a moment ago before she walked out the library all the while having Joohyun’s hand in hers. And honestly, it was also because this is yet another Seulgi’s first-time in their relationship. At the same time though, it was a little concerning. Because this is Seulgi’s first-time being jealous of someone else who’s close to Joohyun, no one can pretty much expect what would Seulgi do about her jealousy.

This far though, Seulgi handled it well.

Seulgi didn’t throw a tantrum, Seulgi didn’t confront Jennie, Seulgi did act cold and a little more distant towards Jennie but she didn’t try to pick up a fight or anything. The only moment where Seulgi lost her cool was when she used the word ‘girlfriend’ to address Joohyun and how she looked like she doesn’t want to share her girlfriend with anyone—specifically someone who goes by the name ‘Jennie’.

Joohyun was surprised when that happened and that was when she knew what is going on with Seulgi, her girlfriend, she was jealous.

“I don’t like her, Joohyun.”

“But why? She hasn’t done anything and you barely know her, Seulgi…” The way Seulgi said it doesn’t sit well with Joohyun. It sounded as if Seulgi was judging Jennie without actually knowing her and as someone who was once close with Jennie, Joohyun doesn’t like that.

“She’s loud and she disturbed my reading time.”

“We both know that can’t be the only reason.”

Joohyun thinks those are not enough reasons for Seulgi to not like Jennie. Also, Joohyun knew Seulgi has been feeling off since the first time she and Jennie met. Maybe they just got off the wrong foot for first impression on each other. Joohyun will try and see them work that out later in the future but for now, Joohyun wanted to hear it herself from Seulgi the actual reason why she was so on edge when it comes to Jennie.

“Why do you hate her?”

Seulgi looks at her as if she doesn’t like the way Joohyun put it.

“I don’t like her, but I don’t hate her.”

“Care to tell me why then?” Joohyun sighs. “You’re both close to me. You as my girlfriend and Jennie as my best friend. Jennie and I have been separated for so long and when I saw her again earlier, I was excited to introduce you to her… But it looks like you already dislike her the moment you met her.”

Seulgi looks away and put a short pause before answering.

With a small voice, Seulgi says, “She’s touching you a lot and…earlier it was as if she’s trying to take you away from me.”

It became clearer now.

“’Take me away’?”

“Yes, she insisted to take you out.”

Seulgi is definitely jealous.

Seeing and noticing this already, Joohyun kept on pushing.

“But it’s not like we have any plan tonight either, right? Jen was probably just wanted to spend some time with me because it’s been so long since the last time, we see each other.” Joohyun’s response drew creased eyebrows on Seulgi’s face but before Joohyun can ask what was wrong, Seulgi sighed and her face soften.

“Yeah… You’re right.” Seulgi ran a hand through her hair, pulling strands of hair to the back in a somehow very attractive way. Joohyun nearly got herself distracted. “I’m sorry, I just… I didn’t like it when she touches you too much. I don’t know why but I just don’t like it. Also, does she always call you like that?”

“Like what? ‘Hyunnie’?”

“Yes.”

Ahh, this is too cute. Joohyun couldn’t help but giggles in her head. Seulgi just looks too cute right now because her face looks serious, like she always does but the words she’s saying is all about her being jealous over such little things and Joohyun doesn’t know why it makes her girlfriend look extra cute.

“Well, of course, yeah. She’s been calling me with that name since we were still in High School.”

Seulgi seems to lost the battle—not that it was a fight anyway. But it looks like Seulgi doesn’t have anything else to say and Joohyun take the initiative to step forward and hug her. Joohyun has been holding in the urge to hug and kiss her but she thought she’d better settle for a hug now; the kiss can come soon after.

As cute as it is to see Seulgi be jealous of her and Jennie. Joohyun still doesn’t see why should Seulgi be so jealous because after all, she and Jennie are only friends—even Jennie introduced herself as Joohyun’s close friend from High School. So, why should Seulgi make a big deal out of it and feel jealous? Seulgi even get to introduce herself as ‘the girlfriend’, surely that would make it a lot more obvious.

Anyway, all Joohyun wanted was for Jennie and Seulgi to meet and try to be friends. She was sure they can be good friends, Joohyun know how Jennie is and she also starting to get to know more about Seulgi as well, she thought having them become friends wouldn’t be so hard…right? Like she first thought, they’re just got off the wrong foot the first time they met. Joohyun should be able to fix that with no sweat.

So, she ends up with a small plan.

“How about we hang out? All three of us.” Joohyun pulls back only to see a small frown on Seulgi’s face. She quickly tries to explain her intention for purposing that idea. “You see, because you’re my girlfriend and she’s my best friend, I really want you two to get along. I can assure you that Jennie is an amazing person. She’s just really playful when it comes to me, I can bet she didn’t mean anything bad. I mean, why would she, right? You guys barely know each other anyway.”

But even with her explanation, Seulgi stays silent with her frown.

In fact, her frown only gets deepened.

Joohyun almost thinks Seulgi really didn’t like that idea at all, but it was quickly washed away when Seulgi says, “Okay, let’s do that.” And that really took Joohyun by surprise. That was easy, maybe almost too easy.

“You’re okay with it?”

Seulgi simply nods, “Yes, I should try to get to know her. Like you said.”

The way Seulgi just agrees to Joohyun’s idea makes Joohyun feels impressed at how Seulgi handle herself. Joohyun was ready to talk Seulgi out of it if she were to refuse her idea, but who knew she would be this way. It only gives her more of the urge to kiss this bear-like girl in front of her. But for some reason, Joohyun feels shy thinking of kissing Seulgi out in the open so she held back a smile and just climbed in the car, Seulgi followed after in the driver seat.

The moment Seulgi sat down and was about to put the seatbelt on, Joohyun grabs Seulgi by the collar to face her while tilting her head to the side and in the next second Seulgi knew, Joohyun’s lips were already on hers.

Despite of how Joohyun take a fist of Seulgi’s collar only to pull her closer, the kiss she delivers was not anything close to being rough. It was soft and feather-like and yes, it was very surprising for Seulgi that her eyes went wide during the whole five second kiss.

When Joohyun pulls away, Seulgi can see how red Joohyun cheeks are from her earlier stunt.

Seulgi was sure she’s sporting exactly the same color on her own cheeks and a very dumbfounded look on her face. Her eyes met Joohyun’s and Seulgi was feeling something at the pit of her stomach, she can feel her heart is beating increasingly faster than usual—it always beat fast at certain moments when she’s with Joohyun but this time, it’s like it was beating ridiculously ten times faster. Seulgi nearly panicked because she thought her heart is going to burst out of her ribcage any second.

“Seul?” Joohyun’s voice takes Seulgi back from her train of thoughts.

“Uh, sorry. What were you saying?”

“I haven’t said anything.” Gosh, Seulgi really lost it. “Are you okay?”

Seulgi looks away.

She couldn’t believe that she literally lost herself while staring at Joohyun’s beautiful face.

But can she even blame herself? Joohyun looked even prettier up close and what more when the said girl just kissed her out of nowhere, a kiss that supposed to be something Seulgi used to at this point but she was sure she was taken breathless, as if it was the very first time their lips touched.

“Yes, I’m okay… I was just…surprised.” Seulgi’s answer doesn’t seem to satisfy Joohyun because Joohyun is giving her a look that says she’s not buying it. So, Seulgi take a small look at her and smile a little. “Really, it’s nothing. You just surprised me.”

“Really?” Joohyun relaxes on her seat, leaning her back against the soft leather and yet still looking at Seulgi’s side profile.

Seulgi put her attention to the road once she turns on the ignition of her car, ready to drive and hopefully stop thinking about how Joohyun’s lips felt a minute ago. She nods her head, reassuring Joohyun before stepping on the gas.

“Sorry, I’ve been wanting to kiss you earlier.” Joohyun unconsciously bites her lower lip a little after saying that, Seulgi caught it and mentally curse in her head because Joohyun always make her feel things whenever she bites her lower lip like that. “Anyway, since you and Jennie going to meet again, I feel the need to tell you a few pointers. You know, just so you wouldn’t be so surprised if she mentions a few things in the past.”

The bear-like girl hums, encouraging Joohyun to keep talking.

Joohyun then asks, “But um, do you have anything you wanna know?”

‘Anything you wanna know’?

Well, now that Joohyun asked, Seulgi was ready to throw a few of questions that’s been lingering in her mind ever since her not-so-friendly encounter with Jennie. One thing she notices very well was how Jennie is so comfortable doing skinship with Joohyun and how she can easily compliment Joohyun—well, for that matter, Seulgi can also compliment Joohyun easily, but that’s just rarely happens. Seulgi need to do something about it.

“How close you are with her? Back then, I mean.”

“Really close. Even closer than my friends now, I think? We’re quite inseparable. I actually liked her a lot—” Joohyun suddenly stops, why is she mentioning her feelings for Jennie back then? That’s a bit too much of information. She takes a short glance at Seulgi, waiting for a response.

Seulgi didn’t react.

“Seul…?”

“Hm?” It confuses Joohyun seeing Seulgi’s reaction knowing Joohyun used to like Jennie a lot. She seems almost as if she didn’t care even after admitting how she jealous she was seeing Jennie and Joohyun interact. Is this Seulgi trying to be understanding or Seulgi really doesn’t care?

Anyway, it should be a good sign, right?

Maybe Seulgi gets it and she know that she no longer has romantic feelings for her best friend.

“Um, nothing. Anyway, what else you wanna know?”

Seulgi nods her head, giving a short pause before throwing her another question.

Which is something Joohyun didn’t expect to be her next question if she has to be honest.

“Do you still like her a lot now? Does she like you just as much?”

“Uh, well… No, I mean, I like her but it’s not like that anymore. It’s been years we’ve lost contact of each other since she went overseas to study, so we haven’t been in touch at all. And I think…the same goes for her.” Joohyun cringes at the way she explains things. She doesn’t sound so sure. “It’s not like I know if she ever liked me as much as I did, I just noticed that she liked me…but it’s been so long, I doubt whatever she had back then will still be there.”

Seulgi once again didn’t respond to Joohyun’s answer.

It somehow makes Joohyun a little anxious that she had to bit her lower lip while asking, “Do…do you get what I’m saying?”

“Mmhm, yes. I understand everything… So, after all this time not being in contact, she decided to come back and see you again?”

That question got Joohyun thinking.

Was it really like that?

There’s no way Jennie only come back to see Joohyun, she probably has a few things to take care here in Korea and then maybe she remembered Joohyun so she decided to come visit her at the campus, for old time’s sake. Besides, they were once really close. Now that she thinks about it, it’s really sweet of Jennie that she still remembers Joohyun even though they no longer talk to each other for years.

“I don’t know, actually. I didn’t get to ask, maybe later when we all hang out.”

Seulgi didn’t ask furthermore once they arrived at a restaurant.

It’s not because Seulgi ran out of things to say, she just ends up thinking about Joohyun’s feelings towards Jennie—no, maybe it’s more about Jennie’s feelings towards Joohyun because Joohyun is dating Seulgi, there’s no way Joohyun will have special feelings for Jennie whilst dating Seulgi, right?

Seulgi looks up from her food, watching how Joohyun eats and the thought still lingers in Seulgi’s head.

Joohyun can’t be having feelings for Jennie when she’s with Seulgi.

She said it herself, her feelings for Jennie is not like it was back then. So, there’s just no way Joohyun would be like that. But then how about Jennie herself? What if Jennie used to like her too and her feelings for Joohyun remains the same. At this sudden thought, Seulgi’s eyes narrows. She didn’t like it. She didn’t like how if that were true, then Jennie coming back here won’t be good for Seulgi.

“Seulgi!” At the unusual loud tone Joohyun used, Seulgi snaps back from her train of thoughts.

Seulgi tries to apologize for not paying attention. “S, sorry.”

But instead of being mad at her, Joohyun softens a little. “Are you okay? You’ve been staring at me with…that look. I don’t know, it makes me think you’re upset about something. Are you really?”

“No, no. I was just thinking. I’m sorry.”

“What are you thinking about?”

Seulgi looks at her for a couple of second before saying, “It’s nothi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter