Okay

Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Seulgi.

A sophomore student at Korea National University of Arts. In the department of fine art. Physically, she has the average height and unbeknown to herself, she has earned a ‘charming bear' title for being a gentlewoman by nature. She believes it was part of her family traits; mostly known as ‘The Kang Traits'. Though she's very charming, she is indeed never actually seen together with anyone and to be quite honestly, other students couldn’t stop wondering about the truth of Kang Seulgi. She has friends, but never a boyfriend nor girlfriend.

Why she never dated anyone?

Why she always declined all offers?

Why she uses most of her time inside a library?

Yes, why indeed. Seulgi was either seen inside her class, walking casually in the hallways to her locker, goes to the library and only comes out later around five to six in the evening. Seulgi doesn’t really like being watched and at first it was distracting her a lot. Being famously known around school is nothing new, it’s uncomfortable enough when people treat her as THE Kang Seulgi when she only wants to be Seulgi. Students in her former schools—junior high and high school—will never bother looking at her because everyone is so determined of their own things. Most students going to her former schools were almost a hundred percent heirs of their parents' companies. And of course, Kang Seulgi is one, too.

Being the first child of her family, Kang Seulgi's future is already set under her two feet. A burden she always carries ever since she cries for the first time the minute she was born to this world. Her parents are the greatest parents but Seulgi sometimes felt as if she needs to pay for the happiness once she's old enough for her parents.

She doesn’t know if her age is even old enough.

But she's a lot taller now.

She understands so many things.

And she believes this heritance is the payment she has to pay.

Seulgi loves her parents too much to let them down. So, she agreed when her father introduced herself to her own future. How great it sounded coming from her father yet Seulgi knows that everything felt as if they're empty. But what Seulgi is feeling doesn’t matter, what matter is her responsibility as the only daughter who will run the whole company. Seulgi is normally a kind person, this is also the reason why she has the title ‘charming bear’ and her physical appearance is no joke. She’s the epitome of being able to look incredibly cute and handsome at the same time (and she’s not even a guy). She also resembles a cute bear most of the time, thus ‘charming bear’ was born.

Seulgi was okay with it. It’s harmless and the nickname kind of growing on her after some time. Several girls and boys have tried to go out of their way to come at Seulgi and confess their feelings, their attraction towards Seulgi, but Seulgi never actually accepted them. She refused, in the politest way and still being charming at the same time (don’t ask me how she do it, really) at every single one of those people.

She wasn’t interested in dating.

It was just that simple.

She has no time for it. She’s okay with having a few friends, but to actually date one of them, Seulgi was sure she wouldn’t have much time for them and in the end, she will only hurt them. That’s something Seulgi doesn’t want to do. With her entering college and at the same time, her father falling sick at the start of her sophomore year. Seulgi has to concentrate on both her college and study more about business.

Her mother asked her to take her time, don’t rush, but Seulgi couldn’t just act as if everything is okay. Not when she heard the doctor said her father’s health only gotten worse. Ever since her father was sent to the hospital, Seulgi was assigned to attend a few meetings in her father’s presence. It was nerve wrecking at first but she gets it that this is only one of the things she will do in the future. She needs to get used to this. She needs to befriend these gentlemen and also all the ladies. Her father was pleased when he heard one of his men reported the meeting to him.

But he also said that Seulgi still need to learn more about business, she needs to shape up her skill more to be able to handle the whole company. He eventually suggested Seulgi to quit college and focus on learning for the company. Seulgi had to decline the offer. She doesn’t want shortcut, and most certainly she doesn’t want work to mess with the things she loves to do—doing art. Besides, this is part of the deal. The company got Seulgi, Seulgi got to keep her hobbies.

Seulgi wants to pursue art so she told her parents she wants to study and majoring art in college. She was able to convinced her parents through her steady rank in high school. She was aiming for Korea National University of Arts and at the same time, she will also learn more about business for the company. It’s a win-win solution, as Seulgi told them.

Therefore, Seulgi has to schedule everything to her liking.

Seulgi’s class usually starts in the morning at eight a.m and end around three p.m. From around three or four, Seulgi will spend a good amount of two hours in the library, reading and studying about business before heading to the hospital, c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter