Prologue:

If Time Could Stop The Moment We Met

 

 In the year 1921………..

            “Look at the kids playing.” Said Mr. Lee as he sits on the patio under the white wood roof.

            “The sound of laughter reminds us of our childhood.” Said Mr. Hwang as he watches the kids run around in the garden. “I see bright future in all the kids. Especially your youngest son.”

            Mr. Lee glances at the boy in his early teen running after his brothers. Not one smile when he looks at that boy who has a smile like his mother, a woman he once accused of having affair with another mysterious man. Before he could prove her innocent, she had already left this world. Now, only looking at the son, he sees her again. The smile. The eyes. It all reminded him of his second wife. “The future is too far to tell. Right now, I only care is the present.”

            Mr. Hwang lightly chuckles. “I heard he’s in the care of Yoo Jaesuk.”

            “Yes, he is.”

            Mr. Hwang. “Yoo Jaesuk is a good man that is very wise in every step he takes. If Jaesuk accepts the little boy as his student, then the little boy will definitely turn into a talented young man in the future.

            “We will see.” Said Mr. Lee holding up the cup of tea and take a sip from the cup.

            “You can’t catch me.” Said one of the boys running along with other kids in the garden.

            “Run. Run” Said another young kid.

             A second youngest boy runs around in a small garden in the back of the big house. He was playing tag with a few other kids in the house. The garden fills with lovely laughter from the kids having fun in the garden. The boy trick on the rock and fall to the ground, scratching his palm. The boy shed a couple tears as he bears the pain. He was a little far from Mr. Lee. The other kids have gone to somewhere else in the garden. The little boy leans against the rock for support as he holds his right hand up. The little girl walking with her father sees the boy seating on the ground staring at the scratches on his palm with teardrops gliding down his cheek. She let go of her father hand and walks over to him. Bend down to her knees, she takes sees blood. Quickly the girl takes out a handkerchief and wraps over the scratches on the boy wound. The boy looks at her in shock, surprised by her action. He stares at him calming and softly as she wraps his right hand gently, finishing with a couple knots to secure the handkerchief wraps on his right hand.

            “There. This should stop the bleeding.” Said the little girl with smiles.

            The boy looks at her, still shock and confused about what all happen. “Thank you.” He said before look at the nice wrap handkerchief over his wound.

            “Be careful next time. When you go home, wash the blood off and apply medicine to it so that it doesn’t leave marks.” She said in a cheerful tone.

            “Thank you. I will remember it. I have something for you.” Said the boy with smiles. He takes out a little white jar and opens the lid. He grabs and hold her right hand out in front of him and pour the jar over her palm. A candy drop into her hand. “This is for you.” He said. “My name is Lee Nichkhun. What is your name?” He asked her.

            “My name is Kim Taeyeon.” The little Taeyeon happily said.

            “Nice to meet you Taeyeon.” Said the teen Nichkhun with his left hand out in between them.

            “Nice to meet you.” The little Taeyeon grab his hand and hand-shake with a bright smile.

            The two bright smiles as they look at each other as the sound of birds chirping softly, butterflies flying gracefully in the air. The smell of flowers blooming on a sunny beautiful day. The two young kids continue to sit in one place and smiles.

 

* * * * *