Chapter Nine

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One with Public Flirting, Thoughtfulness, and Cougar Chasing

Wendy rarely ever saw Jongdae with anyone else, so it was really odd to pass by him with two other girls latched to his side on her way to class. She looked at his back with more so confusion, racking her brain to see if there was ever a time he had plans with another girl before she saw him turn stop suddenly, turn around, and flash her the brightest smile before rudely parting from his small group to come over and sit on the arm of the large chair was perched in, reading her textbook. “Excuse me, ma’am, I’m gonna have to ask you for a kiss because I want the others who are staring at your beauty to back off.”

Snorting, Wendy raised her brow, setting her textbook down on her lap. “That’s the best you got today?”

Jongdae looked taken back by the statement, before he leaned down a bit, “I’m sorry, your beauty makes it hard to think when I’m around you.”

“You need to check your definition of beauty, Dae. I’m in my usual sweatpants and hoodie. I’m even wearing Uggs.”

“Didn’t stop me from telling you how enchanting you looked without them on last night when we made love,” he smirked, causing her eyes to widened.

“You know we didn’t do anything like that last night,” she glared, feeling her heart skip a beat because holy crap, it was super hard not to enjoy this moment with him, just bickering and letting him say any and all compliments. She used to make the man shut up whenever he complimented her, but it was useless, and to be frank, she enjoyed it because she knew he meant it.

He pulled back some of her hair behind her ear before he claimed that it wasn’t without effort that last night didn’t happen. The very idea of any love making happening made her entire body blush, before she tried to retort, but couldn’t, not especially when he continued with his sweet words.

It was until they heard an awkward voice clearing that they both realized how awkwardly close they looked on the arm chair before Wendy pushed him off to look at the two girls that he was walking with earlier. “Excuse me, but if you’re done terrorizing the poor woman, we need to get the audio booth in time.”

“Am I? Am I really terrorizing you?” he asked with a grin.

“Every day,” Wendy joked before she felt his lips on hers.

“Then I guess it’s a good thing your used to it, right, my love?” She felt his breath on her lips, and she felt herself easily falling more in love with the man.

Wendy hummed, not correcting him before she felt his lips on hers again before he pulled away and left her on the arm chair, confused and wanting more. He blew her a kiss and waved bye as the two girls looked relieved that they were back on track.

Biting her lip, Wendy found it hard to concentrate on her text book when all she wanted to do was pull him back, maybe on her lap, and just let him tease and compliment her. Just the very desire made her feel a bit sleepy, so she threw her textbook in her bag and headed to a local coffee brewery to get something to keep her awake before heading to one of the practice rooms.

Yeri woke up rather confused as to why her body felt like it was hit by a truck. A hacking coughing fit later and a stern scolding from her room mate made her come to the conclusion that she was sick. Falling back on her pillow felt like she was forever falling, causing her a massive headache. She instantly reached for her phone, and called Drip Drop, thankful that it was Jongdae who picked up and took the message that she wasn’t coming in.

Her roommate did her a massive favor and handed in a project for her while she sent an email out to her professors to explain her absence for the day, and promptly fell back asleep, feeling sweaty and cold.

She woke up to the sound of knocking, and under the delusion that her roommate was still home, she said nothing, but as the knocking went on, she yelled out hoarsely for whomever to come in.

Cold hands felt amazing on her forehead, cheeks, and neck, before she heard a familiar voice complain about how shiny she looked. She opened her eyes and was confused why her manager was there, sitting on her bed, and rummaging in a plastic bag for something.

“Here,” he prompted, opening a package and sticking something in . He then placed what felt like ice on her forehead, which she thought felt rather relaxing. The stick in beeped, and he pulled it out, shaking his head. “You have a simple cold, but you should take a hot shower later and take some medicine. Geeze, maybe next time you should wear a jacket instead of a sweater when you go outside. It is getting colder.”

Yeri didn’t even have enough energy to argue, but instead pouted. Minseok rearranged the bag of frozen veggies on her head before pulling out a thermos. “Can you sit up?”

She nodded, however she hissed in pain at her achy muscles. Minseok leaned forward and helped arranged the pillows so she could sit up properly, telling her that she looked really bad. She jokingly wheezed out that every girl wanted to hear that when they’re sick, letting out a hacking cough.

Opening the thermos, the smell hit them both, causing her to recoil. “Holy—what is that?”

“The smell isn’t what’s important,” he chuckled as he poured the brown liquid in the cup, “It’s my secret remedy tea. If you drink the whole thing before you go back to sleep, you’ll wake up in a new body.”

“Yeah, and who came up with that conclusion?” she sneered, eyeing the cup and even leaning back. “Who have you killed with it?”

He laughed and urged it into her hands, “Your brother actually drank this five times during his schooling. If you don’t believe me, call him; but do you really want him to know you’re ill?”

Yeri couldn’t stop sneering at the cup, but she held her nose and drank it as if it was a shot, before handing back the cup, feeling her skin crawl at the after taste of lemon barely and vinegar. “Oh god, that’s terrible. Do I have to drink all of it?”

Minseok nodded before making her drink another two cups before telling her she had half a thermos left and can wait a little while before finishing it. He took the bag of frozen veggies off her head and pulled out a hot container of leftovers, handing it to her. “You have to eat well too. I bet you slept all day and hadn’t had a proper meal. I added more broth to this batch, but just a bit.”

Yeri stared at him and noticed that he was wearing casual clothes, prompting her to ask if he had the day off. He nodded, pulling some hair off her sweaty red face, telling her not to chastise him because he wanted to take care of her. She felt her heart race at his words; and took a bite of the stew. She voiced her concern about him getting sick nonetheless.

Then the conversation gradually adjusted itself to when he asked to look at the canvases that stood at the edge of her bed, which she allowed. She didn’t know why she anticipa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter