Chapter Fourteen

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m telling you, it’s obvious. They’re going to get together.”

“You’re right. It would be way to obvious to put them together, which is why they’re not going to.”

“Yeah, and you said that the villain of the story is his brother.”

“Excuse me, but men with sharper features in these stories somehow always are!”

Minseok, for a moment, forgot how they ended up in this position; sitting on his couch, arguing over the plot of a well-known drama that neither of them have never watched, sharing a blanket and pressed up rather close, despite all the room around them. He was sitting with his legs crossed under him, looking down at the girl who was slouching, her feet propped on his coffee table and her hair looking rather fluffy when she put the hood of his hoodie up. She had a heating pad under her lower back, chewing on a piece of licorice. The white cat, Fluffy, was curled up between them, being the only divider between them, Yeri’s hand playing with the fur of the cat.

Then her phone buzzed, and she picked it up, made a face as she sent a message that was probably short and blunt, judging by the hard taps of nails against the screen before throwing it unto the chair away from them. She pulled the cat to lay on her torso, asking the purring cat if he can turn into a lion and eat her roommate for her.

Minseok replayed the last three hours in his head, from the time he opened the door, allowing her in with food he made, to having her reveal that she mistakenly forgot to keep track of her cycles, to getting -iled by her roommate and then convincing her to stay after she told him that she’ll just wait in the commons, to lending her some clothes and his shower while he went out to buy her some candy, pads, and tampons (he felt embarrassed asking as much as she was embarrassed revealing). When he got back, she was sitting on his couch, holding the cat to her. His clothes were rather big on her, but the way she smiled and joked around, flapping the extra fabric of sleeves around; and how fluffy her blonde locks looked after she showered made the man pray rather quickly that he could see her like this more often.

“What happened this time?”

“Would it be considered murder if I pushed Joy and her boyfriend off a bridge because I tripped?” she sighed before pouting, looking up at him and causing his heart rate to increase. The cat curled up on her chest, his content purring noticeably loud as she let her right hand down to rest by her side. “She told me that she’s going to wash my bed sheets for me because they had on my bed. I told her I’m reporting her to the RA and to off.”

“Just move in with me,” he offered again, moving his hand down to hold her wrist, biting his cheek and debating whether it would be such a good idea to try to move his hand further down. “I mean… wouldn’t it be nice not to worry about that? You’ll have a room to yourself and you have all this space for your painting. Plus, you don’t have to worry about rent and you’re with someone you actually like. Well, at least tolerate.”

Yeri hummed and pulled her hand up just a bit so they were actually holding hands. She weaved their fingers into each other, this small smile of victory on her face as she scratched the side of the cat’s face. Minseok felt like his heart was going to burst and without much thought, he positioned himself, so he was mimicking the girl’s position, which only invited her to scooch just a tad bit closer to rest her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter