Chapter Seventeen

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One with City Walking, Wedding Planning, and Three Words

Jongdae stared at her and then back at the small square package in the box. He gulped, unsure of what to do, what to say, what to feel. It felt like eternity before he tried to speak, clearing his throat, and tasting some words. “You’re… giving me… your body.”

She nodded, blushing every shade of pink possible. “Yeah.”

“Which means… I’ll be… your first time.”

She nodded again. “Yep.”

“I’ll be the one… who takes your ity.”

“Well… I’m giving it to you.”

“Why?” he asked after a minute, stull unable to wrap his head around it. “I mean… Wendy, you don’t know how honored I feel to be your first time. No, don’t laugh. I mean… Wendy, you’re so freaking gorgeous; you’re winning in every department when it comes to your physical features and I’m sure I’m not the only guy who’s wondered about your body.... but... You’re insanely smart, you’re the next Mozart, and yet you’re choosing to have your first time with someone who doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing?”

Wendy didn’t expect him to be this confused. She honestly thought he would be jumping for joy, and it was a lot of mental training and expectations to prepare herself if he decided to take the opportunity now to use that . She knew he wanted her like that; he’s made it very clear when they made out that he had hesitant, shy, but curious hands before keeping it rather PG-13. Though she was still getting over her own emotional rollercoaster ride, she seriously wanted him.

If this past month and half had taught her anything, she knew she wanted to keep falling in love with her best friend every day for the rest of her life. She already lost her first soulmate and she knew it was a matter of time before she was going to lose her best friend to his own. She felt like until that time came when Jongdae’s wrist clock proved her correct, she was going to throw caution to the wind and try her best to wear her heart on her sleeve; even though she rather have her teeth yanked out. She was young, but she hated making these choices she wished she had a thousand years of experience to make.

She looked up at him and prevented the tears from escaping her face.

“And you think I do? Jongdae, you give me way too much credit. I thought you’d jump the chance to have me under you.”

His eyes widened at the suggestion. “I do! I mean—I want to! But why me?”

She shrugged again, pulling her hair forward. “Because I want my first time to be your first time, too. I trust my best friend—that means you—with my body and pleasure because I know you know I would do the same. I don’t want any other guy. They don’t compare when I trust you with everything, Jongdae. So… if you don’t want it, then—”

“You’re not just giving this to me because we’re in college and it’s the thing to do, right?”

She didn’t even have to guess that he had a cheeky grin on his face as she reached forward and hit him with her pillow. “Why are you so stupid? I am bearing my soul here, which you know is difficult for me to do, and I’m quite literally inviting you to me while wearing that; god, I can’t believe I’m attracted to you.”

His laugh was melodious in the room as she watched him close the box and put it in his pocket. He held out his hands, inviting her to sit on his lap, but she kicked his one hand, being a bit stubborn, allowing the chair to turn her away very slowly. He waited until the chair made one full rotation before he tried again, inviting her to hug him.

She had this stubborn pout but stood up and fell into his arms, where he wrapped his legs around her hips and held unto her like a koala. His one hand was cupping her jaw as he kissed her, the other arm around her shoulder. He loved the way his lips tingled when he pulled back just the slightest, brushing against hers when he spoke. “I don’t want you to think that our first time together is going to be a senseless college .”

With eyes closed, she relished in the soft caress of his lips against hers, her heart wanting to escape her rib cage. She didn’t realize how incredibly y it sounded for him to cuss.

“Our first time will be us making love,” he warned, pressing in to kiss her gently before pulling back. “When that time comes, it’s just going to be you and me, man and woman. I hope you’ll feel how much I love you like I try to every day.”

Wendy couldn’t stop the blooming feeling in her chest at that statement, and though she tried her best to ignore creating her own dark cloud, she figured she might as well enjoy this moment because she felt like she knew he wasn’t going to ever hold her; kiss her; love her like this next month.

Irene came back to her apartment in a hurry after school, as if she was worried about getting caught by the police. After all, she is usually numb to all the papers she has to grade and her lesson plans in her bag, but today, she did the unthinkable, and the reminder of it felt heavy in her bag.

She bought a wedding magazine. It was meant to be kept a secret as she hid away in her classroom during her free period, looking through the glossy pages that yelled at her to do this and do that; try this but don’t think about that; you’re a bad girlfriend if you let your man do this and a terrible person in general if you buy scallop-edge napkins.

She was trying her best to hype herself up, especially when she glanced at the engagement ring on her finger almost every hour; reminding herself that she had found her soulmate; a guy who is smart, rich, handsome, and has a great standing with his own family; and she’s going to be his wife. However, the thick book of suggestions and ideas made her partly intrigued, and partly disgusted. She hated—no, loathed the idea that it was suggesting she must spend all her savings, donate her eggs, and pull out a second mort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter