Chapter Twenty

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One with Puns, Body Art, and A Hint

Wendy kicked her boots off and threw the hoodie off of her, her hair flying static. She was just about to dive into her bed before she heard her best friend huff at the door, kicking it closed, complaining how tired he was; even implying that he was so tired, he didn’t even have the energy to take his hoodie off, using all of it to carry their small box of pizza.

Hearing the suggestive tone in his voice, she rolled her eyes and took the box of pizza from his hands and set it on her desk. “There, now you can take off your jacket.”

She didn’t know why she found his annoying whine to be endearing. “Wendy!” he sang, “Please! Undress me!”

“Alright, alright,” she scoffed, before coming over to him and ping his hoodie, pushing it off his shoulders and letting it drop on the floor. She looked up at him and for a moment, considered on stepping away. Instead, she felt herself pull closer to him, and stood herself on her tip toes to press a gentle kiss on his lips, her fingers just barely grazing his jaw.

She was a bit surprised he didn’t try to further the kiss, however when she parted, she returned to her normal shy self, refusing to look him in the eye as she looked down at his white button up tucked into some trousers, picking the top button to pull off. She was a bit distracted by his fingers on her lower back, tracing lazy swirls and circles as she tried her best to concentrate on taking his shirt off. It wasn’t like she hadn’t done it a thousand times before, however, as she tugged his shirt out from his pants, she was suddenly really interested in how defined his body was.

Pushing his shirt off his shoulders, she let her eyes feast on every inch of skin he displayed for her. In the past, she was always shy of letting her eyes wandering lower than his neck, the only other acceptable place besides his lips that she allowed herself to mark, which was very far and few between them. Her hands grazed where her eyes stayed on, touching and wondering, even as she became invested in his biceps, “Are you working out?”

It wasn’t exactly the question he wanted to hear, pressed against her and holding himself back as she explored his torso with her hands. Jongdae nodded, confused as to why she ruined the moment. “Uh… yeah. The gym is between two of my classes and I go there.”

She noticed his voice was huskier than usual, and she admitted to herself that she was finding him exceptionally y today. She hummed as she fell forward, placing her lips softly over the spot on his heart before her hands left his skin and made way to his belt; her fingers touching the black leather. She looked up at him; eye contact made as she watched for his reaction as she began to pull the loose end out of the loops slowly and almost teasingly.

Jongdae nearly found it unfair that she was doing this without as much of hesitation in her eyes. He wasn’t used to that; used to calming her and coaxing her, always telling her to trust him, and just have her rely on him to do the rest. It sort of scared him a bit, as the thought of his watch in two days lingered in the back of his mind, wondering if he should tell his best friend, or wait and surprise her when he proved her wrong.

When Wendy pushed the belt end out of the metal hoop and was finally able to release itself, she had this itty-bitty teasing smile on her lips as she pulled on the belt a little too hard in an attempt to pull it out faster, only to have Jongdae pulled closer, their thighs touching. Acting as if she wasn’t surprised by that, she smiled at him, and finally spoke. “Jongdae… were you a bit jealous that your co-worker was hitting on me? I expected you to hit him.”

“I wanted to so badly,” he admitted, watching as she threw the loose belt to the side and started to teasingly play with the button on his pants. “But I knew you weren’t going to. You’re a bit too attracted to me.”

She hummed before her fingers played with the zipper, even more amused when he stiffened just a bit, biting her lip. “Well, aren’t you cocky?”

He winced a bit, pausing. “Did… did you really just use a pun? Now?”

He watched her eyes and smile widened as she shrugged, still playing with his zipper, singing, “Maybe…”

“I can’t tell if that made me really or really mad; that was a bit too good on timing,” he sighed, leaning down and resting his forehead on her shoulder, hearing her giggles as he watched her hand, agonizingly, resort back to playing with his pants button.

“I guess you could say the pun was really…” she paused for dramatic effect as she ed his pants. “Well hung.”

He groaned, annoyed. He placed his hands on her hips and straighten up, giving her a pout. “Why are you ruining the moment with puns?”

“I guess you can say I’m just feeling a little ballsy.”

“Stop it.”

“I think you should take up some yoga, you’re looking a little stiff.”

“Dee.”

“ on, Dae. Don’t be so hard-headed.”

“Wendy.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry,” Wendy surrendered, laughing as she held his face between her hands, staring at him with a smile. “Let’s just about it.”

“I can’t believe you. Here I was, actually holding myself back,” he whined before pushing her away and pulling his clothes back on, glaring at her. She was smiling, knowing how evil she really was as she kept coming closer to him, holding his arm, only to have him ignore her, and try to move away.

She couldn’t stop herself when she was able to pull him away from the door, “Awe, did I make you blue-balled?”

“I’m leaving you,” he announced, pulling against her as he was able to successful pull himself away and open the door, only to have her slam it back closed. He turned, and if it was any other time, he would probably be seriously by the fact that she had him trapped against her door, huffing just a bit.

“Okay, okay, don’t go,” she couldn’t stop the giggles coming out of her lips, “Just stay, okay? I’m sorry; but you have to admit, you would have done the same thing.”

He sighed and rolled his eyes before looking down at her, pursing his lips. He reached up and cupped her jaw, before sighing once more, nodding. “Yeah, you’re right, but I wasn’t going to pass up the rare opportunity that you were . On purpose.”

He noticed the twinkle in her eyes as she bit back another smile. He squinted at her and shook his head, warning her to stop whatever pun she was going to say next, but instead, she reached out to hold his belt loops between her fingers, and pulled him closer, not showing any surprise of his bulge pressed against her lower stomach. “Well,” she purred, moving her hands down the fabric of his work pants against his thighs, “If it helps… I was planning on giving you a hand.”

“Come in.”

Irene opened the door into the messy office, smiling at the sight of her fiancé sitting at his desk, shuffling through some papers and stuffing them in a folder before looking at his guest, surprised and overjoyed to see his beautiful bride walk. She quickly locked the door, throwing her coat over the chair at the table and setting her purse down.

Then his eyes scanned down her outfit, and he whistled. “Excuse me, miss, but I think you’re in the wrong place. Heaven is just up the stairs.”

“Oh, shush,” she smiled, looking down at the few buttons on her white dress shirt ed, tucked into a black pencil skirt with a pair of red heels. Though she had reservations about wearing this outfit, she was glad that her husband-to-be was looking at her with affection and lust as she walked over to him. “I thought I would stop by on my way home.”

“Aren’t you a bit dressed up for grocery shopping?” he looked around on his desk and practically pushed everything to one side, so she could sit right where everything was just a few seconds ago. “Sit. Now, you’re on my ‘to-do’ list.”

Chuckling, she hopped herself up on the desk, crossing her legs. He immediately wheeled himself closer, so her heel could rest against his chair, his hand tracing softly over her skin. She reached up and brought up a hand to pet his hair. “Well, I guess you could say I had an idea.”

“And what is that?” he tilted his head, “You can’t steal me away from my work; not even for lunch. I made a deal with my boss that if I work a bit extra until our wedding, then he won’t bother me on our honeymoon.”

Irene raised a brow. “Oh? Is that so? Maybe I should give your boss a piece of my mind about bothering you with work related business during personal time off.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter