Chapter Twenty-Seven

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One With A Dream, A Hangover, and Some Grading

Minseok heard the groan, then a few minutes later, saw the zombie like expression of major bed head appear in the door frame, walking to the bathroom with her eyes closed. It was several minutes later that she appeared with slightly tamer hair, holding her head as she approached him.

Unlike other times, she instead moved his leg from their crossed position and sat on his lap, curling into him and resting her face into his neck, groaning. He froze for a moment, surely wondering if she was still drunk until she croaked. “I think… I’m dying.”

Chuckling, he found himself able to wrap his arms around her, rubbing her back. “That’s called a hangover, Yer.”

“Shh,” she hushed, placing her hand on his face, meaning to put a finger to his lips, instead a palm to his jaw. “You’re so… loud, Min. It hurts to hear.”

Without much thought, he took her hand and kissed her palm. “Then I’ll go get you some hangover cure.”

As he tired to move, she whined, only to hug him tighter, “I don’t want you to move! You’re comfy right here!”

His hands moved to her waist, “I’m just going to the kitchen, Yeri. Don’t you want to feel better?”

“No, I just want to cuddle.”

“We can cuddle when I get back. I won’t even be gone thirty seconds.”

It took her a moment but when he felt her loosening, she practically slithered off him to face plant herself into seat on the other side of the couch, complaining about how too bright the room was. With an amused grin, he quickly and as quietly as possible rushed to the fridge to grab a bottle of hangover cure and to grab a few pamphlets, taking an appreciative glance at her . Man… I so badly want to spank that …

Then he watched as the woman popped her head up, confused. “Did you say something, Min?”

Eyebrows raised, he wondered if he had accidentally said his thoughts out loud. “Um… no?”

Groaning, she rubbed her eyes before sitting up, “Oh… okay, hurry up. I need you.”

Letting out a pained sigh, he approached the couch. If only she meant it in another context. “I’m coming, I’m coming. Drink this, it should help the side effects.”

She groaned and took the drink, taking a sniff before reading the label. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“What is?” he asked as he sat down, thinking about how cute she looked all sleepy, wearing his shirt.

“Something about context?”

Minseok stared at the woman with scrunched brows, confused as much as her expression was before she took a swig of the hangover cure and made a disgusted face. “Oh god, that tastes worse than the tea you made! What is wrong with you? Making me drink such disgusting liquids! Are you trying to murder me?” She leaned back and planted her cheek on Minseok’s shoulder, humming at his comforting scent.

Chuckling, he didn’t realize his actions until they happened; he reached out and pulled her legs to rest on his lap, then pulled her so she was sitting his lap, her forehead pressed into his neck. He felt her clutch his t-shirt when he started to rock her a bit; then he whispered, “How are you feeling?”

Yeri hummed at his soft voice, regretting it instantly as she reached to clutch her head. “Hurts… everything hurts…”

“Well everything should hurt,” he chuckled, “You did drink a lot. Almost twenty shots.”

She smirked, and he felt that quick sigh on his collarbone, “I’m not doing that again…”

“Good,” he sighed in relief, rubbing her back. “I’m limiting you to five shots.”

She made a short whine before agreeing. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes more before squinting at the man, who she realized was dressed in his pajamas, staring at her with curious eyes. “Thank you, Minseok… for taking care of me, even though you probably wanted to get loose yourself and find a one-night stand to enjoy… You know … maybe I already told you, but I appreciate everything you do when it comes to me, even if you only just see me as Heechul’s little sister.”

Then she started to finger her neck, slight panic in her eyes as she was trying to remember where her newly prized coffee bean necklace was before she remembered it was in the bathroom, getting off his lap and rubbing her temples as she slowly made her way over, almost hitting her shin on the corner of the coffee table.

Feeling his heart pang at her words, he let out a visible sigh before pinching the bridge of his nose, thinking of how he wouldn’t have minded having Yeri as a one-night stand every day, and then trying to figure out why she added the part about being Heechul’s sister. His mind then wandered to when they were dancing together last night and how he had to will himself not to think of that amazing feeling to have her that close.

He began to wonder what the night would have ended up like if she didn’t drink those ten extra shots. Would they have done things he’s only been dreaming of? He would like to assume yes, especially since he knew he could easily control the situation to his advantage, but he shook his head at the thought. He felt his mouth salivate at the idea of how easily he could have left a hickey on her neck during that dance, and he then wondered if she would have danced like that with someone else if he didn’t assign himself as her guard dog.

But in the elevator… he thought, smiling slightly at how cute and clingy she was, complimenting his personal scent and how she made it quite clear she loved the cuddles. Yet, he let it replay in his head that if the cat didn’t interrupt them, he would have kissed her, and she most likely would have kissed him back. He felt his heart rate escalate again whenever he replayed ‘I wanted you to kiss me’.

He rubbed his face when she came out, the necklace in her hand as she placed in on the coffee table in front of them, and sat back on the man’s lap, resting her entire being against him. It took a moment before she let out a contented sigh; her breath hitting his collarbone and sending shivers up his spine. “Minseok.”

“Hm?” he nodded, placing a hand on her back to rub up and down her spine while the other hooked onto her thigh.

“You smell like coffee,” Yeri smiled before placing a hand on the other side of his neck and tracing a lazy pattern on his neck. “You smell comforting.”

Unable to stop the smile on his face, he hummed back in response. “You know… you were just as clingy to me drunk as you are sober.”

She didn’t say anything for a moment, and for a second, he thought she might have fallen asleep before he felt her tap on his neck. “I remember your face… like a lot of your face, which is good, because I know I was in good hands. Did you drink a lot?”

He shook his head, before resting his hand on her waist, “No, I wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to you.”

“Like you said you would,” she giggled before holding her head, “Ah… Too bad you didn’t drink a bit more; I bet we could have had way more fun together.”

Together… He found the word a bit of an odd choice with the best timing. “Well, we did dance together.”

“Yeah…” she sighed as she tapped his neck again. “I sort of remember. You looked really good in your outfit last night; kind of wished I didn’t become so hammered.”

He chuckled, but he felt his heart race, “Why? Were you gonna try to undress me?”

Before the woman could say anything, they heard a soft meow at Minseok’s left. Yeri squinted at the cat before humming, and patting her lap, “Yay, it’s my boyfriend. He’s come to make me feel better.”

The cat, without hesitation, jumped into her lap and spun around before leaning into the two bodies, purring at Yeri’s ear scratching. Minseok rolled his eyes, thinking of how the cat had uncanny timing and was such a er, when the cat meowed in happiness at the attention. He scoffed before he flicked an ear of the cat, who ignored him as he rested his chin on the woman’s chest, who in return rested her head back on the man’s shoulder, making it quite obvious she was deeply enjoying his scent.

After a moment, Minseok felt the woman’s touch leave the cat, and rest back on his neck, drawing a lazy circle before she mumbled, “Don’t be jealous, Min….”

He pouted. I’m not jealous.

Then she yawned before sliding her hand down his chest, patting a spot. “Yes, you are, but don’t worry… you’re my cuddle partner.”

“Soulmates are supposed to like to cuddle with each other.”

“Hell yea…. We… do,” she yawned once more before she fell into a soft nap with the cat, leaving the man in his own thoughts about last night’s events once again.

Joonmyeon grinned at the sight of his wife-to-be, peering into the classroom as he watched her erase a board while discussing something with a student.

“… So that’s why I think I shouldn’t have to take the exam, Miss Bae. My grades are far more superior than my classmates anyways. Why must I take the exam if I can practically teach your lesson?”

His brow twitched when he saw his fiancé set the eraser down and place her hand on her hip, a brow raised her student. “Oh, so you can teach my lessons? Lemme ask you, Taeyong, did you read every part of that textbook?”

“Yes, I did,” he said with his chin up.

“Every part? Even the little fun facts and extra vocabulary words?” she crossed her arms, “You didn’t skip any passages or chapters? Even the documents?”

The man watched as the student’s confident demeanor changed from a confident chihuahua to one with his tail between at his legs. “Um…”

“Because if obviously if you read the syllabus, which I do because I’m also preparing you to get used to reading them in college, then you will note that I have written notes about the exam if you want to do rather well,” she then turned to her desk and started to shuffle papers.

“Um…”

The teacher sighed, placing both palms on the desk and hung her head in exasperation. “Look, if you believe you’re too smart for my class, why didn’t you come to me the first week and ask to instead be in an advanced placement class?”

The student looked to the side, fiddling with a strap on his backpack. “I didn’t think to…”

“And you thought this would?”

“…Yes?”

Miss Bae looked at the student with an expression that Joonmyeon knew she would have rather said. After a few seconds, the teacher let out another sigh and pointed to the door, “Go home Taeyong; and do that study guide before I decide to give you extra work.”

“Bye, Miss Bae,” the student nodded before quickly leaving the room, almost running face first into Joonmyeon. The student apologized before making his escape and Joonmyeon looked back at his wife-to-be, who plopped herself into the chair and laid her head on the desk, exhausted, making comment on how she doesn’t get paid enough for the daily mental breakdowns.

He then knocked on the doorframe, and heard her as he entered with the door closed behind, locking it. “What?” she whined, looking up in irritation than confused happiness at the sight of her fiancé, strolling in. “Um… Hi.”

He looked around the classroom, holding back his smirk. “Miss Bae, I have a question only the y history teacher can answer.”

She had her face cradled in her palms, elbows resting on the table as she watched him look at the decorations, slowly strolling his way over. “Does it have to do with why a certain y space exhibit manager is doing outside of his office?”

Then he stopped for a moment and looked at her, a playful glint in his happy squinted eyes, “You think I’m y?”

She raised her brow, but the lazy smile on her face confirmed her answer. Continuing his act, he strolled up to the desk and placed his hands on the desk. “Hi.”

“Hi.”

“How are you?”

“Tired. Why are you here?” she batted her eyes.

“Boss signed a deal to get a new exhibit going in the summer; was in such a good mood, he gave all managers an early day,” he answered before looking at her desk and then back up to her. “So I thought I would be romantic and drive you to dinner.”

Joonmyeon could see she was thinking of saying no as her eyes scanned over the piles of papers that needed to be graded before she sat back on her chair. “I don’t know… it’s near the end of the semester…”

“It’s okay babe, I’ll help you grade. Remember, we’re a team, right?” He then came over and leaned against the desk, his leg touching hers. “If you want, if you come to dinner with me right now, I’ll even help you grade… shirtless.”

This made a genuine grin pop out of nowhere on the woman’s face, “No, last time you helped me grade shirtless, we made out instead of grading.”

“Then we can get all the now so when we get home, we can focus.”

“That’s the equivalent of my students saying if we watch a movie today, they’ll study at home,” she raised a brow before shaking her head.

Sighing, Joonmyeon reached down and held her hand, kissing each knuckle before holding it to his chest. “I know they say dating a teacher is hard… and we rushed into this engagement and we’re getting married… but we’ve rarely been on dates, and I thought it would be nice if I could take my beautiful, gorgeous, perfect fiancé out for a nice dinner and maybe stroll through the city a bit. I’ll even let you hold my hand if you let me hold yours…”

“You’re offer is so tempting…,” the woman sighed before looking at her piles.

“I’ll rub your feet while you grade the tests,” he said quickly, seeing her expression change when a brow raised. Smirking, he leaned down and tried to sweeten the deal with a soft kiss on the cheek. “I’ll even let you drink two glasses tonight.”

She bit her lip and closed her eyes, looking away. “Joon, I have more at-home work than you do for a smaller salary. I’m trying to get this done before the break ends.”

Without saying much, he gripped his fingers on her chin and made her look at him. He had one hand on the desk and was staring down at her with a determined expression; for a moment, the woman forgot he was her fiancé and not a hot teacher she fantasized about. “Irene, I’m giving you one last chance before I pull out my own tricks.”

She glanced at his lips because she knew what he’s going to do. “Joon—”

“I’ll let you do it.”

Her eyes widened at what he suggested, and it took her a moment to react. He had a serious expression and she was too busy to find a glimmer or crack that he was joking to notice he leaned in closer and his lips turned just the slightest into a smirk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter