Chapter Sixteen

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One with Cuddles, Presents, and Removed Clothes

Minseok came home, tired and felt as though a thousand years of napping wouldn’t help.

 As soon as the door was opened, he started to take off anything that felt sweaty to him. His untied his tie and strewn it on the table, ing his shirt that just fell to the floor as he made his way to the living room, feeling cooled already before he made his target and laid his head on a certain person’s lap, using it as a pillow.

“I hate whiny teenagers that think we’re Starbucks,” he sighed before melting into the finger tips that ran through his dark hair and trailing down to his before they trailed back up into his hair. He heard a chuckle before he felt the furry paws of his cat walk on his legs and settle on his lower back. He groaned at the idea of the cat touching his sweaty skin.

“Maybe make a sign that prohibits teenagers,” Yeri shrugged before letting her hand explore a curve of muscle or two off his back before massaging his head. She was surprised that he came back to his apartment looking like he was ran over by the delivery truck; more surprised when he started to strip his upper clothing. It was like a fantasy coming to life when she saw him approach her shiftless, but then she thought how cruel the world was when he laid his head on her lap, and nothing of her fantasies would happen.

She wasn’t complaining as long as he kept rubbing her calf and she was able to feel up his back.

A loud sigh and then he turned around onto his back; looking up at the soft smile she offered as she softly glided her nails along his hair line. He couldn’t stop thinking of how perfectly gorgeous she looked. “How’s your back feeling?”

She shrugged, watching the cat jump on the back of the couch to get to the other side. “Meh. I grew used to having the pain, but it still . The heating pad works well and having Fluffy in my lap helps as well. Can I have your cat? He is like the best cuddle partner to have.”

He closed his eyes had a small smile on his face, remembering how they woke up this morning with her still clinging unto him, and wouldn’t let go of him until he carried her to the kitchen table; where they joked about ‘cuddle experiences’, her legs around his waist and holding to his shirt, which he didn’t mind as he eyed and caressed every visible patch of skin, fantasizing about marking her with his lips. “I think he’s in love with you. He got used to Heechul, but he usually doesn’t like other people, but he became attached to you rather quick.”

“Either he knows my uterus is enacting revenge, or it’s my womanly charm,” she joked, pushing all her blonde hair to one side. She then reached out to the cat who was sitting on the seat next to him, scratching the top of his head, his eyes closed, and the purring sounded like a machine came to life. “Fluffy, you are my boyfriend now. You can’t say no, and you have to love my unconditionally.”

The cat opened his eyes to look at her, letting out a meow, like he agreed.

She giggled before scratching his chin and turned back to the man on her lap. “Sorry, it’s official.”

Minseok rolled his eyes, a smirk on his face as he set his hand over his heart. “My own cat has a better love life than I do. I might as well die.”

“I think it’s the fur, it’s so soft and silky. Very little shedding. He also gives me all the attention I want and is nearby when I don’t.”

“Well, I am known to have that stoic personality and I do shed quite a lot,” he joked before reaching out to scratch under the cat’s chin. “Traitor. I raised you since you were a kitten, and you steal Yeri from me. How dare you?”

The cat meowed back before laying on his side, and Yeri chuckled. “That’s right, ignore the hater.” She looked down Minseok, moving her hand to caress his jaw and neck. “All joking aside, I appreciate you taking care of me like this, though I feel bad because of my roommate.”

He sat up, and turned to her, watching her as she tried really hard not to keep glancing down at his torso. His eyes gravitated towards her lips when she bit them, which sent a wave of pride through him that this girl he was so attracted to was unable to keep his eyes off her. However, though he wanted to just lean in and pin her to the couch with his weight, he was trying to be rather serious as he reached out and took her hand in his, feeling the comfort it gave him.

“I like taking care of you, Yeri,” he said, eyes trained on hers. “You’re more than welcomed to stay here if you ever need a place to get away. I don’t like seeing you in discomfort or stressed out, so I’m always here if you need me. Don’t ever hesitate when it comes to me, Yeri, you can be assured that if you lean on me, I won’t push you away.”

He like how vulnerable she looked when she tilted her head just the slightest, looking at him with a melted soft expression. He felt her squeeze her hand back in his, and watched as the smile spread on her lips.

“Same here,” she nodded, chuckling. “I won’t ever say no to you. You’re that special to me.”

That’s when her manager knew he was absolutely, deeply, madly, truly whipped for the girl.

As soon as Irene opened the door to her apartment, she was a bit taken back by Joonmyeon’s presence on her couch, turning around to greet her. “Welcome back,” he sang, before pausing the movie he was watching. The woman took a second before she remembered that she gave her fiancé a key to her apartment, but he’s been over every day for the past two weeks. As she kicked her shoes off and threw her school bag on the couch, she leaned down to kiss his cheek as she stopped behind him, rubbing her thumbs against his neck.

“So, when do you plan on moving in? I know you’re rich and all, but traveling between your house and here every night is a bit expensive with gas prices rising and all that…”

Joonmyeon leaned his head back to look up at his fiancé, holding up his phone. “I can be officially moved in by tomorrow morning.”

She rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. “Isn’t my apartment a bit far from where you work?”

“Not as far as my house,” he shrugs, before smiling. “Would you rather I don’t?”

She shook her head, her dark strands shaking with her, “No… I want to live with you, but maybe we should find a place that’s between our jobs.”

“Would it be okay to do that after we get married? So, we’re not stressed out by too many things?”

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” Irene nodded before she kissed him on the lips upside down. “I’m gonna get changed. Help me with grading?”

“For eternity,” he said cheesily, earning a nose pinch from the woman as she walked away, hearing her complain about how that would be an ultimate hell to grade for eternity.

Irene flopped on her bed, sighing at how stressful being in a classroom with rowdy kids can be. Though she literally signed a contract to stay with the school for a while, there are many days where she questioned her ambitious choices when she was a freshman in college.

Hearing her door creak open, she turned to her side to see Joonmyeon look at her with an amused expression. He leaned his shoulder on the door frame, and she noticed that his amused expression looked extra attractive, especially since he was wearing this grey t-shirt she came to love on him. “Long day?”

She let out an unattractive sigh, pushing her hands through her hair, remembering that she had it styled into a tight bun. “Whichever way we have kids, they need to skip the teenager stage. They are so weird compared to our generation.”

“How much do you want a bet that our teachers said the same thing about our generation?”

“Well, obviously,” she agreed before she her back and reached her arms up, pouting, “Help me up?”

Chuckling, he walked over and instead of grabbing her hands to heave her up, he weaved his fingers in between them and pushed them down to the mattress next to her head, kissing her. Taken back by the unusual way of the usual affection, she felt her heart beating in her chest rather hard; find it funny that he still makes her feel like a school girl.

When he pulled away, she though his satisfied smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter