Chapter Thirteen

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyeon sighed in relief when she opened the door, however his voice was stuck when he saw the stained cheeks that tears left behind. He saw the dark circles under her eyes, and the oil in her hair, making him believe she wasn’t taking care of herself well. Before he could even apologize for his own actions, she immediately hugged him, crying into his chest, apologizing between sobs that they can have a wedding; that she was stupid and won’t ever prevent him from having what he wanted again.

He held her shoulders as he gently pushed her back into the apartment, keeping a hand in her hair to massage the headache he knew that came with tears. He relaxed against a wall, shushing her; reminding her that he’s here now, and relying his own apologies in between hers. He had to tell her that she didn’t need to apologize; that he was acting like a child. Yet, she would disagree, and promise to work on her bluntness.

When she finally pulled back, she wiped at her face, making a joke that she looked hideous, before Joonmyeon took her face into his hands. “You’re right. Crying makes you ugly; so I’ll make sure not to make you cry anymore, okay?”

She sniffled, confused before showing an angry pout. “Is that supposed to make me feel better? You’re not the reason for all my tears.”

He had a soft smirk on his face as he watched her stomp off to her bedroom, reappearing with a change of clothes. She ordered him to stay in the apartment while she showered and threatened to throw the ring away if he so much as left.

Instead, he stayed in her room, where he nosed around her things, such as looking at the jewelry on her dresser, and looking through the piles of papers, tests, and homework that was teetering on her vanity. He would open caps and lids of perfume, taking sniffs before finding the nearly empty bottle of one that smelled like flowers; roses and orange blossom according to the bottle. He took a picture of the bottle to remind himself to find it later; setting everything back in it’s place.

He sat on the bed, remembering very fondly of how he once pushed the tired teacher to sleep, experiencing a bit of her sleeping habit as she clung to him. He thought it was cute, and tucked her in then, preventing himself from just having a taste of domesticated life. As he held a pillow, he took a sniff of the familiar scent, and hummed; thinking for a moment what it would be like to wake up in the morning with her.

He didn’t even notice the woman stand idly in her door frame, drying her hair with a small smile on her face before she walked in. His eyes snapped up to her, before letting them glide down to her bunny print pajamas, biting back a laugh. She cocked her hip and rested the towel against her shoulders. “Go ahead, you know you want to.”

Joonmyeon let out a long chuckle. “My soulmate is too cute.”

She didn’t stop the smile on her face before she walked over to him, poking him in the chest. “You and I need to discuss a few things, Mr. Kim Joonmyeon. Don’t think you’ll be let off easy just because you’re my soulmate.”

Knowing they’ll eventually have to discuss it, he grabbed her hand and tried to pull her so she would fall on top of him. Meeting resistance, he smiled up her. “So you’re saying that you’re going to punish me, Mrs. Kim Irene? You don’t look that threatening in bunny pajamas, to be honest.”

Raising a brow, the woman blushed at the name. She was able to pull her wrist out of his grasp, throwing her towel to the side as she raised a knee on the bed, partially straddling his right leg. She held the hairs on the nape of his neck between her left fingers, before poking him once again, unable to stop the smile on her face as she tried to talk seriously. “You… no, you don’t get that kind of punishment. Okay? And you should fear the bunny pajamas.”

“You’re right. I’m terrified of them,” he smirked as he tugged on the hem of the top. “I should probably take them off of you before I have nightmares.”

Feeling her body get warm, she pull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter