Chapter Four

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One with Paint, Whiteboards, and Live ASMR

Jongdae walked into his dorm, surprised to find Wendy sitting on his bed with her eyes closed and his headphones over her ears. He stepped closer, her eyes opening at the thuds of his foot steps before he picked up her phone and looked at the video. He tilted his head as he watched the video, unsure of what to make of it.

“Um…”

“It’s called ASMR,” she replied, taking off the headphones, a scratchy sound and soft whisper blaring out of the headset before she reached up to pause the screen. “It’s very relaxing and soothing. I’ve been listening to it for about a month now, and some of the videos I watch are awesome.”

Jongdae hummed before he handed her the phone and put his headphones on, sitting down next to her as she chose a video for him. Instead of the scratching and soft whispers she was listening to, she picked a woman who made inaudible mouth sounds. She watched his face struggle, brows knitted together, and he sat up straighter all of a sudden. Wendy smirked at the view before he threw down the headphones, sighing.

“Okay…,” he nodded, “I can see how… relaxing that can be.”

She hummed before she paused the video. “I love the tapping and soft whispers ASMR. I’ve been enjoying the roleplay ones, and I usually listen to them when I desperately need to sleep.”

Jongdae hummed before he leaned in, a smirk in his voice as Wendy felt his breath hit her ear, “If you like people whispering in your ear, then you should ask me.”

She felt a direct chill through her whole body, followed by a tingle down her back, unsure of how she should feel about her best friend being this close to her. She arched her neck to the side and cracked it before relaxing. Jongdae quickly moved back in, placing a hand on her hip as he continued to whisper sweet words into her ear. “You’re my soulmate, right? Shouldn’t you be asking me to do this things for you? I don’t like it that you want to feel tingles from others when I know you get them just when I touch you… like this…”

She felt his fingers touch her forehead down to her chin with feather-like feels, causing her to close her eyes. She didn’t even realize she was beginning to lean into him, and she cursed herself for being like this. It wasn’t like she didn’t want it; this was probably the best sensation the man has given her yet; but when she tried to mumble out that he shouldn’t because of… someone…. And…. Something….

“Shh,” he hushed, the bass tone constricted her chest as she felt him guiding her to lay in his arms. She even felt his feather-like touches on her lips. “Don’t think too much. Just relax and fall in love with the sound of my voice.” She opened her eyes lazily to watch his hand, and she had to admit that if she didn’t lie to him, this would have led easily to something else.

He stopped, and she stared at him with a relaxed dazed expression on her face. She wouldn’t admit it to him, but she enjoyed it when he got all touchy. Although she already knew he was willing to do anything for her, and she had to really stop herself from just asking him to do what they both really wanted to happen a lot of times.

“So, I went to get my watch fixed,” he lifted his arm up and showed her the missing said item, only a patch of pale skin showing any proof it was there. Wendy reached out to touch the smooth skin before he continued, “And it never was broken. I was given the wrong watch. They put in my birthday wrong.”

“What a bunch of dummies,” she spoke, letting go of his wrist. “So, when is it being fixed?”

“I’m getting a new one… in two months?” he shrugged before he changed their position and she was laying on his bed while he cuddled into her side, his head resting on her shoulder.

“They’re so stupid and you’re really stupid,” she mumbled, wanting to turn into him and share a close moment of intimacy. She felt the bridge of his nose press against her neck, and she blushed. “What if you meet your soulmate and have no clue because you don’t have your cheat?”

She felt him slide his hand down to her hip before pulling her close to him, a hum playing in his throat. “I’ve always known you were soulmate with it being broken.”

“Jongdae—”

“Call me all the names you want, but since I don’t have a cheat for the next two months, you are not allowed to mention anything about me having the small possibility that my soulmate is anyone else—”

“But—”

“And if you do mention it, I will act upon however I feel.”

This caused Wendy to shut up, afraid to ask what that meant. Preventing herself from thinking anything else, she bit her lip and leaned in to the man a bit, cautiously combing his hair with her fingers. She didn’t like that he threatened her that way, however she enjoyed the unknowing possibilities he could do to her.

“Boo,” she heard as he nuzzled against her neck, “I was hoping you would say something.”

She wondered if she could feel her heart beat against her erratically, seeking for escape. She didn’t want to give much away that he made her feel all these fluttering emotions, but she knew that he could read her somewhat like a book. He knew the way she liked to be hugged, the right words to calm her, and even more the right way to hold her hand. As her best friend, Jongdae shouldn’t be admitting how devoted he was to her; that he should always keep it a secret, but since he stole many of her firsts, she liked the way he’s been open about his feelings towards her. Sure, he can get a bit pushy, but it wasn’t like she was going to flat out ignore him; that would be cruel to both of them.

She debated on whether or not she should allow herself the opportunity to forget about the cheats and lie she told him and enjoy the budding emotions that could easily grow. She wouldn’t mind always having him close and telling him her deepest thoughts. She wanted just as much as the man did, and maybe these next two months will allow her to live part of the dream.

Until reality hits and the watch tells him it’s someone else, despite how long they’ve known each other.

“I’m just worried you’ll fall too deep that you’ll refuse to crawl back up when reality proves you wrong.”

“Too late, I’ve fallen so deep for you, I will refuse whatever the cheat says.”

“Jongdae,” she sighed, feeling the words like poison, “I’m not your soulmate.”

Then he kissed her neck and she felt the same tingle she had when he whispered in her ear. “We can’t prove that for the next two months.”

“Jongdae—”

“Don’t make me beg, Wendy,” he quickly interjected before she felt another kiss higher on her neck. She could hear his voice was laced with a heartbroken plea. She couldn’t recall a time he sounded like that, so she stopped. “Just for the next two months… let’s pretend that this whole thing doesn’t exist and fall in love with me.”

She didn’t say anything when he placed one more kiss below her ear before he pulled away from her and asked what her plans were for the rest of the day. They both had classes, and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter