Chapter Eleven

Adventures Between the Notes, Stars, and Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One with Videos, Desires, and Wedding Planning

Wendy found it rather odd that she didn’t wake up to the warm cuddles of her best friend, pouting as she turned around and reached out to hug a pillow instead, wishing he was there with her. She looked at the bright green numbers that seemed to float in the dark that told her it was the middle of the night, and he wasn’t going to be here for a few more hours. Sighing, she hugged the pillow closer and looked at her desk area; the lamplight from outside the dorm glowed past the blinds, hitting the calendar that was on her wall. She took notice of the one red X that started the beginning of the month and struggled to remember why she stopped marking the days.

Then she remembered when Jongdae kissed her in the audio booth. It happened three days or so after he had his cheat taken off to be fixed, which was well nearly three weeks ago.

She felt a sinking feeling when she realized she should visit the hospital soon; however, as her eyes followed down the calendar to the end of the month and felt a bit nervous at the prospects of what was going through her head, and how she was going to finally stop lying to her best friend. The very idea induced anxiety; but it was way too late at night for her to think such things, so she turned around on her bed, and grabbed her phone off the window ledge.

Jongdae had changed her lock screen for her; he had wanted a selfie together again and instead, he pulled her face towards him and kissed her, forever placing it in a still memory. It warmed her heart as she thought of all the fun she was having, allowing him to actually carry out his wishes and desires, all the while pulling her out of a shell she didn’t even realize she had built. There were plenty of times she wished he would tone down his displayed affections, but yet there were also plenty of times she wished she could up her affections.

As she watched her screen dim into black, she wondered if she should put more effort in their relationship. She wasn’t afraid of losing him to anyone specific, but she was pretty positive that if a pair of jeans made him kiss her like she was the entire world, then maybe wearing a casual dress might send him over the moon.

Making a face, she sighed loudly. She recalled how he always mentioned marriage before he got his watch taken off, and now… Does he still want to marry me? The idea didn’t scare her oddly.

She unlocked her phone and decided she should distract herself, however instead of scrubbing through social media, she found herself looking at her photos, and all the dozens of selfies Jongdae took, with the occasional candid. She was amused how all his selfies looked very similar in angle and snickered over the blurry mess ups he didn’t even bother to delete. She doesn’t recall him ever taking her phone to take the photos, but she was happy he was the one to also record her reactions, such as just calling her name and having her look up or watching herself play the piano.

Playing a longer video, she watched as she was watching him set her phone to record at an angle, before stepping back and making sure everything was alright. He positioned himself to sit rather close the camera, as if he shouldn’t be doing this.

“Hey Wendy,” he smiled, keeping his voice low. “You just stepped out right now because of a classmate, so I thought I had at least a minute to make this video. You most likely will find this video like a week or so after I made it, so I won’t feel hurt if you just now watched it.” He eyed the door, listening for a second before returning to look at the video. “It’s going to be so cheesy, but you should know that everything I say is one hundred percent, without a doubt, true: I knew you were the one since the day I stole your first kiss, and ever since then, I stuck by your side, falling deeper than the ocean for you. I know I say cheesy words and flirt constantly with you, and the making out aint bad too, but I don’t think I’ve ever been happier since I had my cheat removed. Okay—temporarily, but still…”

He looks at the door and waits a second before it’s heard open. “Ugh, Krystal is an . She’s trying to convince me it’s better to play last than first with the one recital, and almost cussed me out when I said I wasn’t budging from my spot.”

There was flurry of motion before the sound of his chuckle ended the video. She felt her heart race in her ribcage as she moved to hug her pillow again, a smile on her face and a nagging feeling in her chest that told her everything was going to be okay. She couldn’t stop the ever-growing affection for the man, and no words could describe the fuzzy feeling in her chest she had.

She didn’t even realize she had fallen asleep until she heard her door open, causing her to momentarily panic as she shot up from her bed, her best friend looking at her with a surprised expression on his face, closing the door. “It’s just me, Dee.”

With sleep still in her eyes, she sat up and crossed her legs, reaching her arms out. She saw the lamplight glow on his face, a soft smile present, as he walked closer and reached out to hug her, only to push her back on the bed and hug her, feeling her arms tighten around his neck as he nosed around her neck, laying on his side to pull her closer.

She felt at peace when he placed a kiss on her skin, whispering how it felt wrong to fall asleep without her in his arms now. Unlike before when she would argue back, she hooked her one leg on his hip, and felt satisfied at the rhythm of his breathing on her collarbone, lulling her back to sleep.

In the excitement, Joonmyeon didn’t realize how uncomfortable Irene felt as his mother had pulled out a few different binders filled with images of wedding ideas; showing off gaudy gowns, sleek suits, colorful collections of cakes, fancy florals and faunas, charming ceremonies, reception relics, and wonderous wedding announcements and invitations; all worthy to be called a Pintrest paradise.

It was mostly Joonmyeon and Mrs. Kim who were exchanging ideas, creating a mixed version of the wedding of their dreams with a combination of dainty delightful desserts and a boisterous buffet, with silver sterling streams from the ceiling and white at every angle. Irene, however, didn’t contribute much to the conversation as she played with a piece of tacky tulle, thinking of how scratchy it would be to wear. She didn’t know what to say, think, or do as the mother and son duo came up with grand ideas, only for the other to out do with an even grander idea. Irene only saw the imaginary price pop in her head whenever she heard the ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter