Seoul, South Korea xxx1xxx

My Hallyu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA's POV

 

(A/N: photo below from daraxxi IG)

                            

“Dara, it's time to wake up. We're almost there.”

 

I heard my stepfather whispered to me. I opened my eyes and stretches my body. I peeked at the window. 0_0 Whoah....beautiful!! The aerial view of Seoul, South Korea is so beautiful. I can't believe I am already here. In a moment, I will be able to see mom. Few more hours....

 

“Noona!!!”

 

We were already in the airport lobby when I heard someone shouted that. I turned and saw that she was looking at me. Whoahh...she's..she's very beautiful. But did she call me “noona”? I know what “noona” means. It means eldest sister for boys. So why did she call me “noona”? Ha! See, I told you I know Korean words. Just few though. Hahahaha... wait are you all confused now. Sorry, I haven't introduce myself right. Alright, I'll give a short introduction.

 

I am Sandara Park. Dara for short. Yes, you heard it right, I am a Park. Confused? Confused why I only knew few Korean words when it is obvious that my name is Korean. Well, I am Korean, half-Korean. My mother's a Filipino and my father is a Korean. I was born and raised in Philippines. My father died when I was 3 years old. That's the reason I never learn the language. I grew up with my mom and grandparents. So in short the languages that I know are Filipino and English only. I know some basic Korean words because of my love for Kdrama. And I actually tried to learn the language. I studied by myself. So I know their alphabet. I can read Hangeul but the thing is although I studied since it was just by myself I only know few basic words so I can't still understand it. TT_TT But the good thing here is, I know I will not get lost because I will be able to read the signs and names of the places. Kekekeke...so enough of the introduction. Let's go back to the story.

 

“Noona...oraenmanhaeyo!!" the beautiful girl said and then she hugged me. I pushed her abruptly. I don't know her, why is she hugging me?

 

“Wait, wait...Who are you? Why did you hug me?!!”

 

“Dara, I guess you didn't recognize your brother?” my stepfather said.

 

Brother?!! How.. she's a girl. Is she? Wait a minute. Her voice seems thick for a girl. Omo! is she really a he? I furrowed my brows and stared at her his face closely. I was trying to recall my stepbrother's face. She He smiled at me. Wait, I know that smile. I point my finger on him. “You!! It's you! Kim Jinwoo?!”

 

“Finally, you recognized me. I thought you already forgot about me!” he  pouted then hugged me again.

 

“Sorry. I was not able to recognized you right away. You also spoke in Korean and I panic. I thought you were just a stranger. You know I don't understand Korean well. And one more thing, you look...different.”

 

“Different?” he asked.

 

“You look like....you look pretty. You look like a girl” I blurted out.

 

“Aissh...noona" he whined and pouted.

 

“Oh! Oh!... See.. see.. you're so cute!!!” I pinched his cheek.

 

“Ah..ah..noona, apayo!! Geumanhaeyo, jebal!!”

 

I stopped pinching his cheek. I look at him with question mark on my eyes ?_?. I did not understand anything he said. It was so fast, I wasn't able to hear it properly. He started laughing at me. Tch... >_<

 

“Don't worry noona. I'll teach you the language” ^_______^ he is smiling from ear to ear. His smile is contagious. So I smiled at him as well.

 

We went out the airport and found myself infront of a car. O_O My eyes grew wider upon seeing the car that's waiting for us.

 

“Seriously?? Limousine?? Bodyguards??”

 

I glanced at my stepfather and he just smiled at me. He told us to go inside the car. The bodyguard opened the car door and I stepped inside. My stepbrother followed and then my stepfather. I gulped. This is the first time I rode on a very expensive car. Just how rich my stepfather is. Do we really need to ride in this with bodyguards? Haaaiisssst....

 

“Dara, do you want to eat first?”

 

“No. I'm not hungry yet. If you don't mind I wanted to go straight to mom”

 

“Araseo”

 

All the excitement that I was feeling awhile ago when I was on the plane is long gone. Right now, I suddenly feel melancholic. I feel like I wanted to go back to the Philippines. But I know I have no one there. They are now my family. Also, the reason why I went here is because of my mom.

 

I didn't notice that we already arrived at our destination if not because of the bodyguard opening the car door. I grabbed the flower and stepped out of the car. I..I don't know what to feel. My brain is still absorbing everything. I thought it already sunk in. But I was wrong. We were walking forward until we reached mom. My tears fall down and I fall on my knees. Then suddenly my life flashes on my mind......

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter