File Unlocked: Kyungsoo

Play By The Cards

Do Kyungsoo 

January 12 1993

 Brains

 

 

Kyungsoo sat on the white carpeted floor of the grand living room. This area and much like the rest of the house was kept spotless; on one hand it was because there was no-one around to make a mess of such a big space and the other being the labour of the working maids. The black leather couches were positioned around him while facing him was a unlit fireplace harbouring a big flat screen TV above the marble made object. 

Kyungsoo had the television turned to the news channel while he freely read his physics textbook that one of the many males had gotten him and did his homework as the anchors droned on about tax raises and declining money worth. Kyungsoo did not know why it was so hard for people to oblige to paying taxes, it was essential to keep the city running or else they would all be living in a dump; much like it was already turning out be. He pushed up his glasses and read on about 'Two-dimensional Motion'.

Yoona, the maid who was tasked in taking care of the small boy popped her head in to check on him already knowing he still had his head stuck in the book. Her lips curled into a smile at the sight; she had two boys of her own but neither of them was diligent in studying as the young master was. She had brought them over once thinking Kyungsoo could maybe rub off on them and tutor them in a few things but they had come back to her crying saying 'Kyungsoo was a monster'. She had asked the boy what had happened and he had said simply, 'I can't teach defectives'. Yoona had not really understood the young master but that was always a reoccurring prospect to the boy. 

"Kyungsoo?" the maid called as she approached the small boy. He didn't look up from his book. "Kyungsoo" she said again tapping him on his shoulder and he finally looked up, narrowing his eyes. 

"You are interrupting me" he said a hint of annoyance to his voice and Yoona was taken aback by the forwardness of the boy. He was usually quiet and when he did speak it was something none of the maids understood but never disrespectful.

"I'm sorry, I have a message from your parents who just called" she stated and Yoona saw the boys eyes lighten ever so slightly. "They aren't coming home tonight. They are swamped at work".

Yoona saw the tiny light in his eyes crash into a dark glare and her heart rate picked up, she has never seen a small child hold so much hardness in their stare, even his shoulders went rigid. Kyungsoo looked away and back to his textbook. 

"Are not" he says and Yoona raises and eyebrow in confusion, "excuse me?" she questions. 

Kyungsoo kept reading as he answers. "It isn't 'aren't', it's 'are not'" he turned to her then and she gasped lightly, the look in his eyes was piercing as if it was drilling a hole into her. "Have you not been to school? why are you so illiterate? The whole lot of you". He said with contempt.

Yoona looked on astonished and offended before making her way out of the living room without another word, worried and frightened for the little boy who wore such dead eyes. She didn't know what or when it happened but that was not the young master she used to see walking around with his nose stuck innocently into a book.

Kyungsoo despised conjoined words used just to shorten ones sentence. He never understood why humans felt the need to take the short way in everything they do, nothing good ever came of it and in the worst case you become a maid with no literate trait. Kyungsoo felt beyond angry, he wanted to break something and smash it to pieces; his mom and dad have not been home in over a month and if they did step foot in the house Kyungsoo would never know because he was either sleeping or woke up to them being gone. They even missed his eighth birthday two weeks ago and ended up sending him a cheap gift of hand crafted toy cars when he remembered specifically asking them for a 'Celestron 80mm Ambassador Telescope'; he had gotten into the world of astronomy and wanted to discover different stars.

Kyungsoo did not know why he got his hopes up even in the slightest of them coming home today over any other day. Kyungsoo has grown to be mad at his parents for neglecting him and has become used to them being gone; it was like he lived alone. He leaned over to the left adjusting himself on the carpet having sat there for a bit too long but as he did that his squashed the remote changing the channel to a random network.

"Next up; How I Killed my Parents" the TV announcer informed. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, was that really the title? He asked himself.

Kyungsoo felt intrigued as to what type of content this show could have and when it started he sat there thinking it was just another scripted show like those about people having paranormal encounters. But as Kyungsoo watched on he felt more and more intrigued as they talked about kids who have murdered their parents, what happened and why they did it; having relatives speak to the camera about what they knew. Soon Kyungsoo became hooked; his textbook and homework forgotten as he leaned his elbows on his knees and watched, taking everything in. 

From then on Kyungsoo never missed another episode, he made sure to do all his homework and reading before the show was scheduled to air. Each story was interesting on how and why these kids chose to kill their parents; at first Kyungsoo sympathised with the parents having such messed up kids that would even think to do that to them but after some time he leaned more towards the children's side and found himself agreeing with what they did, even silently cheering them on and backing their plan and actions as they gruesomely murdered their parents.

Something had switched in Kyungsoo as it became part of his routine to be entertained by the show and Yoona saw it each time they had an encounter; the way he would yell at her and offend her with his smart wit, the way he looked at her as if stalking her every move and each time she would feel a chill run up her spine and he had even started locking himself in his bedroom. Yoona didn't know what was going on but she knew it felt wrong.

She soon become frightened and alarmed at the boy when Yoona found him in the kitchen one day playing with one of the many knifes, stabbing at the air aggressively but what made her heart pound was the way he smiled, menacing and wild. He had turned to see her and she jumped but he just tilted his head and asked, "Is this the sharpest one?".

Kyungsoo has come to despise his parents gradually each day their bed stayed unused. He would go in and look around, sometimes even smashing things before leaving. He would go back to a tidy room but he would repeat the process, relishing in the heat that clawed at his stomach ready to tear out at the thought of them.

 

 

 

It was a gloomy rainy day. Kyungsoo sat at the table, all the maids were off accept the one maid who his parents put in charge of him; Kyungsoo never took the liberty to learn her name. She usually stayed over, having her own guest room on long time frames when Kyungsoo's parents did not come home. Kyungsoo used to feel sorry over the fact that he kept her away from her boisterous, noisy sons but he did not care anymore, he did not care for much of anything anymore. 

"Kyungsoo, please eat your vegetables and do not forget you need to bathe after" the maid spoke while washing the dishes. Kyungsoo had told her he would no longer listen if she did not speak in full sentences and stop using shortened words. 

Kyungsoo said nothing just as they heard the sound of the front door open and close. Kyungsoo watched as the maid questioned who it could be with the way she set her body; Kyungsoo didn't know when but he had started to pick up on and accurately read people's body language, watching and analyzing as if  in any moment he would strike. The maid turned the corridor that lead to the front door and Kyungsoo heard her speaking with two other people and seconds after the maid was coming back with a male and woman behind her. 

Kyungsoo's parents. 

Kyungsoo saw them stride in, smiling in his direction and his mother held her arms open as if to allow him to run and hug her but Kyungsoo stayed where he was. He saw his mother's face fall and look up at his father who also looked puzzled. "Kyungsoo is everything alright, sweetie?" his mother asked coming over and patting his head. 

Kyungsoo hated it; her touch, her voice filled with concern. How could they act as if nothing was wrong like they have not been gone for so long. Kyungsoo said nothing and his parents took to addressing the maid to which she shrugged and informed them that he's been acting strange for some time now. 

"Kiddo, we brought you someth-" his father started but Kyungsoo stood up from his seat and silently walked passed them as if they did not exist.

Kyungsoo never came back down stairs or left his room even when his parents knocked so they could talk having heard from the maid that he was most likely upset at their lengthy absence but Kyungsoo could not care less about what his parents did anymore. He opened the drawer in his desk pulling out a cloth wrapped object; it was the knife he had been practicing with in the kitchen that day, since then he had sharpened it and kept it hidden. Kyungsoo grinned to himself at the sight of the metal object, his parents faces came to mind and the heat that's been attacking him burned deep and low. 

"You will see how it is to be forgotten and left behind" he mumbled to himself. 

Later that night while everyone was sleeping, his parents in their long time vacant bed for once, he went about his plan. He crossed the hall towards the maids room with a handful of his parents pictures from their many photo albums. The maid had went home on account of his parents being home so he freely entered. The room was big like the others but he saw that the maid had arranged it to be more homely and cozy with the knitted quilt, photos of her family on the dresser. Some of her cosmetics sat on the vanity and stray clothes hung up in the closet or folded on the shelf above. Kyungsoo took a pen from his pocket and went over to the vanity where he scribbled all over the pictures; crossing out his parents faces or putting X's over their eyes and Kyungsoo taped them all over the mirror like a collage, sticking a few darts into them he got from the game room Kyungsoo never used. 

He then went around the house picking up valuable trinkets and placing them under the maids pillow or bed even some of his moms jewelry he had taken hours before when his parents had been drinking tea downstairs. Finally he made his way across the hall, his heart thumping with adrenaline as he pushed open his parents door slowly seeing their sleeping forms outlined under the covers. He crept into the room clutching the knife the took out of his back pocket and he climbed up on the bed like a predator to his prey, he straddled his mother looking down at her sleeping form; a dark menacing grin appearing on his face. 

She must of felt his weight on her as her eyes fluttered open, her face scrunched in confusion and she wiped her eyes, "Kyung-?" she started by the small boy brought the knife down, swiftly lodging it into her stomach and her eyes widen in shock. 

Kyungsoo smiled as her eyes landed on his own and down to the knife in her stomach, blood pooling into the fabric of her clothing. Kyungsoo dislodged the knife and her face contorted with pain and she started screaming her eyes staring at him with, hurt, pain, confusion, betrayal and fear. Kyungsoo grinned. He stabbed her again and her screams sounding through the empty house but slowly died out, his father shot up beside them as his mother was choking for air. He looked over at where Kyungsoo and his wife stayed and taking in the scene his eyes grew in horror. His eyes darted to Kyungsoo with the knife and his wife lying still, unmoving, but as he got over his shock and before he could make any action Kyungsoo lodged the knife into his throat and fear penetrated his eyes for a split second as they grew lifeless.

The fire in Kyungsoo's stomach rose to his chest as he let out a crazed laugh. When he retracted the knife his father fell back, dead, the blood from his fathers wound spurting all over his face But Kyungsoo was feeling too joyful to care as he took to stabbing them over and over. Blood drenched the sheets and he laughed until the signs of dawn emerged and he finally left the room looking like a bloody mess. He glanced at the knife in his hands before heading back to the maids room and put it under her pillow, careful to wipe blood in discreet places but open enough to catch by looking. Kyungsoo knew the maids would be here soon, he timed it as such. He went downstairs to the phone by the basement and dialed in 911, he waited and then put on his best show of a frantic person that he could. When he ended the call, Kyungsoo felt light with a weird sense of freedom and he once again started laughing thinking of his dead parents upstairs. 

How does it feel? Being left alone and neglected by your only son? he thought to himself as he silently left, leaving behind the lonely house that now looked at his retreating back even more broken and sad.