Episode 2: King of Spades

Play By The Cards

A knock sounded against the polished wooden door. Suho sat at his black desk looking over all the papers he's been neglecting; offers from other businesses for joint projects, a summary of his stocks having risen to an all-time high and some stuff he needed to sign off on.

"come in" he calls in a frustrated grunt. Being interrupted is something he hated from a list of many other things, reading over paperwork happened to be on it also.

The door slowly opened and the secretary of his office stepped in, closing the door and sauntering over to the CEO's desk. She stood there waiting, loving the stern look her boss had while staring at the paperwork he held.

"speak" he said with authority and Seulgi grew moist between her legs at his assertiveness. His black hair was slicked back and his fitted suit hugged nicely around his muscles, he looked delicious. 

Kang Seulgi has been working for Suho almost 3 years now, they first met in college when they were both taking the same business major. They went out for a time and even back then her boss still had the same stern look and cold eyes that she loved. He seemed strong and reliable, she knew he would make it big and when he did Seulgi vowed to work for him, she felt that they would be amazing partners. They broke up a year later when Suho told her he liked men and having with her wasn't doing anything for him but she always showed her feelings for him whether or not he acknowledged them and like she wished, later down the line they became great partners in crime, literally. 

Seulgi found out about her boss's ruthless killing habit one night at the office. She had stayed back late to do some extra desk work for the next day when she heard some noises coming from Suho's office. She had looked over to see the lights on which wasn't an odd sight, her boss was very hardworking and usually stayed later than anyone but what caused her to be curious was the muffled yelling coming from inside. Her curiosity taking over she crept close and peered into the crack of the door, her eyes widening with surprise. There on the floor was one of the employees lying bloody with multiple stab wounds one of which was in the neck. Her boss stood over the body, calm and expressionless, he looked up and they made eye contact. Seulgi had felt a kind of pact then, the longer he looked at her, not shrieking of fear or running she knew that they'd be binded by that night.

"I have the recent overlook of the clubs progress and negatives" she said smiling. 

Suho held out his hand for her to pass him the file. His eyes moved from the top of his desk to her and she squirmed, trying to adjust herself. She never got so aroused by anyone with just one look, no, only her boss could do that. Those cold dead eyes, she felt elated. 

As he observed the file, Seulgi made her way behind his desk. "these damn bastards, how many tables and chairs am I supposed to waste funds on over the year? At least the numbers are going up, I guess more of them are finding the place".

Suho suddenly felt gentle hands slide over his shoulders and down the front of his chest. "yeah, you sure do know how to run a good business" Seulgi whispered into his ear. She was dripping all down her leg and she wanted her boss. 

"who told you to speak?" Suho said angrily, pushing her hands off of him "and don't touch me, I'm in no mood for your antics." 

She brought her hands back, relentless, moving her head closer to his ear and it. "you know I can't help myself if you stare at me like that, I'm wet for you" she purrs.

Suho shot up and wrapped his fist around , pushing her up against the wall. His glare almost made Seulgi right there.

"I said don't touch me or I'll choke you out" he growls.

She smiles, face red " you know how much I loved it when you choked me" .

Suho watches as she moves her hands to hike up her skirt, touching herself. He clicks his tongue and swats her hand away replacing it with his own. Seulgi's legs shake at her bosses fingers sliding into her wet hole, her.

"y-yes. Faster, faster" she moaned. 

"you're such a , why are you drenched like this?" Suho says sticking in a third finger without warning.

Seulgi screams his name at the pleasure and he removes his hand from her neck and places it over "shut up".

He roughly but swiftly s his fingers into her faster and faster until she was a mess in his hands, her back arching against the wall. "hurry up and " Suho says looking at her pleasured face, eyes rolled back and a stupid smile on her face. He moved his fingers quicker and quicker adding his thumb to rub her .

She finally comes with a long moan and goes limp, feeling overly stimulated, "that felt so good" she whispers unable to move. 

"oh?" a deep voice sounds behind them "did I come to a filming instead of the CEOs office?"

Suho looks behind him and Seulgi lazily glances over, he takes his fingers out of his secretary and she slides to the floor. Suho goes over to his desk and grabs some tissues, throwing a handful to Seulgi before wiping his own hands. The male standing at the door dressed in all black attire goes over to one of the black leather couches that occupy the left side of the room and slumps down, kicking his leg up on the glass coffee table. 

Suho clicks his tongue, "this is not your house, remove your dirty feet before I come over there and slice them open".

The male laughs but does as he was told, not because he was scared but because he knew the CEO would do it without a second thought.

"leave!" Suho shouted at Seulgi who was now getting up on still shaky legs. She smiles and nods, shutting the door on her way out. 

Suho sits back down in his plush chair and faces the all black dressed male. "what brings you here, Phoenix?" 

Suho has known the overly tall assassin since a year ago when he hired him to get rid of some investors he wanted nothing to do with. He was a handsome guy from what he could see and if Suho went for immature adolescence he'd be in the males pants by now. He had a nice jawline and pretty full lips that anyone would drool over,

"the guy you wanted dead, that employee who was sharing stock, has been offed" Phoenix said crossing his arms and looking at the CEO from under his hood.

The male liked this client more than all the other people he's worked with, his eyes were cold in a way Phoenix knew he's killed someone, if not multiple people. Plus he was rich and he only worked for the wealthy because the tall male liked to be rewarded big for his generous deeds. 

"yeah, I saw it on the news" Suho stated, leaning back in his chair.

"y'know, that secretary of yours is crazy. I always here her mumbling explicit thoughts to herself involving you, one time I even saw her kissing a cardboard cutout of you in the lobby" Phoenix shook his head at the secretary's weird behaviour and obsession.

"it's too bad because she's super hot and I wouldn't mind having a share". The tall male looks towards the office's closed door.

"be my guest and take her off my hands, she may be my partner but she's really annoying. Sometimes I want to shove a knife in " Suho says rubbing his temples. 

The tall male chuckles. "oh yeah" Phoenix speaks up gaining the CEOs eyes on him "word on the street is, the police are back at it"

Suho pauses for a minute then narrows his eyes, "the case with us?" he asks.

Phoenix nods "and those other criminal dweebs. I honestly don't know why they think we are conspiring together" the tall male falls back on to the leather couch, laying horizontal. He dips his hand into his pant pocket and pulls out a lighter, it had an engraving of a flame on the front. He flips it open and starts playing with it, staring at the fire that emerges. 

"I thought they quit" Suho questions, looking at his blue computer screen.

"I heard from Lay, he texted me before. They're at the hospital right now" Phoenix informs. 

Suho sighed, this is probably going to be a pain in the . "well, we'll just have to wait and see if we are finally going to be killing some police officers".

The tall male closed the lighter and sat up, turning towards Suho. Phoenix always wore a hoodie that covered half his face and just left the lower part showing so all Suho saw was the menacing smile that filled the space but he could already tell what type of eyes were being hidden away and Suho smiled along.

"I've always wanted to do that" Phoenix said. 

-------------------------- 

Sehun and Jeonho follow the doctor too the right, down a gray carpeted hallway that occupied many doors. Dr. Zhang stops in front of the one at the end and reveals a pair of keys hooked to his waist. Unlocking the door he ushers the detectives in. 

The room was like any other doctors office, a desk, a filing cabinet, a stepping scale and a hospital bed probably for quick checkups.

"have a seat" Dr. Zhang said gesturing to the two chairs in front of his desk.

Sehun and Jeonho do as told and Dr. Zhang comes over to sit in his chair opposite of them.

"Dr. Zha-"

"Yixing" the male interrupted with a smile.

Jeonho falters but nods "Yixing. Before we get to the main point, we'd like to bring forth those claims against you that we have on file".

"why? are there new ones? I thought the police department were done with this investigation" Yixing says looking at them both, steadily.

"well, we have claims but no real evidence and that's also why we're here. Mind if we take a look around?" Jeonho encourages.

Yixing chuckles. Sehun watches the male, the way he moved had a calmness to it, like he wasn't fazed by the fact that they were here or surprised even that they took this case up again.

"you seem unbothered for a person whose being accused of murder, should we take this as you having no arguments and all claims are true?" Sehun pointedly asks.

Yixing's eyes move from Jeonho to him, they were hard not light and smiley like before. What was wrong with this guy? He seemed to have two different sides to him.

"Mr...." Yixing trails off.

"Sehun, Oh Sehun and this is my partner Kang Jeonho" the tall detective introduced. 

"Mr. Oh, I have a lot of death on my hands, I'm a surgeon. Despite what the media says, I do come up short sometimes" Yixing says to him matter-of-factly.

The two policemen look at each other both agreeing that he had a point.

Yixing looked at the two males, they were persistent he thought. He's had to deal with the police department before but that was years ago and even then it was easy to put them off his trail, with a smile and a few kind words. But these two especially detective Oh, didn't look like they were deterred that easily, Yixing blamed it on the curiousity of the young.

But Yixing knew why they were here, as the detectives said, they were here for him and seven others. Those seven other guys could be grouped as the celebrities of the criminal field, known and respected by other bad criminals and sometimes even hated. Yixing knew those guys well, along with most of the underground units of lurking bad guys. He was their private doctor you could say, anything they needed stitched or tended to they came to him.

Sehun glanced at the doctor, he just had an air about him the way he sat calmly and talked to the two detectives. Sehun felt like he knew something but he didn't know for sure. 

"Dr. Zha-..er..i mean, Yixing. Can you tell us anything about OT8?" Sehun asked.

Behind his folded hands, Yixing smiled. This was going to be interesting.

"I don't think I know what you're talking about" Yixing lied. 

"OT8. A group of criminal master minds who up until now have evaded our grasp. We believe you to be one of them based on your file record" the shorter detective spoke up, Jeonho. 

Just then Wendy, Yixing's assistant, walks in gaining the three men's attention.

"ah. Wendy, do you need something?" Yixing looked towards her, giving her a curt signal as the heads of the detectives were turned.

Wendy didn't falter but acknowledged her bosses signal. "Dr. Zhang, you have another operation in two minutes, the OR has been prepped"

"thank you Wendy" the doctor says.

The two males switch their attention back to Yixing. "I'm sorry detectives, that I couldn't be of much help but I do need to leave".

Yixing gets up and comes around the desk ushering the two males to stand up. Sehun and Jeonho confused, look at each other. "but we have more questions" Sehun says as he is pushed out the office.

"I'm sorry but my job comes first, saving people's lives come first" Yixing gives him a warm smile, patting his chest.

The doctor turns away from them to walk back down the hall with his assistant relaying the specifics of the operation.

"well that was a waste" Jeonho says watching the doctors back disappear around the corner. 

"tell me about it, that gave us nothing but the fact that he seems innocent" Sehun rubs his face. "this guy could just be a simple surgeon. What if those claims were just from angry, hurt family members from their loss?".

Jeonho groans. "all I know is that we are still at square one and that I need a coffee break"

Sehun nods "yeah, let's go get some bubble tea and talk things over" he starts walking.

"I said coffee not bubble tea" Jeonho rolls his eyes at his partners obsession.

As the two walk out of the hospital, Sehun's phone starts to ring. He fishes it out of his pocket to see the Chiefs name on his screen, he swipes to answer. 

"yes Chief?" he answers?

"you and Jeonho get here now!" he shouts through the phone and hangs up.

Sehun takes the phone away from his ear and looks at the screen confused,

"what is it?, was it from the department?" Jeonho asked.

Sehun nods "it was Chief"

"what did he want?"

Sehun shook his head "I don't know but it sounded urgent so let's hurry" 

"does this mean no coffee break?" Jeonho says disheartened but Sehun keeps walking and he sighs.

They both hustle into Sehun's car and he pulls out of the parking lot, turning onto the road and speeding off.

 

 

 

They return to the department and using their badges they check into the building. They make a beeline for the Chiefs office.

"what is it? Why were you yelling over the phone?" Sehun asks as they enter.

The head of the department looks at them with wary hard eyes and his mouth pressed into a line. "follow me" he says getting up.

The two young officers were confused but followed. The Chief leads them into the elevator and presses the button to the basement.

The chief doesn't say a word as they go down. The door opens and they come off, walking down the hallway and turning left to the forensics room.

"what are we doing in here?" Sehun questions.

They pass by some of the workers and head to the back room where Minho the head of forensics stood over a table.

He looks up as they come in "oh hey guys, just taking some samples".

Sehun looked to the table and almost hurled. There was a scattering of what looked like cut up human parts, Jeonho beside him also gagged at the sight.

"what the hell Chief? Is that what I think it is?" Sehun makes a disgusted face at the parts covering his mouth and nose.

"yes. It's a body that's been cut up and skinned. It arrived in a package near the rear of the department a while after you left, we thought it was a bomb but as you can see it was something much more brutal" the Chief informs.

"what? Any idea who sent it?" Jeonho questioned.

"none. The package had no return address. So far we've only been able to identify that it was a boy around the age of 14, Minho is still working on finding out the identity"

Sehun couldn't believe what he was hearing, who would do such a grotesque thing and to a kid no less, they had to be all types of sick.

"any ideas on who could've done this?" Sehun asks.

"well-" Chief started.

"OT8" said a voice near the doorway cutting him off.

Everyone looked behind them to see head police officer, Leeteuk. He walked over and put two hands on his hips looking at them, Minho on the other hand kept working.

"those guys are obviously behind this. They are the ruthless type and are capable of stooping as low as this, that's why we need you to hurry and catch them detective Oh. The longer they're out getting off scott free things like this will continue" Leeteuk argues.

Sehun wondered, was it OT8? He knew them to be merciless but would they really do something of this scale? Finding them seemed crucial at this point but he was still at square one.

"I don't think it's them" Chief pipes up and they all turn to him, even Minho, who knows him to be the first to acccuse those criminals himself. "I think we have a bigger case on our hands" .

"old man, aren't you the one whose been wanting these guys off the streets for years? they've turned our department on its head multiple times and now that they've finally gone too far, making them even more dangerous to let roam the streets you want to disregard them as suspects?" Officer Leeteuk looked at Chief as if he had two heads.

"it's just not their style, I really think there is something bigger here. Nothing like this has happened in Ilcan before" he puts his fingers to his chin, thinking.

"now criminals have styles?" Leeteuk questioned.

Sehun and Jeonho watched the two. The whole department knew they'd fought a lot, Leeteuk being the head of police who wants to become chief but the old man finding him not ready or suitable for the role. Most of their bickering and hostile atmosphere was because of that.

The Chief looked up "yes officer, that's how we distinguish a serial killer from a theif"

They both stare at each other for a while before Leeteuk huffs and leaves. Chief turned to Sehun and Jeonho who have been quiet. 

"both of you are done for today, I'll talk to you later about your progress" he said.

He walks passed the two detectives and Sehun sticks his hand out to stop him, the Chief looked back at him.

"you're not going to ask us to join the case?"

Chief turned to them "you are on the case, as much as I think it doesn't add up OT8 is all we have as a lead right now and you're in charge of finding them, so hurry"

 

 

Back at his desk, Sehun swivels around on his wheeled chair feeling drained of today's events and frustrated that he hasn't got not one step closer to finding these criminals. Why was this so hard? He thought, it's not like he and the department has never uncovered a criminals identity before or found there whereabouts.

But these guys are skilled, how else can they go so long without being caught or even have proper documented files in police records, no names, no pictures, nothing.

Sehun sighed as he sat up, feeling around in his chest pocket for a pen but his fingers touched something different. He looks down to see a paper tucked into the small space. "What's this?" He asked himself. Sehun pulls it out and looks at the object confusingly, it was the King of Spades playing card.

That's weird, Sehun mused. Why is this in my uniform pocket?