Episode 15: Assembled

Play By The Cards

Suho stares out the big window of his office, he had a great view of the destruction of the building next to his corporation. Reduced to nothing but rubble, it could've easily been his and somehow he felt that he was also a passive target, but why? That's what he asks himself. His eyes skirt upwards to the horizon, looking out to see the bright green forests that cut off Ilcan from the other cities, some taking hours to get to, others maybe days if you didn't take the scheduled train rides that carry you out of the city. 

Something was nagging at him but he couldn't put his finger on it. He's also gotten word that most of the criminals the police were after, being a part of OT8, were captured thanks to Pheonix who insisted on keeping in touch despite not taking any jobs for the time being. Suho turns away from the window and goes back to sitting in his chair leaning back as much as it allowed, his eyebrows were furrowed together. At some point he was going to be tracked down even if he made sure no soul knew he was involved in the criminal scene. 

A knock interrupts his turmoil and he casts his glare to his assistant. "Seulgi what do you want? I told all of you that I don't want to be disturbed" he huffed. She walks over to his desk with a small smile on his lips, as usual she was wearing an outfit that was just nearly crossing the line from office wear to a cheap ty Halloween costume. 

"Sir, a letter has been delivered for you. We told him to leave it at the head desk but he insisted it be delivered personally". Suho raises his eyebrows. "Who was he?" he asks reaching out to grab the envelope Seulgi was holding out to him. The woman shrugs, "they said it was some dude in a black hood".

The CEO stops just short of opening the sealed paper and stares at it, black hood? Pheonix? It can't be, the obnoxious kid would've already made himself known by appearing in his office in that stealthy way he does. Suho proceeds to rip open the top of the envelope and takes out the paper inside. 

This is your fault. I will be your destruction.

That's it, that was all that was on the piece of paper. Suho frowns deeply as he reads the word, who? Who sent this? He swivels around his chair and goes back to the window to look outside at the rubble beside his building. Police tape was around everything and construction workers were already cleaning it up to probably rebuild the whole thing. Could this be from the people who did that? He was in his office that night and when the first blast went off he was nothing but questioning as he watched from the same window in silent dismissal. He brings the paper up to read it again and this time his eyes scan the length of the paper until it catches something at the bottom. In that moment his face hardens into a deep and hateful scowl, his fists tighten around the paper; crinkling it. Suho's eyes darted across the floor as his brain ran through things quickly, He turns to Seulgi who was not the least bit ashamed at being caught ogling his . When Seulgi looked up and noticed the look he sported her eyes widened in fear and thrill at the same time, his eyes locked on to hers. "Take me to the police". 

 

 

Pheonix drops the male on the gurney that the handful of policeman by the front door of the department brought for him. He watches as they wheel the unconscious detective away and down a hall. Xiumin follows the hooded male as he takes them to the office area, where the holding cell of criminals rested. As Pheonix pushed through the doors he saw the same bulk of desk rats typing away at their computers, he pushes Xiumin to the holding cell and unlocks it with the key on his belt. Xiumin walks idly inside undeterred and leans against the bars near the door.

Pheonix looks at Lay who was now up and about, mostly all of them were, probably feeling anxious and trapped now. The hooded male smirked, they were about to feel even more trapped than ever. "Lay, we need you" he voiced to the doctor, they all look his way and then at the new addition to which they seemed to gloss over. 

"Why?" the male says with uneven but hard eyes. "We have a medical emergency and they need your expertise" Pheonix said with a smile, he flits his eyes too look at Baekhyun who stood with his arms crossed, eyes narrowing at the tall male. Lay looks at him steadily before coming over just as a hand clamps down on Pheonix's shoulder; at the contact the tall males amused smile drops and his face turns dark under his hood, his eyes dart to the side as he grips the hand that touched him and reached further back with his other hand to grip their forearm like a vice. He used his bodies height and strength to pull forward, hard; bending as he uses his hip and the momentum to lift the person up and over his shoulder watching as they fall forward to the ground in front of him on their back with a hard thud. He twists their arm just as they cry out, his vision red. 

"Stop, . Let go it's just me!" Pheonix snaps out of it and as his vision steadies again from the brief adrenaline he sees the Chief on the floor, his face contorted in pain. Pheonix let's go swiftly, backing up, ", sorry Chief. I didn't know it was you, it's a habit". 

Pheonix looks up at the other criminals and they looked amused at what just took place. The Chief slumped to his feet, rubbing at his arm. "We are in the department Chanyeol, there's no need for self defense" Chief looked at him questioningly. "You almost gave me a heart attack and broke my arm. I think my back is bruised now".

"Sorry, but Lay is needed. Jeonho is hurt" at the sound of that Chiefs attention snaps fully to the taller, forgetting his bruised arm. "What happened to Jeonho?" He asked urgently.

"He got shot, when things went a bit wrong acquiring the next target of Ot8" Pheonix gestured to Xiumin who looked bored at everything. "We didn't have time to go all the way to the hospital and we figured since we have Lay, a doctor, we'd bring him back here. The officers by the front door had wheeled him somewhere" the tall male informs. 

Chief looks at Lay and then gestures for him to come out the cell. He does. Pheonix locks the barred door trapping the others again. The head motioned for some of the lingering officers in the broom, either filing in information or calling for a warrant. "Take him to Jeonho, let him fix him up but stay with him at all times. Gather a couple other officers to help out. They would've carried Jeonho to forensics room so head down there".

They watched as the officers escorted Lay out of the room. "Well that was entertaining" Kai says from where he sat with one leg draped over the other, looking as hot as ever. "But can I ask why exactly you have us held up in here? Why not just chuck us all in prison and be done with us if you lot feel so threatened".

"Back stabbing prick has a point" Baekhyun spoke up coming over to stand by the bars. He was right near Pheonix and the taller reached out to run a thumb down the line of his jawline. Baekhyun jerked back at the touch and looked at him incredulously, "what the hell, man?" he exclaims. Pheonix his lips, in all his life he's never been hung over a guy like this, not even a girl but somehow Baekhyun just stirs something in him. "You're cute" he says simply, not one for many sentiments but wanting to express one. 

"You're a right quack, dude. Don't touch me" the shorter scorns and scoots away. Pheonix chuckles, he'll come around; they always do. 

"Well for one" the Chief goes on as if the scene didn't happen "Jeonho and Sehun have a deal with two of you and as the head of the department I haven't quite agreed that you guys are behind these attacks" he states. Pheonix's attention moves from the cute criminal to his boss, eyes narrowing slightly. 

"What do you mean?" Pheonix questions, arms folding over his chest. Chief looks at the hand the hooded male had abused, "I feel like there's something deeper going on and mostly all of you are locked up so it doesn't seem plausible".

Pheonix hums unamused. "Most but not all, what makes you so sure those that are left aren't still organizing?" he questions the Chief innocently. 

"It's the way things are being handled, the way these things are being executed; So secretly that they just pop up randomly. They take the city by surprise as if those behind it want to cause chaos; a ruckus, but I have no idea for what purpose" Chief says his eyes trailed to the door in thought. "When you guys were running a muck, you left nothing to the imagination, everything was out in the open and straightforward" the older man shakes his head and looks at the four criminals behind bars, "I haven't told anyone this, but I think I need you guys for something". 

All of their eyes and ears perk up at the Chiefs words. "For what?" Chen pipes up. "Something that won't sit well with a few". The head then turns to Pheonix "speaking of which, where is detective Oh? He didn't come back with you?". Pheonix pushes off the barred door, already in the need for some fresh air and to stretch his legs. "I don't know, he hopped out of the car suddenly before telling me to hurry and take Jeonho back here, he told me not to ask questions so I didn't and just drove off" he informs the Chief. 

He takes steps towards the door and before he can fully open it, someone bounds in abruptly making Pheonix having to scoot aside. When his eyes land on the familiar CEO, he didn't react but his eyebrow quirked in question. The small but stern male stalked to the middle of the room, where a surprised Chief stood. 

"Release those criminals, now" his voice hard and demanding as he pointed to the cell. Pheonix stood behind them near the door and a small smile comes to his lips, this will be interesting. 

 

 

"Go, go!" the lanky male said as they run sneakily through the slumps of the city. Cans of gasoline filled their hands along with bundles of matches in their pockets. It was only a group of them but it was enough to scale out the buildngs in the area. They split up as they enter the lobby off each and spill oil all of over, the lanky male shook the can over a unoccupied lobby that just hosted half-assed decor and three built in elevators and a stairwell to the right. 

"We have to hurry, boss told us not to take too long. We have to get back to post" the lanky males partner says as he retrieves a match from his pocket. "Yeah, I'm done, light it". And so the other does and they run out the building as the fire catches and grows uncontrollably, whoever are in the apartments will realise too late as the group that was sent out before them had disabled all the alarm systems. 

 

 

Sehun creeps up the steps. He had been following the male he had recognized on the street, he was right; it was the male from the cafe. He had seen him enter this building and Sehun has been trying to be as discreet as possible, he breaks through a graffit'd covered door into a hall full of apartment doors. The male had taken the elevators but not to raise suspicion Sehun had stayed in the lobby watching to see which floor he stopped off at, before going to the stairwell. 

He walks quietly down the hall, thanking whoever that they were carpeted. His hand was gently resting by his hip and on top of the gun he carried around. The detective didn't know what door the criminal went into and he didn't really have a plan to figure it out. ". What do I do know?" he whispers to himself. 

Sehun slowly keeps walking down the hall when a noise sounds out into the silent hall. His hands quickly unclips the gun and he brings it up, going towards the noise. He gets halfway when he notices one of the doors ajar; quickly but quietly he jogs up to it his gun still hoisted in case the need for a quick trigger. Sehun reaches out one hand and pushes the door open a little more before walking in. At first glance it was a fairly sparce space, dirty white walls, chipped flooring with a raggedy carpet; a small kitchen to his right and the living room on full display. Sehun looks left down the short hall that held two doors then right back at the kitchen, he steps forward but his foot suddenly snags on something and he goes falling to the floor and his gun slips from his hands skidding forward into the open living space. What the hell?

Sehun winces and pushes himself up into a keeling position, passively registering the sound of clicks and clatters. He looks behind him to see what it was that trapped him but all he saw was the open door looking into the hall and nothing on the ground. Then what the hell tripped him? Suddenly a sharp slicing sound in the air captures his attention and Sehun looks up above him to see something black and round overhead that was now falling and Sehun panics, scrambling out of the way half crawling and half rolling. A loud 'clunk' resonated through the apartment as the black round object crashes on to the floor leaving a visible dent. Sehun's heart was thumping quickly and his breathing was irregular as he inspects the object, it was a bowling ball.

The detective looks up from where the heavy object came from to see a series of connecting contraptions as if chain linked to set each other off with the end result obviously being the ball drop. "Crazy" he mumbled, his fall must've triggered it somehow. Sehun shakes his head and tries not to think about how his head was seconds away from being crushed. He goes to get up when he feels something lock around his throat, his breath catches and his heart rate picks up again. Sehun casts his eyes downward to catch sight of a forearm and then something hard presses against his head, it didn't take long for him to guess what it was; he knew. His gun. 

"Why are you following me?" comes a voice from behind him, deep and smooth. Sehun tries to turn but the males arms locks on tighter and Sehun chokes a little. "Do not move, answer me or I will blow your brains like the bowling ball was supposed to do". 

Sehun tired to swallow around the lump in his throat but it was just uncomfortable with someone cutting off his airway. "You're the guy, from the cafe incident" the detective chokes out, "you killed the manager".

"So? What is it to you Mr. Detective. Are you here to arrest me? Because it seems like you are in no position to be playing cop" the male says near his ear emphasizing his words by pushing the barrel of the gun harder against his temple. 

Sehun feels the arm detached from around his neck "Stand up, now" the smooth voiced male demands and Sehun obliged being in no position to deny. He gets to his feet rubbing his neck, for someone so short the male was strong. The detective turns around and as he comes face to face with the male his eyes widen, he looks completely different with his hair in a neat buzz cut; the gun still trailed on Sehun. 

"Leave" the shorter male says sternly, a deep frown on his face making him look very intimidating. Sehun looks behind him and notices a picture frame sitting idly by the wall. It was a picture of a middle aged man and some woman, Sehun brings his eyes back to the glaring male. " I said leave" and Sehun sees his finger press more into the trigger. His heart was pumping uncontrollably fast, he didn't plan for this to go this way. 

"This isn't your home" Sehun says and the male frowns more if possible. "Of course not, I would never willingly live in a dump like this" he scoffs. 

"Then where is the man who lives here?" Sehun inclines his chin behind the male and he turns slightly to look, cursing as he sees the picture. "He's dead" he says matter-of-factly and Sehun looks into his cold gaze knowing full well that the male standing in front of him had a hand in that death, if the trap by the door was any indication he was a very smart criminal.

"You killed him" Sehun stated and the male laughs darkly, "way to go detective, took you long enough. I did, I slit that old man's throat and shoved him down the waste shoot" a smirk played on his lips and Sehun shivered at the sheer darkness of it; what had he gotten himself into. Sehun could see some more of the living room from where he stood and as he looked to the left a small table with a lone chair beside it was covered in papers and cards. But he saw something that resembled a wallet that was opened and harboured what looked like an ID. There was also money stashed on the table neatly as if it was being counted before hand. Fraud, is the first thing that comes to Sehun's mind.

"At first I was only going to take you into custody for the murder but I can also see you're involed in something more. From what I read form your file; fraud, framing, you're one of them, OT8. I need to arrest you" Sehun says upon realization. The shorter male laughs "those imbeciles? Me? All this policing must be getting to your head".

Sehun knew he was going to shoot but still barely manages to dodge the bullet as he slams himself into the wall. The criminal points the gun at him again and this time Sehun was ready to dodge by moving to the side as the bullet lodged into the wall and then throwing himself at the male. They both go falling to the ground, Sehun on top. The male tries to struggle from under the detective but Sehun outweighed him, he used it to his advantage and grabbed a hold of the hand the smaller held the gun in; trying to wrestle it from him but he just thrashed beneath the taller.

"Get the off!" he shouts and throws a punch at Sehun's jaw, he grunted at the impact of a strong fist and falls off to the side. The male took the chance and got to his feet before Sehun could regain his composure and points the gun in his direction. 

But just then a loud crash sounds and the suffocating smell of smoke drifts the room. Sehun looks over at the open door and sees a grey cloud wafting in and the floor under him felt oddly hot. "What the hell?" he hears the male say. Sehun looks up at him but he was no longer paying attention to the detective and the gun was lowered. Sehun wasted no time, he knocked the object out of the shorter males hand, stunning him, before taking it and pointing it to which the male just stared hard at him. 

Sehun moves behind him and takes the cuffs he had on him from his waist and locks them firmly around the shorters wrists. He looks up just as the windows suddenly shatter and glass sprays everywhere. "!" Sehun says as he feels stray glass cut his face, he moves his arms to block the rest; after he lowers his arms is when he sees the fire. Sehun's eyes widen at the flames catching the walls and the flimsy curtains. The male stays standing in front of him and Sehun grabs him, heading to the open door that was letting in thick clouds of smoke. 

The hallway was worse, a part of the ceiling had collapsed and it trapped the males where they stood. The flames were getting bigger and bigger and the smoke thicker as it caught on anything it could, which was a lot. Now Sehun wasn't so thrilled about the carpeted floors. "How are we going to get out?" the detective mumbles to himself, looking back into the room to see the fire quickly consuming most of the living room. Sehun's mind was reeling, he couldn't think. He was hearing screaming as well and he realized there were people who also lived in the building, even if they looked abandoned people still called it home and Sehun looks on in horror as most of the doors were engulfed in flames. He wanted to help them but he knew he could do nothing, if he opened those doors he'd be blasted with heat. 

"You are useless. Follow me" Sehun snaps out of his shocked state to see the handcuffed male by pass him and go in the opposite direction. Sehun obliges and follows, the male shoulders through a door that Sehun noticed is another stairwell and starts climbing upwards. 

Sehun was wondering why they were going up and not down but he couldn't ask as the smoke was becoming overbearing and he had to cover his mouth and nose. They climbed up three flights before coming to a platform with a lone door, the small male pushes it open with his shoulder and suddenly Sehun was looking out onto the roof. It was a wide space with a big metal box encasing that housed the ventilation system. He continues to follow the criminal to the edge of the building and Sehun hands begin to sweat. 

"What are we doing u-" but his words get caught in his throat because as he looks up from where he stood he saw that the building beside them was also being consumed by flames and when he looked around, Sehun realized that almost every building was engulfed in flames. What the hell is going on? How did all these building catch fire? The heat was making sweat prick against his skin even if he was outside, below on the streets he saw handfulls of people running around and some standing around watching with unreadable faces.

"Uncuff me" he hears the male say and looks at him, his stern face held no room for arguments but Sehun wasn't having it. "No, you're a criminal in a suspected act".

"Shut up and do it, unless you want to burn with this building" he answers with a frown "we do not have time before the bars get too hot, hurry up. your policing ", he s his wrists out to Sehun silently demanding he do it and Sehun sighs heavily before shoving his hand into his pocket and retrieving the key. As soon as the cuffs fall off the shorter male turns and hops over the buildings edge, 'What?!" Sehun exclaims running to look over. 

The criminal was there clinging to one of the long pipes that ran up the building like the one him and Jeonho had used to get into the dealers apartment. The male looked up, big eyes judging him "you can stay here if you want, matter-of-fact, I would prefer it so I could be off the hook".

The shorter starts climbing down and Sehun frowns. This guy was very different from the others, he seemed very stuck up and too smart for his own good. Sehun grabs the cuffs and does the same as the male, feeling the object getting warmer and warmer. Luckily he gets to the ground before his hands start to burn but he can feel the cuts on his face from the glass earlier. To Sehun's surprise instead of trying to run like he had thought, the short male holds his wrist out. 

"Just do it, there is no point in me running. You outweigh me and I only fight battles that I know I can win" he says. Sehun doesn't hesitate and binds him up again. The the taller looks around in concern and worry, families were trapped in there. "We have to help them, they're trapped" Sehun voiced, as the buildings smoke and flame, screams muffled but prominent. 

"They're dead" the male says beside him with a voice of stone and no emotion, once again Sehun shivers. "Who and why?" Sehun asked to no one in particular. 

"The same people who set off the bomb and did the lynching of course" the shorter male said. Sehun looks over at him, did he know?

"No, I do not know who did it" he answers as if reading the detectives mind and Sehun sighs, frowning. "But it is positively not the eight males you are gathering, I saw a bunch of men in black running around earlier if I had any say; I would place my bets on them".

Men in black? A bunch of them? Just then Sehun's phone rings and he jumps, feeling skittish from the events. The buildings were charring and the screams from before have gone silent leaving a dry feeling in the detective and an eerie quietness. The sound of far away sirens float through the street and people were chatting quietly as if raising their voices would make things worse. Some were sitting on the sidewalk crying as Sehun and the criminal walked onto the sidewalk away from the disaster, from the soot and charred clothing of some individuals Sehun could feel a tiny relief that some had escaped.

"Hello?" he answers. 

"Sehun, come back now! The CEO of Kim Enterprises is here demanding we release the criminals" he hears Chief exclaim urgently before the line goes dead. Sehun removes the device from his ear and knots his eyebrows together, staring at the screen. 

He grabs the locked wrists of the criminal, looking at the burning buildings another brief moment, the sirens of firetrucks blaring loudly as the big red machines roll into view. "Let's go".

 

 

When they get back, Sehun can hear two people yelling and he recognises it as the Chief and Leeteuk. He pushes through the door bringing the short male with him. The scene before him was not something Sehun saw everyday; Chief and a few officers were holding an angry Leeteuk back as the CEO of Kim Enterprises stood a few feet away arms crossed looking undisturbed with a woman practically hanging off his arm.

"What's going on?" Sehun questioned. The criminals were all standing by the bars watching the interaction play out. Sehun saw Chanyeol standing far off enough but just slightly behind the CEO, he looked as mysterious as ever with that black hood.

"Sehun" the Chief gasped "what happened to your face?" the detective shook his head "long story, I'll tell you after. What's happening here?" he asks.

The Chief sighs still trying to hold Leeteuk back "CEO Kim is demanding we release the criminals. We can't under code and regulations but he won't hear the end of it, This is your case; speak to him" Chief says. Sehun looks at the man in charge of over a million companies, who was the face of business and who all entrepreneurs looked up to. The man turned to face him and Sehun backed up a little, intimidated. The man exuded authority and power; his looks were impeccable as he stood there staring with strong eyes. 

"Let them out now, I need them" he said, the tone inquiring no arguments.

Sehun gave him a confused look. "What do you mean, you need them? What does a CEO like you need with a bunch of criminals?".

The man sighed and the woman moved from his arm to go behind him, massaging his shoulders. She lowered her head to whisper something in his ear but his eyes were still locked on Sehun and despite being in a room of ruthless criminals and police officials somehow this male seemed to hold heads over all of them. 

"Get off" he said to the woman who instantly backs away and he goes over to one of the many desks and sits against it. "I was trying to keep this a secret as it wasn't something I wanted people to know I associated with, I am the face of the business world after all. But something has come up and it looks like I have no choice".

Everyone watches him with curiosity, even the criminals. "I'm one of OT8" the CEO spills. You can hear everyone in their breaths, a pin could drop and you would also hear it; even the desk workers have stopped typing Sehun noticed. "What? You? You're lying" the detective accuses. 

The CEO looks at him again and Sehun clamps his lips shut. There's something about the maLe that makes you obey his demands, silent or otherwise. "I'm afraid I'm not lying" He says, "I own the casino club for criminals downtown. The one you people constantly wreck" the CEO says "but the reason I came here for this lot is because I got a letter from someone and I needed a group of people who know what they're doing to help get rid of him. I had someone look into them and they fit the bill".

Chief steps forward suddenly, "I was going to propose the same thing" he says. Sehun looks at him as if he had two heads "Chief?".

The head of department turns to the criminals in the cell and then back to the CEO. "I've been thinking about it a lot, we need to find the person doing all these stunts, things are out of whack and it seems to be getting worse. I wanted to propose that you guys team up with us in trying to find this guy. He's terrorizing the city and they need to be stopped".

Sehun think he heard wrong but looking at the Chiefs serious face, he wasn't mistaken. "Chief are you crazy?" both him and Leeteuk say at the same time, the first the detective accepted the officers apprehension.

Suho looked at the Chief carefully, studying him. The male didn't think this would be so hard, he was willing to pay bail for all the criminals even if they were convicted on reasonable grounds and by sitting here confessing his part in criminal activity he was basically offering himself up for arrest. Suho was hoping the name he read in the letter was a fluke, that things weren't really playing out like this but even he knew this was as real as anything. The Chief was right, things were out of whack; starting with the fact that the 8 criminals these officials have been trying to capture for years were now all sitting pretty in a police office. Suho silently glances at Pheonix in his officer uniform and his eyebrow raised slightly, what was he doing here? Is this where he's been? Playing cop? For what?

"I didn't come here to join your petty party to try and find a terrorist" Suho said steadily. His gaze flits back to the head, "I have other things to worry about, so could you let these guys go with me and we can call it a day. Time can't be wasted".

"Yes exactly" the Chief agrees. Sehun still couldn't believe what was going on, they were sitting in a police department talking to the CEO of Kim Enterprises who just announced that he was a stone cold criminal. "We have no time to waste with the city sitting on destruction. Quite frankly we as a department are getting pretty desperate and since we both need each other" the Chief points at CEO then back at him "we should work together".

Everyone was silent, listening to the conversation. Obviously Sehun wasn't the only one beyond confused at the Chiefs outburst; the detective saw the drawn faces of the criminals and frowning officers. "Chief, this is not a good idea. As soon as we let them free they'll just run and then what?" Sehun voiced. 

"Detective Oh, these criminals are under wraps and inputted into the jail system so they are no longer free and plus we will have the whole officiating unit on the case. Enough trained eyes to watch them if they try anything" the older male looks around at everybody clearly already determined by his situation and being the head of the department, knew none of them had the right to argue.

"I do not know how I feel about being used as a pawn by the police, I rather be locked up" Sehun turned to the short big eyed male who was standing in the same spot, hands clasped behind him. 

"Yeah, owl boy over there has a point. There is nothing in this for us, there's no point in us agreeing to this mess" Xiumin spoke up. "If Ilcan is destroyed we can all just migrate to a different city". Sehun didn't know what to think, everything was moving too fast for him but what he did know was that he didn't want this city to be destroyed. He moved here for a reason, to escape and this place gave him a purpose so he had a strong urge to protect it.

"This guy is a criminal" Sehun spoke up and all eyes go to him "what if after he destroys this city he goes to the next one over, we would all have to succumb to it at some point and I know for a fact none of us wants to die yet. I just came back from downtown and the whole place was set up in flames, people trapped and burning alive and I could do nothing" Sehun's voice turned hard as he addresses the room who were surprised at what he was saying. 

"What!?" he heard Xiumin, Baekhyun and Chen exclaim. They were now gripping onto the bars looking at him with stone gazes. Sehun pointed to the big eyed male, "if it wasn't for him, we'd probably be up in flames by now. It was so abrupt and out of the blue, something that guy would do. Most of you lived there and now you have nowhere to go, are you still going to say you want nothing to do with this?" Sehun informed them. "Again, this guy is a criminal and what better way to beat one other than teaming up with people who think exactly like him?" Sehun felt all eyes on him but for some reason his eyes landed on Chanyeol standing in the same spot, not moving or reacting. His arms were crossed and his height was enhanced in the small room, he looked as if he was looming over them all just watching; something about it was nerve-racking. 

"Let's do it" the sudden voice made Sehun turn and his eyes widened at the the sight of his partner leaning up against the door, Yixing beside him holding him up and Minho standing behind them.

"Jeonho!" the detective runs over to his partner, taking the place of the doctor in holding him up. Throughout the midst of confusion and surprises he forgot his partner had been hurt. "What are you doing here and not resting" he looks down at the boy.

"He wouldn't hear no for an answer, I couldn't keep him in bed. Dr. Zhang patched him up as best as he could  considering that the bullet at such close range was lodged pretty deep but nothing vital was hit" Minho informed, Sehun looked up at the male. "He's a natural, I myself only have a basic certificate in the study of anatomy and bodies but people weren't lying when they said he was a miracle worker" the male patted the doctor on the back and smiled at him, Yixing's face was unreadable but he then let a small smile come to his lips. 

"Miracles are only the perception of what people associate with someone trying their absolute best" Yixing says, folding his arms. 

Sehun had been blinded by hate earlier and didn't give enough credit to the male that despite being a criminal was also a talented surgeon. And being a person who also used their talent in the worst way he had no room to talk. "Let's do it" he hears Jeonho repeat, "lets team up and stop this guy, I don't want this city to become a pile of rubble. I'm in, Chief".

Sehun smiled at his partner whose eyes were determined, the taller detective looked at the older man and nodded. "I'm with him".

"All of you have gone insane. I can't believe what I'm hearing and seeing"  Leeteuk sighed "I'm always outnumbered in these decisions so I guess my team and I are also in" he says defeated. Sehun walks him and Jeonho over to stand beside the Chief, realizing they were all facing off against the group of criminals, who were looking at them. "Now you guys decide. This could work in both our favors" Chief states. 

"I wonder if the guy is handsome" Kai stands up, running a hand through his hair "I might be able to distract him a bit" he smiled and Sehun thought that the gesture enhance his beauty. 

"Hey , why don't you think with your brain and not your for once" Baekhyun looks back at the male before turning back to the room "I guess I might as well do something exciting if I'm going to be under police control". The rest of them seem to nod, "I don't like to be stolen from" Xiumin states with a hard frown.

"Let's this guy up! I've been dying to shoot something" Chen shouts.

"If this is all I can do to be able to find this guy, then fine" Suho says evenly. "I guess that's settles it then. Welcome to the force, criminals" Chief said holding his hand out to the CEO, who shakes it firmly. He saw the head slightly wince.

Sehun was smiling unexpectedly, wanting to get on with the biggest case he's ever had to take on, in fact the biggest case the department has ever had to handle. He looks up then and the smile drops, the space where Chanyeol was standing was now empty; he was nowhere in the room.