File Unlocked: Suho

Play By The Cards

Suho

May 22nd 1991

Boss

 

Muffled, exaggerated laughter is all he heard as his head was being forcefully submerged into the murky water. They pulled his head back harshly and he gasps a big breath; the laughter now more prominent, more noisy; deafening to his ear. He hated it. 

"How do you like that, nerdy boy? Going to tell the teacher?" the boy who's made it his mission to ruin Suho's life growled harshly into his wet ear. "Because if you do, I'll soon put a dent in your "precious head". 

Before the boy kneeling on the grimy bathroom floor could answer his head was soon submerged again and he was spluttering. Suho didn't understand why this happened to him everyday, the harassment, the name calling; the physical and verbal abuse. He didn't understand why most of the student body hated him, was it because he was school president? Was it because he made the cafeteria serve vegetables and healthy snacks? Was it because he answered all the questions in class? Because he was on a personal term with the principal? Suho really didn't know but it was becoming overbearing and putting a toll on his body.

He realized his breath was catching, his head was still under and the bully still had a strong grip on his thin neck. Panic slowly rose, were they trying to kill him? Just then the muffled shrill of the bell sounded and his neck was released, he brought his head up quickly and gasped in big breaths. His hair was drenched in dirty toilet water and his crisp ironed clothes were wrinkled and dirty from the unsanitary floors. Suho turned his head slightly to look at the group of boys that tormented him more than anyone on a daily, one boy in particular, an average height male with black straight hair and stupidly stern face. 

"The next time I see you, you're getting it worse" he says with a frown before he turns and leaves to which his friends follow behind him not giving Suho another glance. The small male brought a sweater clad arm up and wiped his face as best as he could, he smelled disgusting. There was also a swollen bruise on his cheek where the bully had clipped him in his resistance to be head dunked in toilet water. He gets to his knees shakily and sighs. He goes to the bathroom sink and squeezes a hefty amount of soap into his hand to begin cleaning himself up as best as he could. 

 

 School life has never been a good one for Suho as far as he could remember. He's never had friends, never been to anyone's birthday parties or sleepover because the kids deemed him as a killjoy nerd who had nothing better to do than arrogantly upstage people who didn't have his gifted talents of knowledge. But Suho wasn't like that at all or at least he didn't see himself as such; he was more of an easy going person who just liked to please everyone. His home life wasn't much different; he was a very pressured and neglected child and he had a underlined hate for his father that neither he himself could explain. His dad was a part of the head government that ran Ilcan and also the owner of the rising Kim Enterprises so all of Suho's life he's been around books and numbers and politics of all kinds, his whole being is to absorb knowledge and store it like his father wanted. Him and his brother were a slave to their brains in the silence and recluse of their dads home. 

They were a partially wealthy family but as you would have it everyone thought their dad was a bachelor. No one knew he had two boys he held in secret; something the two kids never understood themselves. Suho thought if anyone knew he wouldn't be the of everyone's anger and sometimes he wished he could abuse that to his benefit. But even though their dad was part of the government he always voiced how much he hated the wretched hags and old farts, he would sit Suho and his brother down and have strict study sessions on everything there was to know about running businesses, law and finances; things schools don't even teach you.  Their father would always imply that he's getting them ready but for what he never said.

 

 

The rest of the day Suho went about his devices in his wrinkled dirty clothes noticing people try to discreetly cover their noses at his smell despite his efforts to cover it up with bathroom soap. He immersed himself in his books and classes but as his luck would have it, students still found a way to harass him. Some group of girls took his glass and dropped them earning a crack in one of the lenses, they pulled on his suspenders and let them snap against his chest and when he bent over to clutch at the stinging spots they shoved a bunch of flowers in his face which to his dismay were ones he was allergic to, roses. They left him there as hives start scattering against his skin making him itch uncomfortably. These occurrences went on as he tried to go from class to class, he had spotted his brother a couple times but as always he was surrounded by groups of people; such a contrast to Suho who even being the eldest seemed more like the nerdy little brother.

Finally school came to an end and Suho rushed to his locker to quickly pack up his things before anyone could catch him. He hastily closes his locker and clicks the lock closed, shouldering his heavy backpack full of textbooks. He makes a quick beeline to the front doors of the school ready to hurry home to the solitude of his bedroom until his father came home just to delve into more lessons. 

Suho rejoiced inwardly when he made it to the gates of the school without being picked on but his relief was short lived when he turned the corner and saw the same boy from this morning, the same boy that was his biggest tormentor. Suho froze as he came face to face with him, he watched as the black haired boy pushed off the brick wall that surrounded the school and walked up to him. 

"Well look who we have here, going home so soon? I thought we made plans to play later" the boys smile was menacing and Suho wanted nothing to do with it, so he kept walking or tried to. The boy caught his arm and twisted, Suho gritted his teeth and halted his steps, "ignoring me? I don't think so, I said let's play" he put emphasis on the last word as he yanked Suho's arm and the shorter fell backwards onto the pavement. Suho's chest was clenching as he looked up into the kids stern face, why was it only him he hated this much? Why won't he stop? What did he do to get treated like this?

Suho gets up again and walks by him, choosing not to indulge hoping the boy will lose interest even if it's been proven that he loved to make Suho's life miserable. And as it were he kept following him undeterred by Suho's lack of responses, taunting the smaller as they went along in the quiet neighbourhood, calling him names and chiding him. 

"You're nothing but a stupidly smart kid with no parents" he said "everyone thinks you're an orphan, no one has ever seen your mom or dad. What happened did they get tired of your arrogant too?" he laughed a dry laugh. Suho's chest clenched harder at the mention of his parents.

"You're so prissy that your father probably thought you were gay and talked your mother into chucking you out like trash" he went on. "I'm surprised you even have a brother because even he doesn't look like he wants you. You're a loner and no one likes you" he taunted and taunted. 

Suho had been covering his ears trying to drown him out but his chest clenched harder and harder until it cracked and he abruptly stopped walking feeling as if his insides were bleeding. His mind was going crazy but for some reason there was a calm that was enveloping him. He turned and glanced up the street, Suho then looked at the boy who's bullied him for as long as he could remember and a hot feeling flamed around the calm and he smiled at him. The boys face formed into confusion before Suho lifted his arms and shoved hard at the boys chest sending him stumbling backwards into the street. He watched as the bully looked to his right hearing the sound of the too close truck who honked their horn too late and in seconds the boy disappeared under the vehicle with a sickening 'crunch'. 

Suho didn't stick around, he pulled up the hood of his jacket and continued to walk, the eerily calm feeling still clinging to him like glue. He felt nothing and Suho was increasingly getting drunk off of that fact with each step leading further and further away from the disastrous scene, finally, he thought.