Episode 17: Undone

Play By The Cards

Pheonix rushed across the scale of each building. He maneuvered his body around and over objects that sat at the top like big airvent cases or pipes; he leaped over the gaps between the identical buildings to get closer and closer to the overgrowth of forest he's used to disappearing into. 

Pheonix owned an apartment in the city when he wasn't required to navigate through the vast trees to where the others like him resided. It wasn't all that difficult seeing as he was trained to be as quick and agile as his body allowed, to be light on his feet almost as if floating on air. If a normal person were to see him running now, they would pretty much only see a blur of movement. Some might say that he had supernatural abilities but that's not it, not in the slightest. 

It was a long distance from the department to the outskirts of the forests that separated each city but he managed. He stops short at the edge of a building looking down onto the dirt ground and then at the view in front of him. The sight from up on the building would be something Pheonix would spend all night looking at if he had the time; the big bushy leaves of the trees spreading out into vast horizons and if you squinted you could make out the tops of other cities. Mountains were far off in the distance and who knows what else behind them but Chanyeol didn't need to squint, he could see it all; It was as if everything was laid out in front of him. He descended off the building using the ledges of the apartment suite windows before he got near the ground and let go, landing with a 'thud' on the patchy grass. Pheonix wasn't quite near the forest threshold yet, he still had to walk a bit through the open field between the overgrowth and the buildings. He could hear the laughter of children from a park the wasn't too far off and the chatter of people around the small neighbourhood. 

Even though people lived near the woods, they never entered it. Only those who wanted to go hunting or were brave enough just to go in for the thrill of it but the government always advised the citizens to steer clear as it was housed with wild animals of all kinds and the paths that were made centuries ago were closed up from not being used after the scheduled train, 'The RF05', was built. Pheonix looked around to see if anyone was near to see him slip into the dark space; the government also advised the citizens to call police if ever seeing anyone enter that's why hunters needed permits and thrill seekers went at night. Seeing no-one around that would turn him in he quickly passes through the green leaves and into the forest. The air smelled of bark and grass, it was very humid having all these trees clustered together but for Pheonix it was pretty easy to move around, especially if you knew where you were going. 

Rushing through the bushes and jumping over roots Pheonix hurried to his destination. Reaching a big tree he knew all too well, he stepped up onto its big, thick protruding root and jumped grasping onto the low branch overhead. Swinging himself up and over he plants his feet on the part of the tree before he looks up to see the next branch and once again jumps, using the thick tree trunk to push off with his leg; hands extended forward to grasp the brown rough object. Pheonix grunted as he pulled himself up again onto the branch standing on the thin space now looking into more leafy trees. He leaped to the next tree seeing the series of branches leading closer to the area he was meant to be. Grasping onto the first he uses the momentum to swing to the next, going along them like monkey bars at a play ground. 

Finally he reaches the familiar boarded platform. He steps onto it and looks up into the higher trees to see the makeshift housing community, it kind of looked like one extravagant tree house with different levels and spaces; shacks and huts camaflouged with leaves and branches and boardwalks to pass between each. If you were on the forest floor you wouldn't ever notice it and that's what Pheonix and his family took pride in. It looked abandoned and dreary but Pheonix knew everyone was either sleeping, out on missions or up in the highest parts that held the bars, training spaces and a meeting room. The tall assassin used the series of walkways and branches to ascend higher reaching the big huts, he felt the presence of many but made a beeline for the lone shack off to the end. It was a fairly big object that housed three bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom with chipped red paint on the roof and little makeshift steps to the door, Pheonix noticed one of the windows at the side was cracked open so he slid through into the dimly lit space. It brought back many memories everytime he planted his feet on the wooden floor; of when he was first brought here, learning the ropes, training. Suddenly his senses heightened and his shoulders stiffened as he moved aside quickly just as a firm fist knocks against the wall behind him. 

"How many times do I need to tell you to always be on your guard?" the voice rung out the dim lit shadows from where Pheonix once stood, followed by the tall body. "You took the bait of the open window but you were distracted. You still think way too much" the voice reprimanded in a clear low tone. 

Pheonix clenched his fist, the older male always did something like this whenever the younger was summoned back, he should've known better. "Sorry, father" he said standing taller and staring at the overcasted red velvety hood of the intimidating male, the same man who saved him from dying all those years ago. Pheonix had the utmost respect and loyalty to him, even if he only felt coldness in return. The older hums, "follow me, the meeting is starting in a few minutes" and without another word Pheonix watches as his father swiftly jumps out the same window he came in with, not looking back to see if the younger was following. With an inward kick to himself Pheonix followed abruptly, passing by the bars of hushed talking and strong shadows. They reach an archway with stairs on the otherside leading up to a lone door of a bigger hut than the rest. It had to be the most decorated one, with a green painted roof and leaves strung up against it, even flowers accompanied them.

They both climb the steps to the platform the hut rested on and as Pheonix's father opens the door the chatter of those inside quieted and heads turn their way. There was a long table in the middle of the room where all the previous heads sat at wearing the same velvety red hoods; the current seat at the other end of the table vacant for Pheonix's father to occupy. The younger followed confidently, shoulders relaxed and as his father sat Pheonix stood beside him as all the kids and relatives of the elders were. There was many people in the space, some with little kids in their black attires who paid no mind and played off to the sides. Suddenly the tall assassin felt a death grip around his shoulders and he turned around taking a quick, hard jab with his closed fingers outwards and open palm into their stomach. They let go and hunch over. "You ing bastard" the voice gritted out before standing up again, looking at him. "Is that any way to treat your older sister?" her slightly lopsided grin giving off a charm all the other male assassins found cute. Pheonix scoffed and looked forward as the meeting commenced.

"You're lucky I didn't break a rib" he countered not indulging in her eccentric ways, something their father disliked about her. Once again Pheonix felt her arms around his shoulders but this time he didn't react, "you just caught me off guard, there's no way you would've got a hit in otherwise".

Joy wasn't like any other assassin Pheonix knew, she never seemed to where her hood showing off her bright green eyes and silk black hair, she was also loud and expressive; not to say that any of their other kin didn't have personalities but they preferred to show it in subtle ways. Joy was the odd one of the group that everyone learned to put up with, she was usually tasked with training up the kids on account of her ability to keep their interest in fun and exaggerated ways and the skills to match. Not all born into their kinship were skilled killers and fighters, some grew up to be scouts who went out to stake out targets or scavengers who picked up information or infiltrated, if needed like Joy herself, although because of their father she knew how to combat as well. When Pheonix first came to the family Joy didn't like him at all because even though they didn't speak on it, anyone could see that Pheonix was their fathers favourite; the way he just molded into the mysterious, expressionless aura and picked up on everything quickly and efficiently but the two have since learned to respect each other as they grew older and just naturally fell into that annoying older sister and the serious younger brother trope. 

"It wouldn't have mattered, I would still have the upper hand" Pheonix endulged. Joy let out an obnoxious laugh, halting the conversation going around the table and earning the eyes of everyone. They both felt the hard eyes of their father and they closed their lips and stood straighter. 

"Things seem to be going as plan" one of the elders said, an old woman who they called Lemon because like any old lady she carried candies around with her yet they were always lemon flavoured. "If we continue to cooperate they won't feel the need to smoke us out". A groan rung out and everyone turned of course, to joy who folded her arms with a frown. "I don't see why we are even in cohorts with those people, we have the talent and means to take them down" she put forth, "they are using us like animals and for what?" she huffed. 

The elder sighed but it was their dad who spoke up, low and strong. "Did you forget who it is we are working for, stupid child? One wrong move and everyone here will die the same way they live, assasinated" Pheonix glanced down at him and saw that his shoulders were relaxed but frame rigid, a sign of agitation. Pheonix also peeped that one of his hands near the knuckles were red, it must've been where he slammed his fist into the wall moments before. 

"Alecai is right. We can't do anything that would be detrimental to us, things are moving along faster than expected. Word around the camp is that they've already expanded to the other cities, ready to wreck havoc there too" she shook her head, "I understand Ilcan but the others? I don't know what he's thinking".

"It's clear" one of the old uncles, Ezen, spoke up. He was a scruffy looking male who has decades worth of scars, he was the recent head who retired from the position. "He intends to destroy everything, have everyone in the palm of his hand. His confidence and power has grown too much, especially with the new technology". "So what do we do?" spoke up one of the older kids standing beside Ezen, Pheonix didn't know his name just that he was the old man's nephew, his parents had died on a mission some years ago; Joy had informed him. Silence filled the room at the unanswerable question.

Suddenly Alecai spoke up again. "Pheonix" he said and the tall male turned to face his father, "yes?" he questioned. "I sent you on a special mission, did you find out anything?" he asked still turned to look forward, the people in the room look at them although Phoenix paid no mind until Joy started annoyingly pulling at his clothes. "Is that why you're wearing these?" her eyebrows raised in wonder , "to be honest you kind of fit the whole police look" she smiled. In all the commotion Pheonix had forgot he was even wearing the uniform. Ignoring her, Pheonix turned to face everyone around the table, "they've caught all seven of the criminals, one having come at his own aid looking for help, the CEO of Kim Enterprises. They still don't know I am one of them" he spoke. A murmur of voices break out through the crowd.

"The CEO? That man you seem so attatched to, always doing jobs for him?" Joy spoke up and Pheonix finally punched her in the arm, sending her stumbling some steps away, cringing. A halted silence fell, "attached?" their father spoke out slowly turning to the taller who only stood straighter, Pheonix shook his head; as an assassin it was taboo to get attached to anyone and his dad was very strict on that rule as the current leader. The only people you look out for are your kin and even that only extends so far; "no father, he just pays very well" he reasons, somewhat thankful when their dad turns back to the crowd.

"Anything else?" their father demanded, his voice anything but amused. Pheonix nodded, "their teaming up with the police department, they're trying to find out who is setting off all these mishaps. I think their goal is to stop them" the taller smirked, "it was quite a sight" he said. 

Alecai hummed. Everything was getting increasingly difficult since they were into this operation, having no choice when the Rebellion found them years prior. They attacked with no clear reason to which his community also fought back, Alecai had been stuck fighting one of them and being a man of diligence he went after him when they ran to the city; it was then that he had found Pheonix. When he had came back, the ones leading the attack had taken their best fighters and the rest were left to be used sparingly. How they found out about them, Alecai didn't know but they were soon under the thumb of a very clever leader who had them all where a tattoo at the back of their necks as a sign of loyalty and a way for entry into the camp, to differentiate who was an intruder and who wasn't. 

Alecai stood up. "Everyone's dismissed, there's nothing we can do at the moment that won't have us ending up in the crossfire. We'll just have to wait and see what happens". Nods and murmurs scatter around and chairs scrape against wood as the crowd disperses out the meeting hut. The only ones left were the two siblings and their father. "I'm going to the camp to inform them about the news" the older male says heading towards the door. "Dad are you sure you should do that? Isn't the whole idea of us having these meetings to find a way to end having to be at their beck and call? To stop them?" Joy questions. "If Pheonix is right and the police department--", 

"They're waiting for something, Joy" their father cuts her off.  "We are taking risks even having these meetings. At the end of the day if push comes to shove, we're already tied to one side" Pheonix watches as their father maneuvers the room, silently and efficiently in that way only he can. 

"Dad, not everything is about sides! We can think for ourselves, we serve for us not anyone else, isn't that what you taught us? Isn't that what you so painstakingly tried to drill into Pheonix and I?" Joy questions, exasperated. "We are assassins, Joy." Alecai stated, his back facing towards the two. "We are not supernatural beings. We train our bodies to the best of their abilities, yes, but we die and we don't come back. We are not enough to go against such a big operation with just the sake of a determined mind" their father lectured, "your mother is an example".

Pheonix catches the shocked face of his sister. "Dad!" she exclaims but the older male exits the room with no further words. Pheonix looks back at Joy before following his father out of the hut, he caught him before he gets to the stairway. "Father!" he calls to which the older male stops. "Should I come with you? To give more details?" Pheonix asks. 

"No" his father said blatantly, "what you should do is go home and read up on the basic rules, getting attached? Are you out of your mind? You know better" his mouth was dipped into a frown. "I said, he just pays well. That's all, nothing more" Pheonix shook his head, pleading his case. 

"Don't become like your sister, I don't need you to start dissapointing me, too" he then descended down the stairs and Pheonix watches, stomach dropping. As he follows his father's form before he disappears into the surrounding trees Pheonix clenches his hands into fists before jabbing one into the back pocket of his jeans and taking out his trusted lighter, something his father had given him to get over his fear when it got really bad. He starts flicking it frantically, trying to get a flame going. He walks over to the wooden rail staring down into their community, people idling around on different platforms, kids playing all regular everyday things; yet it feels so meticulously organized and stiff.

"Well, at least he's saying what he really feels. His silence is more hurtful and deafening" Pheonix heard Joy's voice behind him, he was still flicking absently at the lighter as she comes to stand beside him. "I will never understand why he can't just accept me for me" she says with sadness in her voice. 

"Because your a headache" Pheonix says grudgingly not in the mood to be of any comfort but her face becomes light again and she just laughs, shoving him lightly. "So daddy's little boy is getting the cold shoulder, I see. It's what you get for abusing me so often". Pheonix sighs and stops working his thumb on the metal rotator to look at her, Pheonix would never say it to her face but she was really beautiful and he was always a pain to any guy he caught staring at her too long.

"It's all your fault, anyways" he lowers himself so his forearms were resting on the rail, "do you think father likes us at all?" he asks. Joy follows suit and leans down on the rail, resting her cheek in her hand as she looks off into the trees with a fond expression. "Are you kidding? Dad loves you, I'm the one that should be asking that question. If it was me just now I'm pretty sure he'd disown me on the spot" she shakes her head with a smile. "He's just not a man of many words or emotions and after mom died and the addition of the rebellion, it has become worse". Pheonix pockets the lighter and finds himself leaning his hoodie clad head on his sisters slim but toned shoulders. A giggle escapes her lips, "ah. There's the sweet boy I remember, who used to come into my room crying when training didn't go well even though I hated his guts" she pats his head but then groans and Pheonix feels her hand slip under his hood but before he can react she flips the hood off his head, "these are really annoying".

Pheonix instantly stood back up, ready to flip the fabric back on but Joy plants two strong hands on his shoulders and looks at him softly. "You don't always have to be tough and coldblooded, you know? That's not you and I know it. Dad can instill a different persona into you but he can't get rid of the real thing" her eyes were strong and she lifts one hand and brushes it again the exposed bandages "I know you can't remember much of who you used to be but don't lose all of it. The way things are forming, you'll need it".

Joy lets him go and they both fall into a silence as they look over the railing in their own thoughts. She was right, Pheonix knew what his father wanted from him and he trained long enough to execute it perfectly but every now and again he felt as if someone else was clawing their way to the surface, someone softer and timid that he doesn't ever remember being. Anytime his father had caught a glimpse of it when he was younger, he would take him to the training shacks and work him to the bone, physically and mentally. Pheonix reached for the lighter again, taking it out and it, tracing the imprinted flame. The nightmares of the orphanage never really went away like his father wanted and was still plaguing his mind however rarely, maybe that's why he couldn't completely fall into this version of himself.

"How did your mom die?" Pheonix asked, breaking the silence and putting the lighter away before reaching underneath his straight black hair to untie the rough, thin cloth that encased one side of his face. Joy watched him and Phoenix felt the soft breeze brush against the now exposed skin that was no longer charred and bruised like years before but he couldn't see, there was nothing to see from. He held the fabric in his hand, "She died on a mission when I was around 15" Joy finally spoke, turning away from him, "it was one of her hardest targets and dad had offered to go with her but she felt like she could do it on her own, everything just went wrong; she tried to do more than she could handle and it ended in her death". 

"As assassins, we have a lot of pride and we only pick battles we know we can win or else we're just putting ourselves on a silver platter. I guess that's what dad's trying to say in this situation, but still" she sighed heavily and turned to her brother. "Shouldn't you get back to the city before they think anything suspicious?" Joy asks and Pheonix shrugs, "probably". He looked down at the cloth and reached out over the railing letting it dropped from his hand and flutter down going wherever the wind carried it.

"How is it over there, anyway?" Joy pushes herself up off the rail and Pheonix thinks still watching the white fabric, "It's not as bad and tedious as I thought it would be and having access to their weapon room is a treat but the waiting around is getting annoying and so is the pretending; I guess you can say the people are interesting but that's it. Kyungsoo gave me this fake identity, Chanyeol, and I have to act like a gung-ho freshman following in my idolized senior's footsteps " he says and his sister hums. "Chanyeol?" she questions, testing the foreign name on her tongue before smiling, "I like it, suits you. I'll call you that from now on". 

Pheonix scoffs. "Not if you don't want to get hurt plus I wouldn't answer" but Joy just laughs, "like you can hurt me". Pheonix raises and eyebrow at her before enveloping her in a headlock. She squeals but repetitively says, "Chanyeol, Chanyeol" to which Pheonix holds her tighter. She finally stops struggling and laughing to tap him and Pheonix let's go with a smug smirk, Joy twists her face in mock disgust her smile not really leaving. "Ugh, when is the last time you showered? You smell sweaty and gross" she pinches her nose for emphasis and Pheonix indulges her by lifting an arm and smelling his armpit, he did stink some. 

"Go home and shower before you leave" She says walking behind him and shoving him towards the stairs. "Alright, alright" he says pulling on back his hood. He quickly descends the stairs and the effortless smile he wore moments ago slips and a thin line is replaced, he will always be two halves of one person; one he barely remembers and another that's been given to him. 

"Chanyeol!" he hears and to his surprise without a second thought he turned around, looking up from where he had came. Joy stood there waving with a big smile on her face, "it worked! You liar". A small smile came to him before he turned and jumped off a platform into the see of green below.

------------------

Sehun never thought this would ever happen, having seven dangerous criminals sitting in his small, cozy living room; along with some police officers standing off to the sides in case they were needed on Leeteuk's order who was also standing not far off with the Chief, It would've been eight if they knew enough to find out who and where the last OT8 criminal was. Sehun emerged from the kitchen that separated from the small space by a vacant rectangular doorway, he carried a tray full of various glasses of water, there was chatter going on but he was paying no attention as he set the tray on the coffee table with the help of Jeonho. 

His partner has constantly reiterated that he was fine but Sehun could see him wince at slight movements even if Minho has him on high painkillers and told him to rest, Sehun felt extremely horrible at the state of his friend. After he set everything down he helped his partner into a chair they had pulled from around the kitchen table as the sofas were all being occupied; Baekhyun, Yixing, Chen and Kai sat on the long couch while the CEO, Xiumin and Kyungsoo sat in the other. They were in a makeshift circle around the coffee table as how Sehun had designed his living room; Baekhyun was the first to take advantage and grab a glass of water before chugging it loudly and putting it back. Sehun finally entered the circulating conversation while standing behind Jeonho's chair. 

"We can't just rush into this, it's already become dangerous, we honestly don't know anything about who could be involved" Leeteuk said with his hands on his hips looking at the mix of criminals. Sehun saw the disbelief and confusion in his eyes most likely from wondering how we even got into this situation to begin with. Sehun had to agree, everything was out of whack. 

"Then what do you suppose we do if not take action? The antagonist has already started with very big blows" Suho spoke up, he sat with his arms folded and looked the most in control throughout the whole room. Sehun somehow admired the males way of solidifying his power in every scenario despite not having the upper hand. Suho raises his lowered eyes to look around the room before his eyes settled on Sehun, the older males eyebrow raises and his gaze lingers long enough to make the taller uncomfortable before he moved on to which Sehun saw little smirk grace his lips. 

"We need to come up with a plan or else we'll just be doing things blind and that won't help anyone. This guy is the equivalent of a cereal killer" Sehun spoke and eyes turn to him, "first we have to find out more information, we oiterally know nothing apart from this person has a serious thing for public slaughter".

"Actually we do know something" Kyungsoo stated "like I told you back at the buildings downtown. I witnessed many black clothed guys running around, we can deduct that he's not working alone but with many people" hair big eyes stared at Sehun. 

"The detective and owl boy are right, this guy clearly doesn't have a code and conduct for criminal activity, he's on a different level and probably has a lot of minions working for him" Chen stated leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. "Things just got more complicated and bloodier" a smile climbed across his face as he too looked around at everyone.

"I am not 'owl boy'. It's Kyungsoo," the big eyed male frowned at Chen who only shrugged, "I have no reason for fake names now that I have been caught".

Yixing scoffs. "You are never of help to anybody" he said and Chen frowned. Yixing stood and Sehun saw the officers at the sides tense and move there hands abruptly to their waists and taking a step forward, Yixing noticed too. "Woah" he exclaimed with his hands up in surrender "calm down boys, I'm not even armed and I have no intention of doing anything" he smiled crookedly before he started pacing the small space between the couches as he addresses the entire room. "You see, I know a lot of people" he started, "even those I've encountered before I came to the city". "Oh great, a life story" Baekhyun interrupted, rolling his eyes. Chen laughed at the timid attack and Kai hushed him.

"Anyways" Yixing continued seemingly unbothered, "I knew a group of people who I used to help and sell things to in my earlier days, we had a seemingly good business relationship until they cut ties but I've kept in touch with one, she's never really been keen on following the rules and I'm sure she has some insight as she's a freelancer that travels about each city".

"Lay we don't have time to track down one of your many friends. If she's a freelancer it's most likely she's on the run or in hiding" Suho stood up, stating. "she most likely doesn't keep the same contact if she uses any at all, we'll just be sitting around as blind as we are right now" the CEO groaned and rubbed his temples as murmurs shoot around, Sehun watched as Leeteuk and Chief have a word with each other. "Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this, it's a headache and I have more pressing matters, Seulgi will run my company into the ground if I leave her for too long" he makes a move to leave when Yixing put a hand on his chest. 

Suho looked at him and frowned. "What do you think your doing?" Sehun saw the officers tense again but more hesitant this time as if not sure.

"You can't back out now, we already made a deal. Have you forgotten what we are? We are criminals, leaving now means your just asking to be locked up right away. These officers aren't just going to let us walk out that door" Yixing said a hand still on the CEOs chest before the male brushed it off him. 

Suho was fuming, why he thought these guys would be of any help to him, he didn't know. That letter and that name kept coming back to him, he glared at the surgeon. The same man he slept with back in college when they were both working for their degrees, although Suho didn't have to do much as he was already in transition to acquiring his dads business after his passing but he still had a lot to learn as he wanted to expand it to what it was today. The same man who told him stories of his killings, of how he did them without getting caught while he was deep inside him; they both got off on it as sick as it sounds.

The CEO looked into the familiar unstable eyes that fought between a criminal and a soft, clueless surgeon. It was what gave off the notion that Lay was crazy, how he was able to pass the board of doctors without giving away his bipolar behaviour Suho never found out but it's what attracted the male in the first place, he would look soft and innocent one minute and scary and intimidating the next. But all this didn't matter to the CEO anymore, all this was over and he only cared for himself, in fact he knew every one of them were here for their own selfishness not because they wanted to save the city. It's why when he landed his eyes on the tall skinny detective he felt sick with laughter.

"Don't tell me what to do, don't try to 'guide' me. That's not how we're doing good things anymore" he frowned at the slightly taller male who only looked back with dry eyes. "I'm going to leave, because this is a waste of my time" he went to pass by but Lay only planted another hand on his chest to which Suho pushed him off and Lay stumbled back and fell on the coffee table, cracking it into pieces and the glasses of water tumbling with it, spilling all over him. This time the officers did advance on Leeteuk's urging; they came over and detained Suho by some pointing guns and two holding his arms back. Others looked on in confusion and surprise. 

"What the hell?! Why are guys fighting like an old married couple who can't stand to see each others face? We are all in a predicament here, it's not time to lash out" Xiumin said, him and everyone else was standing at this point. 

"He is right, this isn't helping anything, we don't have much time. We don't know when they'll do something next and to what scale" Chief walked closer frowning at the scene. 

"Isn't it obvious" the sultry voice of Kai spoke out as he ran his hand through his hair looking on, "they had a thing" he stated. A chorus of 'What's' sounded around the room, even Sehun was surprised. He looked at Lay who's face was passive and Suho who was glaring with the intent to kill and suddenly Sehun's heart started to pump. This is not how things should go even if they are criminals for this to work, and it must as they had no other way, they needed to be on the same page.

Suddenly everyone started exchanging loud words from Baekhyun arguing with Chen who was making unflattering vulgar jokes to Kai about the fact that that was no way near possible, Suho trying to escape the officers grasps and Leeteuk shouting at him, to Chief trying to settle everyone down. Xiumin and Kyungsoo were the only two who just watched on with frowns. 

 

 "SHUT UP!" Sehun jumped and the place immediately became quiet as everyone looked in Jeonho's direction. Sehun looked down at his partner who looked mad which was a rare sight if any. "Chief didn't ask all of you to partner with us for you to be disrespectful and act like buffoons, we have a serious matter on our hands and he put a trust in you guys that you fail to see. We acknowledge you all are criminals and won't always get along because of how big your egos are but that's exactly why we need you" Jeonho stood up so fast Sehun was scared he would reopen his stitches and fall over but he stayed on his feet despite the olders worries. "We need you to use your criminal minds for ours and the cities benefits" he finished.

After a beat of silence everyone backed off and composed themselves, Sehun was surprised but thankful to his friend but Jeonho soon fell back into the chair exhausted. It must've taken too much out of him to yell like that. An awkward silence passed through everyone until an unsuspecting rumbling started to materialise. Sehun felt the floorboards under his feet shake.

"What is that?" Chief asked just as the rumblings become more aggressive and things on Sehun's walls start to shake and hit against their hard surfaces, even those on the mantle near the TV. "An earthquake?" Baekhyun speculated but wasn't very convinced. 

"Wouldn't the news have warned us about that? Xiumin questioned after, now they were all trying to hold on to something and trying not to fall. There was loud whirring sounding over their heads and they all look up "I think it's coming from outside" Yixing said. Without another word they all trudge wobbly to the door, when they step outside they see that others are standing out on their porches or stepping out of their homes, even pedestrians who were walking through the neighbourhood stopped in their tracks and were looking skyward. Sehun noticed the objects were rattling about like their really was an earthquake, everyone tried to keep their footing. 

"Holy " Chen voiced and all seven criminals and police officers followed his gaze to the where he had been looking. Sehun's mouth dropped at the scene, there in the sky were big bulky flying contraptions that looked straight out of a sci-fi fantasy book. They were silver and crescent shaped, with sail like wings jutting out of them, connecting them to the body was what looked like wires; there was at least four of them flying over them all, the whirring more defending and the rumbling more frantic, Sehun found himself on the ground still looking up in utter disbelief. That's when Sehun saw hatches open up from underneath and squinted his eyes as he saw small black things falling from them but as they fell closer and closer they became more bigger and soon the world erupted in a blinding light.