Episode 4: Monster

Play By The Cards

Sehun laid on his back facing the ceiling of his apartment; his arm stretched out over his head holding on to the playing card.

Where did this come from? Sehun thought to himself. He didn't recall putting this into his pocket, personally he didn't play card games. He found them quite boring so he never owned a deck, not then and not now so how?

He drops his hand to his side and heaves a sigh. What was he going to do about this case? It's grown into something even bigger now after seeing the body of that 'boy'. Sehun shook his head to clear it from the images of the mutilated body, such a grotesque thing done to an innocent human being. 

Was officer Leeteuk right? Was it OT8? Chief didn't think it was and everyone knows how he hates those eight criminals, so for him to say that must mean something.

Sehun groans aloud, stretched his arm to the left and drops the card on his bedside table "I don't know, I don't know" he chanted to himself rolling over onto his side. 

What he did know though is that him and Jeonho needed to get a solid lead, quick. Sehun had a feeling this was going to get messy.

-------------

In a dingy alley surrounded by drunkards, chatting up more than willing woman or puking up their guts from consuming more than they could handle and sly drug dealers taking the opportunity to earn a few bucks; rested a opening in the side of a brick building. A neon sign was posted above the rectangular opening, the word 'Monster' glowing into the darkness of the dreary alleyway; a set of concrete steps led down into the sketchy area stopping by a big brown metal door where a buster stood ready to turn you back if he found you suspicious or unqualified to enter.

Inside was a complete contrast to its exterior, the high ceilings and open space that held a big crowd of people roaming around on the dance floor by the DJ stand or crowding around the bar taking shots, some having a competition on who could hold down more with people standing around cheering them on. In the vast area of the floor sat multiple different gambling tables that dealt different games from poker to the lucky wheel of roulette. 

Baekhyun sat on one of the bar stools looking out on to the gaming area. He held a glass of vodka leaning back on one elbow, his legs crossed as he observed. Baekhyun has been here more times than he himself could count but the sheer grandness of the club was always astonishing. 

Whoever owned this place must be beyond loaded he thought as he took a sip of his drink. His eyes were scanning over the crowd when he felt a touch on his forearm. Tilting his head to the side he came face to face with a handsome male, Baekhyun raised his eyebrows in question. 

"Drinking alone?" the stranger asks with a smile playing on his lips. He takes a seat next to Baekhyun who resented the fact that it wasn't already occupied. 

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Baekhyun countered, not in the mood to be hit on. 

"Nothing, you just seem like the type to be surrounded by a ton of men" the male said. 

Baekhyun took the time to observe him as he ordered his own drink; black hair falling over his forehead, a strong jawline and a slender build. And when he looked back towards Baekhyun he saw how defined and smooth his. Cheekbones were. He was handsome but not Baekhyun's type in the least, the smaller didn't miss how the others eyes glinted with mischeif. 

Baekhyun scoffed and took a swig of his drink to finish it off. "I scared them off" he said nonchalantly. 

The male goes into a fit of laughter and Baekhyun watches in wonder as he doubles over, eyes closed. It wasn't that funny, Baekhyun thought. 

"you?" he said through his fit "you scared them off? You look like a pampered princess" he continued laughing. 

Baekhyun frowns at the male. He didn't take kindly to insults about his soft boy like features, they were the stark opposite of who he actually was. This guy was weird and Baekhyun didn't come here to entertain weird individuals, he came to earn some money. He was running low on cash and he had to pay someone back. 

He looks back out into the gaming area and his eyes immediately lands on a table occupied by some brute men. They looked to be playing a game of poker. Baekhyun watches one of the men; a bald, muscly man who dealt the cards and saw him discreetly slip one into his sleeve. 

Baekhyun smirks. A cheap trick. 

Baekhyun rests his shot glass down on the counter and gets up. Forgetting about the male beside him,

"so" the male speaks up "want to go get something to-" he looks up to see Baekhyun walking away. 

"wait!" the male exclaims and Baekhyun's stops despite himself and glances back.

"I didn't get your name" The male straightens up, leaning on both elbows that he rested on the bar counter.

Baekhyun sighed inwardly. The smaller was annoyed by the males presence, having already anticipated what he was going to ask. He didn't come for a cheap hook up. 

"Jaehyuk" he said simply before turning around. Baekhyun makes a beeline for the table he was just observing, side stepping people who blocked his path. Once there he grabs a seat and sits down earning the curious gazes of those around the table. 

"I want to buy in" Baekhyun looks at them expectantly. 

"who the hell are you, little boy?" the same brute man he saw cheating questioned. 

The corner of Baekhyun's mouth twitched down slightly at the insult but then transformed his face quickly into a confident smirk.

"I'm someone who wants to buy in. I want to play" he urged, leaning on the table. 

The men eyed him but the bald male huffed, "fine put in your bid".

Baekhyun smiled and reached into the back pocket of his jeans and pulled out a roll of bills; he throws it into the centre of the table and all the men seemed taken aback by the amount of it. Baekhyun noticed how they all looked between each other and grinned but the smaller played oblivious. 

"So how do you play?" Baekhyun asked, feigning being new to the game. A bustle of laughter passes through the men.

"You come over here with your stack of cash and you don't even know how to play?" one of the other men chided, a muscular guy with an ugly mohawk. "you sure you still want to play before we hand you the cards?".

"Yes" Baekhyun said, giving them a sweet smile. 

"Your loss, little boy" the bald man said, dealing him five cards. "We're playing low ball; ace to five. First to have all five cards in there hands wins, you can draw to change your hand on your turn".

Low ball? Baekhyun thought, this had to be the easiest form of poker you could play being based on pure chance and luck but then he remembered the card the bald brute tucked into his sleeve and an amused grin forms on Baekhyun's face. Well played. 

He picked up his cards and frowned a bit. He only had a 5 and the rest were two jacks, a king and a queen. , Baekhyun cursed. The game starts and when it came to Baekhyun's turn, of course he drew new cards and this time he couldn't help the smirk that appeared on his lips. He had four of the right cards except for one. He new where it was and he glanced over at the bald brute who was smirking mischievously.

Baekhyun saw him flip the hidden card out of his sleeve and add it to his hand. Baekhyun had to think quickly on how he could somehow obtain it. He knew there was probably another ace in the deck but he'd have to give up his current cards for a new draw and his odds didn't look good by doing that. He looked at all the money sitting in the middle and felt a new wave of determination. 

He was probably going to regret doing this later but he really needed that money. Baekhyun didn't see any other way, he was at a disadvantage.

He got up from his seat and walked over to the bald brute who looked at him questioningly along with the others. Baekhyun took the cards from his hand gently without looking at them and placed them on the table. He had his eyes focused on the male and Baekhyun could see the uncertainty in his eyes mixed in with slight lust as his eyes worked there way down Baekhyun's body. He was wearing a fishnet top under a black leather jacket and tight black jeans, he knew he looked good; coupled with dark eyeliner and black slicked hair. 

"I can't seem to keep my eyes off of you" Baekhyun said alluringly. He saw the male gulp and Baekhyun smiled as he stood in front of him and leaned against the table, he reaches out a hand a places it on the bald brute's chest. 

"I just like guys like you, so muscular, so strong" he went on. "Why don't I buy you a drink and we can get to know each other more?". Baekhyun looked up to see a guy carrying a tray of drinks and waved him over. 

The bald man gripped Baekhyun's thigh and he almost made a face at the disgust he felt. At the same time he inched his hand behind him, touching for the man's cards. 

"little boy, do you even know what you're getting into?" the bald brute says, smirking lustfully.

 

 

 

Across the club in a booth by the dance floor an intrigued male watched on at the scene unfolding near the poker table. Observing as the men took the drinks they were offered. "Decent technique" the male said to himself watching the boy try to seduce the mucular man.

"But" he mumbled getting up, starting in their direction "that's my client".

He saunters across the floor hotly; all eyes gazing at him as he passed wearing shorts that hugged his thighs perfectly and a fitted, sleeveless shirt that showed of his toned but slender arms. He paid no mind to the bold individuals who tried to get his attention as he swayed his hips in a sinful way, teasing them. 

When he got to the table the pretty boy was already backing away to his seat but Kai wasn't going to let it slide that someone was butting in on his client just to con them out of a winning card.

He smiled sweetly at the men "hi guys" he said, slipping his arm around the pretty boys waist who was surprised and shocked but Kai kept smiling. 

"Looks like you guys were having fun, can I join?" he pulled the boy close, slipping his hand into the back pocket of his jeans. 

"No, I was just going back to sit down. I wanted to finish the game" Baekhyun said. Who the hell was this guy? And why was he violating him and his personal space?

Baekhyun did have to admit that he was extremely gorgeous, with a nice tan skin tone, pretty brown eyes and a strong jawline. His hair fell messily over his forehead but it gave him a y, disheveled look. 

"Of course you can join, all is welcome" the bald brute his lips lustfully, eyeing the new male. 

Baekhyun didn't know what to think but he didn't expect to suddenly be liplocking with a total stranger. His eyes open wide as he feels the y male slide his tongue into his mouth. Around him he heard the shouts of entertained men. Baekhyun gripped the ace card in his hand feeling a bit overwhelmed. 

The male broke the kiss and turned around pushing him against the table and proceeds to wiggle his sensually for the men now standing around them to see. More cheers erupted and Baekhyun was still at a lost as to what was happening. He looks into the face of the tanned y male and he smiled at him. 

"Go along with it" he whispered near his ear.

Baekhyun was confused. 

"You'll get a lot more money than what your conning for" the male smirked against his neck as he talks. 

Baekhyun looked around at the hooting men and then craned his neck back to look at the stack of money sitting on the table then back to the male. Baekhyun couldn't give up the chance and promise of more money so he composed himself and as much as he hated catering to sleazy men; put on the iest look he could muster. 

"You want me that bad?" he asks, sliding his hand down the tanned male's chest. "Okay, use me as you wish".

Baekhyun eased himself up on the table and pulled the y male between his legs and kissed him, dirtly; openly showing off their intertwining tongues, pulling the males bottom lip between his teeth and on it. the stranger didn't even miss a beat, the hollering continued; even more so now. 

" yeah, it's Kai!" someone exclaimed. "You gonna give us another , baby?" the men around cheered. Kai looked out into the crowd signaling for the pretty boy to lie down on the table and he climbed up himself. 

"I'll give you something better" he said suggestively, straddling Baekhyun. "But. Your going to have to pay up; I don't entertain for free" Kai crooked his finger at them in a 'give it here' motion. 

The men all cheered and started taking out wads of cash. If Baekhyun were in a cartoon his eyes would be turning into dollar signs. Kai bent down and started ing Baekhyun's pants with his teeth causing an uproar, more people were coming over to see what was going on. Baekhyun just went along with it and gripped the males hair tightly as men through money at them. 

He wrenched Kai's head up to look at him, the males eyes twinkled with sensuality and he smirked before dipping his tongue behind the waistband of Baekhyun's boxers; the onlooking crowd went nuts. Kai then took to up Baekhyun's stomach, pushing his shirt up to his chest and running his hand along the exposed skin. Baekhyun would be lying if he said he wasn't by the male with how his was in the air fully on display and swaying suggestively in his tight shorts or how he was really good at working his tongue. The moan that escaped the smaller was all too real as the y male twirled his tongue around his . He really knew how to get a crowd going and Baekhyun was intrigued to say the least.

Kai came up toward Baekhyun's ear "Get ready to slip away". He then lifted his head and looked towards the crowd, "who wants a turn?". 

The chorus of cheers that came was earshattering. Kai hopped of the table and men after men came at him, waving money in his face. As Baekhyun looked on he shook his head, how can someone enjoy all this attention? He got up from the table, masked by the onslaught of people. The ace card was still in his hand and he went over to his deck and turned them over, taking out the dead card and placing the ace in its spot; showcasing that he had won. He picked up all the cash from the table and the money that had dropped on the floor from the earlier stunt.

He smirked to himself and silently thanked the y stranger. He glanced back at the crowd and saw the y guy, Kai; grinding against the bald brute who leaned over to whisper something in his ear. Baekhyun didn't miss the action of him tucking something into the back of Kai's shorts. Money?

Baekhyun shook his head, he didn't care; he already got what he came for. He began to walk away but it was a little too late as after a few steps he heard a booming, "hey!" come from behind him. He saw the bald brute looking towards him and then the poker table and Baekhyun cursed, "".

He was going to start running when a loud crash sounded throughout the vast space, gaining majority of the clubs attention; the DJ even cut the music. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" someone shouted and when Baekhyun looked over at the bar he saw the annoying male from before. 

"Oh , it's Chen!" a person exclaimed from somewhere behind the smaller. Baekhyun was taken aback at the fact that he was holding two broken bottles of liquor and standing  on top the bar counter. He pointed the crooked broken glass at a man in front of him who looked equally surprised. 

"Did you really think you could steal from me!?" and without noticed the male swung the sharp ended bottle into the others face sending him sprawling across the slightly risen level of the bar and down the few steps on to the carpeted floor of the gaming area. 

Time seemed to stop for a moment as everybody collected themselves and it soon came zooming back as a pack of men dressed in red, like the guy now agonizingly trying to get up; swarmed towards the broken bottle wielding male. He swung at them, shouting and soon everyone was roaring and yelling, fists were soon flying and chairs were being chucked. Baekhyun had to duck a few.

"Get back here, little boy!" he looked to his right to see the bald brute running towards him and again he cursed. He began to run away, sidstepping fights and ducking from flying objects. Baekhyun has witness a lot of club fights, have even been the cause of some but he was in no mood to fight anyone, this was not how he wanted tonight to go. 

Baekhyun glanced back at the brute still chasing him, two of his sidekicks following suit and he swerved around a wall going into the men's washroom. He quickly went over to one of the sinks cupboards underneath and came face to face with the duffel bag he had stashed upon earlier arrival. He put the money inside and quickly zipped it up, just as he heard bounding footsteps outside.

"". Baekhyun looked around and decided that his only option was to hide in a stall. He hid in the far one to the right, standing up on the toilet seat just as the washroom door burst open. 

"Where is that er?" he heard the hard voice of the bald male. "He thinks he can just steal from me and get away with it?"

Baekhyun listened as the stall on the other side was banged open.

"The pretty boy?" someone asked. Baekhyun scrunched his eyebrows together at the out of placed voice. That didn't sound like one of the brutes men, that sounded like the y guy, Kai. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows further, were they working together? Did he just get duped?

"Don't worry sweetheart. That guy is going to get a good pounding when I catch him".

Baekhyun continued to hear the stalls being pushed open one by one, nearing closer to him. What was he going to do? But it was too late as the bald brute final stopped in front of his stall and slammed the door open. 

Baekhyun wasted no time. He used the door and the stall wall and hoisted himself up, kicking the brute in the chest hard and making him stumble back. He dropped to the ground, ready to run but was cut off by two more brutes getting into his path; one of them being the guy with the ugly Mohawk.

"Get out of my way" he growled. 

"Give us the bag" Mohawk dude said. 

Baekhyun looked over at the sink area to see Kai sitting gracefully on the counter, smiling as if innocent. 

"You sold me out" Baekhyun stated. Kai only chuckles and crossed his arms. Just that simple action was y and Baekhyun scowled, he did not like this guy. 

"Well, I couldn't just let you runaway with my share; now could I?" he said "plus, I got what I wanted."

Just then a brute reached for him but Baekhyun quickly moved his hands to his waist and unhinged the knife he carried around in his belt and brought it up, not hestiating in slicing at the males hand. The brute let out a shout and retracted it as if burned. Baekhyun quickly sidestepped, bringing the knife down into the man's thigh making him shout louder at the pain.

He did the same for the second brute who had a buzz cut and just as he was about to exit the washroom, strong hands hoisted him up. He struggled against them hoping to wriggle free. 

"Let me go" he grunted.

"No way. You have something of ours and we want it back" the bald man said. 

"But I won the game, didn't you see the up facing cards?" 

"What cards? As far as I know that table is half way across the room by now" Baekhyun felt the duffel bag he was holding being ripped from his hand. 

"Give that back. I won it fair and square" he said, still struggling. 

He heard a light laugh behind him "fair and square? I saw what you were doing with that sorry excuse for seducing" Kai states. The handsome face of the bronze skinned male comes into view and Baekhyun cursed it with all his might. He had to admit, Kai got the better of him.

"I just thought it would be fun to play too". He added,

Baekhyun needed to get out of here. He felt the knife still clutched in his hand and without a second thought he lodged it into the side of the bald brute. He shouted in pain, letting go of Baekhyun but the smaller clung to the meaty arm of the man and putting all his weight to one side, forced the male to the right twisting his arm and making him fall to the floor. Baekhyun jumped up, still clutching the knife. He saw the Mohawk guy with the bag and ran toward him. He stuck the knife into his forearm making him drop the bag with a yelp. He quickly scooped it up and ran. 

Kai watched in amusement as one of the muscular males lurched forward to go after the pretty boy. He put a tentative hand to the man's chest,

"Let him go" he says before twisting his hand into a fist in the brutes shirt. He turns to them and smirks, pulling him closer "because you won't llbe alive to take revenge on him".

"Wha-" the man starts but soon doubles over clutching his chest. 

He groans before collapsing to his knees and looks up at Kai. "What did you do?" he questions. 

"You go to this club for how long? And you never once noticed there are no waiters?" Kai chuckled. "I paid someone to bring those drinks over to you; it just so happened that the boy was there trying to con you guys and gave him a solid reason to go over. The drinks you guys so happily took, were laced and they weren't mere sleeping drugs" Kai went on.

"You lasted longer than your friends though". Upon hearing that the Mohawk brute stiffly looked behind him at his partners sprawled out on the floor, not breathing.

"You're sick" he laboured out falling to his side, eyes drooping. 

"no, baby. I'm y" Kai stated before walking out of the washroom.

 

 

Chen was in the middle of an all out brawl and he was having the time of his life, laughing hysterically. He took the broken liquor bottles and lodged them into the chests of his attackers, instantly killing them. 

"You shouldn't have messed with me!". 

He dropped the bottles and closed his fists as more people came at him. He socked them right in the noses and they want falling back unconscious and bloody, he did low swing kicks to knock them off their feet then drove his elbow into their chests feeling their ribs break. His hands went to his waistband and unlodged the gun that resided there, pulling it out and aiming it into the crowd. He didn't hesitate to pull the trigger watching as people fell down like flies, blood splatting randomly.

"Come at me you amateurs! I'll squash you like the insects you are" Chen laughed; the sound carrying through the now chaotic space.