Episode 12: Outside In

Play By The Cards

Sehun and Jeonho push the two criminals into the cell with the others. "What the hell, man! I don't deserve to be here, I didn't do nothing!" Chen said gripping the steel bars. "And to think, I was about to give you my service" Kai folded his arms and shook his head, his presence surprisingly light in the dim square space.

"Oh? It's you again? Got caught trying to stab someone else in the back?" Baekhyun speaks up from where he sat, looking at Kai who's eyes widened, "oh! It's pretty boy!" Baekhyun frowned, "never call me that again". Kai pouted as he went to take a seat next to the small male, he ran a finger up Baekhyun's thigh and brought his mouth close to his ear. "Awe don't be like that. I thought we had a sort of connection" the alluring male whispered, "the way you let me do anything I wanted to you, for money".

Kai's finger was teasingly playing with the frayed holes of Baekhyun's pants and he hated how his body was reacting to such tactics. "What connection? If I remember correctly, and I do, you forced yourself on to me" Baekhyun unfolded his arms to push the male away but he was pulled back before Baekhyun could get the chance. 

"Down, boy, down" Lay said while holding the collar of Kai's shirt making him lean back uncomfortably. The y male turned around and he gasped, "Wendy!? His eyes went to the person beside the doctor, "they got you to!?" the small woman had a passive look on her face as she came eye to eye with the male, she then rolled them and turned her back to him. Kai pouted again "Lay, what did you do? My beautiful flower isn't talking to me" Kai leaned into the doctor and Baekhyun took a breath of relief having been forgotten by the male. 

"That's all you Kai, what did you think would happen when you basically stole her boyfriend?" Lay crossed his arms, a look of disappointment on his face. 

Sehun and Jeonho watched the exchanges with new interest all the while Chen was still yelling profanities at them and saying things along the lines of 'I'll blow your stomach wide open' and other vivid things that made Sehun cringe. 

"Wow" Jeonho spoke up and Sehun looked at him curiously, "what?" he asked.

"I don't know. After finally capturing them and seeing them up close I thought they'd be" he furrowed his eyebrows, thinking "cooler, more intense" he finished, "they seem like regular people". Sehun shook his head with a small smile on his lips "yeah, regular people who can casually blow a hole in your head and walk away untainted" he said darkly sarcastic. 

The smile didn't last long as Sehun turned his back on the bickering criminals and started walking over to Chief who was frantically talking on the phone. All around, the people who worked at the desks were typing away on their keyboards and making phone calls. 

"What do you mean, you can't find anything?!" Chief shouted, "how the hell did the buildings collapse then? By magic!?" his face was red with anger and Sehun squared his shoulders knowing that when the Chief was angry with someone he was angry with everyone. 

"You better find something Leeteuk! Or I'm taking your badge away!" Chief then slammed the phone back into the receiver. He huffed out a breath while resting his hands on his hips. Sehun looked up at the TVs that sat in the corner of the wall, news stations were still reporting about the event that just took place. They were even talking about the lynching of the four civilians from days ago. 

"Chief" Sehun started. 

"What!" he shouted turning to him and Sehun flinched but stood his ground. "What are we going to do? The people are getting scared by the day with these things keep happening" he looked back at the holding cell to see Jeonho and a few other officers standing in the cell trying to pull a scrapping Chen and Kai apart. 

"I don't know how those guys are still operating while locked up, but we have to find the others fast" Sehun turned back to his boss who only glared at him.

"Don't you get it Sehun! It's because it's not them!" Chief pointed aggressively behind the tall male. "I've been trying to get you to see it my way but you rather believe what an incompetent officer has to say!". Sehun's mouth was slack as he looked into the burning eyes of his Chief, the older males hands clamp down on Sehun's shoulders and turn him around swiftly to look back at the cell. Jeonho and the officers were still in there now trying to keep back the four arguing criminals, even Wendy was having at it. 

"Does that look like a group of criminals that are organising attacks on the city?" Chief questions, the anger dulling from his voice. He poked Sehun's temple softly, "Think, Sehun".

It didn't, Sehun looked on. They looked like a bunch of criminals who knew about each other but have never once interacted willingly, it looked to be only Lay who knew them all on a less shallow level, just like he stated. Why didn't he see it before? Was he too caught up in capturing them and it just seemed plausible to blame it on them? Was he too afraid to acknowledge that there was someone in the shadows plotting against them? It was probably all of the above.

"So who is it? Who's doing all this?" Sehun asked in a low voice not sure if the Chief heard him. The sigh that followed was all the answer Sehun needed, he didn't know. 

"That's why I had Leeteuk take some of his guys to go investigate while the fire department and ambulance searched for injured people" the older man raked his hand through his already disheveled hair, Sehun turned to look at him and could see his age poke through the stressful look he wore. "But they haven't found a thing, not a bomb, or a piece of clothing or even discarded equipment".

"How did whoever did this blow up those buildings if not for a bomb?" Sehun's mind was jumbled. This person seemed to do things as if he were a ghost in thin air, no clues ever left behind that can be traced back to anything or anyone. 

"Evidence can be destroyed" Sehun jumped at the sudden and foreign voice and he crashed into the Chief who also looked taken aback, both having been in their own world. Sehun lifted his head slightly to look at the male, something he's never had to do, being one of the tallest on the force; the exception being Minho who was a whole head taller. Sehun gasped inwardly at the mysterious males appearance, where did he come from? Sehun thought. He was wearing their departments uniform but what made him odd looking was the hood that fell over half his face, Sehun couldn't see his eyes only his mouth and part of his nose peeking under the fabric. The stranger smiled although to Sehun it looked more like a smirk. 

"Who are you?" Sehun said straightening up. Now that he was standing upright, the male only had half a head on him. 

"Oh, Chanyeol, it's you." Chief stated suddenly behind the tall detective, Sehun turned around to look at him. "You know this guy?", the Chief rounded Sehun and went to stand by the new males side, encircling an arm over his shoulder. "Sehun, this is Chanyeol. Our new recruit, in fact he was transferred over here by the same department you use to work at in Lancor" Chief informed. 

Sehun's eyes widen and he turns his attention back to the hooded boy who looked quite honestly, menacing. Sehun couldn't tell where he was looking but he felt as if he was staring holes into his own eyes. He came from Lancor? He didn't remember seeing anyone that looked like this there but then again Sehun never really did pay attention to a lot of the staff unless he had to work with them. 

"I'm surprised you don't know him" Chief voiced curiously and Sehun shrugged "I wasn't much of a socialite over there, just business".

"Doesn't seem like things have changed much. But this guy here knew a lot about you" he patted the hooded males back who smiled at Sehun. For some reason this guy gave Sehun the creeps, the way he just showed up out of nowhere and even came from the same department he used to be at, claiming to know him. It all seemed weird to the detective, but Chief looked unbothered and unconcerned, smiling at the new recruit. 

"Really?" Sehun questioned and Chief nodded "said he used to admire you back in Lancor, the way you were hardworking and always did things thoroughly. He trained hard and asked to be transferred here". Chief burst out in a hearty laughter, his anger completely forgotten, "I didn't know you were that influential, kid".

"Sir-" Sehun started, not knowing what to say feeling a little stunned and caught off guard but Chief just turned around, "Jeonho, come over here!" he called. Sehun's partner, finally leaving the cell with the officers who were locking the door back up, looked over to them, confused. He started walking over, his eyes going from Chief to Sehun and lastly to the new guy. Jeonho came up and stood beside Sehun,

"I'm putting Chanyeol in your team" Chief stated and both detectives mouths open in surprise, "what?" they both say in unison. 

"Don't worry, the kids a good shot, I've seen him in training. He'll be useful for when you go out to arrest the other four" Chief pushed the boy slightly towards them and if Sehun wasn't mistaken he saw his mouth turn down into a frown briefly. 

"But, Chief, we're doing fine on our own" Sehun stated and chief sighed, "don't think I can't see those bruises Sehun".

"Bruises are normal in our line of work!" the taller exclaimed. "Yes but what if you weren't so lucky and got hit by bullet or had to handle someone out of your league. You're a detective, Sehun not a part of the S.W.A.T. The kid is good back up, you'll see". Sehun goes to open his mouth to say something else but was silenced by the department head,

"No more arguing, it's final" the Chief pointed at him. "For now, get back to finding the others of OT8, I think I have an idea but for now I'll go to the destruction sight and consult with Leeteuk" he went over to a chair and picked up his coat, "it's best if you guys go home for the night" Chief says before he's out the door. 

Sehun was shocked into place, it was Jeonho who spoke first. He walked up to the boy, Chanyeol, and held out his hand "please, take care of us". Sehun watched on. Chanyeol took his partners hand and shook it firmly "I'll try my best" his deep voice resonated between them and he turned to Sehun who walked up between the two to get through, "to pretend like I care" Sehun stopped, hearing the soft mumble of words he turned to the hooded male.

"What?" he questioned but the dark male just tilted his head, the fabric of the hood brushing against his cheek "hmm? I didn't say anything". Sehun watches him, something about this male set him the wrong way, he was dreading the fact that he now had to work with him. What was Chief thinking? He turned and walked over to where he discarded his jacket and pulled it on,

"Jeonho, let's go" Sehun stated and his partner nodded going over. "See you tomorrow" Sehun heard Chanyeol say but he just kept walking. 

 

 Pheonix watched the two detectives leave and he grins. For a pair of males who found hidden people for a living and uncovered identities, they were surprisingly oblivious. Although Phoenix felt like the tall one was a bit skeptical of him but it only put a feeling of thrill in his chest, he wanted to laugh. Stupid police. Pheonix had been working to get into the department for a while, with the help of a few people, one who gave him his fake identity as Chanyeol; a male who was from Lancor and idolized Sehun, that was good at playing many instruments and had a hobby of bowling. Pheonix shook his head, all useless stuff. 

He felt eyes on him and he looked to his right slightly, to see the bunch of lame criminals looking over at him. He turned lazily on the balls of his feet, his hood slightly moving. Some of the other desk workers were leaving for the night, not being discreet in the way they gave him weird looks; the tall male scoffed. When he got to the barred door of the cell he stood there looking in.

"You're not an officer" one of them stated quietly, it was the one Pheonix knew as Baekhyun. The hooded male smirked and his lips. He went closer to where the small male sat cross legged. 

"Yes I am, Shortcake" Pheonix said playfully and only smiled more as he saw the clench of Baekhyun's jaw. So y. 

"Don't call me that" Baekhyun said tightly. "Short straw, then?" Pheonix only teased more. 

Baekhyun abruptly got up and glared up at him, "call me short one more time, and I'll shank you". Baekhyun was getting irritated by this guy who's smirk never left his stupid face. Who was he any way? Like hell he was an officer.

Pheonix leaned his forearm against the bars and bent slightly to somewhat meet the short males face without bending his knees. "feisty, I like it. That sounds very pleasurable, shortcake. Will you have me screaming while you shank me? I don't see any weapon, will you be using something else?" Pheonix laughed lowly as Baekhyun's eyes widen at the blatant suggestion before his brows furrowed deeper, so hot, Pheonix thought, he wanted to heat him up some more. 

Baekhyun grabbed the front of Phoenix's shirt "you ing imbecile, like I would give you the satisfaction of having me".

"He's kind of hot, though" Baekhyun heard Kai say from the other side of the cell "shut up you ".

"Playing hard to get only gives me more incentive, sweet lips" Phoenix stated. Baekhyun made a face at his words. The short male couldn't see the weird officers face but from the smile that graced his lips he could tell the male was smug. 

"No one is playing hard to get" Baekhyun said still gripping the tall males uniform, he had to admit his build was nice and the outfit fit him well but he'd be damned if he let his mind knock around those thoughts "I'm just way out of your league".

"Well , Baekhyun. If you don't want him give him to me, he looks so tall and delicious" Kai spoke up again. 

"Better hurry up and claim me short straw, I'm not always a free man" Phoenix says with amusement lacing his tone. Baekhyun turned around to Kai "is everything that you say related?" he questioned.

"Well, the only thing I put in there are and alcohol, so yeah." he said without any shame. "And the only thing that comes out is crap" Chen piped up from where he sat on the floor, his head resting in his hands.

Pheonix's smile faded as he feels eyes on him, a distracted Baekhyun was only slightly gripping onto his shirt while he bickered with the gorgeous bronze skinned male, with the guy harbouring solid high cheekbones telling them to shut up so he could sleep. Pheonix lifted his head to see Lay frowning deeply at him, eyes dark to which Pheonix only looked on from under his hood, undeterred. 

The tall male slipped from Baekhyun's already loosened grasp and left the bickering men in the now empty room, turning off the lights and disappearing. 

 

------------------

"So how are we going to find these other four?" Jeonho asked as they sat in Sehun's living room. Sometimes the two met up here if they didn't want to be around the department or people, it helped with much needed discussions. The room was a set of cozy beiges and browns, Sehun wasn't much for bright colours although his kitchen was white. 

"Up to now, we've had some help in locating them, whether it be on accident or intentional" Jeonho continued drinking the coffee Sehun had made. 

"Well we still have Baekhyun and Yixing, they could still help" Sehun stated. "But wasn't that just for that one night, now we have to find a way to let them off the hook and pay them or we die a gruesome death" Jeonho spoke up. Sehun sighed, "why did you have to go and spew that mess?".

"I was frustrated and in the moment, I felt proud we had found out a secret of theirs and felt bold. Could you blame me?" he said into his cup, muffling his voice but it was still audible to Sehun. 

"Yes, yes I can. Next time speak for yourself" the taller said running a hand through his hair. Jeonho lowered his mug and pouted "but we're partners". Sehun looked at the grown man weirdly before laughing. "Well, we didn't exactly specify that it was just that one night, so we can use that and still make them help us".

"Wow. Police officials asking criminals for help, never thought I'd see the day" the two detectives stop their conversation and look over at the young officer. 

Sehun had totally forgotten he was with them, Chief had told him to include the boy in all they did, so he can get experience and because he was now part of their team. Sehun couldn't come to like the male even if Jeonho seemed surprisingly comfortable with him. He still wore that black hood over his face and it just set Sehun on edge not knowing where he was looking or what he was thinking. It was like as soon as you took your eyes off of him, he disappeared like he wasn't there until you looked at him again, his presence was silent yet overbearingly daunting.

"We're detectives not police officers, we use all the resources and methods we have to fully complete our cases" Sehun stated. 

Chanyeol put down the mug of coffee and folded his hands behind his head, leaning back and getting comfortable, Sehun formed his mouth into a thin line. "Detectives, police officers, what's the difference? You're both part of the same system, the same department". The hooded male stated. 

"You're fingers" Chanyeol said randomly and removed one of his hands from behind his head to point at Sehun's hands. "They're very nimble, do you play piano? You look like someone who'd be fast at typing on a computer keyboard. Why not be part of those desk jobs at the department? Why not go into Special Ops?" the bombardment of questions were unsettling to Sehun. 

"Wow, you're pretty observant. Sehun is really good with computers, you should've seen the way he deciphered and found the logo to the criminal club. There were codes and stuff I didn't even understand but Sehun looked comfortable with them" Jeonho babbled to the young officer who smiled. "Is that so?" is all he said. 

"Okay, enough. This isn't story sharing hour or get to know each other hour, I was just a computer nerd as a kid; now let's get back to the task at hand" Sehun dismissed. He turned back to the officer, "why don't you contribute to our discussion? Have you even read up on our case?" Sehun grilled, annoyed. 

Chanyeol sat up and leaned forward, lazily clasping his hands in front of him. Sehun noticed that the guys movements weren't exactly slow with the nonchalant and non caring demeanor he gave off but swift and precise. He new exactly what he wanted to do, there was no fidgeting or off movements. 

"As a matter of fact, I did. I checked the files on your case and familiarized myself with them" Chanyeol said. Sehun huffed, he was hoping to have something against him, "well, those files aren't exactly useful" he turned back to Jeonho who was finishing his coffee and nodded in agreement. 

"How so? I thought they held enough information" Chanyeol stated before mumbling 'surprisingly' under his breath. Sehun raised an eyebrow and looked over at Jeonho who shrugged. "Were you reading the same files? There was barely anything".

The young officers laughed lowly, if Sehun had to scrap for something he liked about the guy it would be his voice. It was surprisingly soothing with how deep it came out. "For a bunch of detectives in the field for how many years, you're surprisingly lenient to evidence" Chanyeol said. 

Sehun frowned slightly in confusion "what are you talking about?" he asked. "Well for one, there was one on a drug dealer" The two detectives nodded and Chanyeol scoffed "isn't that enough base knowledge to get you to go stake out the drug dealing criminals?" he informed. There was silence to which the young officer only shook his head, his hood swishing at the ends and Sehun frowned, was he looking down on them now? He did admit, he felt a bit stupid for not paying enough attention. "You were cooler back in Lancor" Chanyeol said, getting up. 

Sehun's mouth fell open. So he really come from his last department? He now felt the slight need to show him he knew what he was doing and that he was good at what he was doing. He got up too and Jeonho followed, "let's go to the department and get geared up" Sehun stated before brushing past the young officer to get to his hook where his jacket rested. But he was stopped by a long forearm. He looked up at the hood covered face of Chanyeol.

"What are you doing?" he questioned. "You're going about this all wrong" he informed and Sehun crossed his arms, "And why do you think that?".

"We're going to need bait for these drug dealers, they won't be kind to police officers or those from the department if you just go up to them" Chanyeol stated and Sehun looked at him for once agreeing with him. "So you can't look like a detective; no badge or gear. You could keep a gun in the waist of your pants if anything goes awry"

Chanyeol lowered his hand from Sehun's chest and he looked back at his partner who shrugged, "it makes a lot of sense. Kind of like when you went undercover at the casino club".

"Good, we're all on board. As for me" the young officer said, taking his gun from the holster and twirling it on his finger, Sehun scoffed at his antics. "I'll keep hidden and give you the back up you need" he turned around to Sehun holding up the gun in a shooting motion and pretended to take a shot at Sehun's head.

The tall detective went still as he stared at the open barrel and the smiling officer, a chill went up his spine even as Chanyeol lowered the cold metal object. What was that? His heart hammered in his chest, it was like he was really aiming at him. Sehun shook his head and began to follow the other two who already left out the front door, He was surely going crazy. 

 

 

 

 They parked the car near the curb. Sehun had driven them to the downtown area where he new drug dealers lurked around. The same place where he had caught Baekhyun, the red brick apartments and black iron fire escapes. 

"I'll be close by, try not to get yourself into too much trouble" Chanyeol said, gearing himself up; they had went back to the department for him only. He spent a while in the weapons room something about finding the right tools for him. Sehun scoffed at the males words "we aren't newbies. We know how to handle a few drug dealers".

"From what I heard, you cause a lot of scenes" the hooded male tucked a handgun in the back of his pants. Sehun raised an eyebrow, "where's your uniform?" he asked the male, now noticing he was just in his regular black hoodie with some ripped black jeans and not the navy blue slacks and shirt the officers usually wore or a bullet proof vest.

"There's no need, it's restrictive and I won't be in anyone's line of sight, anyways. Not if I don't need to be" a small smirk graced his lips. Sehun didn't question any further, he's already noticed that the young male was overall just weird.

"Let's go, Jeonho" Sehun said getting out of the car. Already they could see guys and girls alike hanging out in the cracks between buildings or openly lurking on the streets. Not much civilians lived in the area, only those who couldn't afford proper housing or their own homes. It was kind of known as the slumps of Ilcan.

"We know the guy is a drug dealer, but we don't know what he looks like" Jeonho said as they walked down the side walk slowly, looking at the misfits who stared them down equally. Both Sehun and his partner were wearing casual clothing, not too clean to be recognized as people who lived uptown, but not too shabby that they look easy to target. It seemed like being a criminal was harder than Sehun thought. 

"Well Chanyeol said he asked around before hand using some specifics from the files, said to look for a short, sturdy guy with cat like eyes" Sehun shrugged. 

"I can't believe we're letting a newbie dictate our case" Jeonho said, looking around. Sehun couldn't believe it himself but somehow Chanyeol seemed to know what he was talking about even though it seemed he was very mocking with his information. 

"Well, I guess it's nice to have a fresh pair of eyes and he seems reliable. Even if I don't like him that much" Sehun said as they turned into an alleyway, passing by gruff looking males. They seemed to be scrutinizing them and trying to determine whether to jump them or not, so far their disguises worked. 

"Yeah, why is that?" Jeonho questioned "is it because he's showed you up a couple times now?" his partner snickered. Sehun turned to him and frowned "no" he says "he just seems too mysterious. I don't like how he just showed up out of nowhere".

"That was sudden but we get new recruits all the time" Jeonho states, Sehun shoved his hands in his pockets, feeling the hardness of the gun in the waist of his pants "yeah, but none get put on the job that quick, no matter how good they are". 

"It's the hood isn't it" his partner concluded "the whole dark aura of it" Sehun nodded. "Exactly. What's with that? Why is he wearing it like that? I get the itch to rip it off his head; it seems like he's hiding something".

"He could just be ugly" Jeonho pipes up and Sehun nods thoughtfully "that's also plausible". Just then two people approach them and the two partners freeze. 

"You guys look lost, you new?" there were a total of two men and one girl, she was beautiful Sehun noted as his eyes landed on her. Sehun's mouth grew dry, he never really got used to how common it has become for him to go deeper into the criminal side of things and not just sit at the surface looking at clues and helping close murder cases. 

"We're new, so what?" Jeonho said firmly. Sehun observed the criminals, one male had blonde hair swept back in a style that made him look out of place and like he should be sitting at an expensive family dinner; his frame was reminiscent of a woman but still manly with the broad shoulders and thin waist, his features were feminine and cute too. The other male was taller, he had a sharp nose with nice masculine features and black cropped hair; the girl had an expressionless look but her small face and bunny like features made Sehun kind of smile wanly. 

"All the others have been eyeing you since you walked by, if you don't get out of here they'll jump you soon, trying to get you in on the drug business or sell you some; they can be very agressive" the girl spoke. Sehun and Jeonho look back from where they came and saw that they were right; those in the open space were eyeing them with a sort of hunger that made Sehun's skin crawl at the thought of being bombarded by them. "Come with us, we can get you out of here" the feminine male said. 

"Boss said not to bring in any more strays" the other male said "thats how we got Baekhyun and he turned out to be bad for the crew. All that money he stole". The three of them look at the two detectives and the feminine guy laughs. "They look harmless plus boss won't mind, we've been needing new hands anyways".

So they knew Baekhyun? Sehun thought, he snuck a glance at his partner who gave him a slight nod, he was thinking the same thing. Sehun felt a hand on his back pushing him forward, "hurry let's go before the others notice you're not with us and come at you" the blonde guy states. Sehun stumbles forward but follows. 

They walk behind the brick building by a fence. "So are you guys here to buy some drugs?" the black haired guy asked, Sehun nodded without hesitation. He looked behind him at the empty space, seeing no one not even a shadow; where was Chanyeol? He said he'd be close by. "Well you can buy from us, we have the best of the best. Even stuff you've never even heard of; we will give you a nice price. We don't cause trouble unless you steal from us or don't pay up".

Sehun looked ahead as they stop by a dark green dumpster. He was confused, why were they here? Did they make the wrong judgement to follow these people? Sehun was about to speak up when the blonde guy heaves himself up onto the dumpster, he holds his hand out for the girl and pulls her up. The other guy follows without trouble. Sehun watched as the feminine looking guy starts climbing up a pipe at the side of the brick building, the girl following. What the hell?

"Come on" the black haired guy holds out his hand. Jeonho was the first to take it, Sehun was surprised with how brave his partner was, maybe he should've been the one to go under cover at the bar last night things probably would've gone differently. 

Sehun was next, his feet clambered onto the metal of the object. Sehun secretly thanked the lord that highschool gym class had the rope climbing requirement or he would be a fumbling lamb trying to clime the pipe. He managed fairly well as he gripped the blonde haired guys hand as he pulled Sehun through the open window. They now stood in a dimly lit apartment with barely any furniture, there was a shabby table holding tons of pills and injection needles and other things Sehun didn't know, a few people roamed around but turned their heads as soon as they saw the intruders. There was another opened window on the other wall facing down into the streets, a hallway to the left with a couple doors and a kitchen built into the wall. Mold was prominent in the place but it wasn't too overbearing, it looked as if it's been cleaned as much as it could. Actually the whole placed looked clean for its grungy aura. The lone couch and random chairs placed in a neat way in the open living space, some around the table where two kids worked. 

"Taemin" one of the people came over, a fairly tall guy with a nice face "who are these people?" his voice was soft but his face looked hooded, he was high Sehun thought. "Xiumin would not approve" he stated his eyes falling on the two detectives lazily.

"Shut up Max" the blonde guy, Taemin, said "it'll be fine, they're here to buy some drugs. Xiumin would be happy we brought in service" he patted Sehun's back. Who was Xiumin? Their boss? It seemed very likely, the way they talked about him, with high authority. "Is that the guy in charge?" Sehun voiced his thoughts. 

"Yeah, he's our boss. He's out now but he'll be back soon" Taemin spoke while Sehun saw the girl go over to the two kids to show them something and the black haired guy holds down the hall to a door that looked to be the bathroom. 

"Taemin, stop telling outsiders unnecessary things" Max argued. Taemin rolled his eyes and pointed to the patched up couch "you guys can wait there. What kind of bags you want?" Sehun looked at him confused "what?". Taemin laughed "what's your preferred substance, wow you guys really are noobs".

"Ah. How about ?" Sehun shrugged and looked at Jeonho who nodded "ew. So basic, why not try something out of the box", Taemin says "how about these purple pills?" he goes over to the table and picks up an oval shaped pill. "Take one and you'll be seeing only colours for days" or this, he held up a bottle and a needle "we bagged these from some other drug dealers, take it and it'll make you so hormonolly crazed you'd be sleeping with any girl" he put them down "but we usually use that as a punishment". 

Sehun couldn't believe what he was hearing. Where do people get this stuff from? Who makes them? His mind goes to the room of handmade medicines at the hospital that Yixing concocted, did he somehow have a hand in these? Sehun wouldn't be surprised. "Where did you get all this stuff?" he asked,

"Some men in black come by regu-" Taemin got cut off by Max's hand covering his mouth "shut up, you idiot" he hissed. 

" is fine" Jeonho spoke up, he had been walking around looking at everything. Max lowered his hand "get them what they want and send them off".

Taemin huffed and went through the stuff on the table and then in the black duffel bags on the floor. "Where's Chanyeol?" Sehun heard Jeonho softly whisper "I don't know either, he has to be somewhere close by. Maybe he's waiting for something to go bad". Jeonho slumped on to the couch "well he's sure good at hiding", Sehun looked out the opposite window and at the building across the street following his partners actions. "Yeah, he is".

"Here you guys go" Taemin came back over with two baggies full of white powder "50 bucks" he said and Sehun's mouths falls open, "isn't that a lot?" he said and Taemin just smiled "usually we sell if for 70 but this moron is giving you a discount" Max informed folding his arms and glaring at the blonde male. 

"Ah, well." Sehun said as he patted the back of his pants, knowing he didn't have that kind of money on him. Jeonho was doing the same thing. "Actually, you can take it back" Sehun said and Taemin's smile falls into a frown, "what do you mean?".

"I mean we don-" Sehun began to say but a loud thud behind them interrupted his words. The four males look behind them to see a guy dusting himself off. He was short, for sure but his build was very nice and full. He looked muscular and had black curly hair. 

"You ask for it, you buy it" the new male said, straightening up. His eyes landed on the two guys sitting on the couch, when his eyes glided over to Sehun his brows furrowed deeper and his hand went quickly to his waist and brought the hidden gun up. It was the eyes that caught Sehun first "it's him" Sehun whispered to Jeonho, somehow Sehun saw it coming and pulled Jeonho down to the floor just as a shot rung off. 

"What the hell Xiumin, they're just buyers!" Sehun heard Taemin say, Jeonho looked at Sehun "the drug dealer?" the tall male nodded. 

"The hell they are, that guy is a cop!" Xiumin shouted and another shot rung out. Taemin and Max looked down at them and they had to hurriedly get up, there was no place to hide, they were surrounded and in the open. 

"!" Sehun said and soon everyone's eyes were on them. The noise of guns being cocked sounded around the room and Jeonho and Sehun branded their own backing up to a wall. 

", Taemin! I told you to shut up, I told you to take them out" Sehun saw Max say, his own gun trained on him. "That's the same guy who was after Baekhyun!" Xiumin pointed at Sehun. The detectives eyes furrowed, how did he know that? Was he there that day? He didn't see anyone. 

It was about 15 guys against two and Sehun has never felt so trapped before. "What are we going to do?" Jeonho hissed. Sehun looked around until his eyes landed on the table, without a second thought he grabbed Jeonho's hand and ran over actively setting everything off. Shots after shots were pelted at them, one clipped Sehun in the arm and he yelled, gripping it and falling by the table. With help from Jeonho they both tipped it so they could use it as a shield making the pills and bottles clamber to the floor; some breaking and releasing liquid on to the wooden floors. It trapped them in the hallway while everyone else scattered around the space, also hiding behind things.

Sehun poked his head up and fired a shot at some guy behind the kitchen, it looked to have caught him as he fell backwards. Dents were in the wall where the opposing guys shot and missed. Where the was Chanyeol?! Sehun thought as he and Jeonho shot off bullets one after the other, some missing and some lodging into the enemies shoulders or legs. Just then, those that were out in the open started dropping with pools of blood pouring out of their heads. Sehun looked on confused as more dropped with no bullets being sent their way. He looked in the direction the hits were coming from to see the open window and his mouth formed an 'O'.

"What's happening?" Jeonho said. "Chanyeol" Sehun said almost proudly and with relief. So that's where he was; the other building he saw, the fact that he said he wouldn't be in anyone's line of sight. A sniper? That's what he had spent time finding? Sehun went back to shooting, ignoring the pain in his arm. Something nagged at him about that discovery but he brushed it off, he had other matters at hand. 

Shots were still coming from all sides, from those who were still around. Jeonho and Sehun was still in a makeshift shoot out in such close quarters. "Sehun, look out!" he suddenly heard his partner shout beside him and turned around just as Jeonho went in front of him, only to fall back into the tall male. The detective looked down to see blood clotting in the side of his shirt. 

Sehun's eyes widen "Jeonho!" he exclaimed, looking up into the hallway to see the black haired guy, his face hard as he held the gun, his finger on the trigger. Sehun dropped to the ground as the bullet lodged into the table. "" he tried to press Jeonho's side but it hurt to move his injured arm. His partner groaned as he held up his own gun just as multiple, loud shots rung out and the dark haired guy falls to the grown howling, holding his thigh. Sehun looked behind him to see a familiar black hood, moving swiftly about the place, gun cocked up as he pressed the trigger rapidly. 

One or two members ran at the tall male, only for him to dodge their advances; take a hold of their wrist, nudge their elbow up hard with his forearm, earning a loud crack and scream from the perpetrator. They bend over in pain gingerly their disfigured arm just for Chanyeol to press the trigger of his gun, lodging a bullet into their skull. Sehun winced, it was so grotesque. Like Chief said, the kid was good but watching him fight the men, he looked borderline animalistic with how swift and fast he moved, precise and knowing as if he could read their attacks; in a way it was captivating.

Some of the guys ran out the front door, along with Taemin and Max, the girl did too along with the two boys following with glowering looks of fear. All that were left was Sehun and an unconscious Jeonho, the injured black haired guy and Xiumin and Chanyeol who stood among a ring of bodies. He looked unreal the way he stood tall and his face hidden, a gun in his hand and blood stains as dark spots on his black hoodie. Sehun's mind was nagging at him that something wasn't right but all he could focus on was Jeonho's shallow breaths, he needed to get him to a hospital. He stood up and winced when he had to use his bad arm. 

"What do you guys want?" Sehun saw the male, Xiumin, stand up from behind the couch. The tall detective, helped an injured Jeonho out into the open space, now getting a better look at the cruel scene and blood splattered floor. Sehun nodded at Chanyeol who went over to an unresisting Xiumin, "you're under arrest for posession of illegal substances and being associated with OT8" Sehun said. 

"I'm not associated with those idiots" Xiumin said wryly, letting Chanyeol handcuff him. "But you knew Baekhyun and he is also one" Sehun stated to which Xiumin said nothing. "Darn good for nothing kids" the short male spat looking at the slump of bodies. 

Chanyeol pushed Xiumin to the door. "We need to get Jeonho to the hospital" Sehun said as they take the elevator down. The tall detective was still trying to press his partners wound. "Isn't that criminal a surgeon, he could help" Chanyeol said. Sehun frowned as he thought about the things Yixing was capable of "no. That guy is no doctor, I don't want him anywhere near Jeonho".

The young officer chuckled "you people are seriously so one track minded" his head turned to Sehun. "The hospital isn't close by and we don't have time to waste as we have more of these guys to arrest, so it's either him or let your friend bleed out". Sehun winced at the blunt way the hooded male put it. Every time they spoke he seemed more manly and put together than Sehun was, even though he was older and it made his chest burn. 

"Listen to the officer, he knows what he's talking about" Xiumin spoke up. Sehun looked at him, he was very handsome and his eyes were expressive they showed amusement in them. Sehun felt like he was on the other end of a joke when he looked at the two males, one that knew how to shoot well, too well; how to fight and was just over all mysterious and the other that looked as if he new a lot of things, secrets while Sehun just happened to be a small detective who tasked with a job that put him in over his head.

 

 As they were driving back Sehun looked out the window at the passing buildings and people, the sun already settled high in the sky at midday. He held Jeonho close, willing him to hold it together. Sehun knew this was only the start, things were only going to get worse; but how much worse? He perks up in that moment all of a sudden as he looks out on to the sidewalk, just as they drive by he sees the familiar empty face of the guy from the cafe incident.