Episode 5: Welcome To The Party

Play By The Cards

A/N: so the space couldn't hold the full title '(Welcome to the Party)'

P.S I have a game. Who can figure out the pattern to unlocking the files? :) whoever guesses it will get to know some contents of the next chapter and maybe even get a sneak peek. ;)

 

Sehun and Jeonho sat at a table in a fairly bustling cafe. The space was very calming with its light colours of white and pale yellow. The two had come there to sort out a way to get on with their case. "Should we try Dr. Zhang, again?" Jeonho suggested, taking a sip of his coffee. 

Sehun sighed, "you think he'll see us twice? Plus we'd have to scrounge up a warrant to even search his office and workspace. We were just being bold last time, Chief would've had our heads".

"Yeah, you're right. Dr. Zhang seemed to be innocent, anyway" Jeonho said. Sehun nodded then frowned slightly, "but I also got this feeling like he was keeping something from us. Like he was lying" he looked at his partner. 

"You think he was lying about being part of OT8? That he didn't know who they were?" Jeonho questioned. 

"I don't know" Sehun shook his head "but there's this" he reached into the pocket of his jeans and reveals the playing card. 

"A card?" his partner looks on, confused. 

"I found it in my pocket the other night at the office. I kept wondering how it even got there until I thought back to when we went and sought out Dr. Zhang" Sehun informs. "I remembered him patting my chest before he left".

"You think it was him?" Jeonho asks. "No one else would make sense but what I don't get, is why? Why put such a thing in my pocket?" Sehun places the card in between them and they both stare at it. 

"It is pretty weird; then again that was a reaccuring thought concerning the doctor" Jeonho states. Sehun couldn't agree more. "I think we should go back" Sehun speaks up. Jeonho raises his eyebrows at the older.

"But not to talk to Dr. Zhang; His assistant, the one that came in before we could get more questions in." Jeonho slowly nods, mulling it over. "She would have a deeper insight to the doctor than him himself."

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo watched them from his table a couple feet behind them. He could tell they were policemen even if they weren't in uniform, the outline of the gun was visible behind the taller ones jacket. Kyungsoo took a sip of his tea as he weighed his options not fond of the new challenge they posed. If he went along with his plan and it went perfectly, which he believed it would then they would pose no threat but being the police they would probably be skeptic of the sudden ordeal. More than anything Kyungsoo wished he could go over and just snap their necks and proceed without much conflict; He considered that option but decided against it, he didn't want to entertain the idea of having a bigger target on his back than there already was.

He set his cup back down on to the table and waved a waiter over. A lanky boy stalked over to him, wearing the cafe's uniform of a plain white T-shirt with their logo; a yellow flower with elegant print underneath spelling out 'Blooming Days' and black pants. He was carrying a tray of hot tea with a bowl of sugar cubes as he came face to face with the short male. 

"Can I help you?" the lanky boy smiled brightly. Kyungsoo could tell it was his first day on the job, poor guy he thought, if he cared Kyungsoo would've thought twice about using him; but he didn't. 

"Yes" Kyungsoo said. "Can you scream for me?" 

The kid looked at him confused but before he could even question the male, Kyungsoo took the metal spout that was holding the hot tea and threw the contents on the boy. He reared back, dropping the tray in a hurry and Kyungsoo swiftly tripped him. The boy fell to the ground screaming and clawing at his face as the hot tea burned him. Kyungsoo stood up and fixated his face into shock and worry. 

"Oh my gosh!" he exclaimed. 

Everyone in the shop looked over at the debacle; the screaming, thrashing boy; the spilt tea and everyone gasped collectively. Kyungsoo looked around frantically as some of the employees came rushing over. All the customers got up out of their seats to come over and see what was going on. Kyungsoo noticed the two officers quickly coming over as well. 

"What happened!?" an employee asked looking up at Kyungsoo while trying to help the others calm the boy. Someone was already on the phone calling 911.

"I don't know! He was coming over after I called for more tea and he tripped" Kyungsoo lied through his teeth showing fake concern. "Will he be okay?"

"Is there anything we could do?" everyone looked at the two policemen. "We're from the police department" the tall one stated showing them his badge before crouching down to look at the boy who's skin was blistered and red. 

"We just called 911 for an ambulance" a customer with her two kids informed. 

The shorter policeman nodded, "good, let's get him up and sit him at a table".

Kyungsoo switched gears. "I'll go get some napkins to clean the mess and wipe him off" he quickly brushes past the two officers and as he walked away his face fell back into the cold resting stare it always sported. 

At the counter, he grabbed a handful of napkins but then looked back at the occupied crowd and swiftly dipped behind the counter. He needed to hurry. He went over to the cash register just as a person emerges from the back, her eyes widened at the male but Kyungsoo didn't have time to waste he quickly reached out to cover ; placed his hand by her neck and twisted in a sharp motion feeling her go limp. 

He turned around and hopes the commotion diagonal of him drown the noise of the register as he opens it, taking all the money out and shoving it into his pocket. He then slid back around the counter not having time to hide the body but it didn't matter to him because he'll be out of here and gone before those two policemen even noticed. Kyungsoo goes back over and hands the employees the handful of napkins he got, the tall officer held his hand out for some and looked Kyungsoo in the eyes for the first time. 

Sehun had never seen such bold and lifeless eyes before and he was taken aback, wasn't this the guy who was shouting in shock before? He watched him as his face transformed into a smile and his eyes shone, did he imagine it? Sehun didn't notice that he was gripping the napkins too long before the male spoke in a smooth low voice.

"Take it, you should help him". He had a very distinct look of short cut black hair, big eyes with full features and equally full lips; Sehun would mistake him for a middle schooler if it weren't for the mature air coming from him. Sehun nodded taking the napkins and copied everyone in patting off the burned male who was groaning in agony, Sehun felt sorry for the kid. 

A few seconds later the sirens of the ambulance came blaring up the street, paramedics burst into the shop with a gurney and Sehun along with some employees helped get the boy on to it. Kyungsoo watched in cold amusement as they wheeled the man outside and he followed behind. While the officers were preoccupied with the paramedics and the employees were reassuring the customers he walked by the gurney with the kid on it.

Kyungsoo saw his blistered and swollen eyes look over at him and the short male watched the boy. "You did good" he says to him but Kyungsoo knew this was the sloppiest robbery he's ever done. He was hasty and didn't think most of it through; he wasn't calculative enough, questions would be asked and soon he'll be sought out.

The oxygen mask over the boys face made it hard for him to speak and all Kyungsoo got were muffled sounds. He knew he should kill the boy but he was in no position to do so with police and witnesses so near. Kyungsoo settled with bringing his hand up in a chopping motion and bringing it down a top the boy's esophagus, knowingly demaging it. The male holding fear in his eyes, clawed at his throat as Kyungsoo turned and slipped away down the street and around the corner.

 

 

 

Sehun looked back at the store and Jeonho joined his side after speaking with some of the medics. The boy had severe burns but they will quickly get him to the hospital to tend to him which brought back the idea that him and Sehun had to get going as well.

"What's wrong?" Jeonho asked, knowing the look of his partner when he had questions but no answers.    

"Something I can't put my finger on" Sehun says. "The boy tripped but when we went over there nothing he could've tripped on was present".

"Didn't that guy say?" Jeonho turned to face Sehun who still looked thoughtful, "some guys are just clumsy, Sehun".

Speaking of which, where is that guy? Sehun looked around trying to spot him out but he didn't see the short male anywhere all he saw was the thinning crowd of customers dispersing and the ambulance racing down the street. Did he leave to? Just then a thought came to Sehun,

"The manager, where's the stores manager?" he turned to Jeonho who shrugged. "I didn't see anyone that looked like a manager come out" he stated. 

Sehun looked over at the group of employees already walking back inside and he left his partners side to jog over to them. 

"Excuse me!" he called and they all look in his direction. "Where is your manager? Wouldn't they want to know about this ordeal?"

One of the boy employees spoke up, an average sized guy with freckles and pale skin. "She had to step out before everything went down and left me in charge."

"Would you mind if we helped you clean up the rest of the mess?" Sehun asked and the employees shook their heads. 

Jeonho came over and put a hand on Sehun's shoulder. "We need to get to the hospital, we can't waste time; we have a case to attend to." Sehun patted his partners hand.

"I just want to ease my suspicions, it won't take long" he states following the workers inside, Jeonho sighed but followed. 

They all went to the disaster scene, to pick up the fallen spout and scattered sugar cubes while also cleaning up the rest of the spilt tea. An employee brought a mop over and mopped the area. It didn't take long as Sehun had predicted and his suspicions were almost squashed when he heard a scream come from the counter. Everyone looked over and saw one of the girl employees covering in shock as she looked at something on the door behind the counter. They all quickly went over and equally gasped at the sight. There, lying on the floor was a woman; her neck twisted and her chest still. 

"That's her" the pale freckled boy spoke, "that's our manager." Sehun and Jeonho looked at each other in wonder and concern. 

"Your suspicion was right" Jeonho looked back down at the dead woman and Sehun nodded, sadly. 

"Who could've done this?" the girl who spotted the body voiced out and the others wondered the same. They all look over at the two policemen. Sehun racked his brain before things clicked. The fact that there wasn't anything the male could've tripped so hard on, clumsy or not, the body behind the counter, the male who witnessed the whole ordeal; the one with the cold eyes who transformed so quickly Sehun thought he'd imagined it. 

"The guy" Sehun voiced simply and Jeonho creased his eyebrows along with everyone else.

"The one from before? The short cut guy who witnessed everything? What's he got to do with it?" his partner questioned and Sehun smiled. 

"He said he would go get napkins right?" Sehun looked at Jeonho expectantly and he nodded. "And you noticed how there are already napkin dispensers on most of the tables?" Jeonho nodded again. 

"Well, as he brushed passed I noticed him go into the direction of the front counter" Sehun pointed to the dispenser by the bowl of small pastries. "But why go all the way here when there were closer ones? Someone check the register" Sehun instructed. 

The girl went over and opened the money compartment only to come face to face with a empty register. Sehun smiled, he was right. Jeonho looked at his partner and smiled along, patting him on the back. "That's why you're the head detective".

Truthfully it wasn't because of Sehun's detective skills that made him figure it out; as they were all cleaning Sehun looked around and noticed all the left behind clues. The perpetrator had been sloppy, If the male would've been more atoned to detail Sehun would've left blind to the fact that there was anything wrong. 

It was the second time they had to call 911 to the shop and Sehun told the employees to go home and clear their minds from such a hectic shift. 

"We let him get away" Jeonho sighs as they drive away from the shop. "Are you sure it was him?" 

"We're going to the hospital, I'm pretty sure it was but we can ask the boy for a confirmation plus robbers always show their faces again". Sehun stated.

 

---------------

 

The two detectives reach the hospital and go to check on the boy, they wanted to speak to him and get a confirmation but the nurses said he suffered from a damaged esophagus; he was lucky to get here quickly for a hasty operation but he won't be able to speak anytime soon. 

Sehun found that odd and out of blue, was his trip that bad? He felt bad for the boy but he couldn't dwell on it as they came to the hospital for another reason. Him and Jeonho go over to the front desk secretary, the woman recognizes the men as they approach.

"Sorry but Dr. Zhang is out" she says matter-of-factly before going back to her computer screen. 

"Oh, we're not here for Dr. Zhang. We're here to speak to his assistant" Jeonho informs. The woman looks at them surprised and a little confused at their request. "What's your purpose with Ms. Wendy?" she asks. 

"We want to speak to her on some confidential matters and we have no time to waste, so of you could please lead us to her?" Sehun said straightly. 

She hesitated a bit before picking up the phone a little ways from the computer and pages for the assistant. The two exchange a few words before the secretary hangs up.

"She's in the medicine room, sorting out the stocks. It's down that way", the woman points behind the two detectives at a hallway. "Turn the corner and it's the door at the end".

The two man thank her and get on their way. They follow the secretary's direction and soon stand face to face with a steel door, they rap on the door twice before Dr. Zhang's assistant opens the door and peers at the two men. She was a short lady who had her brunette hair in a ponytail and wore nurse scrubs which confused Sehun, wasn't she just an assistant? She opens the door a little further to let them both in. 

The medicine room was a big, steel space, with lots of shelves on every wall, even individual cases placed in rows; they all held different kinds of medicine. Sehun walked by and scanned the bottles, some with clear or tar black liquid. Wendy went about sorting a cart full of yellow liquid bottles while the two males looked around astonished. Sehun picked up one of the bottles; this one holding a pink liquid and Sehun raised and eyebrow, the label red 'Mishap in the laundry machine'.

"There sure are a lot of medicines I've never heard of" Sehun says and Jeonho voices his agreement. "That's because Dr. Zhang makes mostly all the medicine the hospital uses". Wendy answered instantly while paying attention to the bottles in her hand, reading the labels. 

Sehun raised an eyebrow, he does? Is he even qualified to be making medicine? Does he really use these on patients? "is that so?".

"Yes" she answers.

"Is he qualified to be making medicine for patients? Isn't he just a mere surgeon, there specialty isn't exactly medicine making" Jeonho states exactly what Sehun was thinking. 

"Dr. Zhang has been making medicine since he was young, it's something his grandmother taught him as she herself specialized in the art" Wendy continued to answer with no halt moving from one shelf to the next. 

Sehun couldn't help observing that she was very attentive and quick spoken. "So what exactly does 'Mishap in the laundry machine' mean?".

"And 'Dragon breath'? Sounds like a potion out of a witch movie" Jeonho adds. 

"They mean stomach ache and burning sore throat" Wendy said, placing the last of the yellow liquid bottles on the shelf. She then turns to Sehun and Jeonho and suddenly stalks over to them, snatching the bottles out of their hands and placing them back into their spots.

"Don't touch anything" she said strictly. 

"Sorry" both men say. "But why not just name them those simple names?" Sehun asked actually intrigued. 

"Dr. Zhang isn't one to do simple things just because they're simple. He has more of an eccentric mind" Wendy puts her hands on her hips. "Now stay close to me and no more touching. Anything being mixed up will cause big problems" she turns around and goes over to another cart that now had red liquid bottles. 

As Sehun and Jeonho do as their told the taller looks around again and noticed that everything is colour coded. Wow Sehun thought, this was actually pretty amazing, Dr. Zhang was quite a surgeon. 

"So if you're an assistant, why are you doing things like this? Shouldn't this be the nurses jobs?" Jeonho questions.

"Because, I'm the only one along with a few other nurses I trained that know what the labels represent. And I'm no mere assistant, why do you think I'm wearing nurses scrubs; I'm also working as a nurse" she informs them. Sehun's mouth opens into and 'O' shape as he gets it. 

"May I ask you guys something?" Wendy turns to them and they both stop. "Sure, yes" Sehun answers. 

"Why exactly did you request to see me?" her eyes narrow. 

Sehun cringed under her stare, this lady was very intimidating. He can see why Dr. Zhang has her as his assistant. "Well, we thought you could give us a closer insight to Dr. Zhang than himself, being his assistant and all". Her eyes narrowed further. "We're still on his case along with a few others and you seemed like the next best option".

"I think it's best you go, you'll get nothing more from me" she says matter-of-factly, stacking the red liquid bottles. Maybe Sehun shouldn't have been so honest but he saw no point in lying when they were quite desperate at the moment.

Just then Sehun felt a tap on his chest and he looked over at his partner who pointed to his far right. Sehun followed where he was pointing and saw another metal door In the open part of the wall. Sehun raised his eyebrow, is that the storage for the medicine? He gave a questioning look to Jeonho who just pointed again, this time Sehun saw the 'do not enter' sign. That piqued the tallers interest. 

"What's behind that door?" Sehun asked Wendy. 

"Nothing that concerns you" she answers right away without even glancing back. Wow this girl was sharp, Sehun thought.

"Is it a storage area?" Jeonho chimed in. 

"Of sorts" she answered simply which made Sehun question the door more. "You guys should really leave now seeing as there was no real reason to request me, other than to ask me unnecessary questions in an otherwise restricted area".

Sehun really wanted to see what was behind that door and he didn't see a way to with Wendy being here, all eyes and ears despite not paying attention to you. She continued to usher them out until they were standing back out into the hallway and Sehun felt dejected.

"Now leave, hospitals aren't for detectives to play around in" she says closing the door. 

"Now what? That door seemed suspicious" Jeonho says and Sehun nodded. Just then Sehun saw a nurse coming down the hall going straight for the metal door and an idea springs into his head. 

"let's get in" he said to Jeonho. "But how?" his partner voiced. Sehun points to the nurse opening the metal door. 

Jeonho nods in understanding and they both quickly shuffle behind a wall on the opposite side of the door and waited. As soon as the nurse put her lanyard to the door and it beeped, she opened the door and went in. Sehun ran quickly to catch the door before it locked, not enough to give warning to those inside but so they could slip in unnoticed. Jeonho went first then Sehun and they quickly hide behind one of the many shelves. 

They see the nurse and Wendy at the far ending of the room exchanging words and the door was just a little ways from where Sehun and Jeonho squatted. They slip around the shelf and crouch, quickly running over to the door and safely out of view from the two women. 

"" Sehun whispers seeing that the door needed a key card. He looks around frantically, hearing some footseps coming by there way. 

"There's one" he hears Jeonho whisper. Sehun looked over at the cart he's pointing at and it so happened to be the one Wendy was rolling around that held the red liquid bottles, some still sitting on the metal surface; she must've forgotten it there, it was like luck was on their side. 

"Hurry, get it" Sehun encourages, hearing shuffles by the short wall that hid them sparingly.

Jeonho quickly sprints over and grabs it, coming back and sliding it through the card swipe and they see the red light turn green as the door unlocks. Still crouched they open the door and slip inside leaving the door slightly opened. The lucky feeling dispersed as Sehun and Jeonho get up from their crouching position and their eyes widen in horror at what sat in the room. 

Sitting on wooden shelves were jars on jars of body parts, some sitting in bloody water or green formaldehyde. "What the hell is this!?" Jeonho voiced his disgust. 

They continue to look around feeling the coolness of the room. They come across hearts, livers, kidneys and even intestines. As Sehun turns a small corner he almost throws up seeing chopped off hands and feet sitting in the jars, looking as grotesque as the whole situation was. 

"Sehun look" he hears Jeonho behind him. He turns around to see his partner looking up at the top of a shelf, he does the same and if possible his eyes widen more in surprise. At the top of the shelf sat a whole human torso still looking fresh.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" the two hear an angry voice come from behind them and they whip around to see Wendy. "I told you this room was none of your concern".

"What are we doing!? How about you, why the hell do you have all these body parts locked up in here!?" Sehun voiced incredulously "this is sick!".

"Hey Wendy I'm back to-" a voice carries into the room and the three that were already there turn around to see Dr. Zhang standing there. 

"Boss!" Wendy exclaimed. Sehun watches as the doctors face slowly move from a blank expression and twist to form a crazed grin. 

"Oh. You caught me" he said simply and the smile doesn't falter.

"So all those claims were true. You killed your patients" Jeonho says also visably in disbelief and disgust at the situation. 

Sehun suddenly springs into action as he unhooks the cuffs he had connected to his waist. Dr. Zhang didn't move a muscle or try to run he stood there and held out his arms to the approaching Sehun. 

"I didn't kill all of them, only the ones that deserved it" he stated. 

"Dr. Zhang you are under arrested and all words you say can and will be used against you in the court of law" Sehun recited his rights as he clipped the metal rings firmly around the doctors wrists. "And no one deserves to die" the taller whispered angrily as he spun the doctor around, pushing him out the room. 

"Are you sure about that, Detective oh? I'm sure you're thinking that I should fall to the same fate for this" Dr. Zhang says and Sehun falters a bit at the surprisingly accurate claim Of the hipocrisy of his thoughts. 

Out in the hall as they past by, onlookers looked on in confusion and wonder as to why the miracle surgeon,  Dr. Zhang was being escorted out in handcuffs. Yixing smiled at them all, not seemingly worried at all and that rubbed Sehun the wrong way, he felt disrespected as a policemen. 

"Boss!" Wendy followed and called from behind them. Yixing looked back as best as he could in his position and continued smiling that crazed smile. 

"Don't worry, Wendy. Hold down the fort until I return" Yixing says. Sehun pushed him forward "You won't be coming back". 

"No, I'm coming with you" Wendy continued to follow just as the secretary from the desk blocked their path. The humming crowd of curious onlookers from nurses, to doctors, to other surgeons; even visitors, grew. 

"Where do you think you're taking Dr. Zhang?" she frowns at Sehun and Jeonho who was trying to keep Wendy at bay who wasn't having it. 

"Step aside ma'am, we have evidence to take Dr. Zhang into custody upon claims that have been connected to him" Sehun said. 

"Those claims are years old and have never been comfirmed" she stubbornly folds her arms not moving. Sehun sighed. "Ma'am, we've just confirmed them".

The older woman looks at them with an incredulous look and so do the people around them who knew about the claims put on the doctor. Yixing didn't falter though, he gave a hearty laugh, "being hands on is the best way to develop medecine".

"You have many capable surgeons here, you don't need a piece of trash leading them" Sehun says before walking again, brushing past a still astonished secretary and out on to the open street where he had parked their car. He pushed Dr. Zhang in to the backseat and Wendy followed suit climbing in after. Sehun looked at Jeonho who shrugged, 

"She insisted" he said. Sehun sighed and went around to get into the drivers seat, Jeonho got in on the passenger side. 

"You foolish girl, we're not going on a vacation we are going to jail" Yixing stated to Wendy, who sat cross armed. "Well I was in on it too, so I should be arrested also" she said stubbornly to which Yixing chuckled.

Sehun pulled out looking at the overhead mirror into the back. He didn't understand the woman, she could be off with no charge but chose to follow her boss to prison. Did they have a thing? Sehun thought but then he thought back to the room full of live body parts of who Dr. Zhang had killed. Sehun didn't think that man knew what love was, taking those people from their families. 

The sound of a ringing phone sounded throughout the car and Sehun signaled for Jeonho to answer it. His partner reached over and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Sehun answered. 

"Detective Oh" Chief said on the other line. "We need you to come downtown quick; it's urgent".

"What's the situation?" Sehun questioned. There's a long paused before the Chief answered, "there's been a murder".

Sehun and Jeonho look at each other and Sehun picks up speed, making a wide U turn and heading in the opposite direction. "Now it's getting interesting!" he hears the doctor say from the backseat. 

 

---------------

 

The crowd wasn't hard to spot but Sehun found it hard to find a place to park. They were near one of downtowns many brick apartments with the iron fire escapes. He saw the news vans with some of Ilcan's most seen on TV reporters standing outside the crowd recording their footage. Sehun recognized the police cars and ambulances and the two detectives exit the car, leaving the two criminals inside. They both try and weave their way to the front where they can see the police standing by as some kept the people at bay and others surveyed the crime scene. 

Sehun spotted Chief standing by with officer Leeteuk and he makes a beeline for them. "Chief what happened?" Sehun asked as he neared. The older man looks at him with a grim expression and looks at the fire escape. Sehun followed his stare and gasped. 

Tied to the iron bars were four bloody bodies with a noose around their neck. Two males and two women, they were stripped of their clothing and left to dangle at the edge from the highest platform. "What the " Sehun voiced. 

"This is so sick" Jeonho said disgusted. 

"We got a call from someone anonymous, telling us about this crime scene; we found it suspicious but couldn't trace the number" officer Leeteuk spoke up beside Chief.

"And look" the head male said holding up something to Sehun. "What's this?" he questioned taking the blank white card save for some letters. 

"Read it" Chief said simply. Sehun looked at the card closer reading it's contents. 

Fear is creeping.

"What does this even mean?" Jeonho voiced as confused as Sehun. 

"That's what we're trying to figure out" Chief said honestly, "but what we can say, though; is that this person and the guy who sent the box of the mutilated body are the same".

Sehun couldn't believe what he was seeing, two times in one day he's seen something so ed up. What is this city coming to?

"OT8 are getting out of hand" they all look towards officer Leeteuk. "They need to be stopped, detective Oh have you made any progress yet?"

"I still don't think they are behind this" Chief interjected and officer Leeteuk scowled. "Chief! You can't be serious! Look at what they're doing!". He points to the lynched, bodies. 

Sehun didn't know what to think but after seeing the things Dr. Zhang has been keeping secret, he wasn't opposed to the idea.

"Chief, why don't you think it's them? Wouldn't it make the most sense?". Chief looked at Sehun as if he was talking nonsense, "would it, Detective Oh?" he asks. "Are they the only criminals out there?" .

Sehun was taken aback by his tight tone and looked to the ground as if scolded by his father. "I don't know, I just have this feeling that someone else is behind this, someone bigger and sinister" Chief stated. 

"We captured one" Jeonho suddenly spoke up beside Sehun and the taller looks at his partner "We captured one of the OT8".

Both officer Leeteuk and Chiefs eyes bulged out of their head at the news. "Really?" the head exclaims. 

"He did not confess to being part of them" Sehun chimed in but Jeonho waved him off. "I bet that was a lie too, his file was in our box; he has to be one of them".

"Where is he?" Chief asked already walking in the direction of the crowd still looking on. Jeonho followed, "in the car".

The four of them walk in the direction of the street but something catches Sehun's attention. He looks to his left to see more people coming to see what the commotion was about but what caught his attention was the small male wearing tight denim jeans, a black shirt and a leather jacket standing by the brick building, extending his hand to each individual that came over to collect the money they held out to him. Sehun frowned. 

"Hey!" he called earning the attention of some onlookers and ultimately the small male. 

He whipped around in his direction at the shout and Sehun couldn't help thinking how pretty he was. He had nice pale skin, a nice build; black slicked hair and soft features. Sehun saw the tenseness of his shoulder and he knew then that the boy was going to run. The small male turned around and began sprinting off, Sehun took to chasing after him immediately.

"Stop!" he shouted. He saw the male make an abrupt turn into an alley and Sehun chases after only to stop short feeling cold metal at his neck. 

"Don't move or I slice" he heard the soft voice of the smaller. Sehun put his hand up in surrender and spoke, "why were you taking money from those people?" he asked getting straight to the point.

The boy stood beside him and scoffed "I was just giving them a little entry fee".

Sehun looked to his right slightly still pinned to his spot by the males knife. "You were conning them" he said. "Yeah, so what's it to you? Officer" he laced the word with sarcasm removing the knife briefly to tap the badge Sehun wore on his chest. 

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, brain turning as he put two and two together. He thinks back to the one file they had on a conman and Sehun gasped. "OT8, you're part of OT8!" he states tunring to face the male who pressed the cold knife harder into his neck. 

"I said, don't move or I slice and what the is OT8?" the male questioned looking at him menacingly. Sehun's face falls at the realization that this male Was capable of killing him in an instant. 

As if he knew the detective was going to swing, the male blocked the fist quickly but Sehun's other hand came up to grip the one holding the knife and forced it away. The male quickly brought the knife down, cutting Sehun's jacket sleeve and Leaving a shallow cut on his forearm.

"Not bad, officer" the boy said. He pushed away from Sehun before spinning around to stand behind him already swiftly going for the stab but Sehun was quick as he grabbed his hand forcefully wrenching it behind his back and turning him around so he could push him up against the wall.

The male groaned as his face pressed against hard brick. "Wow officer, if you wanted a quick fling then you should've said so" Sehun could feel the smirk of the male even if he couldn't see it. 

Sehun was going to take the knife out of the males hand but he made a mistake by letting his guard down because the boy suddenly kicked his foot back hitting Sehun right in the groin and he instantly let the boy go to coil over in pain. 

Baekhyun was not going to let such a dweeb take him in, he turned around and swung his leg out catching the officer in the back of his legs making him fall to his knees on the concrete. He looked up at Baekhyun; eyes wide as the smaller gripped the knife, turning it over so the of it faced forward and swung It towards the officers neck but just as he was going to hit the males pressure point to knock him unconscious, the knife shot out of Baekhyun's hand and a pain shoots through the limb. 

Baekhyun looks beside him to see another officer, this time one dressed in the traditional outfit. He had very pointed features but handsome nonetheless. "" Baekhyun cursed and turned to run away but the officer grabbed a hold of his arm and forced him to the ground. 

Baekhyun struggled but to no avail. "You're under arrest" the officer stated and Baekhyun felt the cold metal of the handcuffs clipping around his wrist. 

How the hell did he get this unlucky? He was trying to earn some cheap cash. They take Baekhyun back to where the now thining crowd was and pushed him towards a silver van. The officer in the beige coloured jacket opens the back door and Baekhyun's eyes open in surprise. 

"Lay!?" Baekhyun exclaimed. The doctor looked over and gave him a serious stare before a grin appeared on his face. One Baekhyun knew too well. 

"Welcome to the party".