Chapter Eight

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongup sat at the bar, a glass of rum in hand as he stared blankly at the bar surface in front of him. His eyes were bloodshot from all the crying he’s been doing. He didn’t want anyone to know that he’s been crying. He wanted his job back. He wanted Junhong back. He didn’t know how he was supposed to fix this situation. And it was all because he messed up.

People all around the bar were either playing pool, darts or jamming to the live band playing on stage. There were a couple people sitting at the bar as well, having their own drinks or flirting with the bartender. All of them stayed away from Jongup, noticing that he was in a bad mood. He didn’t really look like someone they should mess with; with his broad shoulders, messy blond hair, tattoos on his neck and hands, and a stud in his nose and ears. He usually didn’t wear tank tops when he went out, but today he looked like a biker. Everyone who knew him knew that he was usually soft despite his appearance.

“Jongup?” a voice asked, causing him to look up and find Junhong walking towards him. Jongup stiffened and drowned his drink. “Are you drunk?”

“I’m at a bar, aren’t I?” Jongup asked, his voice soft. “Why are you here, Junhong?”

“To get you back,” Junhong said with a deep sigh. “I talked with Youngjae and we both decided that I should forgive you. And I can see the way Daehyun looks at Youngjae. I understand now nothing’s going to happen between you and him. I understand all of that started between  you two before you and I got together. And I understand that you understand that you cheated on me… But I’m willing to work this out.”

“Junhong,” Jongup said, giving him a sad smile. “I really am sorry about everything. You know I love you. So much.”

“I know,” Junhong said, smiling at him. “I talked to Himchan hyung. He told me everything. Daehyun told me everything. Heck, even Taehyung tried to talk sense into me.”

“Taehyung and Jimin and Jungkook are so busy playing matchmaker,” Jongup said, chuckling. “We need to get Taehyung and Jimin together. Did you know Jungkook called Taehyung Friday night to tell him that Jimin liked him? I’ve never seen Jungkook and Jimin fight, but Jimin was so mad. Just a week ago I didn’t want Jimin to go anywhere near Taehyung. But now I haven’t wanted to see a couple get together as much as this one.”

“Taehyung’s your godson,” Junhong said with a smile. “I understand it.”

“So…” Jongup said with a sigh, looking into Junhong’s eyes. “Are we okay? Cause I really am sorry and--”

“We’re okay, Jongup,” Junhong said, reaching over and hugging him tightly. Jongup smiled and hugged him back, nuzzling the younger boy’s neck. “Please come home. And please go back to work tomorrow. I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too,” Jongup whispered, closing his eyes.

“I was gonna ask you to marry me this weekend,” Junhong admitted. “But after all this… Just give me some time.”

“We most be on the same wavelength,” Jongup said, tears appearing in his eyes again. “I was going to ask you the same thing. But that’s okay, Junhong. Take your time. I’ll be waiting. You’re worth the wait. I love you so so much.”

“I love you too,” Junhong said, pulling out of the hug and looking into his eyes. “I love you more than you can even imagine. And that’s why I decided that I should give you another chance.”

“Thank you,” Jongup said, wiping his sleeve against his face to rid himself of his tears. “Really.”

Junhong smiled and placed his hand on the other’s cheek. They stared into each other’s eyes for a very long time until Junhong leaned over and closed the distance. They kissed each other softly, only thinking about each other. Jongup was so happy that Junhong forgave him. At the moment it felt like it was just the two of them in that bar, and that’s all that mattered to Jongup as he deepened the kiss. He loved Junhong and he hated himself for hurting him. But he knew that everything would be okay. Junhong was forgiving.

 

“Jongup!” Daehyun cried in surprise as the blond walked in, dressed in a red button up and black slacks. “I didn’t know you would be coming back.”

“Junhong told me to,” Jongup said, giving him his bright bunny smile. “He let me come home.”

“So you’re back together?” Daehyun asked, a smile appearing on his face as he brushed his hair back. Jongup noticed that he dyed it so that it was a dark shade of black and shaved the sides.

“Yeah, we are,” Jongup said, his smile never faltering. “I see you got a new hairdo.”

“Ah, yeah,” Daehyun said, blushing. “Youngjae agreed to go on a date with me. I’m taking him out this Friday.”

“So you’re dating?!” Jongup asked with wide eyes.

“Yes and no,” Daehyun said, biting his lip. “We’re just friends that agreed to go on dates while we get to know each other more.”

“That’s progress,” Jongup said, pride overwhelming him. He’s been wanting Youngjae to find someone to make him happy. He was honestly happy that Daehyun appeared in his friend’s life once again.

“Ah, finally,” Daehyun said when the office phone suddenly started to ring. He pressed a button on the phone that put it on speaker. “This is Jung Daehyun. How may I help you?”

“Mr. Jung?” a man asked from the other line. “Hi, this is the mechanic. Your cars are ready for pickup. I’m sorry for the day’s delay. There was an emergency where we had to close early.”

“It’s okay,” Daehyun assured the other man. “I’ll head out to pick them up right now. Thank you so much.”

“It’s my pleasure, sir,” the man said before ending the call. Daehyun stood up, glancing at Jongup.

“Do you want to come pick up a couple cars with me?” Daehyun asked him. “I can ask the secretary to drop us off at the mechanics. But I’ll need help getting them home.”

“Sure, I’ll come with you,” Jongup agreed, looking around. “Let me place my bag in my office. And then I’ll be ready.”

“Alright,” Daehyun agreed. Jongup nodded and walked out of Daehyun’s office, heading on over to his own. As he was setting his bag down, he heard the main door that led into their offices open. He frowned and walked out, seeing Junhong and Youngjae walk in. Both were dressed in suits and Youngjae was carrying a notepad. He had a pair of pink rimmed glasses on as well, with his hair slicked back. Daehyun frowned as he came out of his office. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Just finishing some last details on our investigation on Hong Chansoo as our team locates his whereabouts,” Youngjae replied, looking Daehyun in the eye. “Are the two of you available for questioning?”

“I don’t even know the kid,” Jongup said with a frown, looking at his best friend. “What answers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter