Prologue

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People all around and were talking and laughing as they left their workstations. It was time for them to go home. They didn't take notice of the man still on the phone, who had his head down on the desk as his customer continued to rant about her issue. He didn't even have the chance to say anything to her and it's been thirty minutes since the call started. Everytime he would make a sound she would freak out and tell him to let her finish before starting the rant all over again. He was silent for a good ten minutes when his friend suddenly yelled in his ear. And his headset wasn't muted.

"Youngjae! We're heading out to the hangout spot," his tall friend with glasses and a dorky smile said, grinning at him. "Are you coming?"

Youngjae glared at him as the customer than started complaining about the noise. Youngjae muted his mic and sighed deeply, knowing he would be here for at least another fifteen minutes. He glanced at his friend, hating him at that moment. He really didn't want to hear this lady speak anymore. And he just wanted to go home.

"Junhong, can't you tell I'm still on the phone?" Youngjae asked, gesturing towards his computer. "Please do not yell into my ear while I'm talking to my customers. Now I have to listen to this lady rant for another ten minutes. I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it today. This call is going to take far too long."

"We can wait for you," Junhong said, looking over at their other friend, Jongup. "Right hyung?"

"I won't leave you behind," Jongup said, shrugging his shoulders. Youngjae sighed and turned his attention back to the computer.

"ARE YOU LISTENING?!" the woman screeched, causing Youngjae to flinch. "HELLO?!"

"I'm here, ma'am," Youngjae said calmly after unmuting the phone. “Please ma’am, if you would let me interject, I can help you. I understand-”

“I’M NOT DONE TALKING!” The woman shouted, causing Youngjae to sigh once again.

“Ma’am you don’t have to explain the situation again,” Youngjae told her. “Please, I just want to help. But if you don’t let me talk I can’t do anything. I still need to pull up your account and then we can fully  get this situated for you.”

“You are so rude!” The woman cried out, causing Youngjae to close his eyes in irritation. “Give me to your manager!”

“Ma’am, our office is closed now,” Youngjae told her. “There is no manager available at the moment. I can help you if you would let me...”

The phone went dead, causing Youngjae to let out a deep sigh. He left the required notes before logging out and shutting down his computer. He started packing everything up just as his TL walked over to him and his friends with someone walking behind him in a suit. The man in the black suit had blondish-brown hair that was slicked back. He looked to be the same height and age as Youngjae.

"Youngjae," his TL said, causing Youngjae to frown and look into his eyes. "We were listening to your call just now."

"You were listening to all of that?" Youngjae asked, biting his lip and glancing back at his friends.

"Yes, we were," his TL said, nodding his head. "Look, Youngjae..."

"You were being extremely rude on that call," the man interrupted, causing Youngjae to frown. "You could hear how annoyed you were while you were talking."

"That's not the case, Mr. Jung," the TL said with a deep sigh. "Look, Youngjae, we'll talk this over tomorrow when you come in. You-"

"His behavior can't just be looked over like that," the man said with a deep frown.

"Excuse me sir, but who are you?" Junhong asked, stepping in. "Why are you so against my friend here?"

"Junhong, that's the Vice President, Jung Daehyun," Jongup told him. Jongup has been working there for about two years, while the other two were only hired on two months ago. So the two of them still had a lot to learn. Jongup got them into the company, having known the both of them since they went to daycare together while they were small children.

Youngjae stared at the man, feeling very scared. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to react. If this man was his boss and he just did the call wrong, then he was definitely in trouble. Youngjae looked away from the strong gaze Daehyun was giving him, continuing to pack up his station. He heard his TL sigh deeply.

"Look sir," his TL said with resignation. "Please, Youngjae is one of our newest agents and one of our best. Let me talk to him-"

"I'd like to talk to him on my own," Daehyun interrupted at him, his gaze hardening as he stared at Youngjae. "Now."

"Sir, I just clocked out," Youngjae said, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Daehyun," his TL said with more of a warning. "Be more sensible, please. Talk to him in the morning."

"Himchan," Daehyun said, turning on the TL. "Here I'm your boss. You-"

Himchan frowned deeply at him, causing Daehyun to sigh and turn away. The group watched as he walked away before Himchan the three. He made eye contact with Youngjae, a small smile appearing on his lips. He reached over and placed a hand on Youngjae's shoulder. He has always cared about his team members. Especially Youngjae. Considering Youngjae was his cousin, he had to.

"Do you know him, hyung?" Jongup asked Himchan as they finally started to walk out of the building, Youngjae slowly walking behind everyone else. "I mean, outside of work."

"He used to hang out with me and Yongguk back in university. He was Yongguk's shadow when Yongguk was in his final year," Himchan replied. "So we're pretty close I guess you could say."

Jongup nodded his head and they all walked out of the building. As they made it to the parking lot, they spotting Yongguk's car. Himchan smiled and waved at them before getting into the car with Yongguk. Once they drove away, Junhong and Jongup turned to look at Youngjae. Youngjae was silently staring at the sidewalk, still feeling extremely scared. He didn't like the way Daehyun was staring at him. He knew he messed up that phone call. Though he knew he couldn't do anything else about that call.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jongup asked, causing Youngjae to shake his head.

"I'm going to get fired," Youngjae said with a deep sigh.

"You did nothing wrong," Junhong said with a frown. "Why do you think you're going to get fired?"

"You saw how angry he was," Youngjae replied, before turning to walk towards his own car. "I'm not in the mood to go out tonight. I'm going home."

"Hyung," Jongup said, grabbing onto his arm. "Stop. You're not going to get fired. You did nothing wrong. You were right at the end. That's what we've always been told to do."

"Well obviously I did something wrong," Youngjae said, reaching his car. Without saying anything else to them, he got into his car and slammed the door. Before he could start his car, however, the passenger door and the back door opened, and the both of them got into his car. Youngjae looked at both of them with a glare. "What are you doing?"

"Coming with you," Jongup stated. "Look, hyung, you obviously are angry and we need to spend time with you. We want to calm you down and prove to you that it's okay."

"Nothing is okay about this," Youngjae said, tears appearing in his eyes.

"Yoo Youngjae," Jongup said, his voice extremely stern. Youngjae looked up at him in defeat. "You are not going to get fired. You heard Himchan. You're one of our best agents. Even the VP isn't stupid enough to let go one of his best agents.  It's really going to be okay, Youngjae."

Youngjae nodded his head, staring out the window now. He knew he was sensitive when it came t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter