Chapter Nine

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun sighed when he saw Youngjae walking down the street with a bunch of groceries in his hands. As confused as he may be, he was more worried. Who knew where the car Youngjae was driving could have gone and where all those groceries came frown. There was no way Youngjae made it to the store to get those groceries without Daehyun noticing. Daehyun wasn’t too far behind him anyway. But what worried him was the look on Youngjae’s face. He seemed conflicted. Like he was about to cry.

Daehyun pulled to the side, a little ahead of Youngjae, and parked the car. He then got out of the car and shut his door, glancing over at the younger man. Youngjae was walking with his head down, so he didn’t notice Daehyun yet. Daehyun sighed and ran up to him, grabbing the bags out of his hands. The other man looked up in alarm, making eye contact with Daehyun.

“Daehyun,” Youngjae said with a deep sigh. “Hi.”

“What happened?” Daehyun asked, glancing around. “Where’s the car?”

“Taehyung and Jimin took it,” Youngjae said, biting his lip and looking away from Daehyun.

“And Taehyung didn’t take you home?” the other asked with a frown.

“We had a fight,” Youngjae said with a deep sigh. “And it was my fault.”

“What did you fight about?” the older man asked curiously, wrapping his arm supportively around Youngjae’s shoulders.

“I… I’m running an investigation on Jimin… because I don’t really trust him… And he had some information about me and about my case that he shouldn’t have known…” Youngjae told him. “And after everything he’s done to Taehyung in the past… I just don’t trust him… And Taehyung found out and he’s… He’s angry with me.”

“Youngjae,” the older man said with a deep sigh, leading the other over to his car and opening the passenger seat. He had the younger sit down before looking him in the eyes. “Listen to me, okay? I’ve known Park Jimin his whole entire life. He’s been inseparable from my son. And I can assure you that Park Jimin is not a bad guy. You don’t need to investigate him.”

“Does Park Jimin have an older brother?” Youngjae suddenly asked, catching Daehyun off guard.

“No,” Daehyun said in confusion. “He’s an only child.”

“What about a father?” the younger asked, causing Daehyun to shake his head.

“It’s just him and his mother,” Daehyun told him. “No one knows what happened to his father.”

“And that’s why I need to investigate him,” Youngjae said with finality in his voice. Daehyun sighed and nodded his head.

“Well then investigate him,” Daehyun said. He glanced around before nodding towards Youngjae’s house. “I’ll take you home.”

Daehyun then closed Youngjae’s door before making his way back over to the driver’s seat. He had a feeling that Youngjae didn’t want to go back to work after what happened. And Daehyun wanted to do everything in his power to let the younger know he was on his side. But he also had to make sure Youngjae’s kids didn’t hate him. Because if he wanted this relationship to happen, then two things went into play here. Youngjae and Youngjae’s boys. Of course there were also Daehyun’s kids, but Daehyun knew his kids had no issues with Youngjae. Unless Jungkook found out Youngjae was investigating Jimin. That could be an issue.

Daehyun got into his car, starting it back up. He bit his lip, knowing he had to say something to Youngjae. He really didn’t want to overstep. He didn’t want to ruin any chances he might have with the man he’s loved for years. He didn’t want to burn the bridge they were building.

“Youngjae,” Daehyun said when they finally made it to Youngjae’s house. The both of them were getting out of the car, Youngjae refusing to speak. “If you want to investigate Jimin and if you don’t trust him, then please continue. However, if you don’t want Taehyung to hate you then I think you should stand by him. If he wants to pursue anything at all with Jimin, then he needs your support, not your judgement.”

“Are you trying to tell me how to parent?!” Youngjae asked, suddenly angry, causing Daehyun’s to widen.

“No, I’m not,” Daehyun said just as Jongup was walking up towards them. “I’m definitely not.”

“If you’re trying to stand up for Park Jimin, I swear to god!” Youngjae cried out, but the older man stood his ground.

“Of course I’m standing up for him,” Daehyun told him. “But I’m also standing up for Taehyung. Because he is 18. He can choose who he wants for his friends. I’m just saying you should let Taehyung befriend Jimin. Jimin isn’t going to hurt him.”

“Jimin already hurt him!” Youngjae shouted, his face flushed with anger.

“What’s going on here?” Jongup asked, looking back and forth between the two of them.

“He’s trying to tell me how to parent my kid,” Youngjae hissed.

“Youngjae, I’m not,” Daehyun said with a sigh, turning to looking at Jongup. “I told him to support Taehyung while he’s trying to pursue whatever he’s pursuing with Jimin. Youngjae, please. I know Jimin is a good kid. You don’t have to worry about him being friends with Taehyung.”

“Fine, I don’t have to worry about them being friends,” Youngjae said, “but I have to worry about him seducing my son. We all know Jimin likes my son.”

“And he wouldn’t hurt him,” Daehyun said. Before Youngjae could retort, because Daehyun knew what he was going to say, Daehyun continued. “And Jimin wasn’t the one that hurt him. It was someone else. Yes it was a friend of Jimin and Jungkook’s, but they didn’t want that to happen. So please just lighten up on Jimin while you’re not working. For Taehyung’s sake.”

“This isn’t your place, Jung Daehyun,” Youngjae growled, turning and walking towards his front door.

“Maybe it isn’t,” Daehyun replied with a sigh, following him. “But I hate how upset you are because of that fight you had with Taehyung. And no parent wants their kid hanging out with someone they hate. I have two kids myself and I’d hate to see the both of them get hurt. But Youngjae, I don’t want you getting hurt because you don’t agree with who Taehyung hangs out with. We both know Taehyung is independent, so he’s going to do what he wants. All I’m saying is to give Jimin a chance. Besides, he saved Jaehyun’s life. That should count for something, right?”

Youngjae closed his eyes and slowly nodded his head. After a couple moments, tears started falling down his cheeks, completely shocking Daehyun. Daehyun glanced over at Jongup who gave him a small smile and nodded his head. The youngest pointed at his own house to let Daehyun know that he was gonna go home for the time being. Daehyun nodded his head an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter