Chapter Seven

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jungkook,” Daehyun said with a smile as his son walked into the house. Jungkook gave him a small nod before making a beeline to his room. This confused Daehyun, since the boy usually talked to him. “Hey, are you okay? How was talking to Jimin? Is he still mad at you?”

“No,” Jungkook said, going into his room, about to close his door. Daehyun stopped him and pushed the door open.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Daehyun asked, concern written all over his face. “What’s going on?”

“We were just questioned by some private investigators,” Jungkook said, walking over to his bed and laying down.

“What, why?!” Daehyun asked, joining him on the bed. “What did they want?”

“Jimin tipped them off with some information about Hong Chansoo,” Jungkook told him. “He tipped Youngjae off, actually. And so Youngjae and Junhong came and--”

“Youngjae and Junhong are private investigators?” Daehyun asked in surprise, causing Jungkook to nod his head. “I… Would have never guessed.”

“I mean they are secret cops, so no one really knows their identity,” Jungkook said, shrugging his shoulders. “But it turns out Hong Chansoo… Is the older brother of one of Jaehyun’s closest friends. And Chansoo… almost Jaehyun. And that’s… that’s why Chansoo threatened Jaehyun’s life.”

“What?!” Daehyun asked in surprise. “How’d you find this out?!”

“Kim Taehyung,” Jungkook said with a deep sigh. “He happened like a year ago or something. He didn’t know Hong Chansoo was Joochan’s brother so he never mentioned it. Until Jimin said that Joochan gave him the information about his brother.”

“So Taehyung knew his brother was almost and didn’t tell anyone?” Daehyun asked, causing Jungkook to nod his head. “Why?”

“Because Jaehyun asked him not to,” his son told him. “Youngjae is pretty beaten up right now--”

“Excuse me,” Daehyun said, jumping up and rushing out of the room.

“Dad where are you going?” Jungkook asked in alarm, watching his father run off and quickly following him. Daehyun slipped on his shoes and grabbed his keys and wallet, heading towards the front door. “Dad?”

“Stay here, Jungkook,” Daehyun said before walking out of the house and closing the door.

He walked through his large yard and towards the car that was parked at the front. He then jumped into his car and started the car, just praying Youngjae was okay. He knew what it was like to be this beaten up when finding out this kind of news about your own kid. Jaehyun and Taehyung were Youngjae’s life. To find out his son was almost , well Daehyun couldn’t imagine what Youngjae was feeling. And he knew Youngjae hated him, but he had to check on him. To make sure he was okay.

So with that in mind, he sped out of his driveway, quickly opening his gate so he could get out. He didn’t care about speeding laws as he made his way towards Youngjae’s house. He didn’t need an address to know where the other lived. He knew Jongup’s address, and Jongup did inform him that Youngjae lived next door to him. And by now Daehyun knew what Youngjae’s car looked like. So he was sure that he could find the house.

But the traffic wasn’t helping. The roads were backed up and it was raining pretty badly. And soon it got to the point where Daehyun was stuck and couldn’t move because traffic was stopped. He groaned loudly, honking his horn before falling back in his seat. He could hear other people honking, seemingly annoyed at the traffic blockage. Daehyun stared out the window until his phone started ringing. He sighed and connected it to his car bluetooth before answering.

“Hello?” he asked, a hint of agitation in his voice.

“Daehyun, what are you doing?” the voice of Jongup asked through his car speaker.

“I’m going to check on Youngjae,” Daehyun said, honking his car horn a few times.

“Daehyun, you know you shouldn’t--”

“I do need to do this, Jongup,” Daehyun said with a deep sigh. “If I want him to like me back, I need to let him know that I’m here for him in every situation.”

“You’re not supposed to know the details of his case,” Jongup told him. “If anyone finds out Jungkook told you because you’re going to Youngjae, then your son could get in trouble. You’re not supposed to know Youngjae’s a private investigator. He’s ‘private’ for a reason.”

“I’ll make sure Jungkook doesn’t get in trouble,” Daehyun said. “But right now Youngjae needs a friend!”

“He has Junhong, and I can go to him as well,” Jongup said with a sigh. “Daehyun-”

“You don’t have a kid! So you don’t understand!” Daehyun exploded. “When you find out your son was almost ! You wouldn’t get it!

“I DO get it, Daehyun!” Jongup shouted back. “Those boys are my god children! I KNOW what Youngjae’s going through. I’m scared to death for Jaehyun!”

“I’m sorry Jongup, but I’m going to him,” Daehyun said, ending the call and reaching over to his phone to shut it off. And soon after the traffic started moving again. Daehyun sighed in relief and released the brake so he could start moving again.

Once he made it to Youngjae’s house, finding it extremely easily, Daehyun jumped out of his car and slammed the door. He then rushed through the rain up to the front door. He looked around before ringing the doorbell. When nobody answered, he rung it a few more times. He impatiently tapped his foot, waiting for someone to answer. Soon the door cracked open to reveal a shocked Taehyung in the doorway.

“Daehyun?” he asked in confusion and stepping aside. “What are you doing here?”

“To see Youngjae,” Daehyun told him. “Is he okay? Where is he?”

“In the livingroom with Junhong,” Taehyung said, frowning. Daehyun nodded his head and pushed past, walking into the livingroom. He found Youngjae on the couch with his friend having a small conversation. Youngjae looked upset, but not broken. This relieved Daehyun just a little.

“Hi,” Daehyun said, causing them both to look up in surprise.

“Daehyun?” Youngjae asked in confusion. “What are you doing here?”

“Making sure you’re okay,” Daehyun said, walking towards him. He knew he was making a bigger deal out of the situation then he should have. But anything like this worried him when it came to Youngjae. He hated seeing him hurt. “I heard about the whole thing with Jaehyun.”

“I mean I’m scared for him, of course,” Youngjae said with a frown. “But I’m okay. Just worried. But why are you here?”

“Because I’m worried too,” Daehyun said. Youngjae gave him a small smile and patted the seat next to him on the couch.

“I appreciate it,” Youngjae told him. “Come sit down.”

“Thanks,” Daehyun said, joining him on the couch. He stared at Youngjae for a very long time, causing Junhong to sigh and stand up.

“You know, you both have some catching up to do,” Junhong said with a stretch. “I’m gonna go home and make sure Sanha and Jaehyun and their friends are doing okay. I’ll send Jaehyun home later to talk to you.”

“Right,” Youngjae said, staring into Daehyun’s eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter