Chapter Eleven

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung heard a ruckus from the guys in the building. He stiffened and tried to move further away, but didn’t get far when the door burst open. A group of five burly guys, all who were eying Taehyung when he was inside, came out of the building with large cups of alcohol. Taehyung flinched and tried to hide behind a tree. He’s never felt so scared in his life. Yet hiding didn’t seem to do anything. Because one of the guys spotted him.

“Oh look,” one of the men said, slurring over his words. “It’s Chansoo’s slave.”

“What are you doing here, kid?” another man asked, his white shirt blotched with weird stains and torn. “Are you spying on us?”

“No, I’m not,” Taehyung said, backing up and holding his hands up in surrender.

“You should have been gone half an hour ago,” a balding man said. “Why are you here if you’re not spying on us.”

“I lost my phone,” Taehyung admitted. “I probably left it in the car that dropped me off two blocks away. They’re long gone now. I just need to figure out how to get home.”

“And that’s our problem why?” the balding man asked, stepping towards Taehyung. Taehyung kept backing up until his back hit the building. All five men surrounded him, trapping him. “Check his pockets.”

“Please don’t,” Taehyung whimpered as two men started searching through his clothes. To say the least, he felt molested. He watched as one guy pulled out his wallet, opening it up and digging through it. The man took out his debit and credit card, as well as all the cash in the wallet, before throwing it back at Taehyung.

“No phone or recording device,” the man who took his money told the balding man.

“And you didn’t tell anyone you were here?” the man asked, causing Taehyung to shake his head. The men exchanged glances before one gave this evil grin and shoved Taehyung harshly, causing Taehyung to hit his head against the wall. “What are you going to do now, boy?”

“Please,” Taehyung whispered, not sure of what else to do. His head was now killing him, and his heart was beating a hundred miles per minute. He was beyond scared now.

One guy reached out and grabbed his wrist, tightening his grip around his wrist. Taehyung yelped as he twisted his wrist. Another man kicked him in the balls, but Taehyung couldn’t reel over in pain because they were holding him up straight. He wanted to cry. And Kim Taehyung wasn’t one for crying.

Before they could do anything else, however, sirens were heard. The five men stopped and stared at each other in shock. The rest of the men from the building also came running out just as about 6 cop cars and Taehyung’s car appeared, stopping in front of them. The men all let go of Taehyung as about twelve cops got out of their cars, one of them being Junhong. Taehyung wanted to breath out in relief, but he was still scared something was going to happen. And of course he was right in thinking that, because the balding man suddenly grabbed onto Taehyung, grabbing a gun out of his grimy pocket and pointing it at Taehyung’s head.

“,” Taehyung heard a curse, causing him to turn and see Daehyun getting out of Taehyung’s little red car. The man was holding onto Taehyung’s mouth so he couldn’t talk, his arm tightly around him.

“If you guys try anything, this boy is dead,” the balding man said, causing tears to appear in his eyes as he held eye contact with Jung Daehyun.

“Let the boy go,” Junhong said, his gun aimed at the guy holding onto his best friend’s son. “You’re making this worse for yourself.”

“Get back in the car,” Taehyung heard one cop said to Daehyun. “Get in one of the cop cars. They’re gun proof.”

“But Taehyung-”

“Daehyun, please,” Junhong said, his eyes not leaving his target. Tears were already running down Taehyung’s cheeks. He didn’t know what to do. He only watched as Daehyun got into a car, slowly slipping out of site. “Now, let the boy go.”

Taehyung had to think quick. He was terrified, but he had to get out of this man’s grip without getting shot. He glanced around at all the cops who were aiming guns at the seven men standing in front of them. Without another thought, he stomped hard on the man’s foot, causing the man to yelp as Taehyung ducked. The man ended up shooting his gun, the bullet hitting Taehyung’s leg, however Taehyung was out of his grip. The man then dropped his gun as Taehyung, despite injured, jammed his knee into the man’s balls. Junhong immediately ran over to Taehyung, pulling him away as guns were drawn. Junhong pulled Taehyung to the car Daehyun was in, opening it up.

“Daehyun, the keys are in the ignition. Get Taehyung away from here,” Junhong said, causing Daehyun to nod and crawl into the driver’s seat. Junhong nodded his head and opened the back door, helping Taehyung into the car and propping the boy’s injured leg up. A bullet buzzed the top of the roof, causing Junhong to duck and look at both of them. “Get Taehyung to the hospital. Explain everything to Youngjae. Just… Don’t let Youngjae out of your sight, Daehyun. This is going to become very personal and Youngjae could lose his job. Keep both Taehyung and Jaehyun safe.”

“Okay,” Daehyun agreed, causing Junhong to nod and close the door. He backed away and turned back towards the mess. Taehyung finally let out a sound of pain, grabbing onto his leg. Daehyun glanced back at him through the glass separating the front and back as he the siren. “Hey, it’s going to be okay. We’re going to get you to safety.”

“Where’s Jimin?” Taehyung whispered, not sure if he should be angry with Jimin or not. Considering Jimin went to Daehyun, he felt like Jimin did the right thing. But at the same time, he left him alone with those thugs and he ended up getting hurt.

“At the hospital,” Daehyun told him. “Jungkook was admitted. And that’s why Jimin left. He didn’t mean to leave you like that. All thoughts left his mind when he got the call that Jungkook was in the hospital.”

“I… Can understand that,” Taehyung said through clenched teeth as pain shot up his leg. He knew how close Jimin and Jungkook were. If Jungkook was in the hospital, then of course he couldn’t blame Jimin for leaving. Jungkook was practically a brother for Jimin. If something happened to Jaehyun, Taehyung would do the same thing. “What happened to Jungkook? Why… Why are you saving me when your son is in the hospital?”

“Taehyung,” Daehyun said with a sigh, “Jungkook just hit his head and took some punches. He’ll be okay. At the moment, your situation is a little more urgent. I couldn’t let your father go out to save you, because he’s over protective. He could’ve gotten hurt or he could have really messed up those men.”

“You’re right,” Taehyung said as Daehyun sped down the streets, the car’s lights flashing and causing traffic to move out of their way. “He loves his job to much. He would hate himself for messing it up.”

“Exactly,” Daehyun said, going quiet. Taehyung went quiet as well. They stayed that way until they made it to the hospital ten minutes later. Daehyun ended up parking next to Youngjae’s car before getting out and helping Taehyung out. Jongup was also getting out of Youngjae’s car next to them.

“Oh my god!” Jongup cried out, helping Daehyun hold Taehyung up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter