Chapter Ten

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun was in the hospital waiting room, waiting for news about his son. He got a call from Sangyeon explaining what happened, and Daehyun’s never felt more worried in his life. He was glad that Youngjae actually came with him to keep him calm. He was even more relieved when the doctor told him that Jungkook was just unconscious and that he should be waking up any time. They were just running tests to make sure nothing was wrong. The doctors informed him that there was a possible brain injury, which worried Daehyun even more. But he couldn’t go crazy about this situation. He had to stay calm.

However, all forms of calm left Daehyun’s body when he saw Jimin coming in without Taehyung. He frowned deeply and glanced over at Youngjae, who also noticed. More worry flooded through Daehyun’s veins as he jumped up. He now had a soft spot for Youngjae’s kids. And he knew for a fact Taehyung went somewhere with Jimin. Yet here Jimin was, running in here without Taehyung. And Daehyun knew Taehyung cared about Jungkook, so he was confused as to why the boy wasn’t here too.

“Where the hell is my son?!” Youngjae cried out, causing everyone to look up. Jimin stared at him, in some sort of trance. Daehyun understood why, too. Jimin and Jungkook have been inseparable for years.

“What?” Jimin asked, finally coming to.

“Don’t play dumb, Park Jimin,” Youngjae hissed. “Where the hell is my son? Where is Taehyung.”

“Youngjae, calm down,” Daehyun said, softly, placing his hand on the younger man’s shoulder.

“!” Jimin cried out, his eyes widening as he dug out his phone. “, I didn’t want for him.”

“Where is he?!” Youngjae cried out again.

“Youngjae, calm down,” Daehyun said with a sigh as Jimin rushed out of the room. Youngjae jumped up, but Daehyun just sighed and pushed him down. “Stay here. I’ll go talk to him. We don’t need you killing him or anything.”

“I’ll stick with him,” Sangyeon said, walking over to them. “Go find out what happened, Dad.”

“Thanks son,” Daehyun said before rushing out of the room after Jimin.

He didn’t make it to Jimin until the boy was inside Taehyung’s car that was parked outside. Daehyun sighed and got into the passenger’s seat, closing the door. He glanced over at Jimin, who was cursing as he tried to dial a number. Daehyun heard a ringing in the car, causing him to glance around until he found a phone in the cup older. He picked it up and then glanced over at Jimin. He was so panicked that he didn’t notice the phone he was trying to call was ringing.

“Why isn’t he answering?!” Jimin cried, throwing his phone to the ground in frustration.

“Calm down,” Daehyun said, softly. He showed the boy Taehyung’s phone. “His phone is right here.”

“,” Jimin said again, his voice laced with fear. This confused Daehyun even more.

“Jimin,” Daehyun said, looking into his eyes. “Where is Taehyung?”

“I… I can’t say,” Jimin whispered. “If I say anything, they’re going to send someone to Jaehyun. Taehyung’s trying his hardest to prevent that. And if I tell you, you’re going to tell Youngjae and Youngjae is--”

“I’m not going to tell anyone,” Daehyun assured him. “Please tell me where he is. And who is it that’s after Jaehyun?”

“...Chansoo,” Jimin said with a huge gulp. “He… he cornered Taehyung in an alleyway today and he… He threatened him. He said if Taehyung didn’t deliver a bag of drugs for him then he was going to kill Joochan. And he said if he told anyone at all, then he’s going to Jaehyun. I was hiding and I heard it all.”

“So you and Taehyung went to deliver these drugs?” Daehyun asked, causing the boy to slowly nod his head. Daehyun could tell just how scared he was. And he knew for a fact Youngjae had no reason to investigate Jimin. Daehyun sighed and bit his lip. “And where is Taehyung?”

“I… I left him at the place where those guys that we delivered the drugs to are,” Jimin whispered. “I… Sangyeon called me about Jungkook and I panicked. I wasn’t thinking. I just had to get here as soon as possible.”

“You left him with a bunch of thugs?!” Daehyun asked in surprise, causing Jimin to nod his head again. Tears were now running down Jimin’s cheeks.

“He probably hates me now. Actually, I KNOW he hates me now,” Jimin said, turning his face away from Daehyun. “I don’t know how I’m going to face him. I shouldn’t have left him. I’m such an idiot.”

“Jimin,” Daehyun said sternly, placing his hands on the boy’s shoulders and forcing him to look into his eyes. “Hey. It will be okay. You’re not an idiot.”

“I am,” Jimin whispered. “What if he gets hurt? What if someone does something to him? I left him with a bunch of thugs. What if they hurt him? Or kill him?”

“I’ll go get him,” Daehyun assured him, panic raising in his own heart. “Stay here, okay? Go inside and sit with Hoseok and your friends. Keep me updated on my son, okay?”

“But--”

“It will be okay, Jimin,” Daehyun said with a smile. “Can you stay here and stay calm for me?”

“Y-yes,” Jimin mumbled, nodding his head a few times. Daehyun nodded his head as well and looked up, noticing that Hoseok had followed as well. He was just leaning against the hood of the car. Luckily he didn’t hear anything.

“Look, Hoseok’s waiting out here for you,” Daehyun said, nodding towards the older boy. “Go with him.”

Daehyun got out of the car, placing Taehyung’s phone in his pocket and nodding at Hoseok before walking towards the driver’s seat. He opened the door and helped Jimin out. Jimin shakily handed Daehyun the keys and a piece of paper with an address on it. Daehyun instantly understood that this was the address where Taehyung was at. He gave Jimin a soft nod of understanding before getting into the car.

“Hoseok, please let Youngjae know I’m going to get his son,” Daehyun said, looking at the boy who was now holding onto Jimin. “And… Don’t let him kill Jimin.”

“Yes sir,” Hoseok replied before leading Jimin away.

Daehyun sighed and closed the door to the car. He then slipped the key in, starting the car up. Before he drove away, he noticed Jimin’s phone that he threw to the floor. Daehyun reached over and picked up the phone, jumping out of the car again. He didn’t need two people without a phone at the moment.

“Jimin!” Daehyun called out, causing the boy to look at him. “Your phone.”

“Oh,” Jimin said, sighing and making his way over to Daehyun. He grabbed the phone with a quiet ‘thank you’ leaving his lips. Daehyun nodded at him before getting into the car again.

And before he knew it, he was out of the parking lot and driving down the highway. He wanted to get there a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter