Chapter Two

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N since it's my 6 year anniversary here on AFF, I figured I should get an update out for you guys :) I do hope you like this chapter. Thanks for the support you all are giving me!

“Dad? Are you okay?” Daehyun heard his son ask, causing him to look up as Jungkook walked over to him. Daehyun gave him a small smile and nodded his head before placing Taehyung’s key into his pocket. Seconds later, Sangyeon pulled up, jumping out of his car and running over to them.

“Hey, I made it as soon as I could,” Sangyeon said, looking back and forth between his father and his brother. “Are you okay?”

“Just a little sore,” Daehyun said. But he wasn’t really okay. The two didn’t understand what was really going on with him.

“Where’s the person you crashed?” Sangyeon asked, looking around. Everyone but the cop had left.

“He went home with his father,” Daehyun dismissed. Turning away just as the tow truck pulled up. Daehyun made his way over to the driver as he got out of the car, another truck coming in behind him.

“Hi, you’re Daehyun?” the driver asked, causing Daehyun to nod his head.

“Yeah, I am,” Daehyun told him. “These are the keys to mine and Taehyung’s cars. The red keychain belongs to Taehyung’s car, the blue Honda.”

“Do you have everything out of your car you need?” the driver asked him, causing Daehyun to nod his head. His wallet was in his pocket and he didn’t have anything in the car with him, since he only went to the bank.

“Here’s my insurance card. It’s to be used on both the cars,” Daehyun said, pulling a card out of his wallet. “My contact information is on the card.”

“Thank you,” the man said before walking away. Daehyun watched as the drivers hooked up the two cars to their trucks and stayed there until they were gone. He then turned to the cop, who bowed to him and got into his own car, driving away. Daehyun then sighed deeply and turned to his kids.

“Are you okay, Dad?” Sangyeon asked him. Daehyun shook his head and made his way to Sangyeon’s car. Jungkook reluctantly said bye to his friends before he and Sangyeon ran after him. Daehyun didn’t say anything to them, getting into the passenger’s seat and slamming the door closed.

“Hey, what’s up?” Jungkook asked, getting into the back seat as Sangyeon got into the driver’s seat. “Dad, what was that back there? Who was that?”

“It doesn’t matter,” Daehyun mumbled, looking out the window. “He hates me.”

“It does matter,” Jungkook said with a sigh. “Dad, who was he? He obviously meant something to you. I’ve never seen you like this.”

“He was my first love,” Daehyun whispered, closing his eyes and leaning his head against his window. It hurt that Youngjae didn’t want to talk to him. It hurt him twenty years ago when Youngjae never went back to work. It hurt him twenty five years ago when he had to leave Youngjae at graduation.

“Whoever you guys are talking about,” Sangyeon said, starting the car and looking at him, “you’re still in love with him. Aren’t you?”

“Yes,” Daehyun said without hesitation. “I have been since the day I saw him. The first day of school. Sophomore year of highschool.”

“What happened?” Sangyeon asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

“I was in love with him,” Daehyun replied. “And he was in love with me. He had it bad, too. He followed me everywhere. It was obvious he liked me. And on the day of my graduation… He was a year under me… He came up to me and confessed his love for me. But I was about to leave for the US for the summer to get training for the company. And I thought I was going to be there for a while. And I didn’t want him to hold onto me. Because I didn’t want him getting hurt. So I rejected him. I was unintentionally harsh to him. And I ended up doing the one thing I didn’t want to. I hurt him.”

“That’s why you never had an actual relationship, huh?” Sangyeon asked, causing Daehyun to nod his head. “That’s why you had flings with our mothers. I always wondered why you never dated my mother. But then again she did leave… Leaving me with you. And Jungkook’s mother went to jail, automatically giving you all rights to him. But you never stuck to anyone.”

“I couldn’t,” Daehyun replied. “I didn’t hold any feelings towards anyone. Not like I did with Youngjae.”

“You have that blind date tonight,” Jungkook interrupted, causing Daehyun to sigh deeply and nod his head. “Are you still going to go on it?”

“It’s at our house, so I kinda have to be there,” Daehyun said, shrugging his shoulders. “I’m not going to cancel it. Because my mother finally accepting the fact that I like guys and she finally got me a date with a guy. I’ve been refusing her blind dates every time until now. I have to or she’ll kill me. You know my mother.”

“So he’s coming for dinner at our place?” Sangyeon asked, causing Daehyun to nod his head. “Just him?”

“Mom said he was bringing his kids too,” Daehyun replied. “There will be six of us tonight.”

“Did she give you a name?” his son asked, causing Daehyun to shake his head. “Alright. Well this will be an adventure then. Are you going to be okay?”

“I’ll deal with it,” Daehyun told him. He sighed and stared out the window as they drove. “Tell me about Youngjae’s kids.”

“Who are Youngjae’s kids?” Sangyeon asked in confusion, glancing back at Jungkook.

“Taehyung and Jaehyun,” Jungkook told him, causing the older boy’s eyes to widen. “Taehyung was the one involved in the car accident with dad.”

“What?! Really?!” Sangyeon cried in surprise before glancing at his father. “Well, Taehyung is pretty much the class clown of the school. He’s a really nice guy though. He looks after the younger classmen as if it were his mission. He plays video games and soccer. He and Jimin also hate each other.”

“Actually,” Jungkook said, leaning up against Daehyun’s seat just as Sangyeon started pulling into their driveway, “Jimin actually has a major crush on Taehyung. It makes it seem like he doesn’t because he doesn’t want people to know. But he’s literally obsessed with Taehyung. Though, I’m pretty sure Taehyung just hates Jimin. I mean, Jimin can be a major jerk sometimes.”

“Wow,” Sangyeon said, parking his car and turning it off. “I would have never imagined.”

“What about Jaehyun?” Daehyun asked with a small smile. He missed so much about Youngjae. It was nice just getting to know about his kids.

“Oh my god, Jaehyun sounds like it would be a couple name or something between you and Youngjae,” Jungkook suddenly cried out, causing his father to blush. He noticed his two boys exchange smirks through the rearview mirror. “Anyway, Jaehyun is in student council with Sangyeon. He’s also president of the anime club. And he’s the top of the freshman class. He’s a really really smart kid. Very sweet.”

“Thank you,” Daehyun replied before opening the car door and getting out of the car. He went inside because he had a long night to prepare for. And he knew he was going to regret every moment of it.

 

Youngjae sighed and sat down on the couch, staring at the blank tv. He felt both his boys sit down next to him, but he ignored them. It hurt, having to see Daehyun again. He thought he was rid of him from his life. But it seemed like the ghost of his past kept coming back.

There was a knock on the door, causing Taehyung to stand up and open the door. Youngjae didn’t even have to look up, because he knew it was Jongup and Junhong. They always came at times like these, even th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter