Chapter Five

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was now Friday night and Jungkook was sprawled out on his bed with a game controller in his hands. At the foot of the bed, Jimin was sitting on the ground with his back against the bed. They were both smashing against their buttons in an intense round of Mario Smash Brothers. And like usual, Jungkook was demolishing Jimin. He was just too good at this game.

“I hate you!” Jimin cried, throwing the controller once the game ended.

“Hey hey hey, don’t take it out on my controller!” Jungkook cried, jumping up and grabbing his controller and placing it on the tv stand. “Maybe you shouldn’t play the best gamer in the world!”

“You’re not the best gamer,” Jimin said, rolling his eyes. “No one even knows you game.”

“That’s what makes it mysterious! The best always hides,” Jungkook said with a smirk.

“You’re not the best,” Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders just as Daehyun walked into the room.

“Oh yeah?” Jungkook asked, glancing at his father. “Name one person who is better than me.”

“Me,” Daehyun said, just as Jimin said, “Taehyung.”

“Dad, you don’t know how to play video games,” Jungkook said, rolling his eyes.

“Oh yes I do, son,” Daehyun said with a smirk. “You should see me play Overwatch with Himchan and Yongguk.”

“I don’t believe it,” Jungkook said, shaking his head. “You don’t play Overwatch.”

“I do son!” Daehyun said, proudly. “Don’t you underestimate me!”

“I would be overestimating you if I believed you were a good gamer,” Jungkook said, causing Daehyun to gasp.

“Ouch!” Jimin cried out, giggling at the look on Daehyun’s face.

“Oh you’re so on!” Daehyun cried out. “I challenge you on a match of--” he turned and looked at the tv screen “--Mario Smash Brothers.”

“Fine Dad, but I assure you that I will win,” Jungkook said, just as Sangyeon walked in as well.

“What’s going on here?” Sangyeon asked with raised eyebrows.

“Your brother challenged your father’s video game knowledge,” Jimin said, chuckling.

“Oh, I have to see this!” Sangyeon said with a grin, pulling Jimin onto the bed with him. “There’s no way!”

“That’s what I’m saying,” Jungkook said, setting up a new match.

“The faith the two of you have in me is very disappointing,” Daehyun said with a pout.

“It’s hard to believe an old guy is good at video games,” Jungkook said, causing his father to glare at him. Jungkook laughed and picked his character as Daehyun picked his own. They ended up doing Mario against Luigi. “Luigi? Really Dad?”

“Luigi is very under appreciated. His brother gets all the attention,” Daehyun said, shrugging his shoulders. “So you mentioned Taehyung, Jimin. How do you know he’s a good gamer?”

“Huh?” Jimin asked, exchanging glances with Jungkook, “Oh, um, everyone knows he’s this intense gamer and everything. So I guess it just implies that he would be good.”

“I told you, Dad,” Jungkook said as the match started. “He has a huge crush on Taehyung.”

“I do not!” his best friend cried out, causing Jungkook to chuckle.

“Yes you do, hyung,” Jungkook said, just as his character fell off a building. “Dammit!”

“Have you guys been in contact with them? Since Tuesday?” Daehyun asked, not taking his eyes off the screen.

“Dad, we’ve been at home this whole time,” Jungkook replied. “We haven’t even seen them. We don’t have their numbers or anything.”

“So I’m guessing you haven’t talked to Youngjae?” Sangyeon asked, causing Daehyun to shake his head. “Dad, you really need to talk with him. I can tell you’re hurting. And prolonging the situation isn’t going to help anything.”

“He hates me,” Daehyun said with a sigh.

“I don’t think so,” Jimin spoke up, causing everyone to look at him, the game momentarily forgotten. “I think he’s just confused.”

“It’s only been a week,” Sangyeon said as Daehyun turned his attention back to the game. “I think we should just give it time. Eventually things will work out.”

“So much has happened in just one week,” Jungkook said, smashing his buttons desperately. It was obvious that he was losing. “The car accident. Dad meeting Youngjae again. Taehyung punching Jimin. Taehyung getting beat up. The situation between Dad and Jongup. The death threat at school towards Jaehyun. My god, all that car accident did was cause drama.”

“You’re right,” Daehyun said, finishing the game with a final blow. He smiled and placed the controller down. “Told you I was good.”

“You cheated,” Jungkook said, just as the doorbell rang.

“I did not,” Daehyun said, standing up. “Jungkook, can you get that? I forgot it was Friday night dinner with Himchan and Yongguk tonight. I have to take a shower. It’s definitely been a very long week.”

“Yeah, sure,” Jungkook said, rushing down the stairs with Jimin following. Jungkook went to the door and opened it, revealing Himchan and Yongguk. Behind them was their adopted daughter, Tzuyu, speaking with none other than Jongup. “Oh, hi.”

“Jungkook,” Himchan said with a smile. Jungkook realized the shock on Jongup’s face as he looked up at them.

“You didn’t tell me we were going to Daehyun’s house!” Jongup cried out. “I shouldn’t be here.”

“Just get in here, Jongup,” Yongguk said, rolling his eyes and making his way inside as Jungkook stepped to the side. “It’s nice to see you, Jungkook.”

“Yeah, you too,” Jungkook said, not taking his eyes off Jongup.

“Is your Dad still angry with me?” Jongup asked as Tzuyu shut the door behind them. Jungkook frowned and shook his head.

“Dad was never angry with you. You both are in the same situation,” Jungkook said, glancing at Jimin. “The angry ones are Youngjae and Junhong.”

“Why are they angry?” Himchan asked, glancing at Jongup. “What aren’t you telling us Jongup? I knew something was off when you asked if you could crash with us.”

“Hi Tzuyu,” Jungkook said, waving at the girl standing there. The girl looked up with a bright smile, causing Jungkook to blush. “How are you?”

“I’m good,” she said, her voice laced with honey. At least that’s what it sounded like to Jungkook. He would be lying if he said he didn’t have a crush on her. “How are you, Jungkook Oppa?”

“I’m good,” he said, nodding his head awkwardly.

“Why don’t the three of us go join Sangyeon upstairs and let the grown ups talk?” Jimin suggested, leading them away. “I think we know enough about this situation as it is.”

“You’re right,” Jungkook said, leading the girl up the stairs with Jimin in the back. As they made it upstairs, Daehyun walked out of his bedroom with a towel thrown over his shoulder.

“What’s going on?” Daehyun asked with a frown.

“You better hurry in that shower,” Jungkook told him. “Jongup is here too.”

“Crap. Junhong’s going to kill me if he finds that out,” Daehyun said, biting his lip nervously. “Um, don’t tell Youngjae, yeah? Youngjae will kill me as well and I’ve already hurt him enough. I don’t want to hurt him anymore. Just… Both of them can’t know that Jongup is here, you know? I’m not supposed to be around Jongup.”

“I know,” Jungkook said, pushing his father towards the bathroom. “I have no way of contacting them anyway.”

“Wait, how do you know Uncle Youngjae?” the girl asked in confusion.

“Very long story,” Jungkook said. “I don’t think it’s really the time to talk about it… With everything going on.”

“No more drama,” Daehyun said before heading into the bathroom and closing the door. Tzuyu frowned and stared at the bathroom door before turning on Jungkook.

“Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter